Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

Chapter 10

Asad had joined Zoya's college as her professor. It was his first day and he had proven to be a good but strict professor. He had done everything right the only thing wrong he did was being strict with the good bad boy of the college, Atif Aslam Karimullah. Atif was Zoya's best friend. TEAZE' was the name of Zoya's friends group. Zoya's circle of friends decided that they had to give a "special" welcome to Professor Asad Ahmed Khan. This was nothing new to Zoya she had played pranks on fellow students and other professors. She heard Atif's plan and liked it. She smiled on hearing all the ideas he had. They were not harmful but would trouble Asad and maybe cause embarrassment. Asad would be embarrassed' the moment this feeling sunk into Zoya she felt something inside her screaming to go tell on her friends. She was being torn into two. Yeah she was angry with Asad for joining her college which could reveal her realtioship status but she could also not see him embarrassed in front of all and certainly not be made to feel embarrassed by anyone else other than her. She had made a promise to her friends not to tell on them but first she had made a promise to Asad on their wedding day. Yes he did not mean anything to her as a husband but the promises she made she believed in keeping them even if they were made to Asad. She decided to keep both promises.

Her eyes fell on Asad who was at the counter waiting for his coffee. Her eyes followed him and just then a smile came on the inside which automatically came to her lips. She smiled at him but he did not return it. He did not want to people to gossip about him and a certain student who was smiling silly at him by responding to her smile with a smile. When he did not return her smile she frowned. Her eyes popped when she heard that Atif had sent his other friend to loosen the screws of the only empty chair in the canteen towards which Asad was moving. It was too late to save him or was it? "Oh guys accha yaad aaya I need to go to the library for a reference book." Zoya was speeding out of the canteen when suddenly she tripped. "Ya Allah my foot." She screamed and Asad was the first one to rush to her. He knelt in front of her. Seeing her in pain his eyes became moist. "Are you ok? Does your foot hurt? Try getting up. Tum bhi na dekh ke nahi chal sakti? All your screws are loosened." In a low voice he scolded her out of worry for her. She wanted to give it back to him but this was not the place. She could not give it back to a teacher. "If I would not have done this you would be the one in a similar situation. Mujhe kuch nahi hua. My foot is not broken and neither are my screws looseded on the other hand the screws of the chair you were about to sit on are loosened." Asad looked at her squinted his eyes. She looked at him like a naughty child. "It was not my idea sacchi." He believed her. "Are there more plans?" "I can't tell on my friends." "But you will save me from all?" Asad smiled and she could not help but smile back at him. Atif who saw her smile at Professor Asad raised his hands in the air. There she too like every other girl has fallen victim to the charm of Asad Ahmed Khan who came into their college looking with Greek Godish charm and looks.' Asad helped Zoya get up and just in time Eeshaa and Tia also came there. When Asad placed Zoya's hands in theirs his hand brushed with theirs and made them feel something which Zoya did not like. "Chalen? I have sprained my ankle. Will you guys take me to the doctor or no?" She frowned at them and they smiled at Professor Khan. She was the one who was supposed to be in pain and had to be dragged to the infirmary but here she was dragging her friends out of Asad's sight.

The day continued and Zoya came to know about the second plan. Atif had a watch guy follow Asad. He had to have Professor Khan's pal pal ki khabar. Asad was supposed to go to the library to get some details of the reference books he wanted his first year students to read. Asad was just at the door of the library when he was about to push it open. He saw Zoya running towards him and before he could understand anything she pushed him to the floor and as she was also going to fall Asad protectively put his hand around her waist. She too fell on him. They lay there lost in each others eyes oblivious to the teachers and students in the crowd watching them. Asad was the first one to break the eyes lock. He singed Zoya to get up but she was too busy lost in his eyes. "Ms. Farookhi, get up!" He said a little loudly. "What happened?" "What happened is that you are lying on top of me. Utho!" Zoya got up and put forth her hand to help him get up. Asad got up himself. A teacher approached Zoya and asked her the reason for pushing Professor Khan. Before Zoya could say anything, Priya the hotty came towards the library. Just as she opened the door to enter the library a pail of water upturned and the water fell on her. She was completely wet from head to toe. Zoya was the one who laughed the loudest and others too giggled and whispered among themselves.

Asad looked away from a drenched Priya. Her wet shirt was a see through. He removed his personal things from his jacket and moved towards her. He removed his jacket and put it around her. "Priya wear the jacket properly and fasten the buttons." Priya looked at Asad with teary eyes. "Sir." "Priya do as I say." She took the jacket and wore it. It was only then Asad looked at her. "Priya if you have a pair of change of clothes toh I suggest that you should go and change and if not then go home as it is only the last two lectures are left." Priya looked at Asad as he put his hand on her head like an older brother would. She thanked him and left from there. Asad now turned to the students who were still making fun of Priya and her sorry state. Asad glared at them and at last his steel gaze stopped on Zoya who stopped giggling at once and looked down. "I am really disappointed in all of you." His gaze was still fixed on Zoya. "I know that you all do not like Priya. I have taught her for a lecture and have realized that she is a mean girl but that does not mean that you would so to her what she does to others if they are in a similar situation. If one of you would have come forward and helped her she would realize that how wrong she has been and would understand the niceness there is in helping people. She might have tried to help someone if anyone of you would have helped her today." Asad looked at the girls. "You are girls and aapki fellow female collgiate ko aapki help chahiye thi not one of you came forwad and gave her your scarf or dupatta or jacket even after seeing the coindition of her clothes. If someone else would have been in her place toh bhi aap yehi karti? You boys think that in her place it could be your sister, friend, girlfriend, finace, wife koi bhi female you know even then you would have stood there enjoying the show? The females in your life are your responsibility unki izzat karna, karwana aur uski hifazat karna aapki responsibility hoti hai. You would have stood up for other girls then why not Priya? You know I passed out from this college not long ago... We were taught the same things by the same teachers who are teaching you now but I guess seekhaane wale wahi hai bas seekhne wale aur seekhne ki chaah wo nahi hai."

"All of you leave." A teacher ordered the students to leave. Everyone left. Asad stood there looking at Zoya. She had disappointed him the most because he knew her. He expected more from her. Her friends had to drag her away from the spot she was glued to. An hour later Asad was sitting in the basket ball court of the college. "Go and give this letter to TEAZE'." He had called a peon to the library and told him minutes after everyone dispersed after Priya's incident. The note asked TEAZE' to meet him at the basket ball court. He was there at the exact time he had asked them to be there. TEAZE' came a short while later. They all stood in front of him. Zoya was about to speak but Asad put his hand up and told her to be quiet. He got up from his seat and stood in front of them with his hands crossed at his chest. He then picked up a backet ball and was driblling as he spoke to the group in front of him. "The pranks on the first day of a teacher or a student should be done, harmless ones of course. I agree even I have done them but there was a difference. I never missed the target and no innocent person suffered because of me. You want to play pranks on me do so but no one else should suffer because of it. One more thing the pranks are to be played on the first day only. Aaj kiya maaf kiya kal se nahi. Now go back to your classes I guess you do have one more lecture." He was going from the basket ball court when he threw the ball and scored a basket with his back towards the basket. "Show off!" Muttered Atif. "Shh!" Zoya and the others eyed Atif. Asad heard it but left thinking it was the first day.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Asad kicked the punctured tyres of his SUV. He banged his leather satchel on the bonnet of the vehicle and ran his fingers through his hair. Then a small smile came to his lips. They heard him afterall. They played a prank and got only him. He observed the tyres and there he saw it. A bobby pin. He picked it up and observed it. "ZOYA!" He groaned and walked out of the college gates. He stood there for 5 minutes and the hot Bhopali weather and the dusty roads got to Asad. He tried many a times to engage an auto rikshaw, a horse driven tonga and also a man pulling a cycle rikshaw but no one stopped. He was getting frustrated by every passing minute. He looked around trying to engage another mode of public transport but every attempt of his failed. He looked to his left just then his eyes fell on Zoya standing at the bus stop looking to her right. Their eyes met and she looked away. Asad went towards the bus stop. He was standing right next to her. "What are you doing here?" Zoya whispered in his ear. "Bhangda karne aaya hoon. Wanna join me?" He looked at her with a miffed look as she tried to tuck a lock of her silky hair behind her ear. "Maybe this will help." He put her bobby pin in front of her eyes. Her eyes popped and she pursed her lips to hide a naughty smile threatening to come to her lips. She looked at him. "It is not mine." She said defensively. "When did I say it is yours?" Asad shrugged his shoulders. She took the pin and fixed her hair. "What are you doing here?" Zoya asked and Asad looked at her. "Really you are asking me the reason why I am at the bus stop."

Zoya looked at Asad innocently and he stared at her. "Asad!" "Zoya! You guys punctured the typres of my SUV. I can't get any other mode of public transport so jhak maarke bus mein jana padega." "Asad." "What?" "The bus is here." As soon as the bus arrived the people started pushing inorder to get onto the bus. Zoya too got on the bus. Asad was still standing at the bus stop. "Asad this is India you have to get in the bus like this. If you will be civilzed you will never get on the bus." Zoya looked out of a window and yelled at Asad. Finally after everyone got in Asad got on the bus. Zoya had moved right to the front and sat on the seat reserved for ladies and Asad was way behind. The conductor came and asked Asad where did he want the ticket for? "Sultanpur." Asad replied. "Arre sahib, there are three stops in the entire Sultanpur area. The fare of all three stops is different. Tell me which stop you want to get off at nahi toh you will later on accuse me of giving you the wrong ticket and charging more fare." Asad did not know what to do. He looked over and smiled. "That girl..." He pointed in Zoya's direction. "I want to get off at the stop she will get off. She is a regular on this bus. Yes I want to go where she is going." The conductor looked at him from top to bottom. "Shareef ghar ke shareef aadmi lagte ho kapdo aur chehre se par harkat... What do you mean you want to go where that girl is going? Girl ko follow karta hai?" Asad was shocked at the accusations of the conductor. Yes what he said came out wrong but he could explain. Before he could clear the misunderstanding the people standing near Asad also misunderstood him. They demanded that the bus be stopped and take Asad to the nearest police station.

Asad realized the trouble he was in. He looked at Zoya. She was speaking to the middle aged woman next to her. Zoya made a face as she spoke and Asad read her lips. "Loafer kahinka. How cheap are the men these days following girls in the bus. Ghar mein ma behen nahi hoti hai kya?" Asad needed her help ASAP. He wanted to call out to her but he could not take her name in the bus she travelled everyday. What if some loafer really follows her and troubles her after knowing her name? "Lizzie! Lizzie!! Lizzie!!!" He yelled for the third time when finally Zoya realized that he was calling out to her. She looked in Asad's direction and saw a group of people surrounding him. He signed her to come to him. "Don't go beta he is the loafer following some girl on this bus." Zoya's mouth was formed in a perfect o and her eyes popped out of their sockets. She pushed her way to go to Asad. Asad sighed of relief to see a concerned look on her face. "Kya hua?" Beofre Asad could say anything the conductor spoke. "Arre madam this man is following you from your college stop and he is telling me to give him the ticket of the stop where you get down. Aap bolo toh abhi we can take him to the police station." Zoya felt like laughing out loud when she heard them call Asad a loafer who was following her. Then she changed her expressions. "Arre conductor bhaiyya doesn't he look too shareef to follow any girl? Kya problem hai if he is following me?" Everyone including Asad stared at Zoya. She continued on seeing their shocked faces. "Arre he is following his own wife aap sab ko kya problem hai?" Everyone settled in their own places whn they came to know that Asad was her husband.

The conductor looked at him. "What sahib you don't even know which stop is nearest to your own home? Aisa bolega then we will all think you are some loafer following girls. Abhi madam nahi aati toh you were toh gone na?" Zoya gave Asad a look as if she had done a great favor on him. "Conductor bhaiyya give him the ticket for Sultanpur Mazjid stop." The conductor made the ticket and gave it to Asad. "12 rupess." Asad removed his wallet and handed a 100 rupee note to the conductor. "Chutta dene ka. I don't even take 20 rupees note for 12 ruppees ticket." "I don't have change. 100 and 500 ruppee notes his hain." The conductor was fed up with this one passenger thinking God knows whose face he saw the first thing in the morning to have such a bad time on his route. Zoya bought the ticket for Asad. She then took Asad's hand and made him sit next to her. There was a naughty smile on her face as she scanned his face which had a cute shy smile on it as he was feeling embarrassed. "Asad." "Hmm." Zoya wondered how she was to ask Asad this question. She pressed her lips together to stop herself from laughing. She then in a very controlled voice asked, "It is your first time isn't it?" Asad looked at her in shock. She was asking this question to him that too at this time and at this place. What was wrong with this girl? "How did you know?" Zoya's lips curled into a teasing smile. "It is obvious." Asad looked down and then from the corner of his eyes looked at her and asked, "Is it that obvious?" Zoya bend her head low and looked into his eyes. "Asad, obviously it is very obvious. All that has happened in the past 10 minutes make it very obvious. You might as wear a board around your neck with on it written in bold IT IS MY FIRST TIME' Seriously Asad! This is your first time? I had no idea." Zoya looked away and giggled making Asad turn red feeling embarrassed as he looked at Zoya. "What is there to laugh about? I had a bike when I went to college and when I graduated abbu got me a car."

Asad and Zoya got off at their stop. Zoya could not stop laughing as she continued to tease Asad about his first ride on the bus. She saw him move towards the family home. "Oh chotu baby is going to complain to ammi about your big bad wife? By the way you owe me 12 bucks." Zoya teased Asad and he looked at her. "I am going to complain." Asad smiled and Zoya felt a bit scared. "Asad come on what is there to comaplin about and if you are forgetting I saved you every time." "Yes but you were the one who punctured the tyres of my SUV. So I have to go and tell the driver to take my mechanic and go to the college to get my car fixed. Why don't you head home and main driver se baat karke aata hoon. I will not complain at home about you promise." Asad and Zoya both left from there. Zoya came home and went to her room which is now supposed to be Asad's room. She was very scared but she had to change the rooms before Asad changed his mind. She quickly freshened up and went to her room. She opened the curtains and the full screen window allowed her to view the breath taking scene of the flower garden. "Wow the flower garden view is so beautiful. I love flowers and the rose bushes haye roz mujhe rose mil sakta hai warna there is no one to give me a rose. Thank you Allah Miya ki Asad wanted that lizzie wala room and wo room bhi na it has the view of the pool. I love my new room." She looked at Asad's stuff in the almira. She took it our and placed it on her bed. She then moved between the rooms to get and arrange her things neatly in the almira and the other place where the stuff belonged. An hour and a half passed but Asad did not come home so she decided to go to the family home.

