Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Great please update soon 
Star23 thumbnail
Kalma Fanfiction
Tujse Hai Raabta

Chapter 4
          "Sanjay, Kumar I have been noticing you both for the past few weeks and you both continue to badmouth the ACP. You do realize that if ACP Rane finds out, you both will be punished severely," said Imran, as he walked in on the two officers sitting in a room in the back of the station. The two officers were looking through files and taking notes for a new case. They were looking through old files of Missing Person Cases. There was a mysterious trend of the past two years of children between the ages of five to twelve years disappearing from a few local districts. This station was the Central Jail and most of the old cases were shelved here. Most of the cases were deemed to be unsolvable and believed to be isolated cases, but when ACP Malhar Rane was made the head of the police in this region, a couple brought in a case of their missing daughter. The ACP requested to see old cases of similar merit, the police force under his command was instructed to study all of these cold cases, some as old as fifteen years. The ACP had selected a few select officers into a Unit on the Force which was specializing on analyzing these cases on Missing and Exploited Children. He was working in close cooperation and coordination with the International Foundation of Missing and Exploited Children. There were Psychologists, people working in the computer science field and web technology field, Therapists, Lawyers, Pediatricians, and others who could be of any help in finding the research associated of Missing and Exploited Children cases, or had any familiarity in Missing Persons Cases.
             "Arey Yaar, now that the Bade Saab knows how it feels to be ignored and have someone not live their life by his rules. His wife left him because she could not deal with arrogance and his superiority complex," said Sanjay.
               "Sir, I apologize for their insolence. He has been making these statements for some time and Kumar keeps adding fuel to the fire while I am explaining the sensitive atmosphere, and trying to prevent this."
              "Oh please Dilpreet, we all know how ACP Malhar Rane likes to act like a Tough Guy and his superiority complex is known by all. Just because he is the ACP he thinks he can boss us all around, I am sure his wife got tired of his controlling ways and in her frustration just left him," said Kumar.
            "We all know that Sanjay is notorious for offending and insulting others, I did not expect this from you Kumar, what if the ACP hears you, do you not know how severely you will be punished?" asked Imran as he gave the officers each respectively a serious gaze with a nod acknowledging their presence. "I do not expect this type of behavior from you Kumar, I understand your frustration with the ACP, and the issues with the attitude of the ACP. The ACP's attitude just recently changed, but you have to analyze how difficult and lonely his life turned abruptly."
           "Sir, this is what I have been trying to explain to Kumar and Sanjay. If the ACP hears, they will be disciplined severely," said Dilpreet with a deep sigh.
           "Sir I understand what you mean, but you have to agree that the ACP is responsible for his wife leaving, and it feels nice to see the ACP fall from grace. He always stood on his high horse of Virtue and Responsibility just watching us common folks and lecturing us whenever he deems fit on how to lead a resourceful and virtuous life." said Sanjay.
         Kumar just nodded at the words of Sanjay, agreeing with all words that came out of his mouth. Imran realized he had to separate the two officers before the ACP arrived and heard their criticism. Imran believed they were unfairly judging the ACP, but the ACP's attitude had changed so much, the tension was palpable in the Precinct when the ACP was present. The officers who once looked up to the ACP as a role model and a guiding force now avoided him at all costs and tried to not anger him. The officers rarely talked to him and when they talked to him, it was usually a yes/no question for which his reply was usually a grunt or just a glare. 
             "Dilpreet why don't you take these files to the other room and take notes on how all these cases are similar and also create categories for these cases so it will be easier to classify what type of crimes occurred and under what type of suspicions occurred when a respective case halt in its investigation. We know of the fact that these cases are not isolated cases and we deem that the children may either be kidnapped or their fate may be death. It is up to us to bring these children home and save them from a fate worse then death, and if they have departed this world then we have to deliver the unfortunate news to their families. The families deserve to know the whereabouts of their children. Please organize these files, these children deserve justice." said Imran.
            Dilpreet picked up the stack of files on the eastern end of the table, and looked at Kumar who busy reading through a separate case file. Sanjay was taking notes on a clipboard and had two binders open in front of him. 
            "Sanjay why don't you go into the back office space and help Dilpreet go through these files?" said Imran as he motioned to Dilpreet who nodded and understood that Imran wanted an excuse to separate Kumar and Sanjay.
           Dilpreet opened the door with his right arm with the files stacked and balancing on his left arm. Sanjay followed Dilpreet out of the room and Imran took a deep breathe at Sanjay's receding back. Once the thud of the door reintroduced the silence to the room, Imran sat on a chair across from Kumar who was starting to fill a new application which stated a set of similar cases files stating that the files were looked through carefully, thoroughly, and completely.
             "Dilpreet I would like to address a key issue which concerns me. Do you mind if I ask you a question?" asked Imran.
            "Yes?" asked Kumar as he looked up for a moment to acknowledge Imran's presence.
              "Kumar how was your day today?"
              "Sir my day's going good so far, how is your day so far?"
             "My day's fine too, I have a very important question to ask you if you don't mind."
             Just at that moment the door was pushed open with two officers coming in, Shehryar and Aahil, who were both laughing and acting so carefree as they entered the room.
           "What is wrong gentlemen? How are you this fine morning?" asked Shehryar as he pulled up a chair and sat with his arms on the back of the chair and surveying the room with his signature smirk. Shehryar had clear blue eyes which twinkled and gave him a really youthful look. Shehryar was said to have eyes the color of a clear turqouise ocean, but his eyes could change to a clear, piercing blue like frozen eyes if there was a storm brewing within him.
         Aahil placed his cap on the table and stood against the entrance in the room with his arms in a pretzel by his chest and surveying the room with clear green piercing eyes. Aahil had the eyes the color of a cat which could change color to varying shades of green depending on his emotions.
             Aahil looked over at Imran and Kumar, he realized the importance of their conversation, and he nodded at Imran as if asking if everything was okay.
        Aahil and Shehryar were two young officers who had recently joined the department and were infamous for their linguistic, language expertise, and computer science skills. They were both extremely intelligent and able to hold extremely intellectual discussions and conversations. They both had an air of authority around them, but they both knew when to have a good time and were infamous for their parties. Shehryar was the kinder one of the two and had a happy-go-lucky attitude which led him to become really popular within the Department and the center of attention at gatherings. Aahil had a more matter-of-fact attitude and was the more straightforward one of the two in his speaking manners and actions. He was creative and often thought out of the box when solving cases, while Shehryar would use a combination of cleverness and foxy methods in order to solve cases, making the actions of the offenders against them. Regardless of their opposing attitudes, they were both best friends and close friends with Kalyani Deshmukh.
            "What's up my yaar, how's your day been my man?" asked Shehryar as he put an arm against Kumar's chair's backside and sat down on a chair next to Kumar and outstretched his legs.
           Kumar shook hands with Shehryar and Aahil and smiled at them and said,"I am having a good day, thanks for asking yaar. How are you guys? How did patrol duty go today?"
         There had been signs of increasing gang activity in the nearby neighborhoods which prompted the police to increase the number of police officers on patrol duty and increase the number of patrols per week.
          "The patrol duty was uneventful, we didn't see much action today. But we are did receive news from an Informer about illegal drugs and weapons being transported tonight, so we have to talk to the ACP," said Aaahil.
         "Is the news hundred percent verified and true?" asked Kumar.
        "According to the informer, the news is hundred percent true, he was in the meeting with the top Boss, and he is a part of the group who designed this illegal drugs and weapons transportation across state lines. The loot was illegally received by a crime family in Mumbai and the final destination of this loot is Bangalore. We need to do a raid two hours after midnight in order to catch the gang in action and intercept the illegal loot before it reaches its final destination." said Sheryar.
            "Is the raid going to be tonight?" asked Imran.
            "Well we are certain the raid will be at 2:00 am sharp, but what night it will be, we are still not sure? The informer told us he will call us again in order to update us on any more new information and give us the date for the raid." said Aahil.
           "Do you know which officers will be in the raiding party?" asked Kumar.
          "The details about the raid, who will go, what the plan is, and how we should attack, what weapons will we take, all these decisions are at the digression of the ACP." said Shehryar.
            "What about the officers on this mission? Who will be going on this mission and leading it?" asked Imran.
           "Well first Shehryar and I have to brief the ACP about our findings and let him know the outcome of our search. After our meeting with him, he should be able to design and plan a course of action to take this investigation in the right direction forward. Right now we can just await his instructions." said Aahil.
          "Well there has been an increase in the transport of illegal drugs and weapons, especially on the black market." said Shehryar.
           "And I wonder how you know this?" asked Aahil with a teasing smile.
           Shehryar just gave his signature smirk and shrugged his shoulders. "Kalyani is computer savvy, and well when you know someone who knows their way around the Internet, there are alot of facts one can find."
           "What do you mean by that?" asked Kumar with his curiosity clearly shown on his face.
          "What he means by that is when one knows someone who has a lot of friends and is very popular among her peers, she has a lot of key information," said Aahil. 
            Kumar looked at them both quizzically, he knew they just spoke in code about something, something about their statements was off, but he couldn't put his thumb on which part of their statements meant they were keeping a secret that only the two of them had the knowledge of, no one else knew.
           "Anyways when we do get more information and till the ACP instructs us on what to do next, we should keep this investigation a secret, as they say even walls have ears," said Shehryar with his winning smile which usually led to him control the conversation and made everyone surrounding him feel relaxed.
          "So what are you guys doing, you looked busy when we came in?" said Aahil as he studied the file opened in front of him.
           "Are these the cold cases of Missing Children, are you guys preparing summaries of these case files for the motive of finding Missing or Exploited Children?" asked Shehryar.
            "Yeah, we are going through the files from like ten years ago. The ACP just wants us to organize and classify these files according to how far the investigations of these cases went before they were sealed. Did the cases end in suspicions or certainty of kidnapping, rape, murder, or gone/lost without a trace?" said Imran.
              "The ACP is really taking this case seriously, this shows what a true Leader is, ACP Rane is the epitome of a true Leader," said Aahil.
               Kumar just looked a Aahil, then he looked at the floor, to look up again and survey the room.
               "What do you think, Kumar?" asked Shehryar.
               "About what?" asked Kumar.
                "About what Aahil just said," said Shehryar.
               There was a deafening silence in the room as Kumar just rose from the chair and departed from the room, the echo of the door creating a loud thudding noise in the silent atmosphere in the room. 
                 "Well that went well," said Shehryar as he looked over at Imran.
                 "Dude does your sarcasm ever have a rest?" asked Imran.
                 Shehryar just shrugged as he went over the files, and all three police officers silents worked diligently to get through the piles of cold cases sitting on the table.

