Treatment of Dhanak's love (UPDATED* Part 4- Path to Love filled with

Posted: 4 years ago

The episode was cute. Dhanak was almost human, a sociopathic, narcissistic megalomaniac but human nonetheless. Raghu wasn't crying or just being grateful for Dhanak's presence but rather just being adorable. RaNak chemistry was good...well shruti and abrar's was amazing. Maayi was amusing. Puppy..oh sorry pappi...damn it! Puppa was ttly annoying. The usual fare of fluff.

Maayi seems to know dhanak better than everyone in the world. Thats kind of beautiful. Maayi actually means it- dhanak wouldve been her favorite if she wasnt a police person. I just wish Dhanak would show any such regard for maayi and try to understand and respect her. But their interaction may've been my favorite moment today. I stand by the observation that Dhanak and Maayi are eerily similar ppl and sonpapdi is the answer to Raghu's oedipal complex. 

The RaNak scenes were strangely sexualized today. Why strangely you ask? Cos a) it made no damn sense- Is Dhanak into him or not? It seemed she's thirsty one second and dusre hi second aise laga that she's platonically into him but not physically. She asked- you dont want anything for else from me? Kya maange ga? 50 tola sona ya soan papdi toh nahi maange ga. he wanted a kiss toh kiss kar deti behen. gal mein hi sahi. after all she seemed pretty hella thirsty just 5 secs before he pulled her towards and 5 secs after she moved away awkwardly to lust after him playing darji with her. which brings us to b) what was the need to fudging sexualize darjis? what the nonsense is that?!? it was palpable but i will NEVER be comfortable with the tailors again! couldnt they have targeted a less regular fetish to sexualize the relationship? 

Lastly for this episode, Dhanak's pyaar- yaar yeh Dhanak ka pyaar hain ya willy wonka's golden ticket? her ego is AMAZING...disturbing but AMAZING. Yaar you either love this dude or you dont. He's either won you over, in which case HE'S WON you over, or he hasn't. Aise kaun sochta hain- I will give you the best gift of your life by telling you i love you...šŸ¤” correct me if I am wrong- pyaar jab dono k beech hota hain, toh dono ko khushi deta hain. pyaar kabse ek gift ya ehsaan hone laga? her thought process is so damn skewed, its kinda scary. i know raghu makes it seem like he was not breathing till he saw dhanak, but she's seriously let it go to her head! Dhanak needs to come down like 700 notches and i hope the next several tracks show her working on getting raghu and working for the relationship rather than giving self-righteous shitty sermons. Cos girl seriously delusional. 

PRECAP: It was quite brutal. The new guy beat the crap out of Raghu. I hope police brutality is thoroughly discussed through this turn. Hope he will be a terrible villain police so that Dhanak's nonsense rose-tinted glasses of IPS gets broken and we can have some nuance in the story. Thats the reason they made the hero gunda right? to look at the story from both lenses? Otherwise its just Diya Baati 2 but shittier.   

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago

Dhanak ka sharto wala pyar hai. Pyaar kam, ehsaan zayada. I was not surprised to see her feeling superior about giving her pyaar as bheekh to Raghu. 

Not sure how Aslam entrapping and dumping Sejal is a revenge plan against Dhanak. This plan has no potential to drive a wedge between Raghu-Dhanak and Raghu will probably pop-off Aslam's head for hurting his sonpapdi. Yesterday I liked mai and today hated her. Sigh! I hate women characters who make such love-dump plans, plus she is such a strong character. Last time she made a plan against Sejal, it made sense. Now it makes no sense - just desperation. 

Dhanak's wait for Raghu felt out-of-place and stretched out.  

I am a little confused about where the story is going. SO now Dhanak will fight corruption inside the police department with Raghu in tow? 

Hey guys, 

Iā€™ve been busy lately so I havenā€™t been commenting much but Iā€™ve kept up with the show and posts on the forum. 

I have to say even though I dislike Dhanakā€™s moral upmanship and conditional love, I was pleasantly surprised to see her willing to say ā€œI love youā€ to Raghu before he completes his seventh vachan. Small joys šŸ˜‚. Like you guys, I also dislike her acting as if sheā€™s doing an ehsaan on loving Raghu because thatā€™s not how love works. But I kind of understand that she thinks itā€™ll be the best day of Raghuā€™s life cause Raghu basically worships Dhanak. The whole relationship has no balance and I donā€™t think Dhanak would even work half as hard as Raghu works for their relationship. At first, the ehsaan thing made sense cause Raghu forced Dhanak to marry him (something I personally didnā€™t forgive easily) and in a way she did do an ehsaan by agreeing to be his wife despite the forced marriage. But now that Raghu has redeemed himself and she is in love with him itā€™s just stupid. Relationships require humility and willingness to compromise, and these qualities are almost nonexistent in Dhanak. 