Zoya happily entered the gates of the family home but her smile turned into a frown when she came to the main door. She saw Asad lying on the couch with his head on Sabreen dadi's lap. Noor was sitting on a sofa seat and patting his head. Dilshad and Raiza were standing near Asad with trays in their hands carrying tea, milk and juice in one tray and snacks in another. Sabreen gently caressed his face. "So beta how was your first day at college? How did Zoya like your surprise?" "Razia Dilshad what are you two doing standing over there? Bechaare bacche ko kuch khilao pilao look at him ek din mein sookh ke kaanta ho gaya hai." Zoya's eyes popped when she heard her Noor dadi worry for Asad as if she starved him at home. "Dadi I had a very bad at college. Zoya's surprise turned out be a shock for me. The students troubled me so much. Mujhe nahi accha laga college mein. I will not go from tomorrow." Asad said like a pre school going kid. Zoya's hand automatically formed a fist and she wanted to beat the crap out of him. "Oh come on now Asad don't be such a baby and not a word against my Zoya." Dilshad made him get up. "Dilshad please Zoya ki side mat liya karo. Ammi is right look at Asad bechara humara baccha has lost weight in one night. I am sure Zoya must have not made anything for breakfast. This is why I told you ammi not to make them live in a separate home. Aaja mera baccha Asad see I made French toast and coffee for you. Abhi ye kha lo baad mein I will give you your favorite dessert." Razia fed him with her own hands. Zoya could not believe her eyes on seeing Asad receive royal treatment. She went back to AsYa Villa blabbering like an angry wife would.  

Once she reached home she began thinking of ways for getting back at Asad for playing an innocent victim. She went to her room and saw Asad's stuff on her bed. A naughty smile came to her lips. She went and put Asad's stuff in his room. She then played every word in her head. She came to the kitchen and picked up a stainless steel plate. She held it in front of her and looked into it as if in a mirror. "Ammi ke bechaare bacche Asad ko his wife does not give food na? Haw Zoya you are such a bad wife. Now it is time to put on the halo and be a good wife. Chalo jaldi se make food for your darling husband." She did not know how to cook but she also wanted to get back at Asad. She took out her laptop and google searched for easy recipies. She found some 5 ingriedient recipies. Zoya made three different types of evening snacks. Asad came when she was just finished with her work and had time to clean up. As soon as he opened the door Zoya went to him and gave him a wide smile. "Asad, where have you been? I was worried sick for you. Dekhiye I made evening snacks for us. I was waiting for you and maine bhi kuch nahi khaya. I thought we should eat together." Asad stared at his sughad wife. She hooked her arms with his and took him to the dining table. Asad did not have an empty inch in his stomach. "Zoya I am not hungry." "But maine itne pyar se banaya hai. I don't know how to cook so I google searched the recipies. You will not eat anything? Have something at least. Mere liye." She looked at him. "Mere liye" these two words always got to Asad when Zoya spoke them.

Zoya saw him eat forcibly. At first she was having fun but then she thought that he might fall sick due to over eating. She was done so Asad too stopped eating. He went to his room to get changed while Zoya was cleaning the dining table. "ZOYA!!!" Zoya smiled when she heard Asad scream. He came, grabbed her upper arm and took her to his room. "What the hell Zoya what have you done?" Asad was angry and irritated. Zoya looked at him and innocently said. "I was being a good wife and did what you asked me to do." Asad looked at her with eyes wide. "I asked you to put my stuff in my room." "Asad you told me to put your stuff in your room so I put it. If you would have said arrange my stuff in my room toh I would have put it nicely. Ab mere liye put ka matlab is put toh maine cheezein lakar rakh di." Zoya left and Asad stood there with his fingers running through his hair as he looked at the mess Zoya made of his things. Asad began cleaning the mess but he just was in the mood to. Zoya went to her room and began her homework. After 2 hours she was done with all the assignments except for the one Asad had given. "Oh shit! Asad's assignment. How will I get it? Zoya you are so impatient you never look at the bigger picture. Asad would have told you what the assignment was but now no way in hell will he tell you." She came to Asad's room it was still messed up and he was not there. She looked around the house and also outside but he was not there. She found a note "Going to meet friends and dinner bhi bahar karoonga." 

Zoya smiled. She got to work to impress Asad and get on his good side so that he would give her the assignment details. She arranged all this things in its right place and also ironed his clothes and arranged them in the cupboard. She had her dinner and also changed for the night. Asad came at around half past 11. He went to his room and saw that it was completely set. He smiled as he was happy that Zoya did something for him. Little did he know her intentions behind all of this. Zoya was in her room waiting for Asad to come and thank her. When he did not for some time she went out and saw him watching the midnight news telecast. She sat next to him and smiled at him. "Asad I am sorry. I arranged your stuff properly." "Yes I saw thank you so much and you don't have to say sorry Zoya we both have been like this forever and neither of us can change overnight." He smiled at her and went back to watching the news. "Asad, coffee peeyenge aap?" "Sure." She went to make two cups of coffee. Asad was very happy as she was being all wifely to him. He liked the feeling when she took care of him. "Asad I wanted to ask you something." Zoya said while sipping the coffee. "Hmm." "Asad wo assignment jo aapne college mein diya tha..." "Zoya looked at him and he understood why she was doing all the nice things for him. He felt really bad that she was not doing it for him her husband but was bribing her professor to get assignment details. "Zoya I am your husband at home and not your professor. I can't do special favors to you just because you are my wife. It would be unfair to the other students."

Zoya did not like this principled Asad. "ButAsad..." Asad could have stayed and argued with her all night but he was too tired so he went to sleep. After sometime Zoya came to his room and saw him lying on the bed. She put his blanket for him and sat next to him. She realized that he was not fast asleep. She could make him speak in sleep if she wanted to. She thought about something. She too like Asad had felt a sudden urge to plant a quick peck on his dimpled cheek. She bent down to kiss him but just then Asad turned to lie on his back and felt some weight on him. He opened his eyes and saw Zoya extremely close to him. "What are you doing Zoya?" Zoya fumbled as she had no answer to what she was doing. She too did not understand what and why she was doing so. Zoya had tried to reduce the distance between her and Asad when he was asleep. She got up and was trying to leave from Asad's room. An angry Asad pins Zoya to the wall and caged her between his arms when she tried to escape. "What were you trying to do Zoya? I know the same thing you have been trying to do all this time. You want the assignment details. You were going to kiss me into giving you the assignment details. Zoya you have hurt me. I did not expect this of you."

As if what he had said wasn't enough Asad went a step ahead. The hurt Zoya had caused him was beyond his imagination. He knew she did not love him nor did she like him and so he would never experience this closeness with her but he had never thought that she would use herself to get the details from him. He had expected much character from her she broke the trust he had in her. "Ek baat batao for an assignment you were ready to kiss me what will you be ready to do If I say I will give you the examination paper? Will you go al the way Zoya? Bolo na Zoya? Don't you try and get out of this one I know that whatever you have done you did so that you get the assignment details." Her actions had made him say the unthinkable. Feeling insulted and confused by her own actions Zoya raised her hand to almost slap Asad. Asad caught her hand. "Now you know how I am feeling? If any one gets the wind of it do you know meri reputation ki dhajiyyan udd jaayengi. I will be seen as the professor who demands sexual favors from students. Tumhe meri reputation ki koi parwa nahi hai but mujhe hai." Asad moved away from Zoya. He looked away from her. Zoya was leaving. "2000 words on an ancient architectural monument of your choice with pictures and a model. That is the assignment and it is due on coming Monday. I know Zoya you don't love me, pyar chodo you don't even like me but I thought you respected me. Today you made me realize that you don't even respect me. Agar izzat nahi kar sakti toh toh mujhe beizzat bhi mat karo Zoya. Now get out of my room." Asad slammed the door once Zoya went out of his room.

Asad and Zoya both were in their respective rooms thinking about the others behavior. Tears were flowing down their eyes. Both were feeling sorry for their actions and hurt by the others. Asad and Zoya both went to sleep without sorting their fight. Silence spread and filled AsYa Villa the home where their love and happiness was to adorn every corner.  

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

Chapter 11

Asad and Zoya both were victims of a misunderstanding. Asad had caught Zoya as she tried to reduce the distance between the two of them. In a state of confusion Zoya could not reveal the real reason behind her act as she herself did not understand the intentions behind her actions and Asad misunderstood the intentions behind her actions. In the morning Zoya at first did not dare to come in front of Asad because once again if he would confront her about her actions she would have no answer but then she decided to face him. She got ready for college and came to the kitchen. Asad too did not want to face Zoya. He was ashamed of his words but hurt by Zoya's actions. He quietly opened the door of his room and saw that Zoya's bedroom door was closed. He sighed a breath of relief either she was still sleeping or she had left for college. He stepped out of the room and Zoya saw him trying to leave. "Asad, I have made breakfast." Asad came and joined Zoya at the breakfast table. They both quietly had their breakfast. Asad did not look at her but Zoya's eyes were fixed on him. Yes she had made a mistake but what he said to her was not right too. How could he say such things to her? How was he capable to insult her in this way? Why did he say these harsh words to her? Did she hurt him to that extent? Was she wrong in trying to come closer to Asad?' "Zoya, I am leaving for the college. Umm if you want I can take you with me." Zoya looked at him. "No thanks I will manage. Agar aap se lift li then you might take it the other way and accuse me of something else." Zoya left as she did not want to miss the bus. Asad closed his eyes and a tear escaped as he replayed the incident that happened last night.

Asad was about to get into his car when he remembered the previous days bus incident, not the embarrassing part the part where he was accused of following Zoya. What if someone really follows Zoya or troubles her? I know Zoya is capable of taking care of herself but kal raat and aaj subah ... What if she is lost in whatever happened and is not able to tackle a loafer?' The thought of Zoya being in trouble troubled Asad. He ran towards the bus stop. The bus was just leaving and he managed to run and board it. Yes he knew it was a dangerous and a foolish thing to do but he could do anything for Zoya. He searched the bus for her and saw her sitting near a window seat. He smiled seeing that she was safe and was surrounded by aunties. He stood at the very end near the rear door and kept his eyes on Zoya. She felt someone's gaze on her so she turned back to look but Asad hid himself before she could see him.

He followed her off the bus too. A couple of times again Zoya felt like someone was following her so she decided to confirm her doubts. Asad had his eyes on her all the time but in a split second Zoya managed to hide herself from whoever was following her. He could no longer see her. He felt scared and ran in her direction and she stepped out scaring Asad. "Gosh Zoya you scared me! Aise koi gayab hota hai kya? I thought someone kidnapped you." Asad hugged her and she stood there shocked. "Asad let go of me we are out in the public on the road near the college someone might see us." He let go of her and Zoya crossed her hands at her chest. "Why were you following me Asad?" Asad realized that he in his fear opened up to her. He should continue from here but he wouldn't be himself if he did not mess up. "What following you? Zoya the car is not yet fixed so I took the bus. If you were the last girl on planet Earth, there is one thing I would not do which is follow you or a girl like you." Zoya looked at him with tears in her eyes. "A girl like me, a girl who would try to seduce her professor for assignment details that is who you really see me as? Asad how can you even think of such a thing about me? You know me since the day I was born. And if you really think of me as such and you see that sort of a girl in me why were you scared thinking someone kidnapped me? You should be happy if someone takes me away from you." Zoya ran away before Asad could say anything. Asad kicked a stone and he got hurt in the process. "Ouch! Serve you right, Ass...ad Ahmed Khan. You were supposed to apologize to her but you hurt her more."

Just like the previous day Asad had his first lecture with Zoya's batch. During the lecture his eyes every now and then fell on her but she did not look at him. He called her to him for various works like distributing Xerox copies of an article he wanted the students to read, to clear the black board... little things like this. He tried to whisper sorry to her but she maintained distance and was very cold towards him. The class ended and so did his hopes of getting to speak with her because she rarely was alone. Her gang was always with her. He had no choice but to wait until after college. He had a break after his 3rdlecture so he went to the basket ball court. Even in his college days this was one place that he felt at peace. He took the basket ball in his hands and sat on the bleachers. The look in Zoya's eyes haunted him. He had hurt her a lot. Was there any forgiveness for what he had said? If he were in Zoya's place he would have forgiven himself but he wanted Zoya's forgiveness. He could not bear Zoya's hurt. There was a storm inside him and he closed his eyes. He opened them when he heard a sweet melodious voice that soothed him. It was coming from under the bleachers. Asad got up from his place and saw the person who was singing. He clapped and she looked up.

"Wow baccha I had no idea you sung so well." Asad moved towards her but she got up and was about to leave. Asad caught her hand. "I have to go I have a class." "Oh really now so you do know that this is the college and you are supposed to attend lectures. Must be an interesting professor giving an interesting lecture that you are leaving me alone. Yeah you should go after all who would want to be in the company of a boring old professor." Asad left her hand and sat down with a pout on his face. "Asad bhai... Sorry Professor Khan or Asad Sir, suna hai maine that we should address you only as such." Asad looked at Humaira. "Yeah you must have heard but not from me because you have not attended my lectures. You can call me Asad bhai, if I was here as your professor I would have not called you bachha. Hai na?" Humaira smiled at him and sat next to him. "So tell me baccha sach mein I am that boring that you are not attending my lectures?" Humaira looked at him. "It is not that Asad bhai. I want to attend your lectures. You know I have looked up to you from my childhood and to be taught by you Asad bhai that is what I always wanted but..." "But what? Tell me maybe I can help." Humaira took a deep breath. "Asad bhai wo kya hai na that there is a singing competition and I really want to take part in it. You know na ammi abbu has us on a strict schedule college se ghar, ghar se classes, classes se ghar. Even at home I am not able to practice as they insisit on academic excellance. So I bunk your lectures and practice singing. Asad bhai I really want to win. I have to."

Asad looked at Humaira who then looked away from him. He smiled. "Hmm toh ghar ki murgi daal barabar so you bunk my lectures." Asad made a sad face and Humaira attempted to make him smile. "Asad bhai you are not murgi you are murga. You are a boy." "So who's the boy?" "You are bola na." "Not me the boy you want to impress with your singing abilities." "Asad bhai he is not a boy." "OMG not a boy so you want to impress a girl!" "Asad bhai I don't want to impress a girl and he is not even a boy. He is a man." Humaira was pareshan pareshan pareshan with Asad's teasing. "Oh he is a man. So iss man ka koi name hai?" Asad was smiling and Humaira knew that on knowing the name of the man she was in love with the smile on her Asad bhai's face would vanish. "Asad bhai, promise me that you will not get angry on knowing who he is. Keep an open mind about him. See Asad bhai the thing is that every girl wants to be in love with a man who is like her father but wo kya hai na I am your special baccha and you have been my hero my role model so I want my partner to be who is exactly like you. You see you are AAK so the man I like is also AAK. You and he are very very much alike so when I got to know him I fell in love with him. Asad bhai I am in love with Atif." Asad was smiling on seeing Humaira talk about the man she fell in loe with but then the name registered, Atif. His eyes popped and there was a clear displeasure on his face. "Atif? Atif Aslam Karimullah! You are in love with him! You want to impress him!" Humaira made a cute face. "He is a really good singer Asad bhai." "Baccha just because his name is Atif Aslam he does not become a good singer. Every Atif Aslam can't be a singer just like every day is not Sunday." "But Asad bhai..." "Baccha no ways." "Please. Mere liye." There they were mere liye the two words that could make Asad do anything not only for Zoya but for all the females in his life.