The Deshmukh Estate
            Kalyani rocked Pillu on her lap as she studied for the entrance exam for college. Anupriya had now been in jail for some time and had Kalyani promise her she would continue her education. Kalyani was reading through her History books when Pillu started crying. Pillu was lying, playing on his stomach with his toys surrounding him while Kalyani had her books in front of her. Kalyani was given the charge of taking care of Pillu, which just added responsibility on her already young shoulders.
             "Pillu kya hua? Pillu what happened? Is anything wrong?"
             Kalyani moved her books on the side and held Pillu in her arms as she started rocking him back and forth. 
            "Pillu please don't cry, I love you! I love you Pillu, you are the only one in this family spending time with me. You are the only one who listens to what I say, the only one for whom my words have an meaning or definition."
           Kalyani's eyes were getting teary as tears started flowing down her cheeks. She placed Pillu in her lap and put her hand on his forehead. 
          "Pillu are you okay? Pillu do you have a fever. Pillu! Pillu! Pillu, are you okay?"
          Pillu's forehead was extremely warm and he had started to cry and squirm more. Pillu was still an infant and his only communication to show the extremity of his pain was to cry harder.
           "Pillu what am I going to do? What do I do? Ayi is in prison still. Malharji is at the police precinct. Ao Saab is at the Business Convention in Delhi with Dadaji and Mamu, Mommy is shopping, and Godhwaari and her brother are both at school, while Massiji is still sleeping. The only other people at home are the servants, and I cannot bring myself to trust a servant to take you to the hospital. What am I going to do?"
          Pillu's constant crying was worrying Kalyani and she knew she had to get Pillu medical attention, he seemed to be extremely ill. Kalyani hugged Pillu and kissed his forehead and started rubbing his back.
          "I'm so sorry Pillu, I'm so sorry! You are really ill and I can't do anything. If Ao Saab or Malharji find out I left the house without letting Massi know, they will both be extremely angry with me. Massi is still sleeping and she took her medication before sleeping and I cannot just disturb her."
             Pillu had started quieting down, tired of crying, but his forehead was still very hot, signalling his high fever.
              "No, you are right Pillu, please stop crying. Pillu we have to go to the hospital, we are going to the hospital!"
             Kalyani had just recently gotten her licence, but she had never driven a car alone. Her dadaji had just ordered a new Jaguar for her from New York, and the car was not going to be here till another week at least. The only one who truly spoke to her and loved her still was her Dadaji, he was trying to strike a balance in the family, but Ao Saab was the more authoritative one of the two, and her decisions were final as far as the household went.
            Kalyani got up and called out to Manisha. "Manisha, Manisha where are you?!"
           The servant girl hurried into the room and asked, "Is everything okay, Miss Kalyani? Are you okay?"
          "Manisha Pillu is not able to breathe! He is having trouble breathing, he is constantly crying, he is in pain! He's in extreme pain and I am helpless! Manisha I want to help him, I don't know what to do!"
           At this point there were silent tears creating a path down her cheeks, she was holding Pillu tightly in her arms and caressing his forehead. 
          Manisha was about sixteen years old and had a calm composure as she assessed the situation. Kalyani seemed to be in severe distress and Pillu was crying harder ans she was just hugging, kissing, and rocking him trying to comfort him.
         Manisha went up Kalyani and gently forced Pillu out of her hands, and placed him on the bed beside her. She went to side table to take the covering off the glass of water and give it to Kalyani to drink. Then Manisha took Pillu into her arms and started cuddling him to try to calm him. Pillu had silent tears rolling down his cheeks and was now just sniffling. Manisha took a napkin from the box of tissues she had placed beside Kalyani and gently cleaned Pillu's face.
       Once Kalyani had considerably calmed down, her eyes were swollen and red from her tears, and she was drinking water. Manisha studied Kalyani and said, "Miss, I am just going to bathe Pillu and change the infant's clothes."
       Kalyani nodded as she took a deep breathe and laid on her bed for a moment.
        Once Manisha returned with a freshly cleaned Pillu who was now cooing and smiling a bit, but his forehead was still burning.
        "Kalyani, Miss Kalyani, are you okay? Ma'am, are you okay?"asked Manisha, she had laid Pillu on the bed beside Kalyani. He was lying on his stomach and playing with Kalyani's long curls, trying to wake Kalyani up. Kalyani slowly opened her eyes and using the pillows as support, sat up in bed and picked up Pillu. She placed her hand on Pillu's forehead to find out Pillu had an extremely high fever still. 
          "Manisha what should I do? Pillu is burning up, I have to take him to the hospital! He is extremely ill and requires medical attention, I will not allow my Pillu to suffer just because his father is frustrated or angry with me! Malharji's anger can go to Hell!"
            "Miss Kalyani you have to relax, please calm down," said Manisha softly in order to soothe Kalyani's frustration and anxiety.
            Kalyani placed Pillu slowly on the bed as not to disturb her sleep and went into her bathroom to wash her face, then she went into her walk-in closet to select an outfit. 
             Kalyani had a large walk-in closet which led into a larger bathroom which had all the modern amenities. Her walk-in closet was organized by color and classified by brands and organized in a way she could find whatever she wanted in a matter of seconds. 
             Kalyani walked out of her walk-in closet to address Manisha.
             "Manisha I will be taking Pillu to the hospital. Malharji can be as angry as he wants, I am not letting anyone hurt my child, not even an illness. Tell Karan to take out a car, we will be driving to the hospital, he better be ready when I come out with Pillu."
           "Okay Ma'am," said Manisha as she laid Pillu in the center of the bed and placed pillows around him. 
            Kalyani showered, then she changed into a light blue tank top and white shorts with blue heels. Kalyani liked to dress up nicely and look good whenever she went out, and make-up and dressing nice was a part of her everyday routine. 
             Once Kalyani was ready, her hair straightened and makeup applied, she picked up a newly awakened Pillu and started playing with him. 
              "Pillu, I cannot see you in pain, please forgive me for crying and feeling so helpless before. We are going to the hospital now, you will be fine, and soon you and I can play without you being ill."
              Pillu started playing with Kalyani's long curls, as Kalyani picked him up to change his outfit. 
             "I know Malharji will be angry with me for leaving the house without their permission, but at this moment I don't care, you are the most important in my life Pillu, and I will do what I can to protect you."
              Manisha entered the room with Pillu's bag full of his essentials to find Kalyani cuddling a giggling Pillu.
               "Miss Kalyani all is ready, let's go."
               Kalyani nodded as she grabbed her blue purse and holding Pillu in her arms, the girls walked to the waiting Porsche.

