Taapsee Pannu and Kriti Sanon stand up for their credits!

BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

In the ongoing debate of pay parity in Bollywood, the actresses raise a greater issue of credit parity.

Kriti Sanon and Taapsee Pannu.

Mumbai: In the ongoing debate of pay parity in Bollywood, actresses like Taapsee Pannu and Kriti Sanon raise a greater issue of credit parity.

Recently, Kriti Sanon delivered the box office shattering hit Luka Chuppi that won the actress wide appreciation. However, owing to the male dominated society, the credit of the film lied with only the male lead of the film.

Similarly, Taapsee Pannu and Amitabh Bachchan starrer Badla has been faring extremely well at the box office, yet again, the credit has been conferred to only the male lead.

The actresses have therefore voiced their opinion talking about the unfair system that gives credit to only the male leads despite having an equal if not more impactful role in the film.

Kriti Sanon
@kritisanon

@taapsee #ifeelyougirl ;)

... :) https://twitter.com/PeepingMoon/status/1106848001639833600 ...

Unless the industry offers equal credit, equal pay parity is unachievable. On the occasion of International women's day, Kriti Sanon was yet again supported by a female influencer who took a stand demanding for Kriti Sanon's credit in the film business.

Even after delivering the titular roles or the main protagonists in the film, the industry has been reluctant to give credit to the females.

However, the actresses are now voicing their opinion on their own by not only offering strong performances at the films but also holding the power to draw audience to the theatres.

Edited by BollyGlitz - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Tapse aur Kriti ki drawing power Dil Jungley aur BKB ke time hi Dikh gayi thi.😆
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Box office shattering? How much did Lukka Chuppi make? i hasn't crossed 100cr unless I am mistaken and box office shatter bhi hogaya? Tab tou GB, URI and Sanju se box office taar taar hogaya hoga😆
Considering that Mulk tanked and BKB made like 60cr or something while Kartik's last was 100cr movie, and AB is well AB, obviously the males would be credited more
Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

Tapse aur Kriti ki drawing power Dil Jungley aur BKB ke time hi Dikh gayi thi.😆

There's a movie called Dil Junglee?! .. 🤣... When did it release and how come no one know spoke of it? .. ðŸ˜²
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Dil Junglee?😆😆 Thats actually a movie?😆
Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

There's a movie called Dil Junglee?! .. 🤣... When did it release and how come no one know spoke of it? ..😲

it was a cute rom com with some beautiful songs especially the Bandai song.
Tapsee ji was the star of the movie.
Coming off the hugely successful Judwa 2.
Film phus huyi, kisi ko pata bhi nahi chala.
Aur inko chahiye credit parity. 😆

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

it was a cute rom com with some beautiful songs especially the Bandai song.
Tapsee ji was the star of the movie.
Coming off the hugely successful Judwa 2.
Film phus huyi, kisi ko pata bhi nahi chala.
Aur inko chahiye credit parity. 😆

Itni izzat ...  ðŸ¤£ ... [I like cute rom-coms .. it'll go under my watchlist]!
Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Box office shattering? How much did Lukka Chuppi make? i hasn't crossed 100cr unless I am mistaken and box office shatter bhi hogaya? Tab tou GB, URI and Sanju se box office taar taar hogaya hoga😆

Considering that Mulk tanked and BKB made like 60cr or something while Kartik's last was 100cr movie, and AB is well AB, obviously the males would be credited more

BKB just made 30 something in India.
Media hyped hit, not an actual hit.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

Itni izzat ...🤣... [I like cute rom-coms .. it'll go under my watchlist]!

I dunno you will like it or not.
I was fine with it.
Have you seen Luka Chupi?
it is hilarious at times, fun watch.
Kriti and Karthik were good, my fab though was Karthik's jealous unmarried brother😆 and that Kriti's cousin.😆
Pankaj Tripathi and that Chote from TVF were funny too, I get it now why Pankaj rejected Kriti's dad party and took that role, lecher personified 😆
I do however think both ladies deserve the credit .. how much? That's debatable! ... But you can't blatantly neglect their presence in movies how those articles are doing!