Sanya Malhotra in Pataakha- One of the best performances of 2018?

Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure how many here have seen this lovely little film called Pataakha but I feel Sanya Malhotra's performance as Genda Kumari was fabulous and one of this year's finest. She wasn't really that impressive in Dangal imo,maybe because she didn't have much to do but she was a firecracker in Pataakha. I was surprised yet delighted to see how genuine was her portrayal of a girl in a village in Rajasthan. Starting from her accent, the body language, the whole 'A phor- B phor' school teacher dream of hers, the 'Seela, Seela ki Jabaani' dance and every little nuance here and there was so good and delightful to watch on screen. The whole prelude to 'tu jal mere kabootar dekhke' was so awesome.
I find it sad that since the film flopped, no one made a big deal about her performance but the hard work was visible. I felt her performance was right up there with the other best performances of the year like Rani and Alia. Eagerly looking forward to how her future shapes up in Bollywood. 

And incase anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, Pataakha is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Paachaa - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Majority of people did not see this film
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Can't stand movies like this.

Originally posted by: Paachaa

And incase anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, Pataakha is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video.πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks...was waiting for this! Hopefully I will get to check it out this weekend...
Paachaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

Can't stand movies like this.

If you don't mind me asking,why? 
Paachaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Majority of people did not see this film

I know :( It shouldn't have released with Sui Dhaaga or it shouldn't have released in theatres at all. Would do so much better as direct release on streaming site.
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Paachaa

If you don't mind me asking,why? 

Movies like a lot of trash talking...gaali galauj..maardhaad...don't appeal to me at all...I find gaalis very cringeworthy irrespective of the gender...that is why I never watch movies like this one..or GOW...πŸ˜›
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Movies like a lot of trash talking...gaali galauj..maardhaad...don't appeal to me at all...I find gaalis very cringeworthy irrespective of the gender...that is why I never watch movies like this one..or GOW...πŸ˜›

ban this soft hearted kid from the forumπŸ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

ban this soft hearted kid from the forumπŸ˜†

what does not liking gaalis have to do with a soft heart??πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Those who give gaalis are the biggest cowards in my opinion...logic/reasoning nahi hai...toh gaali de doπŸ˜›
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

what does not liking gaalis have to do with a soft heart??πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Those who give gaalis are the biggest cowards in my opinion...logic/reasoning nahi hai...toh gaali de doπŸ˜›

People don't always give gaalis because they cannot win argument.

One is abusing someone because you are angry and another is when it becomes a part of linguistics.

You may not be comfortable with it, but most of the people in their inner circle are, so it is not necessarily a bad thing.
You may not like it, cool no issues.

My earlier post was just a joke.