Why was Alia Bhatt's step sister Pooja Bhatt not successful in films?

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Pooja Bhatt looked lovely in her younger days. She was the sexy and  fiersy version of Alia Bhatt in early  90's.
In my childhood thought Aashiqui was Pooja Bhatt's film. LOL.

Her last film was Zakhm which was great.

I think alcohol abuse and smoking ruined her beauty. 
Edited by Mugda - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hope011 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Because she didn't have a papa Kjo 
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
She was very outspoken and unconventional for her time. Just like Manisha. They couldn't handle it. So, Neither were as big as Madhuri
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
She was in the news more for her relationships and shocking quotes than her work. Plus she's admitted in recent years that she never had any passion for acting let alone being number 1 like her baby sister. I think she owns a basketball team now and seems more passionate about that.
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

She was nepotism version of kangana.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I wont be surprised if Alia bags Stree 2.
Because she didn't have KJo and she did mostly B-grade horror movies on her dad Mahesh Bhatt's camp which didn't help her much. She had very good chemistry with Aamir though.
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
err...for those who r saying kjo didn't adopt her and so...

it's only he started working with almost every leading actress, back then he worked with only with his favs rani and kajol...then kareena became her candy

he has admitted several times that he was pissed off when all leading ladies at that time - Karishma, Urmila, Raveena and even Twinkle Khanna rejected tina's role in KKHH. so he never worked with any of them, however now things have changed for him. 

Coming to Pooja, I think she was really good in Zakhm, but other than that I never saw fire in her to become successful, her father did try hard but that didn't work out I guess...

Kjo adopted Alia so things are different lolzzz

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
She is not that interested in films. She was her papa's muse so he directed her. She is far better actress than Alia.
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

She was very outspoken and unconventional for her time. Just like Manisha. They couldn't handle it. So, Neither were as big as Madhuri

Maybe, Dex. But you gotta admit that she sucked at acting. Alia Bhatt has a much better screen presence. Even as a petite damsel in Two States, she overshadowed Arjun.