Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I do agree with most of the points you have stated.Salim's behaviour doesn't resemble that of a 15th century prince in any manner.Actually I am rather confused with his character.What does he want?What are his motivations? All I have seen of him is when he is either being rude or aloof towards his family or when he is obsessing over Anarkali 24/7.What does he plan to do in future,his political acumen,etc is all zero for now.The writers are trying to portray him as some angry young man with Daddy issues but sorry to say it doesn't fit with the characterization of a crown prince of a ruling dynasty.And most importantly when it's such a prominent historical character.All Salim has done till now is get angry without any reason or ramble about Anar,Anar,Anar 24/7. πŸ˜•
Lemme come to Anarkali.She is no different from the typical mahaan FLs of every other daily.Bholi bhaali,abla naari who wants to see everyone happy and who pokes her nose everywhere unnecessarily till a point where it becomes annoying.It's bearable even in a contemporary drama but here they need to understand that she is a kaneez and the palace has a particular protocol to follow.The amount of liberties which Anarkali takes is enough to land her up in prison or worse get killed.

Then comes Ruqaiyya Begum.Okay for once can she just stop her with Mallika E Hind rant?! Even if Daniyal becomes the emperor she can't be Mallika e Hind.Daniyal's wife will be.If this Ruqaiiya had a miniscule of brains then she would have kept Salim at her side instead of plotting to get rid of him.It's highly unnecessary to make her the villain of Salim and Anarkali's story.
Her being the antagonist in Jodha Akbar's story is understood.But this one makes no sense whatsoever.I mean a reigning queen plotting against a kaneez for reason at all? Is it some saas bahu drama going on here? 

Now my frustration with Jodha Begum.I get it.She is the hero's mom so she will be all great and good.But she also needs to behave like Akbar's wife and an Empress first.She is not Rakhee Gulzar who will chant Mera Beta,Mera Beta all the time.Akbar means nothing to her??!Salim's rude behaviour towards her own husband is so easily excusable?
And sorry to say but I am unable to connect with this Jodha-Anarkali bond.Is Anarkali the only kaneez in the goddamn palace? So why is everyone after Anarkali at the moment?

Then comes Anarkali's friend.Today when she was pushing Anarkali towards Salim I was like,'Madam do you want your friend to get killed?!' πŸ˜‘

At the moment,Akbar,Abul Fazl and Maryam Makkani are the only two characters who make sense in this show.

Edited by LawlessLawyer - 5 years ago
Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Lawlesslawyer, when the makers said that this is a "historical fiction", they meant it as a "fiction" in every way. The names of the characters are the only thing that matches with history and nothing else.This is a fictional story of a fictional prince, king and kingdom. It is just a glorification of a cheesy, imaginary love story. Looking for resemblance to "real" people from history is not something that the makers are want the viewers to do, unfortunately. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaavi

@Lawlesslawyer, when the makers said that this is a "historical fiction", they meant it as a "fiction" in every way. The names of the characters are the only thing that matches with history and nothing else.This is a fictional story of a fictional prince, king and kingdom. It is just a glorification of a cheesy, imaginary love story. Looking for resemblance to "real" people from history is not something that the makers are want the viewers to do, unfortunately.  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Lolz πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Then they should have made a contemporary show with this very story.Salim could have been some business tycoon's bigdail aulaad and Anarkali could have been the secretary cum childhood buddy cum obsessionπŸ˜† 
Evil stepmom wants Salim outta the way so that she can hadap the jaydaatπŸ˜†
The CVs could have saved the money which was spent on the sets,VFX and costumes.πŸ˜†
Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

Lolz πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Then they should have made a contemporary show with this very story.Salim could have been some business tycoon's bigdail aulaad and Anarkali could have been the secretary cum childhood buddy cum obsessionπŸ˜† 

Evil stepmom wants Salim outta the way so that she can hadap the jaydaatπŸ˜†
The CVs could have saved the money which was spent on the sets,VFX and costumes.πŸ˜†

A better option would have been them using mythical names and era like the movie bahubali. The series might have garnered better top and viewership. πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ
overactor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Even it was a complete fictional show minus the costume drama, it would still suck. They lack a script, its like coming on sets do something and leave
Sargam10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

I do agree with most of the points you have stated.Salim's behaviour doesn't resemble that of a 15th century prince in any manner.Actually I am rather confused with his character.What does he want?What are his motivations? All I have seen of him is when he is either being rude or aloof towards his family or when he is obsessing over Anarkali 24/7.What does he plan to do in future,his political acumen,etc is all zero for now.The writers are trying to portray him as some angry young man with Daddy issues but sorry to say it doesn't fit with the characterization of a crown prince of a ruling dynasty.And most importantly when it's such a prominent historical character.All Salim has done till now is get angry without any reason or ramble about Anar,Anar,Anar 24/7. πŸ˜•

Lemme come to Anarkali.She is no different from the typical mahaan FLs of every other daily.Bholi bhaali,abla naari who wants to see everyone happy and who pokes her nose everywhere unnecessarily till a point where it becomes annoying.It's bearable even in a contemporary drama but here they need to understand that she is a kaneez and the palace has a particular protocol to follow.The amount of liberties which Anarkali takes is enough to land her up in prison or worse get killed.

