Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

3. Boss man

"Come in" Shaan called out hearing a knock on his door. He looked up from his laptop and noted it was Asmita.

"Good morning, boss man" she smiled.

"You've been working here for the last two months, how are you always so cheery?" he questioned. She worked the weekend at the nightclub and she was here early morning at 8.30am on the dot with a bright smile.

"See, I don't want my wrinkles to be formed by the frowns. I would rather have the laugh wrinkles. You're going to get frown wrinkles, boss man" she answered.

"Is that your actual answer, or are you just annoying me?"

"Annoying you" she winked. "Anyway, here's the Mehta's contract. It's signed and completed" she placed the file on his desk.

"You've finished already?" he looked surprised.

"How it still surprises you when I finish my work early, surprises me" she replied.

Shaan frowned in confusion.

"I also continue to wonder, how you're managing this business by looking so confused all the time" Asmita shook her head.

"You're confusing" Shaan responded.

"Now boss man, you're clearly just stupid if you cannot understand simple sentences. Imagine if I were using jargon worded complex sentences, how confused you'll be?"

"Just get out" Shaan pointed to the door.

"See what I mean" Asmita laughed, Shaan stood ready to give her a piece of his mind when she clicked the door closed behind her.

He rested his hand on his hips and shook his head pondering as to why he lets her confuse and mess with him. Had it been someone else, he would have fired them by now.

~~~

"Shaan, we were just talking about you" Nivedita smiled as he entered the house.

"Dada, come sit. You're going to be excited" Hridoy grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the sofa.

"I doubt it" Shaan muttered and looked at his mother and grandfather.

"Shaan, my friend has invited us over on the last weekend to see her daughter" Nivedita informed. "The girl is so simple, sweet, and she's stunning" she assured.

Shaan wanted to say no but he didn't have the heart to say no when his mother was getting so excited, the words used to describe the woman who he was going to see didn't appeal to him. He couldn't see himself to be with someone sweet and simple, he would surely scare her into submission for anything. He wanted someone who'd be somewhat equal, strong headed and confident. He wanted someone who'd be able to challenge him and be able to point out to him when he's wrong and support him when he made the right decisions.

As he pondered silently, a familiar face came to his mind.

Don't even go there, Shaan he thought to himself.

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
mind blowing chapter as always👍🏼
awe asmita is really strong & hard working girl😃
she doesn't even scared to give answer to shaan😃
on the other hand shaan is really short of words in front of asmita🤣
oh god shaan mom really want to fix his marriage with her friend's daughter
shaan couln't even say no coz seeing his mom so happy🤔
but he imagine asmita when he thought what kind of wife he want😊
look like shaan got feeling for asmita😉
continue plz

4. The proposal

"Woah, is that..." Hridoy arched his brows.

"Ms Dancer" Shaan finished. He wondered what had happened to his grandfather and mother, did they know she was a dancer at their night club.

"Asmita" Nivedita stood and hugged her warmly, "you're looking stunning as usual" she smiled brightly.

Shaan perused her, her pencil skirt and blouse was replaced with a long indian dress and her hair which was usually let out was braided to one side.

"Shaan, meet Asmita" Nivedita turned to her son. "She's who I was talking about".

Asmita plastered a smile on her lips as she turned her head to see her boss.

Simple and sweet huh? Shaan pondered wondering what his mother and grandfather were thinking when selecting Ms Dancer. She's nothing like they say, she's a hot angry firecracker.

"Mom, we already know her" Hridoy intervened approaching his brother's side.

"I know she works at the office, I saw her and I just knew there was something special about her" Nivedita smiled at Asmita. "She's perfect"

"Perfect huh?" Shaan frowned. "She's a da..."

"Dada, mom is right. She is perfect" Hridoy grabbed his brother's arm and squeezed. "Mom, don't you think dada and Asmita bhabhi should get a chance to speak to one another?"

"Oh... yes" Nivedita smiled. "We'll leave you both alone" she chuckled and walked out of the room with Hridoy.

Once they were out of the room, Shaan turned to face Asmita.

"You..."

"Say no to this" Asmita cut him off. "I am not marrying you"

"As if I wish to marry you" Shaan scowled. "Why are you pretending to be something else, Ms Dancer? You're nothing like this" he waved to the clothes she donned.

"You only see me in the office, boss man. So you don't know how I'm like" Asmita grated out narrowing her eyes at her boss. "Don't be judging me".

"I see you enough times" he answered. "Not just me, but enough men see it as well" he added sharply.

"Jealous?" she spat out. "That they're able to see me as a woman, imagine me as a woman, imagine that I am their possession, imagine that they're spending the night with me, imagine that they're touching me in so many different ways?"

Shaan grabbed her arms pulling her close, their noses so close and almost touching.

"Haan" he muttered.

Asmita looked shocked.

bs123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey! I love your story. Is this in any way connected to your OS on Shamita: Living a Lie, like a prequel?? Was just wondering if that's the case because it seems like Asmita is not just a dancer in this after reading the initial parts. Maybe she's actually an undercover cop? I also think you mentioned in that OS that Shan's proposal was brought to her and she never revealed her true identity, but had tried to evade the proposal. I don't know if you intentionally wrote this SS to precede that OS or if its just a coincidence, but either way, I really enjoying reading your fanfiction.
Edited by bs123 - 5 years ago
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I'm really loving the story so far. They're both so feisty 😆

I'm really glad Nivi saw something in Asmita cos Shaan was definitely not gonna so something about it anytime soon haha

I love how he's just jealous about everything. Can't wait for more! X
cuteariya thumbnail
wow what a surprising twist😲
shaan mom & grandpa were talking abt asmita
they really like asmita for shaan & want them to marry😊
loll when his mom said asmita is sweet he was like no she is hot headed firecracker😆
oops asmita told shaan to reject for this marriage🤔
but shamita got into heated argument🤔
shaan was jealous of those mens who eyeing on asmita😎
his confession made asmita shocked😲
now what both shamita will decide?
continue plz

Originally posted by: bs123

Hey! I love your story. Is this in any way connected to your OS on Shamita: Living a Lie, like a prequel?? Was just wondering if that's the case because it seems like Asmita is not just a dancer in this after reading the initial parts. Maybe she's actually an undercover cop? I also think you mentioned in that OS that Shan's proposal was brought to her and she never revealed her true identity, but had tried to evade the proposal. I don't know if you intentionally wrote this SS to precede that OS or if its just a coincidence, but either way, I really enjoying reading your fanfiction.

Thank you, I hadn't really given much thought of it being a prequel as I myself forgot that I had written that 😆😆

So, it's purely coincidental surprisingly. 😆

Part 5 - Decisions

"Haan" he repeated. "Is that what you wanted to hear?" he narrowed his eyes.

Asmita pushed off his hands, "Don't touch me" she clicked her fingers in front of his face. "People throw their money to see me, and I don't let them touch me. What gives you the right to touch me, boss man?" she grated between her teeth. "Just who do you think you are?"

"Enough!" Shaan snapped angrily. "Don't forget, Ms Dancer I'm your boss!"

"Then stay in your limits, touch me again and I will go straight to the police for manhandling and touching me inappropriately" she threatened him.

"Why you..."

"Dada" Hridoy entered smiling brightly. "So, what have you both decided?"

Shaan turned his head and noted his mother following in.

"We're not..." Asmita started only to be cut off by Shaan.

"Mama, Asmita and I thought we'll get to know each other first" he smirked. "Asmita wants to have a long engagement first" he slipped his arm around her waist.

"What are you doing?" Asmita hissed quietly, she plastered a smile at his mother and shot him a glare.

"I'm announcing our engagement, darling" he grinned widely.

"Aunty" Asmita pinched his hand making him release her quickly. "Um, I have to talk to my mama" she informed.

"I've already spoken to Arpita" Nivedita informed. "She's going to be so happy with the news" she squealed excitedly and patted Asmita's cheeks. "I'm so so happy".

Asmita mentally cursed her fate, she smiled faintly as Nivedita pulled her in for a hug. Asmita scowled seeing Shaan stood proudly smirking with his arms crossed.

