Popular books you don't like

Posted: 1 years ago
Just wondering what are some popular books that you guys have read/tried to read/didn't even go for, and did not like.

I personally tried giving Cassandra Clare so many chances but her characters just never clicked with me. 
I remember not being able to finish The Fault in Our Stars too. A LOT of people love it and I didn't find anything wrong with it tbh but it didn't specifically interest me either.

What about you guys? Any popular book you have an unpopular opinion? LOL
I agree with you on Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" series... I couldn't finish the series.Unhappy

Though I love TFIOS by John Green. It's one of my favourites from young- adult genre. Heart

Fifty Shades of Grey series, I just couldn't get through them. Also, TFIOS as you mentioned. 
TFIOS is definitely the one for me. John Green is not my type of author at all.Ouch
Finished reading it as I have a rule to not to leave a book unfinished but I truly regretted choosing the book. It was pure time waste for me.
Fifty Shades Of Grey. Ermm The writing sucked for me! 
Jeffrey Archer books
Originally posted by Ianoconic

TFIOS is definitely the one for me. John Green is not my type of author at all.Ouch
Finished reading it as I have a rule to not to leave a book unfinished but I truly regretted choosing the book. It was pure time waste for me.
That sounds terrible! I have left few books in the middle because of value difference and hell no regrets. Lot of people don't leave books in the middle. Don't put yourself through the torture D: 

P.S. John Green must be like 'the hate you give' Ouch LOL
Originally posted by Peaceful_Haven

I agree with you on Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" series... I couldn't finish the series.Unhappy

Though I love TFIOS by John Green. It's one of my favourites from young- adult genre. Heart

Where did you stop on The Mortal Instruments? I have so much to rant about my journey of the first three booksD'oh
Did you try The Infernal Devices? It was same as TMI... disappointment at the end. Clare's build ups doesn't end in an exciting way for me.