Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: AdyaXoxo

I seriously don't understand how I missed to comment on this beautiful piece of work ,
I TOTALLY LOVED IT !
I love the vivacious and bubbly character that Prerna is and I love the opposite character that Anurag really is .
Brooding and intense .
Tha "adorable in the end won my heart :).
Can't wait for more ( this is a usual scenario with all your works

Aw you! Thanks so much, that makes me so happy! 
Ah yes they are complete opposites but hopefully will work well
Nawww that is so sweet
-Rehanna- thumbnail
P.2.
Prerna sat forward, red nails shining under the lights of the opera house as she covered her mouth in awe then moved her hand back to the ruby red velvet chair, her caramel curls framed her face bobbing slightly when her eyes danced across the stage.

A tap on her arm made her move her eyes to the man beside her, a blind date that made her wish she had been deaf so as to never hear a single thing that had came from his mouth. "Yes"

"Look, this is a bit lame, maybe we should get out of here" his brows wiggled suggestively making Prerna swallow back bile

She had saved up for these tickets, loving the opera more than anything she always tried to come once a year, twice when she could afford it. If it wasn't for Tapur bailing on her and setting her up on this date she could have watched the magic in peace but fate was never so kind. "I would like to stay, but I do need the bathroom, excuse me" she needed another seat to sit in to watch in peace, eyeing an empty seat next to a tall man who seemed to be repeating the lines to himself she crept over, caught up in the words she knelt down "And the stars were shining, and the earth was scented. The gate of the garden creaked and a footstep grazed the sand- fragrant, she entered and fell into my arms"

The man peered down at her "Miss Sha-"

"Shh" she hissed, covering his mouth with her hand "He thinks I went to the toilet" for a second she forgot who she was with, too engrossed in the show until his fingers wrapped around her wrist and dropped her hand

"And what has that got to do with me" Anurag raised a brow

"I just want to watch in peace, I noticed the empty chair, may I please"

"It's not like you disturbed my viewing or anything, go ahead" his perturbed gaze remained on her as she shuffled past him and sat down "Bad date" he couldn't stop himself from asking

"Yep and it's all thanks to your sister, she bailed on me tonight and set me up with that man, if you can even call him that, within five minutes he had asked if I would paint him nude" Prerna's voice turned screechy in outrage

"Im assuming you felt uncomfortable, understandable, quite similar to how I felt when you wouldn't stop staring at me"

She opened her mouth, closed it then opened it again but found she was speechless "Listen, I already apologised for that, I think-" she paused when he smirked, realising he was only teasing her

"I took it as a compliment" Anurag leant closer to whisper into her ear only to make her shudder with the feeling of his breath on her skin

"Uh, you should have" Prerna leant toward him only to see her date looking around, quickly she pulled Anurag closer "He's looking for me"

"Oh for goodness sake" Anurag swore under his breath then cupped her cheek, pushing her back so he was leaning over her, his nose swiped against hers unknowingly "Is he gone"

"Y-yes" she stuttered, cheeks flushed and physically unable to look away from him

Straightening his coal black blazer he turned back to watch the opera as it played out. "I can feel you staring, stop"

Unable to deny it she let out a weak "Sorry" trying and failing to focus on the ongoings around her she sighed and put her head back

Anurag moved his head to watch how her eyes fluttered shut "Thought you wanted to watch"

"I do" Prerna tried to defend "I'm just distracted right now"

"Well stop distracting me" he bit out

~'~'~

Prerna threw herself onto her bed, Tapur's brother was the most infuriating man she had ever met, one second he was teasing the next he was cold and ruthless. "I think I have whiplash" she groaned, holding her head

A buzz from her phone made her sit up straight, she hadn't given out her number yet so who had it?

~'~'~

Tapur handed the phone back to Anurag who glanced down at it then looked back up in shock

"You messaged the number saying hi hot stuff, Tapur I told you I would message in my own time and not with something as strange as that" he sighed

"You were never going to message Bhai and she may be the woman of your dreams, I just want you to move forward and sooner rather than later, just try, for me" widening her eyes she pouted, Anurag and Prerna would fall in love if it was the last thing she did, they were made for eachother, they just hadn't noticed yet.

"Fine, fine, I will, but if it doesn't work then no more matchmaker, I bumped into your friend today, she told me how you tried to set her up too, it didn't work well, so if this person is anything like them, I won't be happy" Anurag tapped his fingers on the phone

"Ah yeah, I did, so you bumped into her, how did that go"

"Fine, she talks too much, stares a lot, quite childish if you ask me"

"She's a breath of fresh air Bhai" Tapur left out that might be exactly what he needed.