I enjoyed Nitinā€™s entry yesterday, he looks like a promising villain. But what I donā€™t understand is why do they need to bring a villain against Dhanak when they already have the Mai vs. Dhanak angle? Police corruption is a good track to have but I think that once again, the track is too early. I know itā€™s been mentioned on the forum earlier that the show is too fast and this is just another example of that. Also, I wonder if Nitinā€™s character and Mai will team up against Dhanak? 

I havenā€™t seen todayā€™s episode yet so no comments on that. 

Originally posted by Irshita

Dhanak ka sharto wala pyar hai. Pyaar kam, ehsaan zayada. I was not surprised to see her feeling superior about giving her pyaar as bheekh to Raghu. 

Not sure how Aslam entrapping and dumping Sejal is a revenge plan against Dhanak. This plan has no potential to drive a wedge between Raghu-Dhanak and Raghu will probably pop-off Aslam's head for hurting his sonpapdi. Yesterday I liked mai and today hated her. Sigh! I hate women characters who make such love-dump plans, plus she is such a strong character. Last time she made a plan against Sejal, it made sense. Now it makes no sense - just desperation. 

Dhanak's wait for Raghu felt out-of-place and stretched out.  

I am a little confused about where the story is going. SO now Dhanak will fight corruption inside the police department with Raghu in tow? 

I guess Raghu will become an IPS officer by the end of the show šŸ˜‚

@NainoMeinSapna

Ehsaan thing made sense when she agreed to be his wife and move-in but not anymore.

Love is going to take a backseat again as Dhanak will fight corruption to save her husband. Once she says "I Love You", story finish! ITV is not good at handling love stories once both have confessed.  

this nitin's character looks interesting...I like these negative/grey leadsšŸ’“ n he looked so dashingšŸ˜š which gave the feel of a ml entry šŸ˜Ž...they could have better had nitin's character as ml n sejal as fl rather than cry baby Raghu n robotic dhanak šŸ˜µ... n what a googly, after all those police trainings n undercover tasks by dhanak they showed upsc results, means she was not even a trainee but just an aspirant lolz *never seen such ignorant writing before* šŸ¤Ŗ

@teja.. thanks for writing the reviews...I'm not watching the show nowadays..just after reading ur review I checked that episode...I feel reading ur reviews more interesting than watching the episode...

This story has not been good with love even prior to confession. So im hoping they'll spruce up the romance once confession happens. They need to invest in this chemistry because shruti and abrar have gr8 chemistry. 

The weird thing is the lack of acknowledgement towards raghu's activities for the ips. The guy pretty much saved a bus full of people and then saved their police officer as well. Oh and did i mention he apprehended bablu don no 1? Aise aadmi logo ko toh national civilian award milni chahiye! But yeh toh ainvayi being arrested and all over 10 lakhs and mithai by tawre types. 

I really enjoyed tawre but he seems like a more corrupt janwar version of pre-sudhrao raghu and yes on maayi's ridiculous plan. What was that? And really? She's trusting male hormone to see through her tactics? And ofcourse the cvs will ttly ignore the communal differences between aslam and sejal and make it all about maayi's bekar plan to hurt dhanak. Gareeb writing. But i actually dont think maayi wants to break raghu and dhanak. She seems happy that dhanak loves her son. It'll make the girl more manipulatable i guess. She wants to break dhanak. But idk how this serves anything other than raghu killing aslam in a fit of rage. That'd be cool though. I like aslam a lot but imagine if thats how raghu becomes don. 

But you know guys both the male villain and hero and maayi are REALLY good actors and I'm starting to feel like shruti is drowning amidst them. Her screen presence needs to be stronger and have more depth. She sounds hollow most times. Probs something to do with Dhanak's unchanging expressions whenever raghu comes close to her, overly moralistic approach to everything, superiority complex about that approach and the fact that she sets muhurats to gift raghu her love. This better be some intense gift.

Last note, i agree with you naina its a bit fast but i think the track is here to cause friction which will separate RaNak and push raghu towards don ki gaddi. The more dhanak wants him, the more they come closer, the more friction between their lifestyles there will be. I dont think dhanak will succeed in getting raghu out of jail. She will be a policewali and no amount  of home time loving will fix that. Lines will be drawn. Men have fragile egos and raghu has a volatile temper to go with that. 