Central Police Station, Mumbai, India
            "Sanjay did you go through those documents?" asked Dilpreet, as he watched Sanjay look through the last of the files.
             "Looks like we all done, Yaar. So let's show our notes to Imran to see what he has to say," said Sanjay.
            "Sanjay I wanted to talk to you today about the comments you were making about the ACP. You do realize what an asset he is for our Department? He is loved by all, and the people love him, just when he is having troubles once, you cannot act so disgraceful."
                "Please Dilpreet, the ACP has fallen from grace, he did this to himself, none of us did anything to him. He deserved what happened to him."
               Right at that moment a sub-inspector came in, who gave a salute to his superiors, and reported the results of the patroll that Shehryar and Aahil did to his superiors.
               "Look my man, do you think that the ACP got his just deserts?"
               "Well Sir I feel that the ACP must have done something to his wife to drive her away, what happened to him, happened due to his actions. The ACP is responsible, and he is just hiding his guilt through his harsh attitude," said the young officer.
                His bad luck was the fact that Malhar heard him, and Malhar was already frustrated by the events in his life, and he was having a bad day. Malhar walked toward the three young men with a new purpose, the young officer was still ignorant of the fact that the ACP heard his words...
Star23 thumbnail
Kalma FF
Tujse Hai Raabta

Chapter 5
           Malhar was full with such anger and he didn't know how to keep his anger in control. He walked up to young officer and gripped his left shoulder and gave a forced smile to Dilpreet and Sanjay.
           The young officer turned to see the ACP giving him his signature glare, the ACP's glare could melt icicles.
            "Sir, sir how are you? I was not aware of your presence behind me, when did you come?"
             "Is there a problem with my presence here? Do you have a problem with me being here officer?"
             "Sir there is no problem with you being here, I was just shocked by your presence. Next time you come, please let the person know of your presence before you sneak up on them."
              "Oh, so now I need your permission in order to enter the precinct? I should call you before entering, gain your supreme permission, once your permission has been attained, then I may enter the police precinct. Does that mean I require your permission in order to perform any of my duties?"
              "Sir I did not mean that. I did not know you were behind me, it would have been cool if you let us know that you were listening to our conversation."  
              "Well if I had made you all aware of my presence, then how would I have heard your comments about my marital life?"
              "Sir, you must be mistaken, I meant no harm with my comments, nor was there any disrespect intended."
              "Well, you think my wife left me for the right reasons. According to you, I must be the reason she left me, the reason of her leaving is the abuse I must have put her through. According to your rational, I am the villain in the story, and my wife found her Savior and True Love who protected her and took her away to safety..."
              "Sir please do not interpret my comments of meaning any harm or read into my words too much. I did not mean to offend."
              "Really officer you think I am a delinquent, don't you? I am so foolish and dumb that now I require you to tell me what I should think about what you or anyone else says about me. I must be the villain in everyone's story, and everyone else must be truthful."
               "Sir, I did not mean that, sir, please..." said the young officer as Malhar took a hold of collar and dragged him to the front of the precinct. 
                Sanjay and Dilpreet followed Malhar quietly exchanging looks, the temperature in the precinct had dropped and the tension was palpable. Kumar had been filing some reports in a back office and he rushed out, as well as all the officers present rushed into the large foyer of the police station. 
                 Malhar threw the police officer to the center of the room and looked at him with such contempt, his eyes looked so cold and emotionless, all the officers were taken aback.
                "Do you know that you are only an officer while I am the Assistant Commissioner? You realize you are at my mercy? I have dealt with enough taunting and misery, I will not allow anymore backbiting or gossip about me. I expected more from my Department, I did not expect, nor do I accept this ignorance."
                "Sir..."
               "How dare you interrupt me? How dare you make conclusions about my personal life thinking that you know me, when I have repeatedly told individuals they can comment on my professional life only?"
                "Sir please listen to me..."
               "Kiran please bring me a bucket of water, this young officer needs a lesson on how to respect and obey to authority."
               "Sir please..." said the young officer who had an expression of shock and fear on his fear. He was looking at the ground now and had stopped pleading with the ACP to reconsider his actions. He looked up at the ACP asking for mercy in his eyes, but all was now quiet as the ACP looked at the officers in the Precinct daring anyone to come up to him and say anything in defense of the young sub-inspector. 
              All of the officers were watching the scene unfold in front of them, not daring to say anything in defense of the young sub-inspector, they did not want to anger or frustrate the ACP further. The ACP was short on patience, and he had a light fuse which could implode at any moment, and the officers did not want to risk the anger of the ACP to reach a precipice which could cause him to go into a deep depression. Additionally no one else was interested in being the target of the anger of the ACP, or at the receiving end of the ACP's punishments.
             "Kiran where is the bucket of water? Kiran!!"
             "Sir please reconsider, I am so sorry! Sir please!" The young officer was pleading his case in vain, Malhar was too far gone in his anger and frustration due to the blow that life dealt him, whoever was at at the receiving end of his anger would face his anger with full vengeance.

Anupriya was able to see the scenes unfolding clearly from her prison cell.
           "Malhar Beta you might think I have committed such an unforgivable sin when my only fault was following Sampada and Atharva and bring them back for your reckoning. I just wanted their truth to come out and beta for you to get a peace of mind. Atharva and Sampada's accident was no fault of mine. You blame me for your pain and suffering and gain solace in your anger and frustration and cigarette smoking. I hope you have not started drinking beta, drinking has never helped anyone cover their problems, drinking just causes the wounds to run deeper and the pain to increase. Beta please reconsider your erratic mood wings,and do not let your frustrations take over your life. This young officer is not responsible for your losses and has not done any harm to you. Please do not do something you will regret. Please stop..." whispered Anupriya as tears started running down her cheeks. 
          "Beta please stop, I cannot bear to see your suffering..." whispered Anupriya as she turned to sit on her cot and continued to watch the scene unfolding in front of her as her tears rolled down her cheeks. Anupriya could not bear to see Malhar's life receding into darkness and his demons overtake his being, his whole personality had changed. The Malhar who cared for others and made people laugh was the man of happier times, a former life. The Malhar in front of her was receding into a world of his own personal Hell, receding into a spiral of darkness.
          Anupriya closed her eyes, the tears still streaming down, and covered her eyes with her hand. 