"Pfft, if you say so, her voice makes my ears bleed, she seems too innocent, it's not good to be like this in this world"

"Maybe she is what the world needs, maybe she is what you need"

Anurag looked up quickly "I do not need anyone, especially not that chatterbox, innocence gets snatched away, the world is cruel and I do not wish to be associated with that, so please Tapur, leave me out of your friendship with her" he stood up walking out of the room

Looking down at his phone Anurag let out a wheezy chuckle at the translated lyrics of Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh. Before he even realised it he was typing back a response hoping to get one equally as quickly

Hey! The Lift will also be updated today and maybe another chapter of this! Have a good day and I hope you enjoyed it!
adyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
It's amazing as usual .
The song hot and cold seems perfect for Anurag ๐Ÿ˜†
I think he is angry at Prerna for making her feel this way
Though I am curries what prompted him to continue the conversation with the "hot stuff
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdyaXoxo

It's amazing as usual .
The song hot and cold seems perfect for Anurag ๐Ÿ˜†
I think he is angry at Prerna for making her feel this way
Though I am curries what prompted him to continue the conversation with the "hot stuff

Aw thanks love!
Oooh it does! 
You may be right;)
Haha because she sent him the lyrics of Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaya.hp

Enjoyable as ever! 

Aw thank you lovely 
-Rehanna- thumbnail
Aw thank you lovely 
-Rehanna- thumbnail
P.3.
Prerna bit into her nails anxiously, she had no idea who had messaged her calling her hot stuff or why she had thought sending the english lyrics of Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh was a good idea, but it couldn't be undone now anyway. Her eyes widened significantly when she got a response she wasn't expecting.

"One message and you're already telling me it's better for us to part, I didn't even have a chance to get your name" Prerna read aloud, pink lips raised slightly "What a strange person, maybe I know them" she quickly typed back a response, crossed her legs and waited

Anurag raised a brow at the response "I dont give my name away to strangers, I may not live with my family anymore but I guarantee you they will find out and i'll be in trouble" he reread her response then settled into the black leather chair in his room

Prerna gasped at the response "We don't have to be strangers anymore, what does that even mean, so I don't know who it is, so then how do they have my number" she tapped her chin, a devious glint in her eye

"Look, i'm quite dumb, so if that sentence meant something else I don't really get it, but if we are strangers, how do you have my number, oh and also I don't even know your name" Anurag chuckled at the text message then looked up at Tapur who swung her head around the corner "Yes"

"Are you texting that woman, how's it going, it's just I heard you laughing and well you don't really do that" she shuffled on the balls of her feet

"She's nice Tapur, does that make you feel any better, i'll try to make friends with her okay" he nodded then glanced over at the calender, a stern expression taking over his features "I'm going out" he barked, stood up and slammed the door in her face

Tapur bowed her head "Forget about her Bhai, how long will you hold yourself responsible"

~'~'~

Prerna hummed softly to herself as she painted, a loud smash made the hairs stand up on the back of her neck, her whole body jumping in fright. Soft doe eyes widened while she reached for the bat she kept close incase things like this happened. Opening her door she crept down the stairs, rolling her eyes everytime they creaked underneath the pressure of her feet. Swinging the bat around the light came on, a scream leaving her lips

Anurag screamed back "Why are you screaming for, stupid woman"

Prerna's jaw dropped "You, what are you doing here and i'm screaming because you just broke into my home"

"Actually" he waved his finger, stumbling forward "The door was unlocked, I fell over, you wanted to paint my eyes, so paint them" he closed his eyes "You should really lock that door, anyone could walk in"

"What like you just did" she tapped her foot impatiently "It's past midnight, how am I meant to paint them when your eyes are closed" she huffed loudly, slapping her head

"I can't open them"

"Why not, because you're drunk" resting her hands on her hips her glance remained quizzical

"Because then I won't be able to" his voice cracked "Won't be able to see her again" Anurag jutted his bottom lip out

"Oh Anurag, see who" she considered calling Tapur but thought better of it, it wouldn't do either of them good for her to see her brother in this state.

"My wife" he swallowed harshly, eyes opening quickly as he gripped her arms and pulled her to his chest, the raw pain in his eyes took her breath away. "Why did she leave me, it wasn't her time"

"I, I don't know Anurag, i'm sorry, maybe we should get you some water" she tried to move away from his hold but to no avail

"I don't want water" he growled "I want her, can you give me that, no of course you can't" he shoved her back making her wave her arms to steady herself. "I am hollow, there is nothing here without her" he shoved his finger into his chest

Prerna's eyes filled with tears, her heart broke for this man, it seemed no one tortured him like he tortured himself. "Why are you here Anurag"

"You said you wanted to paint my eyes" Anurag sat down on a stool, wobbling slightly he smiled up at her "She was just like you, you know, always so innocent, so kind and so pure and the world destroyed her, ripped her apart and threw her to the side"

Kneeling down she sighed "What happened"

"She killed herself Miss Shar, Miss Sharma" he hiccuped "You know why"

Prerna shook her head, a strand of hair falling into her face from the loose bun that sat messily atop her head

"Because" he stopped, unable to speak "Because of me, she is dead because of me and I" his voice cracked "I let her down I couldn't keep her safe, but don't worry Miss Sharma" Anurag raised his head, wiped away a tear and smiled brightly "I won't make the same mistake again, i'll keep you safe, if it's the last thing I do" 
adyaa thumbnail
Holy shit , this is beautiful
adyaa thumbnail
The last line got to me like crazy
Sparklle801 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ˜ญanurag is so heartbroken, dont worry basu pre will take care of you...
Nice update rehanna
Edited by Sparklle801 - 5 years ago