Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mira25 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: SheToo

I still have to watch BH but loved Surekha ji's utmost natural performances in films like

ZUBEIDA
and specially shyam benegal's classic HARI BHARI.
natural performer to the core

She played a supporting role is Sarfarosh too.
Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I watched Badhai Ho yesterday, didn't know what to expect but it was a really good movie. Loved Neena Gupta too. She had an ethereal presence and so gorgeous even at this age.  And the guy who did her husband's role was funny.  Had no idea Surekha Sikri had acted in so many films earlier or that she is much younger than she acted in the film.   Fun to watch!
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
She was just amazing!! Enjoyed the movie a lot. 👏
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loved this interview. Masand gets some of the best interviews. Badhai ho turned out to be so lovely because of how they let the family dynamics flow seamlessly. Clearly nobody saw a reason to overshadow the other charecter. As she rightly put, everybody had their own little space to perform. Such movies are a delight and a refreshing change from the usual hero heroine trope. Even the kid who played the younger brother had his own thing going on. Apart from the comic aspect, this movie just made me happy as to how script and charecter arc was given the utmost importance. Whatever she said about the movie is so bang on and precisely what worked in its favour. 

Would love to see more movies from the director. I would want some interviewer to ask him as to what prompted him to make Tevar as that movie doesn't seem to fit in his sensibilities at all. Is it him being evolved as a movie director over time or him having to compromise for that big commercial break. We will never know probably! 
Edited by guftagoo - 5 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She is a brilliant actress, she was so good in Balika Vadhu (TV Show).