Kalyani was on her way to the police precinct to see the ACP, Pillu was at the hospital under the care of specialists. Kalyani had rushed into the hospital followed by Karan and Manisha. 
         She could remember the events of the morning when they reached the hospital.
          When they reached the elite private hospital, Manisha unbuckled Pillu from the baby-seat and handed him to Karan who opened the door for Kalyani and also took the bag of Pillu's necessities from the backseat. Karan was driving while Manisha and Kalyani were seating in the back with Pillu in the baby-seat between them.
          Kalyani took Pillu from Karan's arms and ran toward the hospital with Manisha and Karan hurrying behind her. When they reached the hospital, the nurses took Pillu from Kalyani's arms and started taking care of him. Pillu seemed to be very ill and the doctors were doing tests on him to figure out why he was ill. While waiting there, Karan brought breakfast from a restaurant for Kalyani, but Kalyani would not eat anything till she got news of Pillu. Kalyani was pacing across the hallway when she heard her name. The doctor who was responsible for Pillu's care, Dr. Ravindra Khurana.
         "Miss Kalyani Deshmukh how are you today?"
         "I am good, very well doctor, how is Pillu?"
         "Well we are doing the tests and the results will come back from the labs in a few days, Pillu is in a critical condition right now, we would like him to see a specialist,. We are lucky to have one of the best-known pediatric cardiologist here in attendance in India for a medical conference. I have contacted him and emailed him the facts of Pillu's case and he has agreed to come to the hospital to meet you."
         "Who is he?" asked Kalyani.  "May I please see my Pillu?"
         Dr. Kumar gave her  a sad smile and said, "Miss Kalyani, it would be best if wait to see Pillu, but if you insist, I will not stop you. Just please remember he is in critical care and it is necessary he be attached to all these machines and tubes. Please do not freak out or panic, you need to be strong for Pillu. Please you are his mother now, and he needs your support."
           Kalyani just rushed toward the room where Pillu was, following a nurse. Kalyani just really loved Pillu, the pain and frustration combined with her anxiety and helplessness did not give her time to register the last words of the doctors. Kalyani had never considered her role in Pillu's life or that he might consider her his mother since she was doing all the duties of a mother, Kalyani had just taken the responsibility of Pillu since his mother had fled with Atharva.
          The nurses gave Kalyani a gown and mask to wear so that the room could remain sterile, free of germs. 
          Kalyani cried out in panic as tears streamed out of her eyes, her beloved Pillu was in the hospital crib connected to IVs, drips, and attached with tubes to various machines. She blew him a kiss to Pillu as her tears streamed down her cheeks and caressed Pillu's hair. 
           "My baby, my love how could this happen? You will be okay! I will make sure you are okay!  I should have brought you in before, this is all my fault! You need to be okay, you will be okay for my sake! You will be fine!"  Kalyani ended up falling asleep while keeping watch over Pillu when Manisha came inside with a nurse.
             Kalyani started crying again when she blew a good-bye kiss to her baby. Manisha led Kalyani outside and handed her tissues and directed her to the bathroom to wash her face, fix her makeup, and make herself more presentable. 
             "Miss Kalyani, why don't you go to see Ms. Anupriya? She must be waiting for you, you always visit her around this time, we do not want her to be worried. She has alot going on for now and it may be best not to burden her with this news and make her worried on purpose since she is in prison and helpless to help us in this situation."
              Kalyani just nodded and played with the Italian food that Karan brought her, she ended up eating a little bit due to the insistence of Manisha. Kalyani stayed mostly quiet, just constantly looking  at the door where her Pillu was being held. 
              "Miss Kalyani, the car is ready, may we go now?" asked Karan as he looked sorrowfully at the young girl. She had seen so much pain, suffering, and injustice in her short life, he hoped the best for her future. At the young age of eighteen she found herself responsible for a child while still a child herself. He just prayed she would be okay. 
             "Go where?"
             "Miss Kalyani go to the Aurangabad Jail to see Ms. Anupriya, do you not visit her everyday at this time? She must be awaiting your arrival, may we go?"
            Kalyani looked at him and then in the direction of Pillu's room, "Do we have to go?"
           "Well Miss Kalyani, Ms. Anupriya may be worried for you. She does not know what has happened and she will be waiting for you. We don't want her to worry, do we?"
           "Who will, who will be here for Pillu? What if he needs me?" asks Kalyani with a look of extreme worry, she was also biting her lip which she started doing when she was extremely nervous or worried."
          At that moment, Manisha returned from Pillu's room after talking to a nurse and saw Kalyani still seated looking in the direction of Pillu's room. She asked Karan why had he not taken Kalyani to Anupriya yet? He just shrugged and Manisha and Karan exchanged worried glances. 
          Manisha proceeded to sit next to Kalyani and put her hands over Kalyani's hand and asked her, "Do you not want to see Ms. Anupriya?"
          "I do want to see Ayi, but what if, what if he need me? What if my Pillu needs me and I am away from him, I promised to take care of him, and I can't risk him getting hurt ever again."
         "Miss Kalyani Pillu is now under the care of expert medical staff, he should be fine. You always visit Ms. Anupriya at this time, she will be worried, please go see her. I promise I will remain here with Pillu till you return."
          "Promise Manisha?! Please don't let anything else happen to my Pillu, I cannot bear to see him in pain."
          "I promise Miss Kalyani, nothing will happen to our Pillu."
         Kalyani nodded then and allowed Karan to take her hand to lead her out of the hospital to the Porsche so that they may go to the Aurangabad Central Jail. 

When Kalyani and Karan reached the Police Precinct she saw Kiran filling a bucket of water. Karan opened the door for Kalyani and Kalyani stepped out and handed her purse to Karan to hold. She walked up to Kiran and gave her a weak smile and greeted her.
         "Hello Kiran, how are you today?"
         "I am good Ma'am, are you looking for Sir?"
        "Yes, may you please let him know I am here?"
        "He is inside right now."
       Kalyani was making her way toward the front entrance of the Police Precinct followed by Karan when Kiran put a hand on her shoulder stopping her from proceeding.
        "Miss Kalyani, the ACP is here but he is not prepared to recieve anyone at this moment. He is disciplining a new police recruit right now. I don't think you should meet him at this moment, he does not seem partial to guests at this moment. It would be best if you..."
      "Kiran what you are saying to me, is that a request or command?"
      "Miss Kalyani I would not dare command anything of you, please- this is a request. Actually a recommendation, I would not recommend seeing Sir now, he is disciplining a new officer, and is not in his best mood..."
      "You mean Mr. Malhar Rane is in a foul mood. He is having one of his mood swings, this means I have to see him. He thinks he can scare everyone and do what he wants, well I have news for him, this will not happen at my watch! Someone has to tell him to backup, I am sure he is not being really kind to the young officer to say the least."
       "Ma'am please don't worry, he is just disciplining the officer..."
      Kalyani saw the bucket of water that Kiran was holding then glared at Kiran who was just biting her lip worriedly with her gaze on the ground. When Kiran would not make any eye contact Kalyani realized that Kiran was worried about something truly, and she knew that Malhar's form of discipline meant some form of torture.
      Kalyani grabbed the bucket from Kiran's hands, she walked to the police precinct with a new purpose, Kalyani did not know what Malhar was doing, but she had had to stop him at this time.
       "Malhar Saab today you will learn to respect, honor, and be kind to others. Loose the Beast persona, I know you are a Beast, but you don't want to tarnish your reputation by being such a Grim Reaper."
         "Kalyani, Ma'am please, what if the ACP hears you?" asked Kiran, as she tried to grab the bucket of water from Kalyani. Kalyani looked up at Kiran with the stern glare, boring her eyes into Kiran.

Kalyani had been been on business trips with Sajirao, and when her Dadaji gave his signature authoritative glare during a business deal, the pathof the business deal would be determined by the emotions of Bajirao. Bajirao was the Master of the chessboard and he would move the chess pieces which would all fall into place by his leave. Bajirao had such a charisma as his grand-daughter Kalyani, he was able to charm his way into making other people believe his opponents would yield to his demands and all would be well for both parties. Kalyani Deshmuck was her grandfather's right-hand, she helped her grandfather on his many business inititatives and was also the heir to a vast part of the empire. 
        Kalyani's father Atul Deshmuck was currently in prison for his crimes and he would not be out for some time. Kalyani had been accepted into the family by Anupriya and eventually her grandparents accepted her. Kalyani was learning about the ways of the Corporate Worls and would one day sit in her grandfather's chair as the head of the Business. Atul's younger cousin and his family were the Chachu, Vivek Deshmukh, and Chachi, Pallavi Deshmukh, of Kalyani Deshmukh. Vivek was an Investment Banker who was known at the International Level and also one of the people running the Deshmukh Fortune. Pallavi was a aerospace engineer who worked for NASA and was on NASA's board of directors. Kalyani's Chacha and Chachi doted on her, but they would both be traveling alot, so they were not at home often to keep watch or protect their niece, but it was Vivek who encouraged Kalyani to enter the Deshmukh Estates business. Sajirao, Pallavi, and Vivek were the reason that Kalyani got any semblance of peace in her life other then the support of Anupriya. Pallavi and her children lived in the States due to her occupation requirements while Vivek traveled between the States and India. Kalyani traveled with Vivek between the States and India and accompanied her Chachu and grandfather on various business trips. Through sitting at meetings of business proposals being discussed and business deals made Kalyani had become an expert in giving a charismatic smile andthe stern look which demonstrated the authority she had which made others obey her.