Then comes Ruqaiyya Begum.Okay for once can she just stop her with Mallika E Hind rant?! Even if Daniyal becomes the emperor she can't be Mallika e Hind.Daniyal's wife will be.If this Ruqaiiya had a miniscule of brains then she would have kept Salim at her side instead of plotting to get rid of him.It's highly unnecessary to make her the villain of Salim and Anarkali's story.
Her being the antagonist in Jodha Akbar's story is understood.But this one makes no sense whatsoever.I mean a reigning queen plotting against a kaneez for reason at all? Is it some saas bahu drama going on here? 

Now my frustration with Jodha Begum.I get it.She is the hero's mom so she will be all great and good.But she also needs to behave like Akbar's wife and an Empress first.She is not Rakhee Gulzar who will chant Mera Beta,Mera Beta all the time.Akbar means nothing to her??!Salim's rude behaviour towards her own husband is so easily excusable?
And sorry to say but I am unable to connect with this Jodha-Anarkali bond.Is Anarkali the only kaneez in the goddamn palace? So why is everyone after Anarkali at the moment?

Then comes Anarkali's friend.Today when she was pushing Anarkali towards Salim I was like,'Madam do you want your friend to get killed?!' πŸ˜‘

At the moment,Akbar,Abul Fazl and Maryam Makkani are the only two characters who make sense in this show.

Such an interesting thread it's becoming 
Thank u guys for all the history 

But every thing is so confusing in the show
I read somewhere Rukiya beegam didn't have children
Then daniyal and Murad ??     
πŸ€”
And one more lady with Rukiya beegam
Saleema
Who is she? 
She is same 12 years before and after πŸ˜†
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The biggest turn off for me is historical vibes r missing from this show. When I watched it I feel watching some Bollywood scene without proper script. 
I know it's a historical fiction, there is many shows in Indian TV which r nowhere to close of history but still bcz of its content, essence ,aura people feel it's real history 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inlieu

I agree completely about the extreme behavior of Salim. Aside from war tactics, princes were taught royal etiquette too, whether or not they were the heirs to the throne. He seems to display none of that! Instead of Salim's Baghaawat ki daastaan it looks like his Badtameezi ki daastaan. πŸ˜•

I also feel as if they are using the name Anarkali but actually showing the story of Noor Jahan and Salim. She hasn't gotten involved in politics yet but the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if she does at some point. Nur Jahan was also a lady-in-waiting before she married Salim. I'm sure they won't show Salim with many wives, even though he had 20+.

As for the extreme negativity and weird character arcs, I would say this show currently looks like a beauty without brains. Put aside history, this show doesn't even seem to be doing well on the romance front, considering it has been promoted as this mega love story. 

I think they will say later anarkali went away and came back as Nur jahan and married salim after he becamme emperor !!!

I hope they show one or two of his wives but they may show them as scheming women like Ruqaiah and salima 

They may show Man Bai and Jodha Bai aka Jagat Gosian his chief consorts before Nur Jahan came to his life may be

Man Bai and Jagat both were head strong women 

Akbarnama states Man Bai would get angry and throw tantrums  in harem and take offence at everything she felt as slighted  πŸ˜† and in later times addicted to drinks and opium. Salim himself who was himself heavy into wine addiction had adviced her to reduce her drinks and addiction!!!! And after becoming emperor he banned drinking and opium in mughal empire!!!! May be after losing Murad, daniyal and Man Bai to addiction he understood its ill effects and did not want others spiraling down the path. 

Jagat was also very head strong and was very good at answering back etc  

Salim is acting so head strong with Akbar, lets see how he will handle two equally headstrong wives of his in future

Akbars favourite daughter in laws were Man Bai and Jagat Gosain, one his neice(his wife Jodha Bais brothers daughter) and another his childhood friends daughter (and his wife Rukmavathi's brothers daughter) 

Salim was really very close to Jodhpur royalty be it his step mom Rukmavathi or even Jagat Gosain his wife. He even arranged Shah Jahan aka Khurram to marry Jodhpur princess in future(his first wife Manbhavati with whom he had a daughter, his eldest daughter) and later Shah jahan married Dara Sikoh to another Jodhpur Princess (his second wife). Thats how close Akbar, Salim and Shah Jahan were to Jagat Gosains family. And the marriages continued even in later generations too. Its like eldest sons of emperor(next heir) usually married into Jodhpur royalty for many generations. 
But i truly hope if they show Man Bai and Jagat they do not make them villans. Because they were favourites of Akbar, Marium uz Zamani and Salim too. The only two wife whose deaths Salim mourns in his autoiography are Man and Jagat. Rest he just mentions in passing. 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Salim stalking behaviour...pg1
Keerthija thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Salim stalking behaviour is from krpkab..🀣so that we don't miss krpkab.