Is it weird that i think blackholes are equivalent to gods?

ceylongirl thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
In hindu scriptures, its said Shiva is the creator and destructor of worlds. If you think deep about it, Blackholes do just that. Galaxies are built and reformed around them, and they can destroy anything and everything if they wish. They are the most magical, unexplainable things of the universe. They bend time and space, it's the point of singularity and most believe including me that they are omniscient :3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Not at all. Always fancied Maa Kali as black hole. So many particles, matter, anti matter, dark matter, dark energy. Do share your thoughts and resources.The human forms are just for our understanding isnt it. After all, how do we even think in terms of experiences that are beyond.

Girl_InMedicine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I feel the same, now that I'm very much into the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta, I'm starting to feel that all Hindu Gods and their representation have a very deep philosophical meaning, I also don't think there's anything like heaven or hell or even a creator who is sitting in the sky judging us. The moment we reach that higher state of consciousness, we precisely become That. As the Vedanta declares-
Thou Art That You Are Searching For!Edited by Girl_InMedicine - 5 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally they captured the first ever image of black hole
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not sure what is floating around online is the real picture of black hole or just an illustration 
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

Not sure what is floating around online is the real picture of black hole or just an illustration

Technically, it's not a photograph.

What they have in the image is the silhouette of a black hole's event horizon. Inside of a black hole itself can't be seen.

They assembled data gathered by a collection of radio telescopes to produce the image. Then they color coded the image based on the intensity of radiation emitted from the source.

ILuvPrachiDesai thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

totally agree with you, we shouldn't believe everything the governments are feeding us.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
how do they figure out the event horizon is slightly over speculation.. M87 is too far so I take all this with some scepticism... and no all this has nothing to do with Hindu myth.. but you can keep driving similarity/parallels between these things. BH is just end of lifecycle for the star... there is no life form or governing form around it!Edited by qwertyesque - 5 years ago