Kalyani gave Kiran her signature look and smile and said, "Kiran do not worry. The ACP cannot say anything to me, he will do anything, do not worry." Kalyani could see the hesitance on Kiran's face, Kalyani gave Kiran a pat and moved on. She then made purposeful strides toward the entrance of the police precinct. 
     Once Kalyani entered the precinct, she approached the reception area and greeted the officer at reception, the officer nodded when he saw Kalyani's ID and allowed her to enter the police precinct. When Kalyani approached the area where the police officers surrounded Malhar and the young officer being disciplined. The police officers had pained expressions, a few seemed as if they would like to say something, but they all remained silent. Kalyani surveyed the room and her eyes opened wide as she saw the condition of the officer being disciplined. He had cuts on his cheeks and neck and Malhar was pouring water over his head repeatedly with water bottles being overturned over his head. Imran saw Kalyani approaching and looked at her with an unreadable expression and a nod. Kalyani placed a finger over her lips and Imran acknowledged her signal to remain silent. Kalyani snuck behind Malhar and silently approached his chair from a dark corner. Taking a deep breathe, Kalyani poured all the water in the bucket on Malhar...
Srilata.Mineil thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Wow superb start... Loved it... 
Star23 thumbnail

Kalma/ Sehreem Fanfiction

Tujse Hai Raabta

Chapter 6

Office in Mumbai

"Sir we have had losses, the last few investments have yielded no fruits, I apologize for the news. The investors have all asked for additional time for reconsideration, they do not know if they want to invest in our next business venture. We are already loosing clients, and we are in great debt due to the expansion of the business failing. We are sinking and their is not much that can be done unless a miracle occurs Sir. If something doesn't happen soon, we will loose all you and your family worked for."

Sajirao listened to everything his Business Advisor had to say, and talked to everyone else who were the Heads of the various Departments. Akhilye sat on the chair behind the desk while her husband looked out of the window at the horizon as all the workers files out the office post-meeting. The facts of the situation was that their business was failing and a major miracle had to occur. Anything short of a miracle could save their business and it was not going to be easy.

"Akhilye, what do we do?"

"Sajirao you know what we have to do now, you know we have really no options."

"Akhilye we cannot ask them for help! You know all that that has already happened with Malhar, they will never agree."

"The question is not if they agree or not, the question is what we have to do to make them agree."

"What do you mean by that Akhilye?" asked Sajirao as he turned from the window and looked at his wife who was meeting his gaze head-on.

"You know as well as I Sajirao that the Rane family is and are and will always be business-oriented first. You know in the business world, we give them something, then they give something in return. We bargain, we deal, and we have a result which is a compromise essentially which pleases both parties."

"What do you mean by that Akhilye? You do realize that Keshave Rane promised us he would ruin us financially after what Sampada did with Malhar. The Ranes' are not a family to be trifled with, they take their vows and honors seriously. You know that Sampada has dishonored them, and they might have forgiven us since Sampada's untimely demise, but they will not help us in any way or form, they will give us no aid."

"Well Sajirao we will not be asking for aid, we will propose an alliance with them, a business alliance if you suppose, an alliance which will result in a business deal mutually beneficial to both families."

"Akhilye what do you mean by a Business alliance? Why would the Ranes' do a Business alliance or any sort of alliance with us for that matter. You know that the Ranes' do not forgive, but if they do forgive, they certainly do not forget, and Sampada's actions are not going to make them see us as friends or acquaintances even. What type of alliance would you like to forge or you believe is even possible?"

"A family alliance Sajirao, a family alliance.."

Sajirao looked up at his wife to see a determined look set and he knew that her gears were working on a new plan, he would soon find out what they meant by the words family alliance.

New York City, United States: Office of Rane Corporate Unlimited, Inc.

Keshav Rane, the patriarch of the Rane family sat behind in his wide office chair contemplating what the private investigator had just told him. Keshav Rane had hired a private investigator to keep watch over his grandson in India for a short while since he was so worried about him. The Ranes' were so emotional and temperamental and moody, especially the men, Keshav was just so worried that his grandson would something stupid. Keshav and the private inestigator looked up as they both heard knocks on the door. After a second hurried knock, Selina rushed into the room. She looked up to see the private investigator present and she sighed with relief. She sat on an armchair at the far left of the room and took a deep breathe before she addressed both me.

"Papa I have waited for Malhar to call, he has not called me since the past few weeks. The last time he called me was when we were in Milan, and he had been under so much stress. My poor boy is struggling and in such grief and you have told me to wait and give him time to come to terms with his life. I know you told me to wait to hear from him, but poor beta has not called me once. I miss him..." said a weeping Selina. "Papaji I have even taken time off of the hospital, how do you expect me to perform heart surgeries when my son is in pain, his heart is in pain? How do you expect me to take care of other patients, when my own nephew is in such dire straits on an emotional level..."

Keshav passed his daughter-in-law the box of tissues and tried to quiet her down. Selina was so worried about Malhar and her emotions were getting the best of her. At that moment the door opened and in rushed Esfandiar who had hurried from University when he heard news of his mother's health. He slowed down when he noticed his grandfather in the office and first went to shake his grandfather's hand and the private investigator's hand, before rushing to his mother's side and trying to comfort her.

Keshav Rane was the patriarch of the Rane family and the ethos of the perfect gentleman most times. He believed that no matter the circumstances, one had to present themselves with some dignity, decorum, and professionalism. All his family members knew of his rules and tried to act accordingly. In the business word, Keshav Rane had created an image of his himself and his family, and his family was highly respected and honored with a prestigious reputation on the International Level. 

Esfandiar passed his mother a bove of tissues and tried calming her. 

"Mom did you talk to Malhar Bhai again?"

"The problem is that I have not been able to talk to him! He won't pick up my calls, he won't talk to me. What do I do? Where do I go? I don't know if my poor boy eats properly or sleeps properly. He needs me at this moment, but how can I go to him when he won't even pick up my calls. I just want to be with him! I don't know what to do..."

Esfandiar hugged Selina and tried to calm her down.

" Mom you know Bhai is the ACP. He must just be really busy at this time, it's just his job,nothing else. Bhai loves you, he loves us all, just watch everything will be fine."

" But what about my grandson? What about Pillu? 

By this time Selina had calmed and wn a bit and Keshav was hiding his tearful eyes as he looked out the window.

He signalled the private investigator to come closer and spoke to him in a low volume.

"Please keep an eye on Malhar and report back to me, additionally please report any information you have on the Dedhmukh family. You know what I mean by 'information'?"

The private investigator nodded his assent and just vanished in the shadows was he left me large office. 

Keshav Rane loved his family fiercely and would do anything for his family, and punished those who messed with his family...

Keshav turned around and say on his large chair. The Keshav family owned real estate and property in the States. Their New York office was right in the heart of Downtown Manhattan and the Rane family owned much of the Real Estate in midtown and downtown. His office was the topmost floor of the building with a clear view of all of the city, the horizon where the sea met the land.

"Esfandiar please come here," said Keshav as he watched Selina who had calmed down significantly. 

"Papaji you can say what you want to say in front of me, I will not cry anymore I promise. I will see my son soon, all will be fine."

"Beta I have to talk to Esfandiar about his studies, his advisor contacted me, nothing more. Do you not have to get back to the hospital now?"

Selina checked the time on her Rolex and nodded and said, "Papaji you are right, it is time for me to go. It is about time for my next surgery."

Once Selina had left, Keshav took his seat behind the table while Esfandiar sat on the armchair at the opposite side of the desk. 

"Dadaji what did the private investigator say?"

"Well beta, Esfandiar, the private investigator has just updated me on Malhar's condition. Malhar is currently residing with the Deshmukh family while our great-grandson is being taken care of. My greatest hope right now is for Malhar to come to terms with his demons and be able to start over in life. The Deshmukh family will pay for the way they dishonored my family. They will pay for their betrayal, I vow it, they will pay..."

Esfandiar watched his grandfather and nodded in agreement, the Deshmukh's had to pay for their sins...

"Well beta have you gotten around to talk to Malhar? He is not picking up my calls and he will not talk to me, I hoped he had contacted you."

"Dadaji he did not contact me, I wish that Malhar would contact me. I wish that I can talk to Bhai, he is not picking up my calls, nor is he returning my emails. I feel like something is wrong, Bhai needs us, he needs our love and support, but I feel so helpless since he is not contacting us, and I can't do anything to help him."

"Well I do have some interesting facts to share with you, some fascinating details about the Deshmukh family..."

"Dadaji what do you mean by 'fascinating details'?"

"According to what the private investigator knows, the Deshmukh family seem to be in financial straits and their business requites financial assistance in order to stay afloat. There is a high probability of them contacting us. The Deshmukh family requires assistance, the question is now who will they turn to?"

"Are you thinking what I am thinking Dadaji?"

"Let the events unfold as they may, let the chips fall where they may, my boy. Let destiny do its part in time."