"Accha theek hai but I will keep an eye on him and as for your music practice goes I will help you but when we both have free lectures and you could ride with me in the morning and after college. We will have a good time to practice. As far as your college work goes you can come at home at night and I will teach you." Humaira got excited and she hugged Asad. "OK Asad bhai enough about me tell me why had you come here? Don't try to hide it from me I know that when something troubles you you come to the basket ball court. Don't look at me like that haan if you were only my Asad bhai I would have not known this about you but since you are also my friends' Professor Khan I know because they have google searched you. Now tell me." Asad gave a faded smile. "I messed up. Zoya ... I messed up real bad baccha." Humaira smiled at him. "So, clean up the mess. I know you and aapi. Aap aapi ko mana sakte hain and there is not an ounce of doubt in my mind ki aap manaye aur aapi maane na." Asad smiled this was just what he needed someone to assure him that all will be well. "Accha now Asad bhai jo bhi ho we are still on for tonight." "Sure." Asad's arm was protectively around her shoulder and hers possessively on his waist. "I love you. You are the best." She squealed as they came out from under the bleachers. Asad asked Humaira to go to her class. "Bye I will see you tonight. Your place. 9:00 pm." Humaira waved at Asad and he gave her a wide smile. He too left as he had a class. Unknown to them someone saw them come out from under the bleachers and heard the last line Humaira said to Asad. There was disgust and pure hatred in his eyes. He gritted his teeth and clendhed his fists. "Humaira what have you gotten yourself into? An affair with the professor wo bhi Asad Ahmed Khan ke saath. What a hypocrite Asad Ahmed Khan is! On one hand he lectures us to respect the girls and on the other he is taking advantage of a nave young girl. I will not let you get away with this Asad Ahmed Khan."  

In the evening after college Asad had called for his vehicle. He wanted to reach home before Zoya and make preparations for saying sorry. "Hey Asad bhai chalen?" "Umm baccha wo I am going to the supermarket and then I will be going home. Do one thing if the car has not come to pick you up go with Zoya by bus na." Humaira's eyes popped. "By bus! Who me?" "Yes you." "Asad bhai I can't. Waise bhi aapi has already left. Her friend told me that she has gone to the public library." Humaira got into Asad's vehicle before her secret protector could stop her. He saw them drive away and banged his fist on the wall. He hopped on his bike and decided to follow Asad and Humaira but it was too late.

Humaira's secret protector had no idea where Asad lived so he had been hiding outside Humaira's house keeping an eye on her. He was relieved that she had not left home and it was 8:30 pm. He left from there as he knew that Humaira's father was a strict man and there was no way she could go out of the home after he came back from the office. Asad looked at the dining table and pat himself on the back. "Good job Asad." He had made Zoya's favorite dishes for dinner. Time had flown by as Asad had immersed himself in cooking for Zoya. He checked his wrist watch. It was almost 9:00 pm. Asad called Zoya but she did not answer his call. "Where is she? The public library closes at 7 and this girl why is she not taking my calls. Asad seriously you are asking why she is not taking your calls." He went out to the front lawn to see if she was coming. She was not. He made an excuse and went to the family home to ask about her but she was not there too. He then was worried about her as she did not even answer the call he made from the family home number. He rushed out of the family home went to their home and started the car. He drove like a mad man and reached the public library. It was closed. He called out to her and looked for her but he did not find her. He looked for her everywhere in the route of the library and their home. He looked for an hour and also kept on calling her on the phone but she did not pick up. He decided to go to the cops but first he had to tell the family about Zoya being missing. He came home just to ckeck once before going and telling the family. Tears were flowing down his eyes and he finally breathed. There she was sitting on the stone cold bench. He rushed to her and hugged her tightly. "Shukar Allah ka that you are fine. Don't ever do this to me Zoya. Don't ever dispappear on me. Don't punish me like this." Zoya put her arms around Asad. "Asad I am fine."

Asad broke the hug and looked at her. "WTH Zoya where have you been? The library closes at 7 and ab 10 baj rahe hain. I have been looking for you like crazy. I was going to go to the cops. Where in the hell is your phone? Why did you not answer my calls? Don't you have any sense of responsibility? Why are you sitting out here? Why do you always have to cause problems for me?" He was holding her shoulders and shaking her for answers. Zoya angrily pushed his hands away. "I am sitting here because I forgot my keys at home. I did not take your calls because I put my phone on the silent mode in the library and then I must have forgotten to put the inger on. The rest of it can we continue inside else ou will accuse me of causing a tamasha in front of our neighbors." Asad opened the door and they went inside. Zoya saw the food Asad had made. "Zoya wo... I... dinner... baat..." "Asad I am not hungry. I had dinner with my friends and seriously it will be better if we don't talk to each other right now. Waise bhi you should not be talking to a girl like me." She went to her room and slammed the door. Asad too went to his room. At around midnight he remembered to refrigerate the food so he came out of his room. In the dimly lit kitchen he saw Zoya gorging on the food he had made. He was admiring her as she stuffed her mouth with food. On hearing her hiccups he went to her and gave her a glass of water. "Take it Zoya. Please." Zoya gulped down the water and saw Asad smiling. Before she could say anything Asad took her hand in his and looked into her eyes. "I know you ate the food I made to apologize but that does not mean that you have forgiven me. I know I was a jerk Zoya and that I hurt you a lot. I will not make you a promise that main dobara kabhi Jerk Ahmed Khan nahi banoonga but I will try everyday not to be a jerk. Zoya promises break but koshishein kaamyaab hoti hain. I will ask for your forgiveness till you don't forgive me." Zoya did not say anything.

Asad and Zoya both could not sleep that night too. Asad was in the living area watching and also taping a program on The Taj Mahal. Zoya came and joined him. Asad knew tha the Taj was Zoya's favorite architectural monument and that her assignment would be on the Taj so it was a good idea for her to see the program. It was a 2 hour documentary. The sunlight streamed in through the white curtains of AsYa Villa and fell on Asad causing him to stir in sleep. Asad opened his eyes and found himself sleeping on the couch in the living area and not only that Zoya too was sleeping on the same couch comfortably resting her head on his left side. He smiled and lay there waiting for her to wake up. They had fallen asleep on the couch. When Zoya opened her eyes she saw them sleeping together on the same couch in each others arms. She tried to get off the couch without disturbing Asad but the two of them fell off the couch with him on top of her. He tried to get up but Zoya saw a chance and caught him. "Why Asad, why do you do this? When I am not around you you worry about me and when I am around you you end up hurting me making me go away from you. Why?" Asad did not say anything. He got up and went to his room. Zoya sat there thinking about his behavior.

Asad and Zoya went to college, she by bus and he with Humaira in his SUV. At the college Asad was Professor Asad to Zoya but he was Humaira's Asad bhai both at home and college. He continued his singing classes with her and she brought his favorites to college. They had begun to spend an awful lot of time behind the closed doors of the college music room. Humaira's secret protector continued to look out for her by keeping a close eye when she was with Professor Asad Ahmed Khan. Their closeness disturbed him but he saw that she was happy with him and Asad too had not crossed any limits. He just used to hold her hand to teach her how to play the piano and strum the guitar. He still did not like it when Asad touched Humaira. 5 weekdays passed since Asad began teaching at Zoya's college and there was a public holiday on Saturday. Asad and Zoya had 2 days off back to back. He was lazying around in the lving area. Zoya came and stood in front of him with his hands crossed at her chest. "Asad help me clean up the house." "Why? Clean toh hai and if you want to clean the house ghar se maid ko bula lo." "Asad I know the house is clean but I want to super clean it. Your sasumom called and told me that I am a bad bahu as I have not invited my sasural wale for lunch at our new home. So I have invited my sasural wale for lunch kal." Asad sat up. "What do you mean you have invited your sasuraal wale for lunch? What about my sasural waale?" "Toh invite them like a good damaad like I invited mine like a good bahu. Asad please stop all this, after cleaning you have to take me shopping. I have taken down all the recepies and I have to buy the ingredients." After cleaning the house all morning Asad took Zoya for shopping. Asad and Zoya were setting the shopping items in the shelfs. "Asad." "Hmm." "I have to shift my things in your room." Asad dropped a can of tomato puree. "What? Why?" "Asad kal sab ghar aayenge and if they see us living in separate rooms toh?" "Oh yeah." At night they shifted her things in his room.

In the morning Asad got ready and Asad came out of his room. He saw Zoya working in the kitchen. She was kneading the dough and a lock of hair was falling on her forehead. He came forward and tucked it behind her ear. "Need help?" "Hmm." "Asad began chopping the onions and he cried because of them. She wiped his tears. They prepared a feast for the families. Asad and Zoya had a good time working with each other helping each other out. They were stress free as they had not had one bad moment so they did not even have to pretend to be happy for the families. Razia and Dilshad were both happy as Zoya had put up a tasty meal and also that she kept the house clean. Every time someone praised her she shared the credit with Asad saying "Asad helped me." Najma missed her firend and bhabhi a lot. She decided to have some fun. Zoya and she were in the kitchen. "Wow bhabhi you dressed up really nice. You are looking great." Zoya in the flow of sharing credit with Asad once again said "Thank you Najma Asad helped me." Then she realized what Najma had said and what she had. "Najma." Zoya lightly smacked her. Asad came there. "Oye, why are you hitting my sister?" "Nothing." "Bhabhi it's not nothing it's something something. Waise bhai I did not know you were so helpful you help bhabhi in everything even in getting dressed." Asad eyes popped. "Bhai bhabhi revealed all your secrets." Beofre Asad could scold either of them they both ran away from there. The two families which was actually one big happy family had a wonderful time at Asad and Zoya's place. The entire day went by happily leaving everyone with happy memories to remember one day far in the future. Sabreen and Noor both complained about mising Asad and Zoya a lot. When theywere leaving they dropped a bomb on Asad and Zoya that the tow young grandmothers would come live with them for a few days. Asad and Zoya did not know how to react so they just smiled. Asad and Zoya cleaned up the house and then went to their own rooms.

Asad was ready to hit the bed and when he came to shut the curtains he saw Zoya sitting by the pool. Her back was facing him but he realized that he was sobbing. He went to her and sat next to her. "Zoya what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Zoya wiped her tears. "Nahi kuch nahi. I can't tell you." "Why not? I am your husband and you can share your problems with me." She looked at him. "Promise if I share my problem with you you will not get angry." "Promise I will not get angry. Ab bolo kya baat hai?" "Wo kya hai na Asad there is a professor at my college Professor Akdu Ahmed Khan..." Zoya paused and saw the expressions on his face change. "Shall I continue?" "Please do." "OK so see the first day when I went back to college he gave us an assignment. He also said that he will not take excuses for not submitting the assignment on time. Now I have made the model and also have down loaded all the pictures for the assignment but wo kya hai na you know na that I burnt my right index finger while making rotis..." Asad remembered how Zoya had burnt her finger making the roti and how he blew on it to soothe her pain. Something had tingled inside both of them and they both hid it. She snapped her fingers in front of his eyes and brought him out of the flashback. "... toh I can't type because my finger is hurting like hell. So if I can't type the assignment from rough to fair work how will I submit and you don't know him he is such a khadus he will shout at me in front of the whole calss if I tell him I have not completed the assignment and then he will happily flunk me in the assignment and you know na I don't like to fail. So I am worried that I why I was crying." She looked at Asad and waited for him to burst but she also smiled teasingly as she knew he could not because he was not her professor at home he was her husband and he kept both lives separate. Asad took a deep breath and reminded himself of the koshish of not being Jerk Ahmed khan and also at home he was her husband and so he was supposed to help her in trouble. "I'll help you." "You will?" "Yeah sure I will help you. Why the surprise? All your rough work is done and all I have to do is type what you dictate to me, print and stick pictures and file your assignment." Asad helped Zoya do her assignment which she submitted to Professor Asad Ahmed Khan in his Monday morning class.

It was Wednesday morning, everyone waited for Professor Khan to come and give them their assignment scores. He came and called the students to give them their scored assingments. Zoya with a sad look stared at the scores of her assignment. Zoya had scored 35 out of 50 in the first assignment given by Asad. Asad gave her only 35 marks even after he saw the hardwork she had put in the assignment. She looked at him with a frown. How can he give me only 35 marks? He is so strict while correcting papers. I wonder what he has given the others especially to Miss Hotty.' With this thought she realized that Asad had given out everyone's assignment except Priya's assignment. A smile came to her lips as she turned to look at Priya. Priya had gone pale white. She was an average student and always scored average marks. Zoya thought that if Asad can give her, Zoya an intelligent student 35 what marks must he have given Priya.

Asad was writing important pointers about an architectural wonder Burj Khalifa' they had just discussed in class. "Excuse me sir." Asad turned towards the class when he heard a soft voice. It was Priya who had raised her hand. "Priya I will answer to all the questions once I finish writing these pointers. First I want you all to note down these pointers and then I will solve any difficulties." Priya got up. "No sir it is not about Burj Khalifa wo you gave out everyone's assignments but not mine." She had a scared look on her face. "Hmm." Asad removed his spectacles and took seat. He called Priya to the teacher's desk. As she came towards Asad's desk she heard muffled giggles and saw sly smiles of other students. Asad took out Priya's assignment from his folder. He got up and sat on the edge of the desk. "This is your assignment. I think I should make copies of it and distribute it to other students and also put a copy of it on the notice board." Asad looked at the class and then at Priya. "I am sorry Priya I could not give you more than..." Priya was in tears even before Asad completed his sentence. "I hope these are happy tears Priya." Everyone was confused. "Sir?" "I am sorry Priya I could not give you 50 out of 50 you see it is the policy of the college no full marks are to be awarded. You will have to do with 49 out of 50. Now this is how an assignment is supposed to be done." Asad smiled and gave Priya her assignment. Priya could not believe her eyes and the others could not belive their ears. Priya scored the highest in class. How was that even possible?' "So do I have the permission to make copies of your paper and give to your fellow classmates?" Priya nodded her head in a yes. "Sir." "Hmm." "This is the first time I have scored so well after joining this college. Thank you." "Priya you don't have to thank me. It is your hardwork that has paid off. This is the first time you have scored so well in this college I hope it is not the last time." Priya promised Asad to do well in her studies. Priya went back to her seat and Asad smiled as other students wanted to see her paper. They were warming up to her. As he was turning back to the black board Asad looked at Zoya who looked sadly at the marks she had got.  

Asad was sitting in the staff room reading a book. He looked up from the book when he heard a soft knock at the door. It was Zoya. He knew that she would come to him for an explanantion.  She looked inside the room and saw that no one was there. Asad was all alone. "Asad." He raised his brow. Zoya realized and rectified her mistake. "I am sorry. Professor Khan may I come in?" "Yes you may." Zoya came and stood near Asad. "Zoya what brings you here?" She slammed her assignment file on the table. "35? You scored me 35 out of 50. How could you? You saw how much hard work I put into the assignment. Is it because of what I did that night? Asad you say that you keep your personal and professional life separate then why did you punish me in our professional life because of what I did in our personal life." Asad gave Zoya a tissue to wipe her tears. He stood up and in a calm voice asked, "Zoya why are you sad? Is it because I scored your assignment 35 out of 50 or is it because I gave Priya 49 out of 50?" Zoya looked at him in anger. "Why is she so special Asad? Why is she your favorite?" Before Asad could say anything there was another knock at the door. It was Priya. "Sir may I come in?" "Yes Priya you may. Miss Farookhi and I are done talking." Priya entered the staff room and Zoya exited.   

