Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Jon/Aegon is the most bland, generic character on the show though. Giving the throne to the ultimate Goody Two Shoes as prophesized would be so straightforward, I would hate it.  😆

Sansa would have been great if they hadn't botched up her storyline. 

Exactly! He's too good and too much of a self sacrificial fool to be on the throne. Bless his heart though. His 'That would be treason' line broke me. He doesnt want to betray Daenerys. 
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

What's with the Sansa hate here?! Sansa's definitely not useless or worthless. Tyrion literally commented on how she's still standing and people who underestimated her are dead. Sansa is a victim who became a survivor and learned politics on the way. Sansa's mind and politics literally saved Jon's ass! He'd be long dead(again) if it was for Sansa's alliance with Littlefinger. Sansa is one of the most deserving people to sit on the Iron Throne. She survived Joffrey,Ramsay,Littlefinger and she learned politics and how to lead better without threatening to kill people with Dragons. Sansa hate doesnt make sense. Daenerys-hate still makes sense to me but not Sansa. 

Jon even though is an absolute sweetheart,is a fool. His first instinct is always to sacrifice himself which isn't the true mark of a good leader. Bravery sometimes just for the sake of it is stupidity. I don't mind Jon being the Savior- he always puts others before himself and I love his kind heart for it but he's not the only one who deserves to be the leader. 

Eh, I think it is more to do with the way Sophie Turner plays her. Unlike Cersei who is a pure villain, Sansa is one of the good guys. But Sophie plays it like a sort of underling villain. She is easy to hate. The completely unnecessary Ramsay storyline only made it worse .

I don't get the Daenerys hate either. Particularly last episode within the show.
Like the whole Tarly thing. Tarlys killed her most resourceful ally, Olenna Tyrell. Her side was weak. They refused to join her. So she executed them. We all know what happens in the show whenever you let someone live. Don't get why Sam was being so righteous. 
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Exactly! He's too good and too much of a self sacrificial fool to be on the throne. Bless his heart though. His 'That would be treason' line broke me. He doesnt want to betray Daenerys. 

I feel like the simple solution would be to just marry them off 😆

But I am hoping Tyrion, Bran or Sansa or somebody is pulling something off behind the scenes in True GoT style. 
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow there are people who actually dislike lyanna Stark and rhaegar !! I suppose it's the show cuz I've never met a book reader who disliked them or blamed them for anything. What they did was brave and not crazy. It caused a war, yes but they did it for love and that's amazing. The best part about this is that this whole thing happened in the past and now they mention it here and there in the books and whenever their description comes, it's definitely the highlight of the reading.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Eh, I think it is more to do with the way Sophie Turner plays her. Unlike Cersei who is a pure villain, Sansa is one of the good guys. But Sophie plays it like a sort of underling villain. She is easy to hate. The completely unnecessary Ramsay storyline only made it worse .

I don't get the Daenerys hate either. Particularly last episode within the show.
Like the whole Tarly thing. Tarlys killed her most resourceful ally, Olenna Tyrell. Her side was weak. They refused to join her. So she executed them. We all know what happens in the show whenever you let someone live. Don't get why Sam was being so righteous. 

Nope, Sansa is a grey character in the books too. She's as worthless as she is on the show in the sense that she just happens to survive. She's absolutely self centered and Turner is playing her on point as the underlying villain. 
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

Nope, Sansa is a grey character in the books too. She's as worthless as she is on the show in the sense that she just happens to survive. She's absolutely self centered and Turner is playing her on point as the underlying villain. 

Eh she was never a truly grey character in the books. First season, she did things because she was a teenage girl in love. Post that, she hasn't done anything villainish. Till the end ,where she is supposedly going along with Baelish's plan to kill the Vale kid. 

The show tried to amp it up with the Maleficent costumes but then they put her in Winterfell again to save time. 😆
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Can't wait till Sansa becomes the Queen she has been training to become. 
PyaasiChudail69 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

Can't wait till Sansa becomes the Queen she has been training to become.

People always complain how Sansa can't fight,use sword (apparently you're useless if you can't kill people) But if she indeed seats on the Iron throne that would cut people deeper than any sword could ever or Burn without any Dracarys 😆
I really think she's that younger and more beautiful queen from the prophecy,Way too much of foreshadowing in her arc.

OT-Sarcasm?Or some Reverse psychology
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: astha36

Wow there are people who actually dislike lyanna Stark and rhaegar !! I suppose it's the show cuz I've never met a book reader who disliked them or blamed them for anything. What they did was brave and not crazy. It caused a war, yes but they did it for love and that's amazing. The best part about this is that this whole thing happened in the past and now they mention it here and there in the books and whenever their description comes, it's definitely the highlight of the reading.

@bold:brave? there is a very thin line between bravery and stupidity. Rhaegar was married with kids. He already knew that his father was a mad cap and he himself was conspiring against his father during the tourney . Fine he fell for Lyanna stark but didn't he realise what repercussions his actions would have?
It's not like he was some silly teen who didn't know better. He was a grown man, someone who was touted to be very wise. He didn't think about his innocent little kids, his wife and just eloped with Lyanna. What was he expecting? That the Starks would be all happy knowing that their already betrothed daughter has been taken by Mr. I want to fulfil the prophecy Targ. Or that his unstable father would apologise on his behalf and convince the Starks and Baratheons?

The fool didn't even try to send someone to safeguard his other family in case he lost. So yeah, in my opinion it was more of a stupid decision than a brave one. The least these both 'lovers' could have done was to handle this whole elopement thing in a better way. 
Edited by trouble_006 - 5 years ago
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Eggon_Snow

No one deserves the throne except for my boy Aegon...not only is he the rightful heir but also the most deserving.

But man if it goes to that worthless Sansa I will loathe the show.

OT: Without Rhaegar and Lyanna there would be no Jon and without Jon there would be no saviour for Westeros. He is almost certainly the prince that was promised or Azor Ahai. It is a toss up between him and Jaimie depending on who kills his beloved because presently they are the two most selfless men.

@bold: 😆
John/Aegon the Sixth is definitely the guy with the cleanest heart in the entire GOT universe. And he totally deserves the throne because of his selflessness and bravery. But he's also good to a fault. And that won't let him become a good ruler. 
King in the North is fine coz the Northeners are basically good ppl,less interested in politics and more loyal to the North. However when it comes to the entire Westeros, how will poor John Snow handle the conspiracies and shit?
Even if he has to handle half of the political mess which we have been watching in GOT all through these years, his heart is going to break into pieces and he is going to be back stabbed again n again. 
But yeah, he's the hero of the series so...

PS - I have a feeling he's finally going to play the game of thrones this season aka there will be a betrayal. If that happens, I'm totally gonna root for him⭐️
Edited by trouble_006 - 5 years ago