Hospital, India

Kalyani sat outside of Pillu's room in the hospital as looked through the window in the room where Pillu was connected to the tubes and machines. There were silent tears rolling down Kalyani's face. Kalyani was wearing a short blue sundress today with wedges and her new clutch. Kalyani sat back down on the chair as she thought of the events which unfolded in the past week. 

"Malharji you should be her today! Pillu needs you, when will you be back?"

Flashes of what happened in the past week flew as shards of glass through Kalyani's memory.

Kalyani watched as Malhar turned around at her to look at her in anger since she had poured a bucket of water over him. Kalyani had felt beyond frustrated at that moment and she wanted Malhar to know how she felt. Malhar had tuned around in anger and started barking out orders. 

"Who dares do this to Malhar Rane?! Who dares!"

Kalyani walked out of the shadows taking purposeful strides, she walked up to the young officer and untied the ropes which confined him to the chair.

Malhar gave her his signature glare, Kalyani just gave him a look of contempt and anger in return. She signaled two officers nearby to help her with the young officer, Malhar watched all this in silence. Kalyani helped the young officer up, he leaned on her shoulder and the shoulder of another officer ans she helped him to a sofa on the opposite side of the room where he could sit comfortably and relax. The officer had minor cuts and bruises on his wrists due to how tightly the rope had been around his hand. He had cuts and bruises on his cheeks and neck and there was a large cut on his forehead which was continuously bleeding. Kalyani quietly took out out the first-aid kit and started administering first aid to the young officer. He had minor injuries and he gave Kalyani a weak smile in thanks. Kalyani smiled back at him then looked back to glare in Malhar's direction.

By this time Malhar had disappeared and the other officers had quietly dispersed to mind their own business.

Kalyani was about finished administering first aid when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Malhar forcefully tugged Kalyani's hand and Kalyani obeyed his silent demand. Malhar motioned for another officer to take Kalyani's place to finish administering the first aid. Kalyani was in pain due to the pressure of Malhar's grip. 

The young officer opened his eyes to see Malhar forcefully taking Kalyani away when he spoke.

"Sir where are you taking the girl? How can you just abuse a girl like that?"

Malhar put up his hand to stop the young officer from speaking, and the new recruit stopped speaking right away.

"One know who is your superior and your boss and secondly check the tone of your voice when addressing your superior. This girl is in my family, that is the most you need to know young man, you have no right to question me about how I address or talk to people in my family. Know your place, and do not dare cross me again... If you dare, then I promise you will greatly regret your decision and recruit I am sure you do not want to be left at my mercy. Remember this as your warning, Malhar Rane never gives anyone a second chance, heed my advice or else..."

With that Malhar turned toward Kalyani and gave her such a dark glare which made Kalyani's bravery and the adrenaline rush she felt all disappear. Kalyani lowered her gaze and nervously started biting her lip as Malharpulled her toward the back of the police precinct.

Once they made their way to the back of the police precinct Malhar threw Kalyani across the room where she fell to the wall. Kalyani had a cut on her forehead and her arm had minor cuts and bruises. Kalyani looked up at Malhar in surprise with silent tears flowing down her cheeks. Hey eyelids brushed her cheeks as she pushed her long hair back and cradled her injured arm. Kalyani leaned against the wall as she looked up at Malhar. Malhar made purposeful strides toward her and sat down to look at her at eye level. Kalyani turned her cheek to the right, away from Malhar. Malhar placed both of his hands against the wall on the left and right side of Kalyani, blocking any route of escape. 

Kalyani started taking deep breathes as her heartbeat started rushing. Malhar drew closer slowly to Kalyani's right ear till she could feel his breathe on her ear. The closer he drew, the faster her heart rate went. Kalyani's hair started blowing slightly and tickling Malhar's face. Malhar slowly patted Kalyan's loose strand back and Kalyani flinched at his touch.

Malhar then took his thumb and forefinger to Kalyani's chin and drew her face in his direction so that he could see her eyes.

Kalyani looked at the dark pools of his eyes with clear nervousness projected through her gaze. Her long eyelashes pressed tightly together sweeping across her cheeks as silent tears continuously fell down her cheeks. Malhar drew a finger across her rosy cheeks in order to clear her tears.

Malhar then took his hand and put pressure on Kalyani's left wrist and held tightly, not realizing her skin had already been injured due to her fall, and she was suffering further pain. Kalyani held his gaze as Malhar cleared her tears and started speaking in a low volume.

"Kalyani please do not disobey me, how can you disrespect me so profoundly in front of my comrades? I have a reputation, a respect I have. How do you think your actions today reflected on my person? I have to control a whole area and I am responsible for the security of so many people and I am the leader of so many officers, but if a member of my family disobeys or disrespects me in front of the officers, how do you think people will see my person?"

Kalyani looked at him and took a deep breathe as she bit her lip once more and shut her eyes tight, she took a deep breathe again and opened her eyes again to meet Malhar's stern gaze.

"I did not mean to disrespect you Bhai, you were hurting the officer and I just wanted to help him..."

"Kalyani I do not want to hear anything at this time, just know the following. When I am in front of my officers, doing something or saying something, you have no right to speak in my business. My word is Law here and no one disobeys my orders, if you disagree with something, let me know privately, do not shame or embarrass me in front of my officers. Do you understand what I just said Kalyani? Did you hear what I stated clearly? I do not want to have to repeat myself ever again, please do not make me."

"Bhai I just wanted to help the officer..."

"Kalyani, did you not just hear me?"

"Bhai please..." Malhar was putting more pressure on Kalyani's injured wrists as Malhar had started holding her other wrist too in a tight grip.

Malhar just held her arms tighter not realizing the pain that Kalyani was in. 

"Kalyani..." he said in a rough voice with a deep growl.

"Yes Bhai, you are right, please you are right, please, you are hurting me..."

Malhar just grunted in acknowledge and gave her a piercing look with his clear hazel eyes and left the room. Once Malhar exited and Kalyani could see his receding back, Kalyani felt her forehead to feel the wound which bleeding profusely, she also cradled her injured arms to her chest as she sank to the floor and cried harder.

Malhar returned after several minutes and cleared her tears from her cheeks. She looked at him silently and closed her eyes as he administered first aid. When he applied the antiseptic, she cried out in pain, and he feverishly whispered apologies for the pain. He with great care bandaged her injuries and applied the medicine. He then gave her a tablet and a glass of water so that the pain could lessen. He fed Kalyani the tablet then supported her head up so that she could drink the water. 

He got up to leave afterwards, but Kalyani sank to the floor due to her pain. She looked at her left ankle which was swollen due to the way she fell and most of her weight landing on her left foot and ankle. 

Malhar saw Kalyani struggling so he picked her up the way a groom would hold his bride and Kalyani placed her hands around his neck. Malhar walked through the halls of the hospital and he drove her to the nearest hospital and picked her up bridal style once again and took her to the hospital room. He departed from the room and the doctor came in, and Malhar left the hospital. Malhar and Kalyani were silent through this whole trip.

Malhar had wandered toward the front entrance of the hospital, got into his Jeep, and drove off toward a beaten road to come to a secluded lot. He got out of his Jeep and in his anger started walking down a secluded path till he reached a nice open area with trees, a picnic spot, and a stream going downstream. Malhar started hitting a tree with his fists till he could not feel the pain. His knuckles had gotten bloodied. Once he had gotten tired of hitting the tree trunk, he turned his back toward the tree trunk and sank to his knees and started crying. 

"Why Sampada, why did you leave me?! Was my love not enough for you?! Why did you do this to me?! Are you happy at what I have turned into? Today I beat a young new recruit an inch of his life, if Kalyani had notbeen theer to save him, I don't know what I would have done! Sapmada are you happy?" 

Malhar continued crying, then he got up in a blind rage and started hitting the tree again. His phone started to ring and this cleared the blind rage he was in. He cradles his injured hand and walked toward his jeep where he picked his phone from the driver's seat and picked up the call to find out it was from the police precinct. Malhar ended up going to the local clinic and going home to pack clothes in an overnight bag and leaving on police work and for a meeting with the Commissioner. Malhar was happy no one was at the Chand Mahal as he was able to get his things from his room and leave in peace without answering or talking to anyone.

That Night at the Chand Mahal 

Once Kalyani had been checked up by the doctor, she rushed to the hospital to check on Pillu, and then by the coaxing by Manisha she agreed to return home for dinner where a 'Family Interrogation' occurred in turn.