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 4 years ago

Originally posted by -JaZ-

this nitin's character looks interesting...I like these negative/grey leadsšŸ’“ n he looked so dashingšŸ˜š which gave the feel of a ml entry šŸ˜Ž...they could have better had nitin's character as ml n sejal as fl rather than cry baby Raghu n robotic dhanak šŸ˜µ... n what a googly, after all those police trainings n undercover tasks by dhanak they showed upsc results, means she was not even a trainee but just an aspirant lolz *never seen such ignorant writing before* šŸ¤Ŗ

@teja.. thanks for writing the reviews...I'm not watching the show nowadays..just after reading ur review I checked that episode...I feel reading ur reviews more interesting than watching the episode...

Ahahaha! Thanks Jaz! The production team should hire me to write for them. It'd be a lot better. The Tawde character is just khaaki mein gunda raghu minus the conscience raghu always displayed. I don't think he's grey. Or atleast i hope not. They make all don villains seem like evil incarnate so its only fair to keep tawde as one dimensional. Plus he did suggest that dhanak should go do raghu's encounter so seems like a murderer to me. Itv has no handling over grey. Especially this show which started with a grey premise weirdly enough. Oddly enough I think the show will get better now. But they took way too much time with dhanak's love. They really should've been in love before marriage. It'd have added a lot of weight to their storylines.

Originally posted by tejaswiniwenham

This story has not been good with love even prior to confession. So im hoping they'll spruce up the romance once confession happens. They need to invest in this chemistry because shruti and abrar have gr8 chemistry. 

The weird thing is the lack of acknowledgement towards raghu's activities for the ips. The guy pretty much saved a bus full of people and then saved their police officer as well. Oh and did i mention he apprehended bablu don no 1? Aise aadmi logo ko toh national civilian award milni chahiye! But yeh toh ainvayi being arrested and all over 10 lakhs and mithai by tawre types. 

I really enjoyed tawre but he seems like a more corrupt janwar version of pre-sudhrao raghu and yes on maayi's ridiculous plan. What was that? And really? She's trusting male hormone to see through her tactics? And ofcourse the cvs will ttly ignore the communal differences between aslam and sejal and make it all about maayi's bekar plan to hurt dhanak. Gareeb writing. But i actually dont think maayi wants to break raghu and dhanak. She seems happy that dhanak loves her son. It'll make the girl more manipulatable i guess. She wants to break dhanak. But idk how this serves anything other than raghu killing aslam in a fit of rage. That'd be cool though. I like aslam a lot but imagine if thats how raghu becomes don. 

But you know guys both the male villain and hero and maayi are REALLY good actors and I'm starting to feel like shruti is drowning amidst them. Her screen presence needs to be stronger and have more depth. She sounds hollow most times. Probs something to do with Dhanak's unchanging expressions whenever raghu comes close to her, overly moralistic approach to everything, superiority complex about that approach and the fact that she sets muhurats to gift raghu her love. This better be some intense gift.

Last note, i agree with you naina its a bit fast but i think the track is here to cause friction which will separate RaNak and push raghu towards don ki gaddi. The more dhanak wants him, the more they come closer, the more friction between their lifestyles there will be. I dont think dhanak will succeed in getting raghu out of jail. She will be a policewali and no amount  of home time loving will fix that. Lines will be drawn. Men have fragile egos and raghu has a volatile temper to go with that. 

@bold red: Tawre is interesting, I guess makers took inspiration from Simmba for him. And about the Aslam-Sejal thing, even I donā€™t understand how Mai is trusting Aslam when her own son has ā€œbetrayed ā€œ her. I guess sheā€™s banking on Aslamā€™s loyalty cause she took him in and he respects her greatly because of that? 

@bold black: Good point, because everything is happening so fast, thereā€™s room for friction and a misunderstanding between them. Dhanak hasnā€™t even gotten time to confess her love. I think Raghu will see the corruption in Tawre and maybe decide that thereā€™s no point in being good  but I agree that it would be cool if he becomes a son cause of Sejal-Aslam conflict. 

Technically she had time but she was waiting for the shubh mahurat of the century- her ips ceremony- to tell him about her love. She had 3 days between her exam and results. I mean you are married already, just tell him and start your life as lovers and spouses. Sab hone k baad, yeh ek baat batane k liye tamasha karne ki koi zaroorat nahi thi. She chose to ainvayi do all this natak. Aab bhukto.