Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Deepika should prove herself with Chapak. Ranveer has to prove himself with Galliboy. Only Ranbir does not has to prove anything. He has many 200 crore and above movies without Hirani.

Deepika's solo opening power is only 5 crore (Piku). Add Ranbir to her. You get 7 crore (Tamasha). Then what is RK's contribution? 
Around the same time as Piku (which was not a mainstream movie), we also had RK's mainstream movie with another A lister actress (BV) had similar opening. Then who has the more pulling power?

In 2009, Ranbir movies without Katrina stand at 22 crores (Rocket Singh) and 27 crores (Wake Up Sid). Katrina movies without Ranbir are at 45 Crore (Newyork) and 48 Crore (De Dana Dan). Still credit to the success of  Ajab Prem Ki Gazhab Kahani ( 62 Crore) should mainly go to Ranbir. 
In 2010, Ranbir's movie without Katrina made 40 Crores (Anjaana Anjaani), Katrina's movie without Ranbir was at 60 crores (Tees Maar Khan). Still success of Rajneeti ( 92 Crore) should be given to Ranbir (Oh, let's forget Ajay). 

Since Cocktail,, Deepika overtook Katrina. (Katrina's role in Dhoom 3 was limited. Only Bang Bang was an exception).
In 2013, Deepika had three  non Ranbir movies.  One 93 Crores (Race 3), one at 207 Crores (Chennai Express) and another at 112 Crores (Ram Leela). 
In 2013, Ranbir's non Deepika movie was Besharam which collected 56 Crores.
Still Ranbir should take more credit for Yeh Jawani Hei Diwani (177 Crores). 

About Besharam opening. It had the hype of his entire family coming for the first time. Hence. 
Barfi, his superhit movie (with PC) had a opening of 8 crores. 

I get tired to write these numbers (My respect to Billa). But just wanted to condemn the disparity in wages and people who think Ranbir deserves better than Deepika. Yes, everyone knows Deepika is not going to be at the top for ever. Madhuris have come down. Khans have come down. One day Deepika, Ranbir, Ranveer ... all will come down too (First of all they have to rise further). But argument is not that. Currently is Deepika's stardom inferior to Ranbir's stardom? If not, why is she not paid the same wage? As simple as that. 

Defenitely not comparing Deepika with Amir. But Amir was counted at top spot even in those years, when he had no release. Madhuri used to have less releases compared to other stars, in her peak days. So one can maintain their stardom without releases too.

Keep bashing Deepika and continue to make 100 more posts in the thread. My best wishes. 

+ 1 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Deepika should prove herself with Chapak. Ranveer has to prove himself with Galliboy. Only Ranbir does not has to prove anything. He has many 200 crore and above movies without Hirani.

Deepika's solo opening power is only 5 crore (Piku). Add Ranbir to her. You get 7 crore (Tamasha). Then what is RK's contribution? 
Around the same time as Piku (which was not a mainstream movie), we also had RK's mainstream movie with another A lister actress (BV) had similar opening. Then who has the more pulling power?

In 2009, Ranbir movies without Katrina stand at 22 crores (Rocket Singh) and 27 crores (Wake Up Sid). Katrina movies without Ranbir are at 45 Crore (Newyork) and 48 Crore (De Dana Dan). Still credit to the success of  Ajab Prem Ki Gazhab Kahani ( 62 Crore) should mainly go to Ranbir. 
In 2010, Ranbir's movie without Katrina made 40 Crores (Anjaana Anjaani), Katrina's movie without Ranbir was at 60 crores (Tees Maar Khan). Still success of Rajneeti ( 92 Crore) should be given to Ranbir (Oh, let's forget Ajay). 

Since Cocktail,, Deepika overtook Katrina. (Katrina's role in Dhoom 3 was limited. Only Bang Bang was an exception).
In 2013, Deepika had three  non Ranbir movies.  One 93 Crores (Race 3), one at 207 Crores (Chennai Express) and another at 112 Crores (Ram Leela). 
In 2013, Ranbir's non Deepika movie was Besharam which collected 56 Crores.
Still Ranbir should take more credit for Yeh Jawani Hei Diwani (177 Crores). 

About Besharam opening. It had the hype of his entire family coming for the first time. Hence. 
Barfi, his superhit movie (with PC) had a opening of 8 crores. 

I get tired to write these numbers (My respect to Billa). But just wanted to condemn the disparity in wages and people who think Ranbir deserves better than Deepika. Yes, everyone knows Deepika is not going to be at the top for ever. Madhuris have come down. Khans have come down. One day Deepika, Ranbir, Ranveer ... all will come down too (First of all they have to rise further). But argument is not that. Currently is Deepika's stardom inferior to Ranbir's stardom? If not, why is she not paid the same wage? As simple as that. 

Defenitely not comparing Deepika with Amir. But Amir was counted at top spot even in those years, when he had no release. Madhuri used to have less releases compared to other stars, in her peak days. So one can maintain their stardom without releases too.

Keep bashing Deepika and continue to make 100 more posts in the thread. My best wishes. 

👏   awesome post... Needs to be posted again and again for some to take notice... Even then it will be ignored...
TheSupergirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

•  No Holiday !-28 Dec is nowhere in the world a holiday !
  •  No Christmas- that was ZERO week ! A week  before.. and we know THAT Zero- a MASALA- movie has  flopped badly.WITH XMAS wek..
  •   Biggest Rohit  movie was 5 years back, CE, with Deepika and SRK !!- SIMMBA with Ranveer beat that already.
  •  Gomaal barely made it at 200 cr.. SIMMBA is still running!- towards 250 cr,.
  •  I think you were told  these points over and over but  cannot accept them as they do not match your way of seeing them? 😕
Flipflop made a very good post re BO wins of BOTH Deeika and Ranbir.
 It really puts things in perspective... read it. please..it's very clear.

Arre why do u guys take everything so literally? 
28 dec is not a holiday but it is New Year season. Ppl go out n watch films in the evenings. 
It was 3 days from Christmas. Again during season. Many ppl are still in festive mood. 
Doesn't matter whether CE was biggest Rohit movie, my point was that Rohit has consistently performed at BO and his last outing was a BB.
Again my point was never to compare the collections of the two films. Like i told ATC understand the context before replying or making a point. 
U have clearly not understood my post. Please read it again n understand. I have cleared whatever misconceptions u may have had.

I do not understand why u guys are hell bent on convincing me 😆 Itna matter karta hai mera opinion. Arre waah 😆

TheSupergirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh n btw, MoonOrchid, i never said DP has to prove herself. Flipflop's post i have replied to. But anyway, guess u missed that. Doesn't matter :)