Adultery by paulo coelho

2 states

The Alchemist
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Rainy-Season

Same here.  😆

I started reading it as I have seen many Mr. Darcy fans. So, I tried to have a look at the book and trust me I don't think I was able to finish even two pages. It didn't appeal me at all. I don't know why?😕 

In fact, I even forget what I had read then. ðŸ˜†

But now, I don't feel like giving reading Jane Austen books. I doubt I will be able to read them.😕

Same here. I thought I m only one who can't read a Jane austen novel.
I find the writing boring, and just can't enjoy the story when u don't even understand it .
Yes, that's the main issue. It doesn't appeal and hence when I move to the next page, I forget what I have read. 
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

I recently tried reading it. Not fully but just Simon and Isabelle bits present in the books.I didn't felt any problem with the writing style which is my issue most of the time. I feel odd when I can't settle down with the writing. But, for me Cassandra Clare's writing was fine. ðŸ˜Š

But, I really can't comment on the characters as I read the series like students read a book before exams. Just picked up the required paragraphs. ðŸ˜†

I skipped all Jace and Clary scenes who comprised the main part of the story. So, I may not be a perfect judge to the characters as I didn't read their journey fully. ðŸ˜›

That's a weird way to read Mortal Instrument series. I am really curious why you opted for just Izzi and Simon's story ðŸ˜† I honestly did not like Simon at all around the second book. And then the way he was dating Izzi and the warewolf girl at the same time was urgh so annoying 😆
Have you read all the books though? I gave up after the third book ðŸ˜†
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
"Demons in my mind " by Aashish Gupta
BoonAndBane thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Tris007

That's a weird way to read Mortal Instrument series. I am really curious why you opted for just Izzi and Simon's story  😆 I honestly did not like Simon at all around the second book. And then the way he was dating Izzi and the warewolf girl at the same time was urgh so annoying 😆
Have you read all the books though? I gave up after the third book ðŸ˜†

Hahaha. I get what you are talking about the double dating thing. I was expecting more drama when he was caught. I mean some good way of repentance but it never came. ðŸ˜³

Why I chose Simon and Izzy? Well, it's complicated. I will try to explain but I'm bad at explaining. ðŸ˜†
So, I stumbled upon a sneek peek of a show called Shadowhunters which is based on TMI series. I watched a couple of random episodes. There, I kind of liked Simon. So, I searched for his character particularly to know about his story. And there I came to know that Simon and Izzy were the endgame. So, I thought to give them a shot. 
Also, I liked the fact about him was that he wasn't originally made for the Shadow-world. I mean, Clary was a part of it since her birth but he was totally an outsider. So, I liked how he became a part of this world which wasn't his world at first place. 
Plus, I don't know I have a weird sympathetic connection with the characters who are not the leads. I always feel that I tend to like the side-characters more rather than the leads. I was never interested in Jace and Clary at first place. ðŸ˜•
I am really odd with my choices, I suppose. ðŸ˜†

I have read in bits and parts but I have read the TMI series. Wasn't interested in Prequels and Sequels. ðŸ˜³

Though I have read The Shadowhunter Academy and  The Bane Chronicles (again in haphazard way). ðŸ˜†

*SPOILER FOR SHADOWHUNTERS ACADEMY*
Just a fact, if you didn't like Simon here, you will hate him in Shadowhunters Academy because I liked him in TMI but was kind of disappointed with him for the way he shunned Isabelle in first novella. Later, you may find him better. 

Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Hahaha. I get what you are talking about the double dating thing. I was expecting more drama when he was caught. I mean some good way of repentance but it never came. ðŸ˜³

Why I chose Simon and Izzy? Well, it's complicated. I will try to explain but I'm bad at explaining. ðŸ˜†
So, I stumbled upon a sneek peek of a show called Shadowhunters which is based on TMI series. I watched a couple of random episodes. There, I kind of liked Simon. So, I searched for his character particularly to know about his story. And there I came to know that Simon and Izzy were the endgame. So, I thought to give them a shot. 
Also, I liked the fact about him was that he wasn't originally made for the Shadow-world. I mean, Clary was a part of it since her birth but he was totally an outsider. So, I liked how he became a part of this world which wasn't his world at first place. 
Plus, I don't know I have a weird sympathetic connection with the characters who are not the leads. I always feel that I tend to like the side-characters more rather than the leads. I was never interested in Jace and Clary at first place. ðŸ˜•
I am really odd with my choices, I suppose. ðŸ˜†

I have read in bits and parts but I have read the TMI series. Wasn't interested in Prequels and Sequels. ðŸ˜³

Though I have read The Shadowhunter Academy and  The Bane Chronicles (again in haphazard way). ðŸ˜†

*SPOILER FOR SHADOWHUNTERS ACADEMY*
Just a fact, if you didn't like Simon here, you will hate him in Shadowhunters Academy because I liked him in TMI but was kind of disappointed with him for the way he shunned Isabelle in first novella. Later, you may find him better. 

