Very good interview . Thanks Neha 😊

Most welcome, Ann. He works so hard for promoting the films!😊
Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
How time passes! 
As I said in my previous thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5053785

But one thing is there! Barun can create chemistry with anybody anytime.

These were almost his debut ads, but the two look so cute together!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKdZHZ2nHo[/YOUTUBE]

And now this! the chemistry is mind boggling even today!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04FP--X0JIQ[/YOUTUBE]

he looks so cute asking the roadside stall guy whether he has washed hands and saying no to Paanipuri/ Golgappa! So very much reminds me of my hubby who allows everything for me; but cringes his nose if I look at Paani puri stall!

Remembering my old friends😳 on IF today; wish you gals came back and we had the same chatting chemistry once again. The world thrives on hope after all!πŸ˜‰

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 5 years ago
AnnDan thumbnail
I'm very happy for you that you saw the movie. I'll dream about it 😳
22 Yards - The Man Emerges as Winner, He knows his bet!

Ok! I don't carry a label of film critic! But talent pehchananeka talent hai mujh mein! I have the talent to recognise talent when I see it! So whatever 'not so good' reviews you have come across till now, print those, burn those and flush them down your toilettes! 

Go ahead and book your tickets for the movie. It gives you an experience of watching an English film, fast paced, beautifully enacted and well directed...as Barun mentioned, intellectual!

No surprise! It's Barun choice of script after all! This man hasn't disappointed us from his debut MAMR, then THMS and now 22 Yards. 

The film is very much about cricket and shows us what goes on in cricket beyond what we see on our screens. So if anybody says, there's no cricket game shown, tell them it's all the nuances, the challenges, the dark other side of cricket which is perfectly presented! 

The story is inspiring, too; because Barun brings to us the exact emotions of fall from high and then rise after the fall.

The man shows a plethora of colours in his acting through the transition of the character. Perfection cannot be improved; but this man does it, in his stylish swagger as the high flying cricket agent, improved even further than his Arnav swagger in IPK1. 

His cocky retorts to fellow members in public versus his "Chaay piyenge, kaka?" showing his human core with his driver... Barun builds our interest in the story right in the initial scenes. 

He achieves summit of acting when he first sees the TV news. As actor and director, that scene is par excellent.

The dramatic change in his body language after the fall is seen in his gait in the walk on the roads in hot sun. It's a sudden contrast to his initial strut.  The stress and then the despair, Barun brings through his superb facial expressions and the subtle yet impressive body language.

If you have been fan of Arnav who resisted a tilak, you'll love Ron Sen with slight hesitancy for tilak. If you have loved Arnav as drummer, you'll enjoy dhol of Ron Sen. The man does it so perfect. 

You like him in white, he's in white, you like him in black, he's in black, you like his clean shaven look, it's there, you like his bearded look it's there. This guy even makes Pink look good.

Without losing it anywhere in the journey till the last scene, where again Barun nails it through superb combination of body language and facial expressions...there's no fist air pumping or clapping, but his eyes tell us, he's come out as winner!

There is so much more to write... but then my words won't do justice to his talent. Go and experience it yourself! Don't miss the chance. He so very much deserves the best actor award, go and check yourself.

Whoever wrote that casting is not good, just 'control alt del' from your mind. The cast, right down to the driver and Barun's assistant also do perfect justice apart from the main cast Barun, Amartya, Panchhi, Rajat, Chaiti!

About Mitali's direction, and the other cast Watch out my next!

p.s. I wrote this after THMS

Barun did such perfect emoting in 22 yards movie's proposal, starting from the car telecon to the Barun special hug...to declare your love when the woman is connecting with another man, in front of that man. 

Again, Aamir had a long shot, a fight and a big scene around the whole thing in DCH; but Barun and Mitali together made it better than what Aamir and Farhan together did.  What would have taken, in a TV series perhaps a 20 minutes episode or more, Barun brings us all the layers, all the emotions in hardly 2 mins.

Barun's act was perfect with the beggar lady knocking on his car window, then his fingers twitching but shaking ...to open or not open window, when a Nadeem call is heard.  And this man, can make your eyes shimmer to see his emotions in a simple salad cutting shot! 

There was a story there, Shonali said as much in their first date; but the movie didn't show the whole story, so are we getting a sequel?

There's the Barun famous missed kiss, too!πŸ˜‰( we are now used to it in all Barun's movies and series)πŸ˜†

I laughed at Panchhi dialogue "still engaged"; it should have been "sorry, engaged!" as Panchhi was engaged and got married immediately after the movie shoot. That is what her mother told me, happened to first time meet and connect with her mother during the show.

I was wondering why Panchhi Bora was missing from all promotions, but  got to know Panchhi is married and has  a small daughter, settled in US; so my doubts clarified.  

Last but not the least, as the movie clearly states "Public believes what media tells them. So guys and gals, a sincere request to all, not for my sake but for Barun's and the movie's sake, go ahead and share/re tweet these to all your friends. It's a very good movie, let it get the success it deserves and let people not miss the pleasure.

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 5 years ago
Barni thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸ‘[QUOTE=Loving2Missing2]22 Yards - The Man Emerges as Winner, He knows his bet!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Neha, thank you very much for the review! The review is not great, but gives a clear idea of the great game Barun Sobti. I can't watch the movie myself yet. But do not much doubt that the film is excellent and the game Baruna as always on top! Critics as a blueprint wrote his review, even before the start of the film, not seeing it, it is not ethical on their part. Thank you again! For me your assessment is very important! I wish our guy good luck, happiness and great victories!😊

[QUOTE=Barni]πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks so very much, Barni.