Was it right of Vedant to conceal Babuji-Bua's crimes?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi guys!
Purva is finally out of jail due to the parents being convinced by the care given to their children at Vedant's hospital. Dunno how the parents agreed to take back their complaint, but okay, creative liberty, I guess. ðŸ˜•

Anyway, Vedant and Dadi have a conversation where Dadi tells him to tell the police about Bua-Babuji's tampering with the ingredients, but Vedant refuses, saying he cannot send his family to jail. He does not want to reveal the truth about who mixed the ingredients up.

For the first time in the show, I believe Vedant is wrong. 

This time, his Babuji has not wronged ONLY him. This crime is not his to forgive.

Babuji and Bua have wronged Purva, the children who almost lost their lives and the poor parents who thought their kids would die.

At this point, Vedant has become an enabler. You cannot ignore such crimes, not even mistakes by saying that they are your family. People like Babuji only get bolstered by this 'forgiveness'. 

As they say, laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante. 

By covering up Babuji, Bua and Sanju's wrongdoings, Vedant is encouraging them to not give up on their antics.

I felt really bad for Purva- she has been left so traumatised after this jail incident. I don't blame her for asking Vedant for a divorce, because who would like to stay in such a mad house where people can go to the extent of killing others to cause you harm. 
I totally agree with your view.  A crime is crime, whoever it done.  If you protect them now, it will happen again, then what he will do?  Vedant is wrong here, whatever his logic is.  Nobody except Dadi wholeheartedly accept him as family, even the mother (Babui's wife) has only a soft corner for him.  If she loves him then how can she ask for pardon for her husband?  Here the writer gives a wrong message to the society that family can protect the culprit?
Originally posted by S-Kumar

I totally agree with your view.  A crime is crime, whoever it done.  If you protect them now, it will happen again, then what he will do?  Vedant is wrong here, whatever his logic is.  Nobody except Dadi wholeheartedly accept him as family, even the mother (Babui's wife) has only a soft corner for him.  If she loves him then how can she ask for pardon for her husband?  Here the writer gives a wrong message to the society that family can protect the culprit?

Yes, exactly. So, if tomorrow an outsider harms someone from the Tripathi family, will Vedant allow the outsider's family member to save them?

The Tripathis don't deserve Vedant's love and loyalty. Some people are irredeemable and Vedant should stop concealing their crimes.