Favourite Character

Aquabutterfly thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey everyone,
I don't know if there have been a post like this but I really want to know everyone's opinion. Every character has potential and is very well written. I really like how each character has their own strong points and significant roles in the story.

But in my eyes, (apart from Babita and Minni) the best character of this show is Hanuman Singh. And I have very valid reasons to support that opinion.

1) He is a police officer with morals. It's rare to see a cop who is willing to help people and fight against the wrong. And he knows what's right. He knew that Minni was telling the truth and decided to put Khatri in jail, even without an FIR.

2) He doesn't care about anything if he knows that he's supporting the right cause. In order to help Babita and Minni, he offered them shelter, resigned from his job, and even stood up against Ashok when he was about to slap Minni.

3) He understands that women don't need any man to save them. They are enough to fight any problems in life. He encouraged Babita and Minni to take a stand and ultimately become the voice against injustice. In his drunken state, his story motivated Babita to finally stand up for herself. It changed her mindset, and made her ready to start afresh for her daughter.

4) He is a gentleman. He is always talking about his late wife, who has taught him many things. In the show, he has never directly looked Babita in the eye or talked to her. It was usually through Minni. He understands his limits and her comfort level.

5) My favourite point: The actor who is playing Hanuman brought life to the character. From the accent to the dialogue delivery to the emotions, he nailed it. I didn't know that it was possible to fall in love with a character this early, but I guess Hanuman is one of its kind.

Please share who your favourite character is and why?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very rightly said and I agree to each of the points you mentioned. Indeed Hanuman Singh is one lovable character in the show. 😃
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was so wary about watching such a new drama and getting attached to characters because everything can change so quickly. However, yes, apart from Mini / Babes, my favourite character is Hanuman Singh for all the reasons you described.

I like Meeta too because she hasn't been painted as a villain by the writers and is actually very relatable. I knew many NRI women in long term relationships with married men overseas who had been cut off by both sets of Indian families. Her anguish / insecurity is very, very real. The actress did a great job. Edited by SK1509 - 5 years ago
PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just like you, I didn't expect myself to fall for a character so fast and easily as it takes time for me to get connected to a character and a show.  Annirudh Dave is very talented and literally, he nails his character and I can say, his acting is what makes the character more endearing than it is. 

Yeah, he is well aware of his boundaries and respects her comfort and limits. I have noticed Babes sometimes does look at him and talk but he never does and that melts my heart. 

Hanuman's late wife seems like a really good woman and obviously, she was the one who is behind his progressive thoughts. His personality is what draws people to him.

I just love him! ❤️

And, superb post! It's so good to read well-written appreciative posts! 
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I just LOVED all your points! 
After all the angry young abusive male leads on TV, it's refreshing to see such gentlemen who really care and respect women.
My heart melts when I see him so supportive ❤️

His character is extremely well written. He has flaws, isn't perfect but he's right at heart. 😳

And I agree to the Meeta point too, she isn't a villain. Her insecurity is very very real.😃

I love all the characters they've sketched till now. Except perhaps Ashok 😡
But I love to hate him too!😛😆
IshqHaiWoEhsaas thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very well-written post, buddy!

Hanuman Singh is such a refreshing, adorable character yaar... you can't help but fall in love with him! That time he hid the drinks on seeing Mini... made me go awww! Such a gentleman!

I can only wonder how awesome Imarti must've been. Also, the way he speaks of her is ❤️
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IshqHaiWoEhsaas

Very well-written post, buddy!

Hanuman Singh is such a refreshing, adorable character yaar... you can't help but fall in love with him! That time he hid the drinks on seeing Mini... made me go awww! Such a gentleman!

I can only wonder how awesome Imarti must've been. Also, the way he speaks of her is ❤️

jaalu ki yaad nhi ayi🤣😛
sheeluneelu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I just started watching the show coz of him ya phir kahun his superb acting
Definitely he is my favorite character along with Mini
Edited by sheeluneelu - 5 years ago
Pari117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hanuman Singh is the one whom I admire most. He is slaying with his part. he is such a perfectionist!! Edited by Pari117 - 5 years ago
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
undoubtedly hanuman singh is one of the best thing in the show...😎
Actor & character both r superb...😃

from the day i heard aniruddh will be part of the show i was excited , he has totally lived up to my expectations . he is playing haryanvi cop so well .

his story , which he narrated to mini . he was so in love with his wife , she astonished him & changed him for better .