Oh I see! There are more than one reason to go for Simon and Izzy in particular from what I understand. TBH I saw Malec (Magnus and Alec) on I think twitter or something and I watched the show show just for them. Jace and Clary were a joke in the show. On side note, I loved the actress playing Izzy. Her accent is cool! I did not imagine Izzy to be like this in the books really, but I liked this actress here so... idk lol.  And I loved the casting for Simon in the show! Hell, I liked Simon and Clary together way more in the show than I ever did in the book. So, you know what, I can see how they would catch your eyes ðŸ˜†

I did not know there was a series called Shadowhunters academy o.O lol Not like I'll read it. I think I've given Cassandra Clare more than enough chances lol

@bold I think it might be the need to root for the underdogs? For uniqueness maybe? I have supported the, for the lack of a better term, "side-characters" of the real life a lot of times too so I get. I think everyone supports the "others" in different situations (eg. sports, dance competition, love stories, etc) ðŸ˜† 
BoonAndBane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tris007

Oh I see! There are more than one reason to go for Simon and Izzy in particular from what I understand. TBH I saw Malec (Magnus and Alec) on I think twitter or something and I watched the show show just for them. Jace and Clary were a joke in the show. On side note, I loved the actress playing Izzy. Her accent is cool! I did not imagine Izzy to be like this in the books really, but I liked this actress here so... idk lol.  And I loved the casting for Simon in the show! Hell, I liked Simon and Clary together way more in the show than I ever did in the book. So, you know what, I can see how they would catch your eyes  😆

I did not know there was a series called Shadowhunters academy o.O lol Not like I'll read it. I think I've given Cassandra Clare more than enough chances lol

@bold I think it might be the need to root for the underdogs? For uniqueness maybe? I have supported the, for the lack of a better term, "side-characters" of the real life a lot of times too so I get. I think everyone supports the "others" in different situations (eg. sports, dance competition, love stories, etc) ðŸ˜† 

I read the books later than I saw a couple of episodes of the show so I tried to relate or put the show's characters in book ones. 

I too absolutely  love Izzy there. I feel the actress is quite good at her work. I mean I like her acting alot.  ðŸ˜³

Malec grew on me slow but surely.😊

@red: Haha. I knew that but nevertheless I told you. ðŸ˜†

@blue:I am glad that you are able to relate with me. Otherwise, I was feeling like I am  quite odd person.😆😆

ammil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Probably people will throw chappal at me for saying this but I never liked Gone with the Wind, Austen books and MB books ... not even as a teenager 😆
Also some of the famous Tagore novels that are considered classics e.g. Chokher Bali, Two Sisters etc. Tagore's writing is impeccable though... it's the content that put me off...short stories are great on the other hand so are some of the other novels.
Edited by ammil - 5 years ago
BoonAndBane thumbnail
I tried reading The Immortals of Meluha as I have heard lots of praises about it. I picked up the book several times but still I wasn't able to complete it. In fact, I could not even reach halfway.

Edit: It's not that I don't like that book because the book lacked something. I personally found no issue with the writing style or story. The main issue was not being able to visualize Shiva as a human rather than God with many special powers. ðŸ¥±ðŸ¥±

I wish I can see Lord Shiva beyond a God and finish the novel. 
Edited by Rainy-Season - 5 years ago
DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I tried reading The Immortals of Meluha as I have heard lots of praises about it. I picked up the book several times but still I wasn't able to complete it. In fact, I could not even reach halfway.

Edit: It's not that I don't like that book because the book lacked something. I personally found no issue with the writing style or story. The main issue was not being able to visualize Shiva as a human rather than God with many special powers. ðŸ¥±ðŸ¥±

I wish I can see Lord Shiva beyond a God and finish the novel. 

Immortals of Meluha is actually really good once you stop thinking of it the way you are. It took me sometime, but I did it. And once you get in the flow of things, it's very addictive. I adore that book. But, I couldn't finish the last one when I picked it up a few years ago. Maybe cause I was spoiled majorly for this one thing that happens, or maybe it was because it was a little predictable. Whatever. I dunno. But I'm definitely going to try it out again because I loved the first two books so much. :)))