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

Chapter 12

Asad and Zoya were in the staff room where she asked him about Priya being his favorite student. Asad was about to tell her when there was another knock at the door. It was Priya. "Sir may I come in?" "Yes Priya you may. Your fellow classmate and I are done talking." Priya entered the staff room and Zoya exited. "Sir, you had asked me to meet you here." Asad removed a book from his leather shoulder bagl and gave it to Priya. "Here you go Priya, this is the refrence book you need to read." "Thank you sir." Priya took the book and was about to leave. "Priya I asked you do something else too." Priya looked at Asad. His eyes were fixed on her. "I am trying sir, everyday one step at a time just like you said but I don't know if I will succeed." Asad got up from his chair and stood near Priya. "Priya the important thing is that you are trying. Don't forget your success does not depend on you only it depends on others around you too." Priya nodded and left. "He has time for her but not for me." Zoya was standing outside the staff room and heard everything. Asad felt Zoya's presence around him. He looked at the door and Zoya snuck her head in. Asad was reminded of the young Zoya who used to peep into his room like that after she had somehow troubled him. He went to her. "Zoya what are you still doing here?" Zoya had a pout on her face and complaints in her eyes. She raised her right hand and showed him her pinkie. He put her hand down. "Zoya what are you doing? Jana hai toh jaao na. Why are you showing me your pinkie like that?" Zoya realized what he meant. "Tch not that. I am katti with you. I will not speak with you. Not till you tell me why she is your favorite." Asad looked at her and smiled teasingly. "Zoya after being katti with me you are still talking to me wo bhi itna saara." Zoya frowned and stomped away.

Zoya continued her silent treatment all day in Asad's case. Even at home she did not speak with him. She was waiting for him to make her do batti with him. It would happen only after he told her about his favoritism towards Priya. After dinner Zoya went to her room. She finished her homework and came to the kitchen but Asad had already cleaned the kitchen and also done the vessels. "Tch Asad bhi na. Who asked him to do all this? I know he is trying to do batti with me but nahi there is only one way that I will be batti again with him is and that way is to give me the answers." She went back to her room. After an hour Asad knocked on her door. He opened it and stood there. "Zoya." Zoya pretended to be asleep but she could not stop herself from answering. "Go away Professor Khan I am sleeping." Asad sighed and shook his head at Zoya's behavior. So she is pretending to be asleep and she is sleep talking to her professor and not her husband. Good as it is it is her professor who needs to answer to her questions and not the husband. Maybe now he could get her talking.' Asad smiled and entered. "Oh so you are sleeping." She turned and faced him. Her eyes were still closed. "Professor Khan what are you doing here?" Asad sat on the bed. "Well you are dreaming of me. You called me here in your dream so I came. Why have you called me in your dream Zoya? Do you dream of all your professors or am I a special one?" Zoya looked at Asad naughtily. He came in her dream so he can't go before she wants him to. She snuggled her blanket a little closer to her body. She looked like a cute child. "Why is Priya your favorite?" Asad sighed. Here he was in her dream and she could have said, done or asked him anything but she asks him this. "Zoya what makes you think that she is my favorite?" "You gave her 49 out of 50 and you know she has never scored so good ever in the entire years she has been in our college." Zoya eyes were popped like a little kid does when it wants to be taken seriously.

Asad looked at Zoya. Man she looked so cute right now! How he wished he could... He came back to his senses when she tugged on his T shirt. "Zoya she is not my favorite. I scored her so well because she deserved it. She worked hard for it." Zoya sat up as if Asad had committed a crime and now she was going to punish him. "She worked hard! Toh main kya bhangda kar rahi thi? Even I worked hard Asad and you know it very well. You helped me type my assignment." Asad snapped his fingers. "Zoya your husband Asad helped you do your assignment and Zoya it was not perfect. When your professor corrected it it was clear that you had missed many crucial points." Zoya was angry like a small kid. "Asad if you knew I had missed some points toh you should have told me na I would have added those and then even I would have scored well like always." Asad gave her a look. "OK ok I understand I was not supposed to take help from anyone else for the research. If I would have covered up all the points how much would have my professor given me?" Asad smiled at her. "If you had not missed those points your professor could have given you 49 out of 50." Zoya was shocked. "49 out of 50 same as Priya! I know you can't give me 50 marks but you could have given me more than her. 49 3/4 perhaps? Chalo 49 1/2 accha lets settle on 49 1/4. I would have been happy with that too. So next time yaad rakhna ok." Zoya looked at Asad till she was sure he understood her. "OK. Now go to sleep."

Asad got up but Zoya caught his hand. "Asad I overheard your conversation with Priya in the staff room. You had told her to do something and she said that she was trying but was not sure if she would succeed ya nahi and you said her success depended on others... What was all that about? If she is not your favotire then why do you give her so much attention? Why do you help her out so much? I know that you are a good teacher and help out all your students but I have seen it that you are good to her you pay more attention to her among all your students. If you don't mind you could share with me, your wife not some jealous co student of Priya's." Asad looked at Zoya. He knew that she and Priya were not on good terms and if Zoya knew about Priya it could be a problem for Priya but he had to trust his wife. Maybe he would help Priya a little more if Zoya knew about her. He had to have faith in Zoya. Asad took a deep breath and sat next to Zoya. He took her hand in his. "Zoya I am trusting you with Priya's truth. I hope that you will not betray my trust and the things I am going to tell you as a husband and a professor will remain between the two of us." Zoya pressed his hand and assured him that he could trust her. "I promise Asad I will not break your trust. If is it in my power I will even help you, be by your side in helping Priya."

"Zoya yaad hai wo din my first day at college and the water prank I had given my jacket to Priya." "Hmm I remember what about that day?" Asad looked at Zoya he was not going to reveal only Priya's past but also a part of his past. She nodded and asked him to continue. "That day she had returned my jacket before going home. She had forgotten her her gold earrings in one of the pockets. I thought she had left them by mistake but baad mein jo hua I realized that she left them there on purpose." Zoya could not believe that manipulative Priya would do such a thing. Surely she wanted to meet Asad alone so she must have planned it all. Asad from Zoya's expressions understood what she was thinking. "It's not what you are thinking Zoya." "Oh yeah then why would she do that? You don't know her Asad you have not seen her real side." Asad gave a faint smile. "Maybe she wanted me to see something no one from the college ever saw." "Wo kya?" "The real Priya. The one no one from college ever saw or tried to see." "Real Priya! You think the one she is in front of all she is faking it?" "I don't think so I know so. Zoya that day I had some time off on my hands and as you know she lives 2 buildings away from the college. I went to her home to return the earrings and what I saw there shocked me."

Zoya waited for him to continue but Asad could speak no more. Zoya pressed on his arm and encouraged him to speak. "What did you see there Asad?" Asad swallowed a lump forming in his throat. "She was not at home. Her parents were and they let me in. When I entered their home I saw a wall dedicated to Priya's academic excellence. I could not believe it because I too saw the same Priya as you all did. I asked her parents about it and then they told me about her past. Zoya promise me you will keep it to yourself." She pressed his hand and assured him. "I promise Asad I will not tell it to anyone." "Priya was a very bright student from her childhood. She was a geek. She was troubled all through her school years by others. They made fun of her spectacles, her oiled hair tied into braids with a ribbon and if that was not enough all that teasing led her to over eating so she put on weight. She had no friends growing up. No one danced with her at her school farewell. The teasing, the remarks, cartoon on the black board and in washrooms all the torture from schooling years continued in her junior college too... Everyone and everything has a limit Zoya, Priya too had. Bardaasht karne bhi koi had hoti hai and one day she broke down. She had entered degree college and that first day was the worst day of her life... She never returned home that day... She was ragged and she tried to commit suicide in the chemistry lab by taking some chemical... She was rushed to the hospital and saved. They saved her body but her mind and soul were destroyed. She was different from others but the others did not understand that her difference made her better than them. She thought if she can't fight them she will join them and she changed. Her parents shifted to Bhopal she changed her appearance her attitude and became the Priya she is now."

Asad looked at Zoya. She saw tears in his eyes. "Her struggle is not over Zoya. In order to become like others she lost herself somewhere and she is feeling suffocated. She pushes everyone around mistreats them hoping that one day someone will push her and she will scream out the truth about her real self but no one pushed her to that point. She was alienated as a geek and even when she tried to be like others. She needed someone to reach out to her and that day when I helped her she must have seen that I could be the one to help her. I spoke to her parents and assured them that she would get all the help she needs without anyone knowing about her past. I wrote a note for her telling her that she needs to trust me and I will get her through but she too has to work at it one step at a time and try to reveal her real self to her college mates if she wants to become friends with them or for them to put forth a friendly hand. I left her home as soon as I can because I could not breathe there Zoya. She had tried to end her life because of those who harassed her who were mean to her... Zoya..." Asad was feeling suffocated. He ran out of Zoya's room to the front lawn. Zoya followed him and saw him sitting on the grass. She came to him to try to pacifiy him but she did not know and could not understand why it affected him so much. She gave him some water. Zoya tried to take Asad to the stone bench but he just could not move. She sat next to him. "Asad I know that there is something more to all of this... Why did her past affect you so much that you could not breathe?" Asad could not face her. She cupped his face in her hands. Asad looked at her with tears in his eyes. He began to cry like a child and put his head on Zoya's lap. She caressed his hair. She had never seen him lke this ever before.

"I was one of them." "You were one of whom, Asad?" "I was the one in school and college who made fun of people like Priya... I ragged many on the first day and teased them all through the year. Zoya Priya tried to... What if someone because of me? What if I had pushed someone to that extent? What if someone would have tried to commit suicide because of me or maybe some one did commit suicide..." Zoya wiped his tears. "Shh Asad aisa kuch nahi hai... I know you Asad.  I know that you can never have done such a thing to push someone to that extent. No one would have tried to kill themselves also no one would have killed themself. If something like this would have happened you would have known but aisa kuch nahi hai. Asad aap jaante hain to wipe hundreds of mistakes like them one step one helping hand towards Priya is enough because that goodness lies in your heart. Asad don't punish your self for something that never happened."

She continued to caress his hair. She looked at him he was still thinking about his past behavior and how it mught have affected others. Zoya had to make him feel fine. She had to make him go back to Asad Ahmed Khan the man she knew. She smiled as a nice idea came to her.

"Accha Asad if Priya is not your favorite then who is?" Asad sat up and looked at her. "Asad don't lie to me I know you have a favorite and there is a buzz about it in the entire college. Tell me na who is your favorite." Asad got up and she held his hand. "Asad! Where are you going?" He knew what she was trying to do so he too had to help her help him. He smiled naughtily. "Zoya I see that you are wide awake now so my time in your dream is over. Now I have to go in the dreams of all those lovelies who must be dreaming of me but since I was in your dream I could not go in theirs but now I have to. Let me give you a quick lesson in Economics you see it is a case of demand and supply. The girls demand my awesome appearance in their dreams and I supply my awesomeness to them. Bye." Asad ran towards his room and closed the door.

Zoya followed him and began to knock on the door. "Asad... Asad... Asad... Asad... Asad..." He had no choice but to open the door. "Zoya how many times has everyone told you not to watch TV before going to bed? I am so sure you have seen The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon Cooper ki rooh ghus gayi hai tum mein." Asad went and lied down on the bed. Zoya once again began to poke him. "Asad... Asad... Asad... Asad... Asad... Asad who is your favorite? Tell tell tell tell tell." Asad sat up and was really annoyed. "You want to know who my favorite is." "Yes." "Alright naam nahi I will show you her photo." "You have her photo!" Asad gave her a photograph. "Here she is my favorite." Zoya looked at the photo and a wide smile came to her face. Asad saw it. He pointed on the photo. "Not this one the other one the older nahi the younger one of the two sisters is my favorite." Zoya was irriated with Asad's answer. "Fine let her be your favorite waise bhi mujhe shaukh nahi hai teacher's pet banne ke." She left from the room slamming the door behind her. Asad looked at Zoya and Humaira's picture. He caressed her picture. "Zoya Humaira is my favorite student but you are my favorite everything."

At the college Zoya was continuously staring at Priya and Asad's words echoed in her ears. Asad during the class caught her staring at Priya and signed her not to. Zoya decided that she would help Asad help Priya but she had to make it look subtle. In the break the TEAZE was in the canteen. Priya entered and sat in a corner table. Zoya was saying something but Atif was not paying attention. "Atif dhyan kahan hai tumhara?" "Umm nothing Zoya wo Professor Khan has not come to the canteen as yet. It is lunch time..." The rest of the gang stared at Atif with their mouth open. "Atif since when do you care if Professor Khan has had his lunch." "I am not worried about him I am worried about..." Atif looked at Zoya. How could he blurt it out in front of his best friend that her sister was been taken advantage of. He could not do that to her. He had to save and protect Humaira all on his own. He looked at Priya and Zoya saw it. "Atif seriously you think Priya is here so Professor Khan has to be here." "Why should he not be here? After all she is his favorite." "Atif, aisa kuch nahi hai. Priya needs help thus Professor Khan is being a good teacher and helping her out. If any other student male ho ya female he will help them out too." "How do you know that, Zoya?" "Bas I know." Zoya picked up her stuff and left from the canteen. On her way out she banged into Asad and they had a brief eye lock. Atif saw this and he clenched his jaw. He could not stop thinking that Asad was that kind of a man who took advantage of nave young girls. He had Humaira, Priya in his trap and now he was aiming for Zoya. He had to do something about Asad Ahmed Khan and that too, quickly.

Atif had for the past whole week seen Humaira and Asad practice everyday at college. He had also noticed that she arrived and left with him in his vehicle. Atif keeping Zoya out of the loop but shared this with the rest of the gang. They did not believe him but they knew that he would not make it all up. It could be a misunderstanding but they had to stand by him either to clear his misunderstanding or if he was right to protect Humaira. Atif now had only one aim and that was to protect Humaira from Asad and to expose him. Well that becomes two aims. Atif kept a close eye on Humaira and he wanted to warn her about Professor Khan's intentions but he could not get a chance to speak with her alone. Asad and Humaira had no idea about them being watched at all times. Asad had helped Humaira out a lot with her singing but she needed a huge dose of confidence so he decided to help her get it. He thought of a way which would give her a huge boost of confidence, he had to make her sing in front of everyone. "No ways Asad bhai I can't sing in front of everyone! How can you even think of such a thing?" Humaira looked at Asad as he if he had told her to do something alien. "Humaira if you don't get the practice or confidence to sing in front of others how will you sing at the college function or take part in any competition?" Humaira pleaded with him not to force her into doing something she did not want to. Evesdropping on them Atif heard it and misunderstood Asad's demand and Humaira's not giving into it. He left from there thinking of teaching Asad a lesson. "Anyways Asad bhai even if I want to we can't sing as per college rules. Prinicpal Sir kabhi permission nahi denge." "You leave that to me."

