The brilliance called SUREKHA SIKRI | Badhaai Ho | Masand Intv

Posted: 5 years ago
So I watched Badhaai Ho a few days ago and it was a super entertaining and well enacted film but one performance which has stayed with me for the longest is Surekha Sikri's, who played Daadi in the film! What a fantastic performance by a seasoned actor like Sikri. She isn't even that old but the way she made her body and voice shake like old grandparents do was mindblowing. And her monologue pre climax where she fights for her daughter in law! Uski marzi woh 'sexy' karein!😆
One of the best written roles this year!

Masand also released this recent interview with her so sharing it here.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=k4sedM83rho[/YOUTUBE]

Can't wait to watch the movie...In those couple of seconds of the trailer itself she has made her mark...So she transforms from a whining m-i-l(from what I have seen in the trailer) to a d-i-l supporter by the end of the movie?😆
Surekha Sikri was a sheer delight in the movie and she was the real star of the film.

Most of the film's comedy comes from her who was phenomenal as Dadi. The way she delivered (mumbled herself) the dialogues like a seasoned comedian was pure brilliance. In fact many amusing, funny sequences in the film were lifted by her to another level. 

The whole movies was held together by Sikri, Neena & Gajraj, in that order.

TFS.
Originally posted by cricketfan1

Can't wait to watch the movie...In those couple of seconds of the trailer itself she has made her mark...So she transforms from a whining m-i-l(from what I have seen in the trailer) to a d-i-l supporter by the end of the movie? 😆

Don't miss this one. Well-made slice of life comedies like this are quite rare to come by.
Yes, the scene where Dadi stands for her daughter in law in front of the whole family and shows her love and trust for her is very touching. The film went slightly melodramatic in the later part, otherwise it was a laugh riot.
After watching  her as daadi saa there is no doubt. She used to really scare me as evil daadi saa Edited by SakthLaunda - 5 years ago
Anyone remember her as bhabho in the old school show salon? Bh was definitely one of the better movies of 2018
She was the only saving grace in that borefest TBH, her natural comic timing was impeccable & the only thing that stopped me from walking out of Badhai ho😆 glad she is getting the deserved recognition
She is super brilliant actress..
For me she was the star of the movie. Loved her character and performance.
This was a wonderful interview. How she fluently and coherently put forth her views! Such a lovely and grounded personality who didn't even want to take the due credit for her amazing work and attributed it to the script and filmmaker. She's not just articulate, also has immense knowledge of the craft.

One of the beautifully written and performed roles of this year. Will the award season take note of it? 

Rajeev should handle it differently while he interviews a senior, elderly person and with the much needed restraint. He should give them sufficient time to process their thoughts and answer. As usual, there is a hurried feel throughout.

For those who're exhausted with KWK 'type' chat, this is indeed truly refreshing.