Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pollyanna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

How does it remain steady like this without any change?

nemo316 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks Amrutha

TRP is the same but YTG and EBSS dropped, the gap has got smaller.

Shakti has continued to drop and may even be out of top 20.  The only way is down for Colors shows, apart from Naagin3 (which will end soon).

Only GB is safe now, which show will go next depends on when its replacement will get ready. The signs aren't good for Udaan, Colors hasn't tweeted about it this week, although I think it's more competitive in its time slot compared to most other weekdays and Colors main problem is at 8:00, 8:30 and 9:30 slots.

nemo316 thumbnail

I'm happy to see Colors struggles, in September Udaan was doing far better than all their shows are doing now, but was unfairly targeted (2nd/3rd best show, never out of top 20, most of the time top 15, leap wasn't given a chance unlike the current one). Even at 7:00, the show was stable and competitive but they kept changing and tweaking and this isn't just PH's fault, channel most likely was putting pressure on them to improve.

binivenugopal18 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't think Udaan going off air anytime soon as SP show failed to open well.

So any new show coming this time in Colors may be only can bring down existing trps so it can fell below the 0.7  ( 0.4 to 0.6 level)

So I guess Udaan will be safe for few months as of now.

LuvSSever thumbnail

Tfs Ammu :)

only thing seems with current 7pm slot trps is, whoever watches the show out of habit at 7 are still continuing to watch their own fav serials. so trp remains same for every week for their shows.is this the scenario??

lets see whats next week trp is.

but as bini said, udann seems safe now, bcoz the prime slot shows of colors are doing even bad.

sorry but i do feel happy😈😆 that after udaan none of 8.30 shows,are doing good on that slot..

yes, we dont wish bad for anyone but sometimes one has to learn for their mistakes and bad decisions. colors and ph deserve the trps coming their way.

though I havent seen the show before,from start but I have always seen the shown in Trp charts in top10 doing good 

in that context , udaan and the actors in it didnt deserve the treatment they got.

slot change shouldnt hv occurred. but some learnt it hard way.

Pollyanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: nemo316

Thanks Amrutha

TRP is the same but YTG and EBSS dropped, the gap has got smaller.

Shakti has continued to drop and may even be out of top 20.  The only way is down for Colors shows, apart from Naagin3 (which will end soon).

Only GB is safe now, which show will go next depends on when its replacement will get ready. The signs aren't good for Udaan, Colors hasn't tweeted about it this week, although I think it's more competitive in its time slot compared to most other weekdays and Colors main problem is at 8:00, 8:30 and 9:30 slots.

Hasn’t Colors got a problem with all the slots? Not slot leader in any of the slots.  I think they will wait two weeks before announcing which shows are going. Prateek Sharma's new show has gone on the floor.  The way I see it , Colors is in dilemma, if they bring a new show at the prime slot between 8 and 10, then expected TRP will be about 2 for it  be considered a success  None of the shows on the channel are getting that currently. In the last 6-8 months The channel has introduced 4 new shows in those slots and I don’t think the TRP has gone over 1.7 or 1.8.  This will make them cautious.  If they bring it outside of these slots and the show gets a TRP of 1 it is still a reasonable success

nemo316 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pollyanna

Hasn’t Colors got a problem with all the slots? Not slot leader in any of the slots.  I think they will wait two weeks before announcing which shows are going. Prateek Sharma's new show has gone on the floor.  The way I see it , Colors is in dilemma, if they bring a new show at the prime slot between 8 and 10, then expected TRP will be about 2 for it  be considered a success  None of the shows on the channel are getting that currently. In the last 6-8 months The channel has introduced 4 new shows in those slots and I don’t think the TRP has gone over 1.7 or 1.8.  This will make them cautious.  If they bring it outside of these slots and the show gets a TRP of 1 it is still a reasonable success

Colors biggest problem is getting more shows into top 20 and getting a show into top 10 to close the gap on SP, anything outside the lucrative slots won't do that. Colors needs a show to promote and to be the face of its success and a show getting 1 at 7:00 won't achieve this.

If they can't get a TRP of 1.5 between 8:00 and 10:00, they won't get 1 at earlier or later slots, Kesari and GB aren't bad shows, they're unlucky to air on Colors in its current state.  Manmohini and Happy are getting 1-1.2 at 7:30 and no one is touting them as successful.

I think Colors will replace all current shows by September but it'll do this slowly. 

IMO Colors won't become competitive again until they identify what their audience like and create an identity to suit, SP thrives on family drama, Zee on love stories of mahan FLs but Colors lost its identity the last two years.

Pollyanna thumbnail

Originally posted by: nemo316

Colors biggest problem is getting more shows into top 20 and getting a show into top 10 to close the gap on SP, anything outside the lucrative slots won't do that. Colors needs a show to promote and to be the face of its success and a show getting 1 at 7:00 won't achieve this.

If they can't get a TRP of 1.5 between 8:00 and 10:00, they won't get 1 at earlier or later slots, Kesari and GB aren't bad shows, they're unlucky to air on Colors in its current state.  Manmohini and Happy are getting 1-1.2 at 7:30 and no one is touting them as successful.

I think Colors will replace all current shows by September but it'll do this slowly. 

IMO Colors won't become competitive again until they identify what their audience like and create an identity to suit, SP thrives on family drama, Zee on love stories of mahan FLs but Colors lost its identity the last two years.

Then what they need is a show with big names.  Agreed big stars alone won’t guarantee success as you need a good story .  The competition isn’t from just rival channels anymore. There are lots of good shows on digital platforms and It is a shame that TV channels underestimate the ability of viewers to watch quality shows.  But to attract viewers initially you need a big launch.  Even if the content is regressive, you will get a good viewership in the first few weeks. And at least a few people will get hooked to keep watching it. 😀😀That’s marketing strategy . I stopped watching ITV shows about 6 months ago. And I don’t miss it at all. I

binivenugopal18 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Actors alone can't do anything.

And popular actors are failed many times and expectations of channel higher on them too.

Sometimes fresh faces did well and audience accepted them too.

Whatever it is,story is important and USP of any show.

And nowadays promos are not interesting enough for Colors.

The first week rating based on how much viewers attracted to a promo of a new show.

The coming weeks will decide how much people like the story and characters and chemistry everything.

And I guess the first  few weeks trps is crucial too.

Because once a show clicked and it got a decent trps at first month or so then naturally more people will start to watch and show become a hit.

( People looking out for trp charts too I guess)

I think Colors suffering too much now.

And may be they can opt for spin offs or second seasons like SP and Zee doing.

Balika Vadhu 2 or Simar 2 or anything !! to attract old viewers back.

I think love stories didn't clicked much with Colors but social dramas and family shows are their forte.

So Colors can plan a good Rajashree products family show or even Rajan sahi's family show might work.

And can try some social dramas too.