~~~

"Why did you tell Nivedita aunty to come to my house with her sons?" Asmita frowned at her mother.

"You have to settle down one day and you said yourself, Nivedita is so nice. You also love working for them" Arpita answered.

"That doesn't mean, I would like to marry into their family" she countered. "Call them right now, mama and cancel this" she picked up the landline phone and held it out to her mother.

Arpita chuckled, "Asmita, what's wrong with them? They're nice aren't they? You're familiar with them and they know you as well".

"Well, I don't like the guy! How about that?" she gritted.

"What's so bad about Shaan? He's got the looks, money, respect and he's settled in every other way. What else do you want in a husband?"

"I want a husband who can respect me regardless of whatever profession I'm in" Asmita stated firmly. "He looks down on me because I dance in the nightclub".

Arpita sighed, she turned to face Asmita. "When you're going to marry into the family, you'll have to stop dancing in clubs".

"Why would I do that? I love dancing and that is why I want to marry someone who'd accept me as I am and respect me as I am, regardless of where I work" she replied.

"The world doesn't work like that" Arpita informed.

"It works like that in my world, what's wrong with dancing? If men dance in clubs to entertain women, they're entertainers. And if women do it, they're wh**es? Why the double standard?"

"The world is just like that, it's a man's world" Arpita sighed heavily.

"Then it's our responsibility as women to make it an equal world" Asmita countered. "If Shaan Mazumdaar wishes to marry Asmita Khumari, then he is going to have to accept me as I am. I won't leave my dancing job for him" she stated firmly. 

cuteariya thumbnail
awesome update
oh god shaan announce their engagement in front of their families😲
asmita got really angry but couldn't say anything🤔
shaan families r really happy for them😃
even i don't understand why shaan agree for this marriage when asmita clearly told him she don't want to marry him😕
asmita's mom also like shaan & his families😊
but asmita think shaan won't respect her dancing in the club & she isn't ready to leave dance🤔
asmita is right in her place & i agree with her👏
now how shaan & his families will take it abt asmita dancing in club even after marriage
continue plz
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Clearly Shan is very attracted to Asmita otherwise he wouldn't have made such a hasty decision to get engaged to Asmita. I'm really proud of Asmitas mindset. She's standing for women who have to stop doing something they love just for their new families. Can't wait for more!