That night at home Asad saw Zoya packing an overnight bag. "Zoya what are you doing? Why are you packing your bag? I have not done anything to hurt you. I have not, right?" Zoya sighed and turned to him. "No Asad you have done anything and I am not leaving because of you. Your laadli you favorite student told me she has some work with you and can't tell me about it. Top secret of Asad Ahmed Khan and his favorite student can't be shared with poor Zoya. I know my presence here would not be liked and waise bhi I don't want to be a kabaab mein haddi between Professor Khan and his favorite student so I am going to the family home for the night." Asad waited patiently for her to end her drama. "Ho gaya? Zoya it is not a big secret mission or something ok ab naraaz nahi ho I will tell you. I have been helping Humaira to improve her singing. She wants to take part in a singing competition." Zoya was shocked. "Humzi and singing? Asad she does not sing not even in the bathroom." "Yes she is does not because she is not a bathroom singer Zoya. She has a really good voice and she is a good singer bas wo confidence ki thodi kami hai. I wanted to speak with you about it. See I have tried to convince her to sing at the college but she is not feeling like. I need your help maybe your friends especially Atif could help. I hear that he is a good singer see if I ask he wil not help but if you ask him he will not say no as he is your best friend. So will you help Humaira?" Zoya smiled. "Of course I will help her she is my sister Asad but only on one condition." "Wo kya?" "You have to promise that you will never ask me about any of my secrets." "Promise but why can't I ask you?" "Because aapke pet mein koi baat nahi tikti. You shared Priya's secret with me and now even Humaira's. I don't know mere secrets kis kiske saath share karenge aap." Asad pouted like a 5 year old. "Ab aisi bhi koi baat nahi hai. I can keep secrets too. I have a secret from so many years and I haven't told anyone about it." Zoya smiled slyly. Asad looked at her making a straight face. "You will never get it out of me. Now pack your bag and go home." Zoya went to the family home after Humaira came.

Atif who had been keeping an eye on Humaira and Asad the entire day was restlessly pacing in his bedroom. He could not get the words out of his head. First, he misunderstood the conversation between Assad and Humaira and second, the chattering of some girls at the college. The words echoed in his ears. "OMG it must be so excting for Humaira as she gets to arrive and depart from the college with Professor Khan." The second girl said, "This is nothing Professor Khan's house is in the lane behind Humaira's house. I mean she can see his home, his bedroom from her bedroom." The third one, "Kaash I was as lucky as her." The other two said in unison, "Not only you kaash even we were as lucky as her." Atif picked up his bike keys and stormed out of his home. He knew where Zoya and Humaira lived. He came to their home and parked outside in a dark corner. He waited there for an hour or so but there was no movement. He had from outside seen the two sister's bedrooms. He had never been to their home. There was no light in Humaira's room. He smiled as she must have gone to bed by now. She was safe from Professor Khan as she was in her own home. When he was leaving he heard a familiar voice. It was Humaira. He saw Humaira moving away from a man... He looked closer and it was not just any man it was Professor Khan. What the hell is she doing with him so late in the night? Has she lost all senses of right and wrong?' He saw Asad catch her hand and stop her. "You know I can't. I am not ready." She looked down. Asad hooked a finger under her chin and made him face her. "I know you are ready. Do it for me and I promise you will be ok. I will be with you. Tumhe meri kasam." That was it he gave her his kasam and she was ready to do it.

Atif clenched hisjaw and tightened his fist. He punched on the tree trunk. He saw Asad leave Humaira at the gate of SK mansion and then return home. Atif in a fit of rage slashed the tyres of Asad's SUV and also wrote a note wrapped it on a stone and threw it inside Asad's home breaking the glass window. Asad came out of the house with the stone to look for the one who had done it. He could not see the face of the man leave on a bike. He saw the license plate and noted it down. He saw that the tyres of the SUV were slashed. He opened the note and on it was written "Boori nazar wale tera moonh kala." Asad did not recognize the hand writing. He called up his contact at the RTO office to find out about the bike owner. Asad cleaned up the broken glass and also called up the carpenter to come home first thing in the morning to fix it. He had to keep it all hidden from Zoya and the family. He did not know why he was being subjected to this. The next morning Zoya and Humaira together left from the family home for college as per Asad's instructions. The carpenter came to AsYa Villa to fix the new glass and as Asad wanted it to be a secret he agreed to the same. Asad was getting ready when he got the call from his contact at the RTO office. The bike belonged to one Atif Aslam Karimullah. Asad was stunned to know that Atif was behind all of this. He knew Atif did not like him but for him to go to these lengths it was not some prank but it was a crime. He had to speak with Atif and find out the truth.

At the college, Zoya had already spoken to her friends about helping Humaira gain confidence to sing. Asad had also taken permission from the principal for them to sing in the break in the canteen. All was set. Atif was just fuming. "Zoya if Humaira needed help in singing why did she not come to me? Why did she go to Professor Khan?" Zoya thought he was being silly. "Atif toh kya hua? She feels comfortable with him. Trust me he is also a good singer. Accha now let's think about helping my sister." Asad came to the canteen and Humaira was right behind him. Atif and Asad had a strange cold stare match. Zoya made Atif and Humaira made Asad look away. Asad signaled a student and he brought a guitar for Asad. Humiara was shocked and now understood as to why Asad forced her to come to the canteen instead of a private practice. Asad sturmmed the guitar and played the tune of Humaira's favorite song. She was trying to leave but before she could he held her hand and made her stay. Asad began to sing.

Asad: Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey

Humaira looked at Asad and followed his eyes. He was looking at Zoya and telling her to continue. Humaira looked once more with her big eyes asking, How could he tell aapi? Now she will make fun of me.' He blinked his eyes telling her that it was ok.

Zoya: Aa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Zoya too like Asad and Humaira had a beautiful voice. She then took Atif's hand and made him get up. He too had to sing and help Humaira. He wanted her to see that he could help her so that she would come to him for help the next time instead of going to Professor Khan.

Atif: Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Seeing Atif sing and signing Humaira to sing the next line brought a smile to her face. She picked up the next line.

Humaira: Aa Ha Ha Ha Ha

Asad saw that Humaira was now ready to sing as Atif was also going to be singing with her. He knew of his negativity for him but at least had a positive attitude for her. Asad smiled at the rest of the singers and began from the first line.

Asad: Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey

Zoya: Aa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Atif: Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Humaira: Aa Ha Ha Ha Ha

Asad: Mohabbat,

Humaira: Dil Ka Sakoon Hai Aitbaar

Atif: Mohabbat,

Zoya: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Zoya: Dil Ka Sakoon Hai Aitbaar

Humaira: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Asad: Oh, Dekha Hai Aaj Humne Sanam

Humaira: Aap Ki Aankhon Mein Pyaar

Humaira: Mohabbat,

Asad: Dil Ka Sukoon Hai Aitbaar

Zoya: Mohabbat,

Atif: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Zoya: Dekha Hai Aaj Humne Sanam

Asad: Aap Ki Aankhon Mein Pyaar

Humaira: Dil Ka Sukoon Hai Aitbaar

Zoya: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Atif:Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey

Zoya: Aa Ha Ha Aa Aa

Humaira: Ishq Hai Chaahat Ka Nasha

Tujhko Nahin Hai Pata

Asad: Jisne Kiya Woh Jaane Hain

Kaisa Hai Iska Maza

Zoya: Is Mein Milan Ki Hai Bekhudi

Is Mein Judaai Bhi Hai

Atif: Is Mein Wafaaon Ka Rang Hai

Bewafai Bhi Hai

Humaira: Pyaar Mein Jeete Marte Hain

Hum Aashiq Deewaane

Asad: Pyaar Mein Jeete Marte Hain

Hum Aashiq Deewaane

Atif: Dil Ki Ada Hai Yeh Iktiyaar

Asad: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Zoya: Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa

Atif: Aa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Humiara: Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa

Asad: Oh Ho Ho Ho Ho

Zoya: Is Mein Haqeeqat Hai Chhupi

Is Mein Kahaani Bhi Hai, Oh

Humaira: Is Ke Labon Pe Hasi Hai Toh

Aankhon Mein Paani Bhi Hai

Asad: Is Mein Toh Hai Bechainiyaan

Is Mein Qaraar Bhi Hai

Atif: Jeet Hai Jo Is Khel Mein

Is Mein Toh Haar Bhi Hai

Zoya: Is Mein Jalke Marte Hai

Ulfat Ke Parwaane

Asad: Ho, Is Mein Jalke Marte Hain

Ulfat Ke Parwaane

Asad: Karti Hai Dil Ko Beqaraar

Atif: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Zoya: Dil Ka Sukoon Hai Aitbaar

Humaira: Dil Ki Tadap Hai Yeh Intezaar

Asad: Ho, Dekha Hai Aaj Humne Sanam

Humaira: Aap Ki Aankhon Mein Pyaar

While singing the song the four of them danced in the canteen. Asad was dancing with Humaira and Atif with Zoya. They interchanged partners too. They had a blast and also the audience. They got a wonderful response. Everyone was praising Humaira which boosted her confidence. She was now ready to sing for the competition. She wanted to thank Asad for doing this for her. She knew that she did not need to thank him but she anyways wanted to. Asad was surrounded by students treating him like a star asking him if he gave private music lessons as many of them would love to learn from him. Humaira was moving in Asad's direction when a hand clasped around her wrist and forcibly pulled her out of the canteen. "Atif leave my hand. What are you doing? You are hurting me leave me." Humaira was trying to free herself from Atif but he was not letting go of her. "What is your problem, Atif?" "What is my problem? What is wrong with you, Humaira? If you wanted music lessons you could have come to me. Why did you go to Professor Khan?" "So what if I did? What's it got to do with you? Let me go Atif, you are hurting me." "Humaira listen to me Professor Khan..." Atif was not ready to let go off her and she tried to get out of his hold. "ATIF!!!" Asad came there and saw Atif hurting Humaira even it if was unintentional he was hurting her. He had to stop Atif from saying anything more because he knew what Atif was about to say would hurt Humaira far more than she was being hurt at that moment.

Asad came to them. "Atif leave Humaira's hand. Leave her and let her go. We need to talk about something. Let her go and chalo mere saath." Asad made Atif leave Humaira's hand. She was not ready to go but went when Asad told her to go. Asad caught Atif by his upper arm and took him to the BB court. "What the hell is wrong with you, Atif?" Atif glared at Asad. "There is nothing wrong with me but there is everytrhing wrong with you and your intentions where Humaira is concerned." "Atif you are misunderstanding me. I can never harm Humiara. Main aisa soch bhi nahi sakta." Asad tried to make him understand but Atif was blinded by rage. "I have seen you trying to come closer to her. You even shifted your home in the lane behind her home. I saw you... I saw her... I know everything." "Yes Atif I know you saw everything but you did not understand anything." Asad removed the note from his pocket. "Atif being a prankster is one thing and what you did last night was a criminal activity. What if there was someone in my home when you broke the window? Kisi ko chot lag jaati toh?" "I know there was no one because you had called Humaira to your home and zahir si baat hai you will call her when you are home alone." Asad pinched the bridge of his nose. There was no way to make this boy understand. "Atif you don't trust me but you do trust Humaira right? You have faith in her that she will never do anything forbidden or wrong one of which is being in a relation ship with a teacher. Do you really think she is that weak that nave that someone can take advantage of her?" "Oh so you are saying she wants this relationship with you." "Atif you are twisting my words. Humaira and I don't have that kind of a relationship and we can never have. You don't know anything about me and from what you are doing and saying I don't think you know her either. I don't want you to say these things in front of her or anyone else and cause pain to her. You want to say anything say it to me. How can I get you to understand that my intentions are pure? What do you want?" "I want to teach you a lesson." "Well Atif that you can't as I am your teacher it is my job to teach you a lesson of what is right and wrong and trust me you need one."

Atif scoffed. "Bahut shaukh hai na teacher banne ka! Hero banne ka! Let's see who teaches a lesson to whom. Let's have a basket ball match. If I win then you will leave Humaira alone." "Atif I can't do that. I can't leave her alone but yes what I can do is teach you a lesson. If beating me or being beaten by me at a basket ball match is what will get you out of this misunderstanding then let's have it. You and I will have a one on one basket ball match here after college." "Let's shake on it." Atif and Asad shook hands. The word spread fast about Atif and Asad's Basket Ball match. The principal called Asad and asked him about it. He said that it was nothing just preparing the boy for a trial for the basket ball team. Humaira and Zoya both came to know about the match. Zoya dragged Atif to the corridor. "Atif are you crazy challenging Professor Khan for a BB match? He is an ace at BB. You will lose." "No ways Zoya. It is his time to lose not mine." She tried to make him understand but he just did not listen to him. He only took a promise that she would cheer for him and not Professor Khan. This time she had to chose a side and not like the prank time when she had helped him out.

As they had deicided before Asad and Atif met on the Basket Ball court for their match. There was a large audience gathered to see the match. Atif and Asad decided to make it an 11 point game. They shook hands and began playing. Asad was an ace at basket ball and he was proving it once again. Atif was having a hard time keeping up with Asad. The fan groups were cheering for their own player. Most of the girls and guys who now knew that Asad was in the college only to teach and not steal girls from them were cheering for him. The other members of TEAZE other than Atif were obviously cheering for him. Zoya as promised cheered for her best friend but the others were cheering for Humaira's protector. Asad was concentrating on winning and had blocked of all the voices. The only voice in his head was his own which was telling him to win the match to teach Atif a lesson and clear the misunderstanding. Asad had decided that after he would beat Atif at the BB match he would sit Atif down and talk to him about Humaira clearing all misunderstandings. After much try Atif had points equal to Asads. 5 all was the score. Asad was dribbling the ball and he had this point. Humaira was not at the court but she was looking from far away. She wanted Asad's truth to win against Atif's stupidity. Asad was dribbling the ball and for a second he looked at the bleachers. He saw Zoya sitting with the rest of her friends and cheering for Atif. He saw her pray for his victory. Atif sneaked from behind and took the ball and score the basket. Asad lost the match and Atif won. His male friends came forward and raised him on their shoulders. They took a round of the basket ball court. Asad smiled.

Everyone began to leave. Zoya and the rest of her friends were also leaving. Atif told them to go ahead as he needed just a second with Professor Khan. Asad smiled as he saw Atif approach. He was sure Atif would gloat. He won the BB match but Asad had won something priceless. He award was Zoya's smile even if it was at the cost of his loss. Atif stood in front of Asad with a smug smile. "So Mr. Ace, how does it feel to lose?" "Not bad because Atif losing does not make me a loser. I know you wanted to beat me at basket ball and insult me by doing so but I had only one aim and that was to clear your misunderstanding about Humaira and myself. Atif I could never think of Humaira in the way you think I see her. I will not stop seeing her or talking to her or helping or be by her side when she needs me. I will be there for her forever. You wanted to defeat me you did so. I know the one who loses has no rights to ask the winner for anything but I want you to promise me that no one will ever know the real reason behind this match. Mere liye nahi do it for Humaira. You wanted to protect her right? Then protect her in this way. Please don't say anything about what you thought about us and our relationship. Please don't insult her that way. I know her she will never forgive you if she comes to know about this. Please." Asad left when Atif promised that he would never speak of it. Atif stood there smiling as he won and Asad lost. He had showed Asad his place and he was sure that now Humaira would also see Asad for who he is, a loser and will never go to him for help.

