~ Get Well Soon Roman Reigns ~

Fen1602 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Roman Reigns reveals leukaemia battle on WWE Monday Night Raw with champ 'living with disease for 11 years'

The 33-year-old delivered the shock news to Monday Night Raw - with the crowd visibly moved by his emotional speech.

Reigns, real name Joe Anoa'i told Raw that he has suffered a relapse after battling the illness for 11 years.

Reigns said: "I've been living with leukaemia for 11 years, and unfortunately it's back... I'm going to have to relinquish the Universal Championship."

Reigns, a father of three, opened up the show to declare he must relinquish his Universal title and take time away from the ring.

In an emotional speech, Reigns declared: "I feel like I owe everyone an apology.

"For months, maybe even a whole year, I've come out here as Roman Reigns and said I'd come out here every week, that I'd be a fighting champion, that I was going to be consistent, that I was going to be a workhorse - but that's all lies.

"When I was 22 years old I was diagnosed with this. And very quickly I was able to put it in remission.

"But I'm not going to lie, that was the hardest time of my life. I didn't have a job, I didn't have any money, I didn't have a home and I had a baby on the way and football was done with me.

"But do you want to know who gave me a chance - the team that gave me a chance was the WWE.

"And when I finally made it to the main roster, I was on the road and they put me in front of you, the WWE Universe, and to be honest you all have made my dreams come true.

"And it didn't matter if you cheered me, it didn't matter if you booed me, you've always reacted to me and that is the most important thing and for that I have to say thank you so much.

"But you all know the deal and how life is. Life's not always fair, it's not all peaches and cream. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball.

"And right now, the best thing for me is to go home, focus on my family and my health.

A teary eyed Reigns was joined on the ramp by Shield partners Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose - with Rollins also in tears - before making his way backstage.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fen1602 thumbnail
#ThankYouRoman

Mick FoleyVerified account @RealMickFoley

More

I'm just learning now of @WWERomanReigns leukemia diagnosis. Stunned. I liked and respected him from the moment I met him. Sending my very best wishes and prayers for you, Joe.

Nikki & BrieVerified account @BellaTwins 
More

You're in our thoughts & prayers Joe. You are our Superman! Forever and always! You have an army people standing behind you ready to support and fight with you!N

Florida ManVerified account @WWEBigE 
More

@WWERomanReigns' success was something I aspired for myself since he was an all-conference DT at Georgia Tech over a decade ago. I think of how much he's achieved but far more importantly, I think of his family & loved ones. All the love and strength in beating this, Big Uce.

Stephanie McMahonVerified account @StephMcMahon 
More

I want to show my family, my friends, my children and my wife that when life throws a curveball at me, I am the type of man that will stand in that batter's box, I will crowd the plate,... https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQjLLRhxWS/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1ob02xk5mp2vg ...

Finn Blor forEVERYoneVerified account @FinnBalor 
More

His real name is Joe & he's a stand up guy! Inside the ring one of the best I've battled with. Outside the ring one of the most genuine people I have ever met & learned from. See you soon good brother #ThankYouRoman ( ..and he smells great)

Drake MaverickVerified account @WWEMaverick 
More

Love you Joe #ThankYouRoman

PAIGEVerified account @RealPaigeWWE 
More

Sending all the love to @WWERomanReigns he's a Superman and one of the hardest workers in @WWE and a true leader. #ThankYouRoman

Daniel BryanVerified account @WWEDanielBryan 
More

I've never seen the air sucked out of a locker room like it was tonight. Our thoughts and prayers are with Roman and his family.
#
ThankYouRoman

Renee YoungVerified account @ReneeYoungWWE 
More

Sending so much love to @WWERomanReigns and his family. You're one of the strongest dudes I know and I can't wait to see you back inside that ring. #ThankYouRoman

John CenaVerified account @JohnCena 
More

Courage - strength in the face of pain or grief.' You have given us your everything including a courageously vulnerable moment. We, your WWE family, give you all of our love and support. #ThankYouRoman #NeverGiveUp

Shinsuke NakamuraVerified account @ShinsukeN 
More

Come on #bigdog. After your another fight, let's do this again. #ThankYouRoman https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQxPralkZs/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=recdd1mp6lgu ...

Zack RyderVerified account @ZackRyder 
More

@WWERomanReigns will beat it again...believe that. #ThankYouRoman

Kyle O'ReillyVerified account @KORcombat 
More

#ThankYouRoman for being a huge source of inspiration and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Rebecca QuinVerified account @BeckyLynchWWE 
More

.@WWERomanReigns you are the definition of what it means to be a leader and a champion and one of the toughest lads on the planet. We are all behind you and sending love. You will beat this. #ThankYouRoman

No Way JoseVerified account @WWENoWayJose 
More

Fighting leukemia is tough, But they don't make them tougher than @WWERomanReigns He will beat this again #ThankYouRoman

No Way JoseVerified account @WWENoWayJose 
More

Fighting leukemia is tough, But they don't make them tougher than @WWERomanReigns He will beat this again #ThankYouRoman

Edited by Fen1602 - 5 years ago
Fen1602 thumbnail
Get Well Soon Roman😔Edited by Fen1602 - 5 years ago