Vinod Rathod to croon for Mr Bajaj

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Vinod Rathod to croon for Mr Bajaj
   By: Tushar Joshi
   July 1, 2005

MERI AWAAZ SUNO: Vinod Rathod and Mr Bajaj
After doing playback singing in innumerable films, Vinod Rathod has now moved on to do playback singing for television.

In his first ever appearance on the small screen, Vinod Rathod has lent his voice for Star Plus's Kasautii Zindagi Kii.

Tonight's episode will see Rathod performing the song  Chupana bhi nahi aata from Baazigar at Mr Bajaj's birthday party. 

He says, "I found it very interesting to sing for Ronit Roy as I have already done playback singing for him years ago in his film Jaan Tere Naam.

This time around, however, it is for a television show." Rathod says that not many people know about Roy's hidden talent of singing. "He is a good singer, and even melodious," says Rathod.

As per the track, it will be shown that Mr Bajaj's daughters throw a secret party for him, and invite Rathod to sing their father's most cherished song. "The song is very apt to the situation in the serial. He is expressing his love, yet he doesn't want to be very vocal about it."

In terms of playback singing Rathod says he has his hands full with lots of assignments and plans to release a solo album sometime in October. "I am working on Munnabhai 2 and Nehle Pe Dehla. There are some really good songs in these movies."

Ask him about what his opinion of Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant is and he says, "He is good, but needs to start working on playback.

Singing for your private album is very different from lending your voice to the leading actors. The day he starts singing for actors like Salman and Shah Rukh Khan, and delivers a hit song, it will be his real success."