To watch or not to watch

EtTuBrutus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

When I heard that a spin-off is being made, I swore that I wouldn't watch it because I was done with saas-bahu drama. And yet while flipping channels, a chance encounter with this show forced me to give it a chance and am not sure I regret it. Not yet atleast. I watched the paragliding scene of Abhir and Mishti and was fascinated enough to check out their other encounters. 

Negatives

Cross connection- Absolutely annoying and flimsy 

Meenu and Rupal- Her character is illogical at times and the actress needs to stop acting like she is giving history lectures

Meenu and Parul- Cannot take more of these two and their love story

Positives

Abhir

Abhir-Mishti

Abhir-Kunal

Kunal-Kuhu

Abhir-Kuhu

The background score

Needless to say, I love Abhir and believe Abhi-Mishti have a lot of potential. A calm and understanding male lead, an assertive female lead, a male lead who does not manhandle  the female lead, a male lead who respects the female lead and stands by her, a relationship which is starting from acquaintance and friendship- there is a lot to like here. Also, initially I believed Shaheer Rhea ae mismatched but I have started to see a lot of chemistry in the last few scenes. I hope the makers throw this cross connection and absurd marital courtship nonsense in the dustbin (don't think they even understand what it is) and focus on them and their relationship. Also some focus on Kunal-Kuhu wont hurt. Another couple with a lot of potential and chemistry as well if I might add.

Looking forward to watch this show for a while before it bites the dust.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cool_wonder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Somewhere I feel that this cross connection thing is bringing Mishti and Abhir close......they are so comfortable with each other..... This is where their future relationship is building.....Yes for TRP sake this drama will be twisted and twisted, but as you said right now I am enjoying all the positives which you said.... One more point to note is even if there is cross connection not much of mishit Kunal scenes are show...not too much of Mishti Kunal discussion is happening...... The maheswaris just want to get a good alliance for Mishti.......Meenu is not interested to get Mishti for Kunal and neither Mishti is forcing herself on Kunal like she does with Abhir...She does not shout Kunal for Not having a phone or not answering her phone..infact Kunal picking up or not picking up her phone does not bother her as much as Abhir not having a phone irritates her........ She does not corner Kunal ....but always searches for abhir and tells him she wont let him go......... I think this corss connection has been shown wonderfully till now......
mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

then i've a question.. If they remove the "maritial courtship" topic then what'll be the Plot and main Storyline of this show ???? A cliche Love-Story of couple with lots of family drama ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

EtTuBrutus thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cool_wonder

Somewhere I feel that this cross connection thing is bringing Mishti and Abhir close......they are so comfortable with each other..... This is where their future relationship is building.....Yes for TRP sake this drama will be twisted and twisted, but as you said right now I am enjoying all the positives which you said.... One more point to note is even if there is cross connection not much of mishit Kunal scenes are show...not too much of Mishti Kunal discussion is happening...... The maheswaris just want to get a good alliance for Mishti.......Meenu is not interested to get Mishti for Kunal and neither Mishti is forcing herself on Kunal like she does with Abhir...She does not shout Kunal for Not having a phone or not answering her phone..infact Kunal picking up or not picking up her phone does not bother her as much as Abhir not having a phone irritates her........She does not corner Kunal ....but always searches for abhir and tells him she wont let him go.........I think this corss connection has been shown wonderfully till now......

I know there will be drama for TRP and it is inevitable but I hope they keep it subtle and focus on the two contrasting love stories. Five minutes of Meenu and Parul is all I can tolerate :D
EtTuBrutus thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahi246

then i've a question.. If they remove the "maritial courtship" topic then what'll be the Plot and main Storyline of this show ???? A cliche Love-Story of couple with lots of family drama ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I can only speak for myself. I like watching the two couples so far esp. Abhir-Mishti. Kunal and Kuhu also have a lot of potential if their love story is developed well. The way Mishti is going about the marital courtship, it looks like she is trying to find a plumber for her bathroom. Thats how shallow and mechanical she sounds. I hope they give this track a sane conclusion quickly and focus on the couples instead. I have personally really started to like Abhir-Mishti :)
mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtTuBrutus

I can only speak for myself. I like watching the two couples so far esp. Abhir-Mishti. Kunal and Kuhu also have a lot of potential if their love story is developed well.. Thats how shallow and mechanical she sounds. I hope they give this track a sane conclusion quickly and focus on the couples instead. I have personally really started to like Abhir-Mishti :)

Really๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ we find a plumber with so much worry, questions and concern about the future๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Let's see what RS will do with the show!

EtTuBrutus thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahi246

Really๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ we find a plumber with so much worry, questions and concern about the future๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Let's see what RS will do with the show!

No what I meant was Mishti is that mechanical about the rishta. No feelings, no thoughts given to it. Just repeat marital courtship twenty times to make it sound like she is serious about it. Which is why am so done with this cross connection. I'd rather watch Abhir-Mishti and Kunal-Kuhu instead. Yes lets see where this goes.
EtTuBrutus thumbnail

Also forgot to add. I dig the height difference between Abhir and Mishti. For once, the male lead does not intimidate the female lead (and is ulta intimidated by her) and the height difference comes across as endearing in the process.

Anuka3 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Also forgot to add. I dig the height difference between Abhir and Mishti. For once, the male lead does not intimidate the female lead (and is ulta intimidated by her) and the height difference comes across as endearing in the process.

I agree. When Mishti said โ€˜ Lambu kahin keโ€™ to Abir, his reply was funny. That was really cute. And mishti standing on the stool to be on eye level with Abir was one of their cutest scene.
AreYaar thumbnail

I can only speak for myself. I like watching the two couples so far esp. Abhir-Mishti. Kunal and Kuhu also have a lot of potential if their love story is developed well.The way Mishti is going about the marital courtship, it looks like she is trying to find a plumber for her bathroom.Thats how shallow and mechanical she sounds. I hope they give this track a sane conclusion quickly and focus on the couples instead. I have personally really started to like Abhir-Mishti :)

This. So much WORD๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. This is why the marital courtship is such a fail.