Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
P.1.
<"The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter - often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter - in the eye">~ Charlotte Bronte

Prerna looked down at the square box in her hand "Tapur, you didn't need to-"

"I know, I wanted to, if your work is going to be as famous as I know it will be then you need a phone to keep track of things, and this way you can finally learn to text" Tapur teased, eyes a light caramel colour

"I know how to text, with emojis and all, thank you for this, I promise you'll be the first person I text" Prerna held the light phone in her hand "Now go or you'll be late for lunch with your brother" she shooed her away with her hand

"Prerna"

"Yeah" she looked up a dazzling smile on her lips

"My brother, he isn't as cold as he seems, I know" her face was painted with concern

"If he's related to you Tapur then i'm sure he's great" she conceded "Don't worry, I don't think bad of him"

With a slight nod Tapur opened the door "See you"

~'~'~

"Look, all i'm saying Bhai is, that you need to get back out there, she's gone, dead, how long are you going to keep this up for, you deserve happiness" Tapur didn't mean to raise her voice, but honestly she was worried for her brother, all these years he had thrown himself into work and had absolutely no happiness.

"Look, Tapur, I know that-" Anurag started to speak only to be interrupted again

"Look, there's this thing going on, you pick out a number from a phonebook and see if you can make a connection with them, all I want is for you to try, I even picked it out myself, i'm not pressuring you into dating anyone, but everyone needs company, you don't have to do anything else, please Bhai, i'm worried about you" her eyes shone with tears, bottom lip shaking.

"Tapur that sounds creepy, i'm not messaging a random-" looking over at how sad she looked he let out a sigh, shoulders relaxing "Fine, but no promises"

"Eek, thank you Bhai" she leant forward wrapping her arms around him "I have a really good feeling about this, thank you"

"Yes, yes alright" he huffed, running a hand through his hair "Kids" he muttered under his breath before adding the number to his contacts

~'~'~

Prerna squealed as the paint pot poured down her front "Really, you have to be kidding me, ew it's in my hair, should have just listened to your parents Prerna, art was not for you" she tutted loudly, shaking her head

"Am I interrupting something" a husky voice spoke from behind her making her jump

"Oh, Anurag, sorry, I, um" her cheeks darkened under his accusatory stare, under the low light of her kitchen he seemed even more scarier

"You're late, I was meant to pick up the paintings five minutes ago, so I came upstairs" he dug his hands in his pockets "Don't I atleast get offered a drink" Anurag simpered raising a brow

"Uh, yes, tea or coffee"

"Coffee"

"Black with two sugars I guess"

Anurag's brows furrowed "How did you know"

"Predictable I guess, sorry about the uh mess, god this is so embarassing" Prerna ran her hand down her face

"Uh you have" he pointed to her face "Paint, let me" pulling out a handkerchief from his pocket he swiped it across her cheek "Is this a normal occurrence for you" ?

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable by his close proximity she stepped back "Most days, i'm a klutz"

"I can tell"

"Uh coffee" she handed it to him and stepped back again "So, how are you finding New York"

"It is what it is, I only really came here to see Tapur, i'll stay for a few weeks until business calls again" Anurag shrugged, eyes meeting hers over the cup "You're very strange"

"Excuse me" her eyes widened

"For a woman living in New York, you're very strange, no one uses house phones anymore, your shirt is way too large, your hair is held up by paintbrushes, you stand out Miss Sharma"

Gulping Prerna nodded "Uh yeah I do, but I always have, I love the older things, often I feel I was-"

"Born in the wrong generation, yeah, me too" his gaze was faraway "Thank you for the coffee Miss Sharma, i'll just collect the paintings and be out of your hair" he placed the cup down and walked down the stairs

"Ooh, ooh, cold" Prerna jumped around the floor in her barefeet earning her a confused stare from Anurag

"And shoes weren't a good idea because"

"My toes deserve to be free" as soon as the words had left her mouth she regretted it, covering her mouth quickly, when nervous she had a habit of saying stupid things

Anurag's gaze ran down her body, stopping at her toes "Right, i've never heard that one before, but as I said, strange"

Passing the paintings over Prerna turned her head to focus more on the way his eyes swarmed with emotion, one thought came to mind and before she could stop the words leaving her mouth they escaped "Your eyes are beautiful"

"What"

"Uh, what I mean is, i'd love to paint them one day, if ever you know, you would want to be stared at all day" she moved from one foot to another awkwardly

"Is that not what's happening now"

"Sorry, forget I said anything" god she hated herself

"I think that might be impossible, have a good night Miss Sharma, stay strange" he smirked before walking out

"Was that sarcasm, I didn't even think he was capable of-"

"I can still hear you" Anurag shouted back

"You said stay strange, that is what i'm doing" tugging at the bottom of her sky blue shirt she huffed loudly "God, you gave me a mouth but never taught me how to control it, I bet he thinks i'm crazy" running back up the stairs she slammed the door

Anurag stood leaning outside the glass of the building, a small smile on his face "Adorable" he shook his head, thankful for her ability to make him smile after so long

Edited by -Rehanna- - 5 years ago
Zaya.hp thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Haaye ❤️! *Dreamy eyes*Edited by Zaya.hp - 5 years ago
Sparklle801 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I bet this anurag will be such a passionate lover, and i now thinks i have hots for this bubbly and chatterbox prerna😳, they are so good together, your story has me hooked.. Need and update soon love 
Saumya
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaya.hp

Haaye ❤️! *Dreamy eyes*

So cute aren't they!
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparklle801

I bet this anurag will be such a passionate lover, and i now thinks i have hots for this bubbly and chatterbox prerna 😳, they are so good together, your story has me hooked.. Need and update soon love 

Saumya

Haha you're not wrong there! Same, she is utterly terrific and so endearing! 
Aren't they just! 
Thank you for this love, their certainly will be one soon:)
Koeli thumbnail
Looks promising and interesting.
You have an eye of detailing and I love it.
Love the interesting contrast that you have woven between the two characters.
Bring it on.
Keep me posted if possible.
Thanks and best wishes.
FaizaAndalibC thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
LOVED IT
PLEASE WRITE MORE ON ANUPRE🤗
WILL U PLEASE PUBLISH IT ON WATTPAD😳
I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL TO U IF I WILL GET TO READ THIS STORY IN WATTPAD🥳
Edited by FaizaAndalibC - 5 years ago
adyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I seriously don't understand how I missed to comment on this beautiful piece of work ,
I TOTALLY LOVED IT !
I love the vivacious and bubbly character that Prerna is and I love the opposite character that Anurag really is .
Brooding and intense .
Tha "adorable in the end won my heart :).
Can't wait for more ( this is a usual scenario with all your works
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli_Appy

Looks promising and interesting.
You have an eye of detailing and I love it.
Love the interesting contrast that you have woven between the two characters.
Bring it on.
Keep me posted if possible.
Thanks and best wishes.

Aw thanks lovely! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it so far:)
Ah a perfect clash!
Thank you, best wishes to you top
-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: FaizaAndalibC

LOVED IT

PLEASE WRITE MORE ON ANUPRE🤗
WILL U PLEASE PUBLISH IT ON WATTPAD😳
I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL TO U IF I WILL GET TO READ THIS STORY IN WATTPAD🥳

Aw thanks love! I will do:)
I have tried, Wattpad wont currently let me:)