"Kalyani where were you all day?" asked her Massi, Sampada's mother.

Kalyani told the family about what happened with Pillu and the subsequent trip to the hospital, omitting all the details of afterwards.

"Kalyani how dare you not take care of my natu properly? What if he got mortally ill, you would want my natu to suffer, you are not his mother, why would you care about him?" said her Massi.

"Massiji, I love Pillu how can you say such horrible things?" cried Kalyani.

The only members of the family available at the Chand Mahal were Aparna, Kalyan, Akhilya and Sajirao.

"Kalyani did I not give you the responsibility as taking care of the young boy after what you did to the boy's mother?" Said Akhilya.

"I did not do anything to Sampada, why will you not believe me?"

"An illegitimate child will never be one's blood. You are illegitimate Kalyani, you can never be truste."

" Ao Saab of course I can be trusted, please do not say such horrible things about my person. My parents were legally married even if you never knew of my mother, please ask Mr. Atul Deshmukh about why he never told you the reality of my mother or the second life he led! My mother will always remain honorable, please stop tarnishing her memory!"

"Like mother, like daughter. Your mother ruined Anupriya's life, you ruined my daughter's life. At least take responsibility for her son and take care of him properly!"

"Massiji what do you mean? What is wrong with you? You do realize that I would never let any harm come to Pillu? I would never allow anyone to harm him, nor would I ever harm him. How dare you even entertain such a thought!"

"Seriously Kalyani do you think we can trust you after all  that happened? You are responsible for all the troubles that have overtaken this family. Since you have come into our lives, our happiness has vanished! My Spampada is gone, and you are the one who is responsible for this family's troubles!"

Kalyani at this moment was in the center of the room, she had fallen to her knees, just silent tears traveling down her cheeks.   

"Poorvinam!" said Ao Saheb, "Stay silent Aparna,we have heard all of your convictions!" Sajirao and Akhilye had stayed silent for most of the exchange as they watched the events occurring before them.

"Kalyani you are guilty as Aparna has charged you, we have tried giving you as many chances as possible, supporting you as a family for many times, but you didn't offer any evidence of your allegiance to this family. You are guilty of so many crimes against this family, and we have given you chances time and time again. Kalyani you have proved that you are the illegitimate daughter of Madhuri and Atul. We thought you would be better, but you have shown your true colors far too many times for me to trust you anymore."

Kalyani looked at three people surrounding her, imploring someone to meet her eyes and trust her, but everyone in the family had turned away from her. Kalyani just sank to the floor and leaned against the wall and brought her head between her knees as she began crying.

Kalyani felt a hand on her shoulders

"Kalyani you will pay for your crimes, you really think that you are innocent, you think that this family will continue to give you chances, you continue to make mistakes, and you believe there are no consequences for your actions. But no more Kalyani, you will pay for your crimes, and Pillu is still in your care, If anything happens to our great-grandson, you will pay the price..."

Manisha helped Kalyani up and led her toward the stairs.

"Manisha Kalyani is not allowed to leave the house, she is punished till further notice."

Manisha just bowed her head in obedience and led Kalyani away

Once they entered Kalyani's luxurious room, she led Kalyani to the bed and had her sit down.

Manisha just looked at Kalyani with worry and turned away to clear her tears as she took a deep breathe and tried to keep her emotions under control and under wraps.

"Ma'am please help me take care of yourself. If you loose all hope, who will take care of Pillu? And what about Anupriyaji? She is still in prison and needs your help. You need to take care of yourself for the sake of your family."

Kalyani just looked at Manisha with a tear-stained face. Her mascara was  running down her cheeks, her hair was all unruly, and her make-up was absolutely a disgrace. 

"What do I do? What do you expect me to do? Do you really think that I have any abilities to help Ayi or Pillu? I am not able to lay any order in my own life, how am I supposed to help others? I am helpless and there is nothing I can do."

Manisha sighed and took a deep breathe and she brought a hand mirror to Kalyani. Kalyani looked at her face and gasped as Manisha tried to hold back laughter. "Manisha I am going to shower and get ready for the day. Please take out two outfits for me, I will choose what I feel like wearing today, and today please take out my purple heels, who know's who will visit today? You are right, Ao Saheb said I cannot leave the house, she did not say that no one can come visit me."

Kalyani had a twinkle in her eye, and Manisha knew that Kalyani was up to something. Manisha just shook her head and turned to walk to Kalyani's large walk-in closet as she started organizing Kalyani's clothes. She selected a short purple sundress with a floral print. The second outfit was a short jean skirt with a blue sequined tank top and a light blue cardigan. 

Kalyani just had changed her clothes and was drying her hair when an angry Malhar entered the room. He walked toward Kalyani with purposeful strides, till Kalyani bumped against the wall and Malhar was the looming figure approaching her...

Hamiltonbhatia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

A very nice ff pls update

Star23 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Kalma/ Sehreem Fanfiction

Tujse Hai Raabta

Chapter 7

Kalyani looked up in shock at Malhar's looming figure, Kalyani slowly walked backwards as Malhar approached her. Malhar had a look of indifference on his face. Malhar had seemed to perfect the art of controlling his emotions, what he felt or how he felt would not be reflected on his face. When Malhar looked at someone, the person would feel that Malhar was gazing into his soul. Malhar's eyes were a deep hazel that could turn a clear green or a dark brown depending on the lighting. Kalyani backed away till she hit the wall and she was shivering all of a sudden and the temperature in the room seemed to drop all of a sudden. The curtains started to blow all of a sudden as Malhar made purposeful strides toward Kalyani. Kalyani touched her bandaged forehead and looked away as she tried to control her beating heart. 

Malhar placed his hands around Kalyani, blocking any chance of escape. Kalyani turned her head away from Malhar as Malhar placed her stray hairs behind her ears. Malhar started patting her hair back and started whispering into her ear. 

Kalyani closed her eyes in fear and turned away from him further, inching away from him, but he just grabbed her right hand and pulled her toward him. Kalyani's hand was twisted behind her back while she looked away from him.

"Kalyani look at me, I want to see your eyes when I am speaking to you."

Kalyani looked up at him and was just staring into the dark pool of hazel, lost in his gaze. 

"Malharji what's wrong? Did...did...I do... something?"

"Kalyani, Kalyani look at me when I am speaking to you."

Kalyani had gazed at Malhar for a few moments then turned away, Kalyani had golden light brown eyes that would turn various hues of golden brown depending on how the light would reflect off of her eyes. 

Kalyani started to bit her bottom lip as she felt Malhar's breathe on her left cheek and ear. Malhar's steel gaze and his calm authority made Kalyani obey his demands. She turned toward him and slowly opened her eyes to meet Malhar's fiery gaze.

"Malharji...Malharji... what is wrong? What happened know? What did I do you?"

Malhar just stared into her eyes and pulled her closer, twisting her wrist without realizing he was causing her pain. 

"Kalyani due to you I have been embarrassed and shamed at the Police Precinct today. You have to respect my authority as the ACP, but you undermined my authority today. You must be punished for what you did..."

Kalyani's eyes just widened as she stared into the dark pools of Malhar's eyes. "Malharji you were hurting the young man, I did not mean to..."

"Kalyani I did not ask you to speak, you are guilty of disobedience and I agree with Ao Saheb's command. Of course there will be consequences for undermining my authority, but right now I have to go away on official Police Duty. When I return from my trip, be ready to face my wrath... I mean my reckoning." Malhar gave Kalyani a cold-hearted smirk with his gaze reflecting no emotions. 

Kalyani just looked at him in awe and they both stood frozen just staring at each other in wonder. Malhar ended up pulling Kalyani closer to his chest and placing further pressure on her already painful wrist.

"Kalyani just listen to me, you will face the consequences when I return, but do not think I will not punish you. You must report to the Police Precinct in the morning, you will be volunteering with a few of my officers and making sure that all duties run smoothly while I am gone. This is not a chance to have fun, remember that, this is a discipline exercise."

Kalyani looked up at Malhar in shock and nodded as she bit back a smile, Malhar did not know that this punishment was more of a chance for her to investigate...

Malhar let go of Kalyani and was about to turn away when he turned toward Kalyani abruptly again, and held her wrist once again with his strong grip. 

"Kalyani you better listen to Shahriar and Aahil, I know you are good friends with them, they love you like their younger sister, so I am leaving you under their protection."

