Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rinnks thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: NainoMeinSapna

I'm not stopping you from saying whatever you want to. I'm just saying that ignoring people who disagree with you is not the same as being peaceable. You can say whatever you want, I don't really care, but don't say I'll avoid arguments by ignoring people because that's not the proper way to maintain peace.

Either say whatever you want and then discuss it with people who disagree. Or if you want to be peaceable don't say things that will start an argument.

Also, to answer your question anyone can tell a controversial topic from a non controversial one. If people are gonna say hypothetical things like, "Ansh is not Ishaan's child, that is very obviously controversial cause it's maligning someone's character. But if someone says, "Mishti and Ansh have a great bond, that's clearly not controversial. Point is, you know a controversial statement when you see one.

True but again what can be controversial for one may not be controversial for other. The example given above are black n white..

I guess what all of us can do is, respect each other's PoV.
Try to let go n ignore some posts if we don't like.
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
We don't know what can lead to fan wars.I will say what I want to say.
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

I prefer not to discuss it when I know there's no point, that's my choice. The thing here is that telling people what to do is actually against forum rules.

I don't really care about Ansh so I don't think about him, I do not have any doubts regarding his paternity. I think the Ansh thing came from a post and FYI Aditi Retweeted the post on her Twitter account,.as far as I remember some mauhaan fans did ask Mod about it and she said that it's allowed, so I don't understand how you or some other member will decide something for us.

I can tell you one thing that I don't write anything to instigate anyone, I have my own opinions and I write it, if they are against forum rules, please report it...
Thanks

As I already said on my previous post, I'm not stopping you from writing anything nor was I trying to tell you what to do. I was just point out that what you're saying doesn't make sense. Also, I wasn't deciding anything, I just said that when something is controversial, everyone can tell it's controversial, no one needs to make a judgement call. I was doing the exact opposite of deciding what is wrong.

I don't think you even understand what I'm saying so I guess I'll just stop discussing this with you now.

Btw: I can read the forum rules myself, there's no need for you to keep telling me what they are tyvm.
FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

As I already said on my previous post, I'm not stopping you from writing anything nor was I trying to tell you what to do. I was just point out that what you're saying doesn't make sense. Also, I wasn't deciding anything, I just said that when something is controversial, everyone can tell it's controversial, no one needs to make a judgement call. I was doing the exact opposite of deciding what is wrong.

I don't think you even understand what I'm saying so I guess I'll just stop discussing this with you now.

Btw: I can read the forum rules myself, there's no need for you to keep telling me what they are tyvm.

I said that I will ignore replies to my posts, what's there to make sense? I will ignore it. 
About controversial topics - Mod already told them that it was not against forum rules 
@Bold 
Exactly!!!
That's how I am going to ignore fanwars. 
Edited by FruitToasty - 5 years ago
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ruhi122

True but again what can be controversial for one may not be controversial for other. The example given above are black n white..

I guess what all of us can do is, respect each other's PoV.
Try to let go n ignore some posts if we don't like.

I agree with this! You can ignore something if you don't like it, that is a good way to be peaceable. But just writing someone's opinion off because they are a MauHaan fan is not the right way to promote peace, that's what I was trying to say to FruitToasty.
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail

I said that I will ignore replies to my posts, what's there to make sense? I will ignore it.
@Bold
Exactly!!!
That's how I am going to ignore fanwars.

The problem wasn't that you're going to ignore replies. The problem is that you said "I won't reply to MauHaan fans. This is an ironic statement cause by saying that you're differentiating between MauNal and MauHaan fans.

I'm sorry if I was unclear. My problem was not that you're not gonna reply to people. My problem was that you said you won't reply to MauHaan fans specifically. This is a form of discrimination.
FruitToasty thumbnail

The problem wasn't that you're going to ignore replies. The problem is that you said "I won't reply to MauHaan fans. This is an ironic statement cause by saying that you're differentiating between MauNal and MauHaan fans.

I'm sorry if I was unclear. My problem was not that you're not gonna reply to people. My problem was that you said you won't reply to MauHaan fans specifically. This is a form of discrimination.

TM has mentioned two groups, so if I am in Maunal fandom then isn't it obvious that I will ignore Mauhaan fans to stop fanwar? It's not discrimination, there are two groups and I am a part of one of them 
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail

TM has mentioned two groups, so if I am in Maunal fandom then isn't it obvious that I will ignore Mauhaan fans to stop fanwar? It's not discrimination, there are two groups and I am a part of one of them

Discrimination is when you act unjustly with people just because they belong to a particular category. So you saying "I will ignore MauHaan fans is discriminatory. As far as I remember you were the one who kept saying "don't think of me just as a MauNal shipper when you were trying to put your points across about Ishaan and other topics. So, just because someone is a MauHaan fan doesn't mean that they will disagree with you about everything you want to talk about.
FruitToasty thumbnail

Discrimination is when you act unjustly with people just because they belong to a particular category. So you saying "I will ignore MauHaan fans is discriminatory. As far as I remember you were the one who kept saying "don't think of me just as a MauNal shipper when you were trying to put your points across about Ishaan and other topics. So, just because someone is a MauHaan fan doesn't mean that they will disagree with you about everything you want to talk about.

Mauhaan shippers do disagree with me and find things in my posts which I didn't even imply. It was obvious that I will ignore posts which are attacking or can lead to unnecessary arguments.
You are also a Mauhaan shipper and I didn't ignore your reply because it was not attacking in nature but it did lead to an unnecessary argument over something which I didn't even say so Yes, Mauhaan fans do disagree with everything I write... 
I am out 
NainoMeinSapna thumbnail

Mauhaan shippers do disagree with me and find things in my posts which I didn't even imply. It was obvious that I will ignore posts which are attacking or can lead to unnecessary arguments.
You are also a Mauhaan shipper and I didn't ignore your reply because it was not attacking in nature but it did lead to an unnecessary argument over something which I didn't even say so Yes, Mauhaan fans do disagree with everything I write...
I am out

Yeah but if you remember the post which someone made about episode 3, we were all agreeing about that episode. MauHaan fans and MauNal fans. This is my point, just because someone is a MauHaan fan doesn't mean they'll always disagree with you, so you shouldn't say "I won't reply to MauHaan fans and even if they are disagreeing, they could have a valid point.

I'm just going to explain my point one more time so that we don't deviate from it:

TM said let's avoid fanwars. I agree with TM that we should try to make peace. At the same time I agree with Silpa and Ruhi that there's no definite way of knowing what may offend someone so we should just say whatever we want to and ignore something if we don't like it.

What I don't agree with is a Cold War between MauNal fans and MauHaan fans. Saying I won't reply to MauHaan fans is such a general and ironic statement that does the opposite of promoting peace. If everyone started doing that, it would just cause even more of a divide than there already is.