"Phattack." The peace and quiet of the basket ball court was broken with this sound echoing. Atif stood there with his palm on his left cheek. He could not believe that he had been slapped by his friend's younger sister. He looked at her in shock and she had tears in her eyes. "How dare you Atif? How could you even think that Professor Khan was taking advantage of a girl? Atif you don't know anything about him and you certainly don't know what he means to me. Atif you think you were protecting me. You think you can save me from Professor Khan. Well let me make one thing clear that I do not need to be protected from him neither do I need a savior. No harm can come to me with Professor Khan by my side. You wanted to teach him a lesson. You wanted to put him down so you thought to compete with him in the basketball something he is an ace at. You thought if you would defeat him in something he is the best then you would humiliate him. You think you have achieved what you wanted. You think you have defeated and humiliated Professor Khan. FYKI Asad Ahmed Khan can't be defeated at anything ever until and unless he chooses to be defeated. You did not defeat him Atif he chose that defeat for him and you will never understand why. I thought you were like him not just the initials of your name AAK but also in person you had the same qualities but I forgot that there can be only one AAK and that is Asad Ahmed Khan. You can never even match up to his shadow. I am ashamed of myself that I ... Forget it you are not worth it." Humaira left and Atif stood alone in the basket ball court with her words echoing in his head.

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

Chapter 13 a) 

After the BB match Humiara had blasted Atif on knowing the reason behind the BB match and also of his opinion and assumptions about Asad. Zoya heard everything Humaria said to Atif. She was very proud of Humaira as she spoke on behalf of Asad which she was sure he would have not. Asad would never have told Atif another reason why he can never think about Humaira the way Atif had misunderstood and that was his marriage to Zoya. She did not want anyone to know about their relationship so he would never tell anyone without her permission even if it came to putting his reputation on the line. Zoya did not come in front of Humaira. She did not want sister trouble because of her friendship with Atif. Humaira left after blasting Atif and he stood there staring in her direction. Zoya looked at Atif and a smile came to her lips. He was still in shock and his hand was on his left cheek. "Atif, are you ok?" Zoya asked on approaching him. "She slapped me. She slapped me for him." Atif said the same thing a couple of more times as he was still in shock after being slapped by Humaira. Zoya shook her head as he still did not get why he was slapped. She made him sit and took seat next to him. "Yes Atif, she slapped you. I have never seen her, this angry but she did not slap you for him. She slapped you for the purity of their relationship." Atif looked at Zoya and then lowered his eyes as he knew she came to know everything he had been trying to keep from him.

"Atif don't lower your eyes. You made a mistake but your heart was in the right place. All you were trying to do is help my sister. But Atif..." Zoya took a pause to make sure that Atif heard her with a clear mind. He needed to come out of the shock of being slapped for the first time. Atif looked at her. "Atif if you thought ki Humaira is in sometrouble you should have come to me first. I am her older sister and I have the right to know. If you would have come to me ye sab itna aage nahi badhta..." Atif turned to face Zoya. He wanted to know... He needed clarifications. "Atif what you thought of Asad was wrong and that you know now but you don't know why... You know Najma Ahmed Khan right?" "Hmm." "She is Asad's younger sister and you know what Humaira too is like a younger sister to Asad. Like a younger sister nahi she is his younger sister actually she is more of his baccha than a sister. With Asad in Humaira's life no harm can come to her wo kya use harm karenge. Now do you understand why Humaira slapped you and all that she told you about Asad? Atif all this would have not gone the way it did if you knew the reality of Asad, Humaira and my relationship. Haan Atif Asad, Humaira and I have grown up in the same house. We are not just family friends we are a family. Asad and I..." Zoya wanted to say that she was Asad's wife but she could not say that to Atif.

Atif looked at Zoya in shock. He was so wrong about Asad. He felt ashamed as he had stooped so low in his attempts of his Protect Humaira Mission'. His intentions were not wrong but he was. A misunderstanding made him do all the things he would never do. He wished if only he had tried to know the reality instead of having believed in his version of reality. Atif looked down and went through in his mind all he had done. He had hurt Humaira and he had to now apologize. He had to make things right. He also had to apologize to Asad. "Zoya I am sorry I..." She smiled at him and saw that he has understood and now he would make things right. She said good bye to him and left from the BB court. Atif sat there and decided to make things right with Asad and Humaira both.

Like everyday since they had begun their singing practice Asad was to bring Humaira home. He was waiting by his car after freshening up. He had made sure that Humaira would not come to know of anything that went on between him and Atif but unknown to him she came to know of it. When Humaira approached the vehicle he saw that she was sad he thought that it was because he lost the match. She did not say a word and got in the vehicle. Asad could not see her sad face so he decided to bring a smile to it. "Humaira, baccha its ok it was just a BB match that I lost to Atif koi zindagi ki match toh nahi thi. Don't be sad chalo I will take you to your favorite ice cream shop." He expected to see a smile on her face but she shook her head in a no. "Asad bhai I don't want to eat anything." Before Asad could think of someplace else to take her Humaira asked him to take her home. Asad did not want to go against her wish so he drove towards SK mansion.

On reaching home Humaira got off the vehicle and walked away without saying good bye. She did not want Asad to look into her eyes else he would come to know the truth behind her sadness and she did not want them to have an awkward moment because of that idiot Atif. Raiza and Dilshad saw her in a sad mood and followed her to ask what was troubling her. They had asked her so many times but she did not say a word. Humaira was in her room crying her heart out. She had fallen in love with the wrong person. He was not what she had thought him to be. She now hated him for what he thought of her Asad bhai. Her heart was aching. She had not spoken to anyone. Asad knew that Humaira needed space but he also knew that he was the only one who could take care of her then. He decided to stay with her for as long as she needed him to.

"Asad Allah ka shukar hai you are here!" Razia rushed to Asad as soon as they saw him approach Humiara's room. "Asad did anything happen at the college? Humaiara ke saath something... Please tell me mera dil baitha ja raha hai and that girl she is not saying a word and she has not eaten anything. She is not herself. Koi tension ki baat toh nahi?" Asad put his hands on Razia's shoulders and tried to calm her down. "Razia ammi nothing has happened. Everything is OK and if it is not I am here to make everything OK. Why fear when Asad is here?" After calming down Razia and Dilshad Asad thought it was time to speak with Humaira. He had given her enough time to cool down. He left from there, returned after sometime and then knocked on her door. "Ammi, chachi I don't want to eat anything and I don't want to talk with anyone." Humaira yelled form inside the room as she felt suffocated with Razia and Dislhad hovering over her. "Baccha it's me open the door." Humaira opened the door for Asad. Razia and Dilshad were now tension free as Asad could get Humaira talking and back to normal. Humiara sat on the bed and Asad sat facing her. "How could he Asad bhai? How could he think of all those things about you? How could I... How could I have been so wrong? How did I fall in love with a person who is so wrong?" "Oh so you know?" "Oh course I know! I will never forget what he thought and did and neither will he forget what I did!" Humiara was super pissed at Atif.

Asad looked at her in shock. He too had never seen her angry. "What did you do?" "Bahut sunaya maine use and then I slapped him." "You did what?" Asad almost laughed out imagining his chotu sa baby slapping Atif. "Asad bhai don't laugh I should slap myself for being so wrong and for falling in love with the wrong person." Humaira began to cry as her first love was now forever to be incomplete. She could never give Atif a chance. Asad wiped her tears and cupped her face. "Do you really think he was wrong? Yes I know that what he thought was wrong and the way he handled things, that was wrong too but his intentions were not wrong. Baccha look at me. He was looking out for you. He was doing what I told the students to do that day after Priya's incident. Humaira you have always been protected so you don't know these things do happen in real life. There are some teachers who take advantage of naive young girls and do far more heinous crimes against students... Atif ne bas... He was looking out for you. Accha now you have set things straight na ab dekhna he will never think anything wrong about me. Chalo ab kuch kha lo." Asad put a glass of milkshake in front of her. "I don't want to eat anything. Mera mood nahi hai." "Humaira I am not asking you to eat anything. Ye milkshake pee lo and then let the ice cream melt that too will become a shake and then you can drink that too." Humiara took the glass from Asad's hand and did as he asked. She smiled at last as Asad promised to take her to the children's park and push the swing as high as she wanted.

"Hello!" Zoya saw Asad's name flash on her cell phone screen and picked it up on the first ring. Asad was surprised to hear the excitement in her voice as she always responed in a not so warm wy to his calls. "Zoya, wo Humaira is a bit sad as I lost the BB match. I am taking Humaira to the park for some time. I think I should spend some more time with her. Umm she might want me to take her out for dinner agar mood accha ho gaya toh. Do one thing you could come to the family home and have dinner here. Then when the two of come back I could tuck her in and then hum ghar chale jaayenge." Zoya quietly heard everything Asad said. She had a smile on her face. He was so caring not only for Humaira but for her too. Since he was not gonna be there why should she cook and eat dinner alone but she needed to be alone she wanted to be alone. "Hello! Zoya are you there?" "Yes Asad I am here. Umm I do not feel like eating. I have a lot of work to do so..." "Accha theek hai you want me to get something for you?" "Na I am fine." Asad disconnected the call but Zoya wished he hadn't done so.

Zoya was doing her homework but she could not concentrate her mond wandered off every now and then and thought only of Asad. She kept on thinking about the reason Asad lost the match. She finally shut her books and made a cup of coffee. "Asad is too good to be beated by Atif and because of the things Atif minsunderstood Asad should have fought him and won for Humaira's honor. Why and how did he lose the match?" Zoya looked towards Asad's room. She walked right in. When she entered the room she saw her photo on the bedside table. She picked it up. "Hmm meri photo idhar? How come afterall I am not his favorite then what is my picture doing on the side Asad's sleeps?" She thought of asking him about it but then canceled that thought. "Let it go Zoya, he is not gpoing to give you a straight answer and then to hide things from you he will put the picture away saying he has nightmares because my photo is the last thing he sees before going to sleep and also his days go bad as he sees my photo first thing in the morning whn he wakes up."

She was going back to her room but screamed on seeing something on Asad's study table. She thought that her sceam would scare it but it was laying there lifeless! She slowly approached the study table and examined the creature there. "WTH ye toh nakli hai." She could not believe the nerve of that man to scare her into gving up her room. After the initial annoyance she smiled and played with the lizard. "Asad bhi na why could he not just tell me to take that room." She looked in the mirror and omagined one of those scenes like they show in TV serials. There was another Zoya in the mirror with her hands on her waist. "Zoya! If he would have asked you sharafat se would you have exchanged the rooms? No na so don't you dare say anything about my husband." Zoya blushed as she herself without any pressure or for any fake drama called Asad her husband. She looked at his picture and smiled. "Asad I know why you wantedme to take that room not because it was small and you wanted the bigger room but because of the view of my favorite flowers. Kaash I could tell you that I am so proud of you for helping Humaira in improving her singing and also boosting her confidence. Above all I am proud of you for standing up for Humaira. Aap itne acche kyun hain Asad?"

She went back to her room and continued trying to do her homework but her mind kept going back to the BB match. She closed her eyes and played the entire match in her head but there was nothing but then she reminded it a bit and remembered that one moment where Asad had looked at her. She was cheering for Atif and had also said a prayer for him to win. Zoya opened her eyes and remembered her smile when Atif won in that moment she realized that Asad lost the match for her. She placed a hand on her heart and tears formed in her eyes. "Asad lost the match for me for my smile because I wanted Atif to win... Asad hates to lose but he lost for me... Asad did that for me? Why? Why would he do that for me?" She could not study anymore. She wanted answers and could not wait for Asad to come home but he had earlier messaged her that he was going to be late coming home than he had anticipated. She opened her study table drawer and looked at the lizard. "Hmm if Asad's childhood things are here so will mine be." She got up and went to the store room.

She looked around and everthing was neatly placed. On one side were Asad's things on the other hers and in the middle were things which were theirs. Zoya went to her side and saw a small sized doll house made out of shoe boxes. Asad had made it for her when she was 5 years old. She had loved it when he had given it to her. It was the last thing he gave her before been sent to the hostel. Zoya remembered everything very clearly. She remembered Asad having a fractured hand once and had taken her to the park beacsue she wanted to. He had pushed the swing for her for as long as she wanted not once thingking about his pain. He had given her everything that she wanted. If it was not in his capacity she would cry and he would go out of his way to give her what she wanted and what had she given him? Zoya wiped her moist eyes as she remembered how because of her he was sent away sent away from her.

She sat down with a photo album and every picture in which Asad was happy brought a smile to her face. The pictures in which she was sad she saw that Asad was sad too. There were some memories in the form of photos when she was smiling but Asad was sad she knew it it was because some trouble she had gotten him in. Her favorite moments then used to be the times Asad was scolded because he used to trouble her in small things but he always stood by her when she needed him and he also stood up for her. In one picture Asad was giving a grossed out look because Zoya, Najma, Humaira and their friends was getting Zoya's bride doll married to his superman idol. She flipped a page and saw a cute photo. Asad always held her hand when he took her out of the home. In that one picture his hands were both holding something. Zoya remembered that before leaving from the shop Asad had taken her pinkie and hooked it in the loop of his jeans. "Zoya, no matter what don't let go of me." He had instructed her. Zoya caressed Asad's face in the picture. "Now that I have realized that there is something between us and you mean to me something special, I will never let go of you Asad." Zoya placed everything in its place and came to her room.

She came to her room and sat looking at her and Asad's wedding picture. She heard the main door open and shut. She came out of her room and looked at Asad with something new inside of her. Asad looked at her and did not understand her emotions. She was crying and smiling at the same time and was looking at him in a weird way. "Zoya are you ok? Why are you behaving like this? Kuch hua hai kya?" Zoya smiled at him. "Kuch toh hua hai par pata nahi kya." Asad closed his eyes. After the day he had had he did not have the energy to deal with Zoya's weirdness. "Whatever! Here I have got dinner for us. Umm plate it main aata hoon." Asad gave her a hotel parcel and went to his room to freshen up and change before dinner. Zoya stood there looking at the door of Asad's room. He had not eaten his dinner with Humaira. How did he know that she ahd not eaten and secretly wished for them to have dinner together? She was the same at dinner. She was taking care of Asad and smiling at him. It was too much for him. He put his spoon down. "Zoya what's going on? Batao mujhe."

She rested her hand on the table and her chin on her hand. She smiled at him. "What should I tell you? Batana toh aapko hai." "I have nothing to say." Asad gave a weird expression. She smiled even more. "Nahi batana toh hai kuch aapko." "Kya?" "Kya nahi kyun?" "What kyun? Zoya what's going on?" "Yehi toh you have to tell me Asad. What's going on? Why did you lose the BB match? You shouldn't have lost ab aap itna kharab bhi nahi khelte." "Zoya it was a match I lost it what's the big deal?" "The big deal is that you lost the match for me. I know it you lost if for me. Why did you lose the match for me?" "Zoya I did not lose the match for you. Tumhara dimaag kharab ho gaya hai to even think that I would lose a match for you." Asad left and Zoya sat there smiling. "I know you lost the match for me and I can priove it. Bas now I need to know why?" She was going to her room and saw her reflection in the mirror. "Zoya Asad lost the match for you so something is going on with him. But what's going on with you? Why is something something happening inside you? And wo bhi the something something is happening for Asad!" That night Zoya dreamt of the song "Kuch toh hua hai" and it featured Asad and her.