Malhar could see a fire burning in Kalyani's eyes, he pulled Kalyani toward him again and twisted her wrist hard, not realizing he was causing her pain. "Kalyani listen to them, you must obey their orders, and do as they say!! If you disobey their authority or do something that I deem inappropriate or disrespectful, if I hear anyone say anything against you, you will be considered guilty. Their jobs will also be in danger if I hear anyone say you did anything inappropriate or disrespectful. So Kalyani I warn you to think about the consequences!!"

Kalyani bit her lip and nodded as she looked down and tried to act submissive. When Malhar thought she had agreed to his will, he free her arm. Kalyani had grabbed the jug of water on her bedside dresser which was behind her and looked up at Malhar as she stepped away from him, making it look as if she was about to leave the room. Just as it seemed to Kalyani that Malhar was about to leave her alone and she was close to her door, she turned around upturned the water jug in Malhar's direction letting the water pour on him. Malhar just looked at her in shock as the freezing, cold water fell on him. Kalyani immediately ran toward the door to escape and Malhar rushed toward her, but Kalyani was able to elude his grasp.

Kalyani ran through the grand marble hallways toward the back of the Estate till she reached West Wing of the Estate. She just ran blindly with great frustration, anger, and sadness flowing through her tears till she reached Pillu's nursery. Kalyani sat on the bed next to Pillu's crib, and grabbed a framed photo off of Pillu's dresser. This photo was a part of professional portraits done of Pillu two weeks before he ended up in the hospital. Kalyani took her cardigan off and flung it across the room. Kalyani had opted to wear the short tank top and the short jean skirt with the cardigan. Kalyani sat down on the bed with her head settled on the bed mantle with her legs raised toward her chest, she rested her head on her knees as her tears fell freely.

After about crying for half an hour, Kalyani stood up and went to the bathroom attached to Pillu's room and washed her face. She took two framed photos of Pillu with her and walked toward her room on the East Wing. On her way toward her room Kalyani looked up to see Aparna. Aparna looked down her nose toward Kalyani and said, "What are you doing Kalyani? Why are you out of your room? Were you crying? Well it's a good thing you were crying, anyone would cry if they knew they were an illegitimate child. Like mother, like daughter... ruining the lives of happily married men who were already settled in their lives..."

Kalyani just looked away and took a deep breathe as she moved aside to let Aparna pass through, Kalyani was not in the mood to talk to anyone, and she just wanted to be left alone. Aparna grabbed at Kalyani's injured wrist, and said, "Look young lady I don't know what your mother thought you, but in this family you have to obey and respect your elders. You must learn to bow to authority, and respect those that are older then you, especially your family. What has mother thought you? I know that your mother was rude, but do you have anything to say about your behavior?!"

Kalyani closed her eyes and took a deep breathe as she looked up at Aparna. "Massiji, is there anything you require me to do at this moment?"

"What girl, you are now going to show me attitude? Who do you think you are? Never speak to me in such a tone, your mother must have taught you no manners, but I will. I don't know what type of woman Madhuri was, but it's so sad she wasn't able to teach her daughter basic manners. Your mother was a homewrecker and a rude person, but Kalyani hear me clearly- this type of behavior will not be tolerated in this household!"

Kalyani looked up at Aparna and said, "Massiji I have things to do, please, if you require anything of me then tell me now."

Aparna looked at Kalyani with her nose turned upward and said, "Today you have to cook dinner, the chef is waiting for you in the kitchen."

Kalyani looked up at Aparna and nodded as she turned away from Aparna, and she slowly walked toward her room. Kalyani decided to shower and change her clothes. She set Pillu's photos on her dresser. Kalyani turned around on her way to the bathroom and walked to her dresser where she picked up Pillu's recent framed photo, and she kissed the photo and sat on her bed as her tears started to flow once again.

"Why Pillu? Why you? If anything happens to you, what will I do? Where will I go? Ayi is in prison, and you are in the hospital, I have no one to turn to. I have no one in my life who I love more then you or Ayi, but both of you are away from me, and there is nothing I can do to help either of you. What do I do now Pillu? The whole family hates me, and Malharji is not treating me any better."

Kalyani then took a deep breathe and she looked up to hear a knock at her door. Kalyani gave permission to the person who was knocking to enter, Manisha stepped into the room, and she looked up at Kalyani with a weak smile.

"Kalyani ma'am are you okay?"

Kalyani looked up at Manisha and rushed to clear her tears, and Manisha passed Kalyani a small packet of napkins. Kalyani gave Manisha a weak smile and Manisha nodded in understanding and gave a smile in return. Kalyani took a deep breathe, stood up, returned Pillu's picture to her dresser and walked to the bathroom to shower and freshen up. Manisha entered Kalyani's walk-in closet and started organizing her clothes, as well as select two outfits for her to choose from.

The first outfit consisted of a white long-sleeved off-the-shoulder short shirt and black short shorts with black wedges. The second outfit was short yellow sleeveless dress and black stilettos.

Kalyani had decided to wear the short yellow sleeveless dress with black stilettos.

Kalyani grabbed her Louis Vuitton purse and made her way downstairs. As Kalyani went downstairs, she looked up to see Devi rushing up to her. Devi was a middle-aged woman who had been woking for Ao Saheb and the Deshmukh parivaar since she was a young girl.

"Miss Kalyani, Ao Saheb has instructed me to not allow you to leave the house today, you must remain indoors at least till tonight. Tomorrow you may go where ever you want, please..."

Kalyani was about to respond to Devi when Kalyani saw Manisha signal Kalyani with a nod and thumb's up. Kalyani then nodded and allowed Devi to turn her around and lead her back upstairs to her room. 

Columbia University 

Esfandiar was waiting in line with his friends for his Biochemistry lab.

"Esfanidiar today Iftar will be my treat. We will all go to that new place that just opened last week." said Jibrail. Jibrail is half Polish and half Uzbek.

"The new Russian Restaurant?" asked Anastasiya. Anastasiya is from Kazan.

"It's under new management, the New Management is from Kazan and they have added Halal Russian Cuisine to the menu as well as revamped the the whole look and style of the restaurant. The cuisine is epic!" said Irina. Irina is Volga Tartar.

"We still have to study for Midterms, we have to pool our notes together and create a study guide for Organic Chemistry and this class too." said Taimur. Taimur was of Ukrainian descent.

"I know we have to study, but before we sit down for hours conferring about organic formulas, we should all just go out and celebrate the night tonight." said Cihan.

The large group of friends were ready for a night out to town.

"Don't you guys have to pray?" asked Andrew. "The Azan will be called soon, you guys have to get to the Mosque."

The Muslim individuals in the group of friends all went to the Mosque in order to pray Jummuh prayer. After Jummuh prayer, the students went out for lunch to a restaurant a few blocks away from the University. 

"So Eid is about to come, what are you guys planning for the holidays?" asked Anastasiya.

"Are you guys not coming to my house for the annual Eid party?" asked Cihan.

"No, I have to spend this Eid with my family, I will see you guys later," said Esfandiar as he looked down at his iphone, he had just received a message from Malhar.

He excused himself and went to the side in order to call Malhar.

"Bhai, bhai? Where are you? What are you doing? How are you? Mom is really worried about you, you don't call, you don't reply to emails?! How are you?"

Malhar took a deep breathe and smiled as he looked out at the horizon, he was back at the meadow, standing at the end of a cliff looking at the horizon. "I am fine, how is Chachi?"

"Mom is okay, but Bhai she is really worried about you, if you can call her and talk with her once, she would calm down. She is on a roller coaster of emotions, and she needs to hear from you in order to calm down."

Malhar looked off into the distance as he took a deep breath to keep his emotions in check, and cleared his eyes which were glistening with tears, he could not bear to hear that his Chachi was in pain.

"Esfandiar I am calling you to talk to you about something important. Dadaji called me earlier and I was busy, I was unable to pick up thier call, I need you to find out what they wanted to say to me and let me know before I talk tothem."

"Bhai? Bhai, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I am good Esfandiar, just do as I say, we will talk later," Malhar just shot off the phone and shoved into his back pocket.

Deshkumkh Residence

"Manisha no one is home at this time, we can actually go out for a bit..."

"But Madame, what if they come home before  we return?" asked Manisha from Kalyani. Kalyani just looked at her, smirked and made her way toward her balcony where she intended to reach for the tree branch to escape...