~Chhapaak Updates Thread~It's A WRAP!!! Release Date - Jan 10 2020!! - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

I'd be really, really, really surprised if this movie doesn't turn out to be a flop. 

The subject is super dark, upsetting, and realistic --- something that makes the general Indian audience squirm. 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: DragonQueen

I'd be really, really, really surprised if this movie doesn't turn out to be a flop. 

The subject is super dark, upsetting, and realistic --- something that makes the general Indian audience squirm. 

if deadpool can have a disfigured main character and do well then why not this 

Originally posted by: priya185

if deadpool can have a disfigured main character and do well then why not this 

You compared a darkly humorous superhero movie with action to a contemporary docudrama about the recovery of an acid attack survivor

Different genres. 

Apples and oranges. 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: DragonQueen

You compared a darkly humorous superhero movie with action to a contemporary docudrama about the recovery of an acid attack survivor

Different genres. 

Apples and oranges. 

I am talking about audience acceptance and commercial success not the genre 

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Ranveer,the biggest crazen😭🤧🤧😂😂https://twitter.com/welovedeepveer/status/1135998751502426112?s=09

aurora-borealis thumbnail

Jan 2020 is such a long wait. 

In response to the discussion taking place, some films are above the box office numbers game and this is one of them. Doubt any fan is expecting earth-shattering box office figures. Just the sheer fact that the team showed initiative to take on such a subject and bring awareness to an important issue plaguing societies across the world, is admirable in itself. I truly hope the film strikes the right chord and fulfills my expectations. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

both pictures are so refreshing..a sense of empowerment, joy and new beginning.

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

https://twitter.com/TeamDeepikaMY_/status/1136790284308664320?s=09

“It was always scheduled to finish in 43 days...A wrap is an emotional experience, more so for #Chhapaak, because everyone working on it made it their own" - Meghna Gulzar

“I didn’t want people to watch this film with their eyes shut, the idea was not to create Laxmi’s face on Deepika but something that would be Deepika’s face had it been scarred the way Laxmi’s was,” - Meghna Gulzar #Chhapaak

“Yes, Laxmi (Agarwal) did visit the set a couple of times in Delhi and has been in constant touch through the writing and the prep. She knows the script and screenplay and is happy that the story is being told." - Meghna Gulzar

"But this isn’t just a story based on her (Laxmi) life, it focuses on the issue in a larger perspective...Yes, this is an important subject, but change comes at a later stage. The first step is awareness and acceptance. Everything else will be a result of that.” - Meghna Gulzar