Asad woke up bright and early even if it was a Sunday morning. He dressed to go for his morning jog. As soon as he stepped out of the main gate he saw Atif waiting for him outside the main gate of AsYa Villa. Asad was shocked to see him there. Then his expressions changed. Atif saw Asad's expressions. "I am sorry sir." Asad crossed his hands and gave a stern look to Atif. "You should not do things for which you have to apologize later." He took the cigarette from Atif's hand and put it out. Asad just prayed that Zoya did not wake up and come out of the house for any reason. He could not let Atif know about Zoya and his relationship. He was her friend and she should tell him when she was ready. "Atif, what are you doing here?" Atif looked like he had not slept the whole night. He was having difficulty in choosing the right words. He looked at Asad and then at Humaira's bedroom window. Just at that moment Humiara opened the curtains and saw Asad with Atif. They were standing far away from her but both could notice the hurt and anger on her face. Asad waved at Humaira and she waved back at him but when Atif raised his hand to wave at ther she shut the curtains. Asad felt sorry for Atif. "Come on lets go for a walk." Asad was taking Atif away from AsYa Villa to protect Zoya's secret. "I am sorry sir. I am sorry for everthing. I am sorry for misunderstanding your intentions and misjudging you and your relationship with Humaira. I am sorry for everything I have said and done. Zoya told me everything about you and her." Asad had not expected Zoya to tell anyone about their marriage not until she graduated. "Oh so she told you everything about her and me that..." "That you are not just family friends you are family and how you are an older brother to Humaira and everything..." Asad understood that Atif did not know about Zoya being his wife. "Atif I will not say that it is ok because it is far from being ok but I accept your apology. I hope you understand that more than hurting me you have caused pain to Humaira. She is the one you should apologize to. If she forgives you, you will have my forgiveness too but uss se maafi mango tab tak jab tak wo maaf nahi kar deti." Atif nodded his head. Asad looked at him. He could not help but wonder why did Zoya not tell Atif about her being Asad's wife when she had a golden opportunity to do so.

Atif saw Asad lost in thought so he cleared his throat and Asad came out of his thoughts. "Yes?" Atif removed an envelope from his pocket and gave it to Asad. "What is this?" "I know that I have caused hurt to you and to Humaira but I also have damaged your property so I would like to take responsibility for it and pay you back for the damages." Asad took the envelope and saw the amount in it. He looked at Atif. "You do know that I drive a Black Toyota Landcruiser V8 SUV which has imported tyres. You did not just puncture them you slashed them. I had to replace them and the full view window you broke that was a Saint Gobain' glass. Do you know how much these things cost?" Atif shook his head in a no. "I knew it because you are still living on your father's money." Atif made a sad face. "This is my entire month's pocket money sir. Is it not enough?" Asad felt like laughing but controlled himself. "This is the first installment. You will have to pay 9 more." Atif looked at him in disbelief.

Asad continued to give more shocks to Atif. "What did you think I would not take the money? Atif this is how I teach you life lessons." Atif looked at Asad put the envelope in the pocket of his track pants. Asad felt sorry for him. "Accha do one thing don't give me the pocket money waise bhi I do not want your father's money. You caused the damage so you should pay for it and not him." "But then how will I get you the money?" "There is an opening for the librarian's assistant at the college. I will put in a word for you. I want to you work there and pay me." Atif looked at him in shock. "Sir, how can I work at the library? My image?" "Ok then I can do one thing I can go to the cops and give them the evidence of the crime you committed. Your finger prints are on the note and the stone which you threw through my window. Also your handwriting will match and the CCTV of my home may not have caught you slashing the tyres but the one on the road caught your bikes license plate number. So..." Atif was really scared of Asad now. "When do I have to start sir?" He asked in a trembling voice. "From tomorrow." "OK." Atif left and Asad stood there smiling. "If you are not worthy of Humaira I will make you worthy of her. I will make you the man she wants to be in love with. Main tumnhe nalayak se layak banakar rahooga."

Asad returned home and saw Zoya setting the breakfast table. She was smiling and humming Kuch toh hua hai' lyrics. She looked up and saw him. "Asad you are back. Chaliye freshen up and come for breakfast." Asad went to his room still confused about Zoya's behavior. They were having their breakfast. "Zoya." "Hmm." "I met Atif at the main gate." Zoya choked on the piece of toast in her mouth. Asad pat her back and gave her a glass of water. "Don't worry, he was here to apologize for his behavior and he told me that you spoke with him about our family relations. He still does not know that we are married." Asad stressed on the word still. Zoya bit her lip as she realized that Asad knows that she did not tell Atif about her marriage when she had the golden chance to do so. She too did not understand why she did not tell him. "Asad I know I should have told him about us and it would be very easy for us but we had decided till after I graduate so..." "Zoya I did not ask for an explanation and you don't need to give me one for anything ever." Zoya smiled at him. "Accha ammi called we have to go home for lunch. Pata nahi they said koi surprise hai for us." Asad pinched the bridge of his nose. "Asad kya hua?" "Zoya koi surprise nahi hoga I am so sure it wil be another shock for us." "Tch Asad." "Dekh kena." "Ok dekh lenge." Asad and Zoya continued with their cute tu tu main main. They went to the family home for lunch and Asad was right once again. There was no surprise bas a shock waiting for them. Everyone was smiling, to Asad's surprise this time even Zoya was smiling and he was the only one with a sad face. Zoya got up from her seat and hugged Noor and Sabreen. She also pulled their cheeks and gave them a peck. "Dadis meri pyari dadis." She then looked at Asad. "Accha Asad lets leave humein bahut preparations karni hai after all Dadis are coming home to stay with us."  

Zoya dragged Asad all the way home. She was too excited for the dadis homecoming. Asad just could not understand her excitement as things would get difficult for them. Zoya was in her room removing her clothes from the cupboard and giving them to Asad. He sat there on the bed slowing being buried under the pile of clothes. Zoya looked at him. "Asad what are you doing here? Jaldi go and put these clothes in my cupboards in our room. We have a lot to shift." Asad placed the clothes on the bed and stood up. "Why are you excited that dadis coming? Also why are you shifting your stuff in my room?" Zoya put her hands on her waist and gave Asad a look. "Asad, of course I have to shift my stuff in our room. We are husband and wife so we have to share a room. One more thing if I stay here and you will be there toh how will we accommodate dadis? Accha ab batein kam kaam zyaada." Asad was still not ready to help her shift her things. She knew she had to get him excited about dadis coming howm without him knowing of her ulterior motive. She sat on the bed and made him sit next to her. "Asad see if dadis come to live here thinks about all the good food you will get to eat. I know only to make 5 things and we eat the same things every week. Yaad hai the head massages Noor dadi used to give you and Sabreen dadi's stories. I am sure they will tell you many stories about me during the time you were at the hostel and in London. I am sure they wil tell you stories especially the ones I would not want you to know. Then you can have so much data on me to tease me. Asad think about all the positive things and all the good that will come out of their visit." Zoya made Asad think about all the incentives he would get with dadis being there. He had the little kid in a candy store look on his face. Zoya smiled as she knew she had Asad right where she wanted him. He was on board. Asad and Zoya shifted her things in their room. They also set the guest room as per dadis' taste. In the evening Asad went to poick up Noor and Sabreen.

Asad and Zoya helped Noor and Sabreen settle in their home for... Well they could not ask dadis to leave until they wanted to so so Asad and Zoya were not so sure for how long dadis were visiting. Asad could not stop smiling when he saw the dinner table. There were so many of his favorites that dadis had helped Zoya cook. He did not know that they did so, on her insistence. Zoya wanted to do something nah she wanted to do everything special for him now that she had realized that he lost the match for her. She only needed to know why he did so. He had touched that spot in her heart which was reserved for her dream man her Mr. Khan. She had now been seeing him in that spot. Dinner was a hit and Asad was a happy man. Asad wished both dadis good night and came to his room with a book in hand. He was reading the book when he entered the room and for a split second he looked up. The book dropped from his hands. He was gawking at Zoya. She liked it. She walked up to him in a subtle sexy way and stood really close to him. "Kyun kya hua Asad? Kuch hua kya? Why can't you take your eyes off of me?" Asad gulped the juices forming in his throat. "Kya hua? What the hell are you wearing? BTW kuch nahi hua and about not being able to take my eyes off of you aise namooni bankar mere saamne aaogi toh what else will I do other than gawk at you? I repeat what the hell are you wearing?" Zoya looked at herself, smiled sweet sexily and then twirled giving Asad a view of her from 360 degrees. "Asad this is my night wear." She was brushing her hair and Asad stood facing away from her. "You wear THIS at night?" "Yes Asad I wear this at night. Wo kya hai na I only have this and similar to this type of nightwear. Najma and Humaira bought these for me for me to wear post marriage." Zoya said as if she had no other option.

Asad could hear the bechargi in her voice which she wanted him to hear. Asad felt sorry for her. "Zoya don't you have anything from before the wedding?" He silently prayed that she had something other than what she was wearing. Zoya knew that she was having an effect on Asad and she liked it but she had to play along. "Yes Asad I do." Asad felt relief. "Ok then go and wear that." Zoya looked at him. "Are you sure? You will not make fun of me?" "I promise I will not make fun of you." After sometime Zoya came out of the washroom and Asad once more looked at her with his eyes popping out of their sockets. "What the hell are you wearing?"  "Asad I am wearing my night suit. It is nice na?" Asad stared at Zoya as she walked past him and went to sleep on her side of the bed. "Zoya what are you wearing and why?" Zoya huffed mockingly. "Asad you don't want me to wear the the kind of nightwear Najma and Humaira got for me and neither do you want me to wear the kind I used to wear before our nikaah toh main kya pehnoo? What do you want me to sleep in? Ab I have to wear something at least na aise hi toh nahi so sakti and ofcourse I can't wear jeans and tops or salwar kameez to bed. I would be so uncomfortable in them. You want me to feel uncomfortable?" Zoya teased Asad and he just wanted to argue more.

"Asad don't eat my head and go to sleep." "But..." "Go to sleep!" Asad was picking up his pillow and going out of the room. Zoya sat up. "Asad, where are you going?" "I am going to the hall. I'll sleep there." Zoya snatched his pillow. "Asad what if dadi comes out of the room for water or something else and sees you sleeping there? They will feel that there is something not right between us." Asad just stood there. Zoya realized that he did not want to share the bed because he had the idea that she did not want to share the bed. She had to keep him in the room close to her if she wanted to get closer to him. She smiled. "Accha do one thing sleep on the couch waise bhi in the hall too you would sleep oin the couch." On that night slept on the sofa. He could not take his eyes off of Zoya's night suit which had the print of telephones with names of boys and their phone numbers. Zoya knew that he was looking at her but she did not turn to face him. Zoya slept peacefully as she now knew that she did create some hulchul inside Asad and also that he would be jealous if Zoya gave or received attention from a male other than him. 

The next morning Zoya woke up before Asad. He was sleeping uncomfortably on the couch. Zoya kneeled next to him. 'Asad last night you slept on the couch but I will make sure ki aaj se you will share the bed with me. I will now make everything the way it should have been between us right form the start.'  She smiled as she was planning something. Asad continued to sleep unaware of the uthal puthal in his life Zoya and dadis would bring about.

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

Chapter 13 b

Noor and Sabreen had moved in with Asad and Zoya. Zoya now that she had begun to recognize her feelings for Asad wanted to make changes in their life. The first night that Noor and Sabreen moved in, Asad slept on the couch in their room which Zoya wanted to change from this night forth. She had a plan to get him on the bed but she needed dadis' help for it. Zoya was in the kitchen making the morning beverages. She began thinking about putting her plan into action but was in two minds about it. "What should I do? Am I doing the right thing by involving dadis? I will have to do it because my plan will not work without involving dadis but if I involve them they will come to know the truth and it will hurt them." The tea had come to a boil. Zoya was going to pick up the glass carafe containing milk when she saw it turn into an Angel Zoya'. Zoya rubbed her eyes but the Angel Zoya sat there on the kitchen counter giving her an angelic smile. She then spoke, "You are absolutely right Zoya, you plan is not good it will hurt dadis and it is not good to hurt dadis." "Oh! What do you know?" Zoya heard another voice and looked around. There was she the Devil Zoya'. The hot sauce bottle had turned into Devil Zoya! "Zoya she is crazy, listen to me you should carry out your plan. I know dadis will be hurt now but think of the bigger picture, the end result. When everything works out between you and Asasd who will be the most happiest? Yes right both you and that whitey guessed it right, Dadis! Do it Zoya it is for the greater good." "Oh yeah look who's talking about good now that's great." The angel and devil Zoya continued to bicker. "Bas!" screamed Zoya and the two of them vanished.

"Zoya what happened? Why did you scream bas?" Zoya turned around and there she saw Noor and Sabreen. "Dadis, when did the two of you come?" "When did we come where, in the world, in your home or in the kitchen?" Sabreen asked. "Sabbo don't tease my grand daughter. Of course she is asking when we came in the kitchen as she did not notice us. Did you not see she was lost in her thoughts? Waise beta why did you scream bas? Was my grand son in law..." Noor teased her. "Dadi!!!" Zoya was embarrassed by the teasing. "I screamed bus B U S because there is a bus strike. I was just thinking now how would I go to the college." Noor and Sabreen looked at each other. "Arre what's the big deal in it Asad hai na he will take you. Accha Zoya why do you travel by bus? Asad should take you with him and you can come back with him. I will tell him from today the two of saath jaaoge saath aaoge." Sabreen said. "By the way where is he? Has he gone for his morning jog?" Noor looked at Zoya. "No dadi he is sleeping. Please do not go to our room to wake im up. Wo kya hai na I turned off the alarm. He slept so late at night and then early in the morning jog par jana then go to college he just does not get rest so please do not go to out room to wake him up..." Zoya served them tea and went to call the maid.

Sabreen was lost in thought. "Sabbo kya hua?" "Noor did you notice something about Zoya. "Kya?" "The way she stressed and told us not to go to their room to wake up Asad." "Tch haan toh she said na she does not want to wake him up." "No Noor daal mein kuch kala hai. I know she was worried but not much for Asad's sleep there was something else in her voice. She seemed scared and I think she wants to hide something from us." "Sabbo are you sure you are not making a mountain out of a mole?" "Come let's go see in their room." "Are you crazy? They are our grand children wo bhi shadi shuda and you want to sneak a peek into their room." "Noor I am not crazy. I would not look in if they were both there. Zoya is outside. Chalo!" Sabreen did not listen to Noor and so Noor had to go with her. They opened the door a bit and looked inside. They saw Asad's pillow and blanket on the couch. They came and joined Zoya at the dining table.

