Debate Mansion

Life of Indians in the US

Redmi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
How is it? Is it worth it leaving India and struggling for H1Bs and greencards there? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have never lived in India so I can't really answer. Someone in my family is an immigration lawyer and has a business that helps companies looking for Indian employees and Indians looking to come with submitting all the paperwork and the one thing I can say is the numbers of applicants is ASTOUNDING so clearly many people think it is worth it. But the numbers are falling and some iAmericans are more and more anti immigrant which is something to think about. I have friends who have built a life here and desperately want to stay but can't get a green card  because the backlog for an Indian to get permanent residency (green card) is so long, they have to live visa to visa never sure it will be renewed or they will have to leave everything to go home which is a really difficult way to live. It might be different for you if you only want one visa and then you will go home. 
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Im a Pakistani living in USA. 
I was born and raised in USA. Never went to Pakistan more than 3 times in my whole life before Feb 2018. Since then Ive been 5 times and I wanna move there ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: DragonBoy49

Im a Pakistani living in USA. 

I was born and raised in USA. Never went to Pakistan more than 3 times in my whole life before Feb 2018. Since then Ive been 5 times and I wanna move there  😆😆😆

Do you plan to?
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
 I am here for more than 11 years. on H1B for more than 9 years. On a wait list for Greencard for 7 years. And I am not expecting it till another 5-6 years. 
For you, the wait will be at least 15+ years at the current pace of GC applications. 

I just gave you GC approx. Rest is your decision.

I would rather say Marry a citizen. Kya falte k H1B ke dhakke. ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nova19

It might be different for you if you only want one visa and then you will go home. 

Who does that? Ek bar aa gaye, fir H1B wala kutta. na ghar ka na ghaat ka. ðŸ˜†
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
I went to US for a couple of months and it was I dont know... kind of unpleasant for the lack of a better word... I mean, i dont think I can live their full time... the lifestyle is not for me
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Redmi

How is it? Is it worth it leaving India and struggling for H1Bs and greencards there? 

well , out outlook matters. If you keep comparing your life in India to life in US, you would never be able to fit in 

Also the most important which I felt was getting the drivers license ASAP, that felt like a sense of freedom and opens the doors to so many opportunities.

What I have felt after all these years is you can be whatever you want to be, you can do stuff you always wanted to do. The opportunities are plenty. 

I also love the attitude, you are never too old to do anything.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Hopefully by this year June my bride cones. Yeah thats a part of the story. I got married one wild afternoon in Sargodha ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†. 

But I enjoy it there and my bride is only like 75% of the reason. 25% is cause I actually like it ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
sherlockthor thumbnail
oh man what to tell
I am in last sem of my MS and trying for Jobs now,,
its so hard ..
also getting h1B is really difficult
I guess if i dont get a job i am going to go back soon