Zoya smiled triumphantly as she sipped her coffee knowing that she had played her cards right and dadis had come to know that Asad slept on the couch. She also knew that now she would not have to do anything as Detective Dadis would have by now decided to find out more. Dadis would think that they were having marital problems so Asad slept on the couch. They would do everything in their power to make things right between the couple they made happen. Zoya was sure that night onwards Asad would share the bed with her. She smiled and was thinking about Asad. While thinking of him she looked towards their room just then Asad came out of the room and glared at her. "Zoya did you turn off the alarm?" He did not wait for Zoya to reply and went for his jog. Noor and Sabreen both did not like his behavior with Zoya. Zoya was making breakfast with dadis help. They asked her some questions but she did not give a straight answer. At the breakfast table dadis saw Zoya's efforts to be a good wife but Asad just would not let her succeed. They got ready and left for college. There too dadis had to tell Asad to take Zoya with him as there was a bus strike. After Asad and Zoya went to the college Noor and Sabreen began to find clues which would tell them the story behind Asad and Zoya's relationship.

At the college Zoya's dil was dancing all day long because she knew that her plan had worked. She could not stop dreaming about her and Asad. Lost in her dream world Zoya banged into Priya in the corridor. Priya was first to beg pardon. Zoya smiled at her. "Are you ok, Zoya?" Priya asked. "Yeah I am. Are you?" Zoya wanted to be good to Priya because she needed someone to be good to her. She saw that Priya's mean girl days were behind her. She was back to being her real geek self whom she hid from everyone as she was troubled in her previous school and college days for being a geek. She had a pretty face that she hid under the make up and the mean girl attitude. "Yes I am. Thank you for asking." Zoya and Priya went their own way one to the canteen and the other to the library. Zoya went to the TEAZE table in the canteen. Atif could not meet eyes with her and others too were feeling bad as now they all knew the truth about Asad and Humaira. Zoya told them to relax. Atif told them about his after college job as the librarian's assistant. They all would have laughed at him if Asad had not been their professor. He in very less time had made a huge change in the lives of the students. Zoya was once again lost in Asad's thought. In her thought she was patting him on the back for the good work he had done with Atif.

After college Asad, Zoya and Najma left for home. It was Monday and every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Humaira stayed back after college to study in the library. Humaira entered the library and saw Atif helping a student. Their eyes met briefly but Humaira looked away. Atif knew he had a long way to go. Humaira was trying to get a book but she could not reach it. She felt someone behind her. A tall person extended the hand and removed a book from the shelf. She turned and it was Atif. "I don't want the book." She was leaving when Atif stopped her. "I know. This is not the one you were reaching for." She turned and gave him an angry look but her anger diminished when he saw Atif bringing a step ladder for her to get the book. "I know Humaira that I have hurt you and I will not be forgiven easily and I do not want to be forgiven easily. I have apologized to Asad sir and now I will work my way to get your forgiveness. I will try everyday and I will not regret even if I die trying..." "Allah na kare!" Humaira put her hand on his mouth to stop him saying from anything else. Atif and Humaira's eyes once again met. Her hand was slowly slipping away from his mouth but he held it when it reached near his heart. Humaira freed her hand and walked away. She turned back and looked at Atif. He was still standing there looking at her. She walked away with a smile playing on her lips.The entire time she was in the library his eyes was fixed on her and only one song played in his heart.

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare
Idhar nahi
Udhar nahi
Teri Ore Chale ...

Idhar nahi
Udhar nahi
Teri Ore Chale

Zara der main
Yeh kya ho gaya
Nazar milte hi
Kahan kho gaya

Zara der main
Yeh kya ho gaya
Nazar milte hi
Kahan kho gaya

Bheed mein logo ki woh hain wahan
Aur pyaar ki mele mein akela Kitna hoon mein yahan

Idhar nahi
Udhar nahi
Teri ore chale

Shuru ho gai kahani meri
Mere dil ne baat na mani meri

Shuru ho gai kahani meri
Mere dil ne baat na mani meri

Had se bhi aaghe yeh guzar hi gaya
Khud bhi pareshan hua
Aur mujhko bhi yeh kar gaya

Idhar nahi
Udhar nahi
Teri ore chale

Asad came home after dropping off Najma the the family home. Thud!' He heard when he put his bag on the couch. He looked at his bag which had fallen on the floor where the couch was supposed to be. He saw a second study table in the room a little far from where his bag lay now. "Zoya!" he came out of the room. "Haan Asad." "Why did you remove the couch from our room?" "I did not. It was not there when I came home." Zoya did not like it that Asad assumed she removed the couch. "We had it removed." Noor and Sabreen told Asad. "Why did you remove it? How will I s..." Asad was about to say sleep but he could not. "Dadi how will I see TV? I sit on the couch to see TV." "Asad to can watch TV sitting on the bed but Zoya can't study on the bed. You know na use neend aa jaati hai when she studies on the bed and and there is only your study table in the room." Noor gave a valid reason for removing the couch. "Dadi she could have used mine. I don't tell her not too." "Zoya should use your study table and might I ask where will you do your work? Even if the two of you decide to use the study table at the same time I am sure neither of you will get your work done. So the other study table is required." Sabreen looked at Asad. "Fine!" Asad went to the room. Zoya smiled and did a happy dance in her mind. Noor and Sabreen too smiled as now they knew that Asad and Zoya would sleep together on the bed.

Asad, Zoya, Noor and Sabreen had dinner and spent some time talking after dinner. They wanted to know aboiut Asad and Zoya's life post marriage but they had very little to tell. The four said good night and came to their rooms. Zoya saw Asad pick up his pillow and blanket. "Asad, where are you going?" "I am going out in the hall to sleep on the couch." "Asad what if dadi sees you there?" "I know it's a risk but it's one I have to take." "Asad you do not need to go outside this room to sleep." "Oh yeah then where do you suggest I sleep on the floor?" "Asad stop acting like a child. We can share the bed." Asad and Zoya slept on their sides facing away from each other. In the morning when Asad opened his eyes he saw the most beautiful face in his entire world resting peacefully on his chest. He smiled on seeing her. He did not want to wake her up so he lay there admiring her.

Tujhe dekh dekh sona tujhe dekh dekh sona

Tujhe dekh kar hain jagna

Maine yeh zindagani sang tere bitaani

Tujhme basi hain meri jaan haai

Jiya dhadak dhadak jiya dhadak dhadak

Jiya dhadak dhadak jaayen

Tujhe dekh dekh sona tujhe dekh kar hain jagna

Maine yeh zindagani sang tere bitaani

Kabse hai dil me mere armaan kai ankahe

Kabse hai dil me mere armaan kai ankahe

Inko tu sunle aaja chaahat ke rang chadha jaa

Inko tu sunle aaja chaahat ke rang chadha jaa

Kehna kabhi to mera maan haai

Lagta hain yeh kyu mujhe sadiyon se chaahu tujhe

Lagta hain yeh kyu mujhe sadiyon se chaahu tujhe

Mere sapno me aake apna mujhko banake

Mere sapno me aake apna mujhko banake

Mujhpe tu kar ehsaan haai

Tujhe dekh dekh sona tujhe dekh kar hain jagna

Maine yeh zindagani sang tere bitani

Dhadak jaaye jiya dhadak jaaye jaaye

Dhadak dhadak dhadak jaaye

"Zoya wake up." Asad caressed her hair. "Mm nahi na 5 more minutes." He smiled at her 5 minutes sone do na habit. She had it from childhood and the 5 minutes could easily turn in 30 minutes. "OK theek hai you sleep for 5 more minutes but let me get up." "No." "Why?" "Accha lag raha hai." Asad smiled as she spoke her heart in her sleep. He gently laid her down on the bed and got up. She hugged his pillow like she was hugging him when sleeping. Asad went for his jog. When he came back he saw that dadis were instructing Zoya about something. He did not think much of it until he saw his things laid out neatly in the bed. "Ye dadis bhi na what's the need to make Zoya do all of this?" After breakfast Asad was leaving for college but he saw that Zoya was not ready. "Zoya, are you feeling alright?" "Yeah." "Then why aren't you dressed for college? Are you not going to come to college?" Asad asked sadly. If her answer would be a no then he would not get to see her at college. "Asad Zoya is bunking her first lecture." Noor replied and Zoya's eyes popped liked headlights. "Oh now is it so?" "Umm Asad I did not want to bunk your lecture but wo kya hai na dadis need me at home. I promise to get the work from someone." "Ok." Zoya went out to say good bye to him. Asad thought this was one more instruction from dadis. "Zoya you do not need to do everything dadis ask you to. Why did you lay out my things and now you have some to say bye. Mat karo wo sab what you don't want to. Bye."

Noor and Sabreen saw Zoya's sad face when she came back inside the house. They thought that Asad's scolding was the reason behind it. Zoya went to her room to get ready. After the way Asad reacted when she did things for him and went to say good bye to him she felt like bunking the college all together. She was again in two minds about bunking college. Is she did bunk then she could spend time with Noor and Sabreen as she knew that they could help her out even without them knowing everything. On the other hand she would not get to see Asad for the time he was at the college and she was at home. She could not stay without seeing him. Zoya got ready and came to Noor and Sabreen's room. After spending some time with them Zoya went to the college and returned in the evening with Asad. Noor and Sabreen were happy to see them come home but they were not together like couples should be. They should have spent some time alone after college but they came straight home. The next couple of days they observed Asad and Zoya as a couple and their experienced eyes saw that they had some distance betwwen them.

Noor and Sabreen had been at Asad and Zoya's for 5 days now. The days and nights of Asad and Zoya had been the same. On the 6th night they called Zoya to the kitchen. "Dadi you called me." She saw Noor and Sabreen making milk and then they threw away a small packet. She was curious about it but did not ask anything. "Haan beta, here take this milk for Asad." "Dadi he does not like milk." Sabreen looked at Zoya. "Haan but he will like this milk. It is not plain milk it is masala milk special milk. Give it to him and you can also have a sip or two." Zoya smiled and took the milk. She went to the room and gave it to Asad. "Zoya I don't like milk." "I know Asad but ii is not plain milk it is masala milk. It has dry fruits, saffron and elaichi powder. I am sure you will like it. Drink one sip if you don't like it throw it away." Asad thought Zoya made it for him and so he took the glass and had a sip. "Zoya this is really tasty. I will have one glass of this milk every night and so you have to make it for me."

Zoya was very happy that Asad thought she made it and it tasted good but she did not want to take dadis' credit. "Asad I did not make it. Dadis made it. I will have to ask dadis how they made it because when they called me I saw them throw away a packet so I don't have the recipie but I will definitely learn from them." As soon as Asad heard that dadis made the milk and they threw away the packet in which the dry masala came he realized what that milk was for. Asad ran to the washroom and spat the milk out. "Kya hua? Has the milk curdled?" Zoya drank a sip and two. "Asad bhi na it is so tasty." "What are you doing pagal ladki?" Asad took the glass from her hand. "Asad there is nothing wrong with the milk it is so tasty. Dadi told you to have it and then told me to have some too." "Dadi ne bola and you got this glass here?" "Haan I am acchi bacchi." "O! Acchi bacchi this milk is to help us get into the mood to do what we need to do to make bacche! This is suhaag raat wala milk." Asad kept the glass away. Zoya was giggling like a crazy person on seeing Asad pareshan. "Asad relax kuch nahi hoga. This milk just gives the stamina needed it will not make us to want to do IT. Let's go to sleep." They went to sleep that night with pillows between them as it was Asad's condition if Zoya wanted him to sleep in the room on the bed with her.

The next morning Asad and Zoya both up early in the morning. Noor ands Sabreen saw that both their moods were bad. Once again they thought that Asad was the reason behind it. Zoya had only three lectures on Saturday so she came home early. She went to greet Noor and Sabreen but stopped at the door when she heard their voices. They were speaking about her and Asad. "Noor did you see Asad's behavior with Zoya? He just does not care about her." "Tch aisa nahi hai Sabbo. Maybe he does not like us being here. You know they are newly married and I had noticed Asad's reaction when we said we will be coming here to stay, he was not so thrilled to have us here." "No Noor it is something else. Is Zoya is happy with Asad?" "You are asking the wrong question dadi." They saw Zoya standing at the door. They tried to change the topic but Zoya asked them not to. "Sabbo dadi, how can you even think that Asad can't make me happy? It is I who can't make him happy." "Na mere chanda how can Asad not be happy with you?" Sabreen looked lovingly at Zoya. "It is true dadi. I am the one who can't make him happy. I don't know anything. I can't cook nor can I take care of the house. I just don't know anything." Zoya became emotional.

"It is your mother's fault kuch nahi sikahya tumhe!" Sabreen and Zoya both looked at Noor. "Noor seriously you are putting all the blame on Razia? Zoya beta so what if you can't cook or take care of the house! You are Asad's wife not his maid. He did not marry you so that you can take care of his house and cook for him and clean after him." Sabreen wiped Zoya's tears. "It is not only that dadi I don't even know how to take care of Asad or his needs. I do not even perform my wifely duties towards him." Noor and Sabreen looked at each other. They realized that Asad and Zoya had been hiding the truth from everyone. "Zoya what are you trying to tell us?" Noor asked. Zoya looked at the two of them. She decided that she should tell them everything if she wanted them to help her. She just could not find the right words. "Dadi Asad and I have not..." "Interlocked your fingers?" Noor and Sabreen asked when they saw Zoya interlock her fingers. "No not that." Zoya was irritated. "We have not..." "Fist bumped?" Zoya bumped her fists to tell them what she wanted. "Nahi ye bhi nahi." Zoya tried telling them about her and Asad not having sex but she could not find the right words. Every gesture she made was taken in its literal meaning.

She took a deep breath as she paced in the room. She then turned to Noor and Sabreen. "Dadis Asad and I have not done, I ...T..." "Haan you both have not done Information Technology." "DADIS!!! Asad have not done I... T... IT." "Oh! You mean IT IT?" Noor and Sabreen finally understood. "Yes Finally!" Zoya plopped on the bed. "I know it will hurt the two of you to know but I have to else how will you be able to help me? Dadis this was my room. I lived in this room and Asad lived in that room. We have not begun our married life as yet. I mean the situation in which we got married and all..." Noor and Sabreen looked at her. "Zoya were the two of you forced into his marriage. I know we wanted you to get married but..." "I hope we have not made the wrong decision." Noor and Sabreen were now worried to have done wrong to their grand children. "Dadis we kids do not understand sometimes but whatever our elders do for us it is for our own good and I have understood this now. I will not lie I was not ready to marry Asad but now I have realized that he is the best thing that has happened to me and you have given him to me. Dadi he is the most amazing person in the world. He takes care of me in every way. He has given me so much. I now know what he means to me. Those 3 magical words I want to say them to him first but I will tell you that he means everything to me. I want this to work. I know he feels for me but he hides them. We had the wedding dadis now I want us to have the the marriage. Will you help me? I mean I need lots of help." Noor and Sabreen hugged her and promised to help her but first they needed her to understand something.

Silver_Shiver thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Damn I have been waiting for this from so long!!
Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

There are more chapters to be uploaded ðŸ˜Š
shweta_yadav thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
M i dreaming ðŸ˜•
U r back.. hope to get end this time 
Going to read again..
So happy 
Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shweta_yadav

M i dreaming ðŸ˜•

U r back.. hope to get end this time 
Going to read again..
So happy 

Yes I am back and so sorry for leaving things unfinished

Silver_Shiver thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Chahat_A_Doshi

There are more chapters to be uploaded  😊

No.issues!!
I read the previous ones once again!!
Waiting for you to upload the rest of them!