Tanushree Dutta to Twinkle Khanna: Thank you for supporting me but yo

Posted: 5 years ago
Tanushree Dutta thanked Twinkle Khanna for her support, but questioned her about her husband Akshay Kumar who is currently working with Nana Patekar.

Tanushree Dutta said in an interview with News 18 earlier this week that #MeToo movement will not happen in India until and unless what happened with her in 2008 on the sets of a film is acknowledged. With this statement, Tanushree revealed again, after 10 years the emotional trauma she went through after being attacked on the sets of the film. She said in subsequent interviews that she wants Nana Patekar and Ganesh Acharya to face consequences for what they did to her. Tanushree wants them to be banned from the industry so that it can serve as an example for others.

From Bollywood, Tanushree has received support from Farhan Akhtar, Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Sonam K Ahuja, Priyanka Chopra and Twinkle Khanna. Twinkle Khanna shared a senior journalist's thread about what happened on the sets that day in 2008 and shared that a safe work environment is every woman's right. Tanushree Dutta has thanked Twinkle Khanna for supporting her but has questioned why her husband Akshay Kumar is still working with him. Nana Patekar and Akshay Kumar are currently shooting for Housefull 4 in Rajasthan.

Tanushree told Zoom TV, "Thank you, ma'am, for supporting me but your husband is about to or is even shooting the film with Nana Patekar. What about that?' She further added, "That is the question I am asking and how much of that support is genuine because if it doesn't result in any kind of disciplinary action. They have not apologised to me and they are already spinning lies so when you go ahead and work with them they have the sense of victory.

Nana Patekar's lawyer told Mirror Now today that they will send a legal notice to Tanushree Dutta for making false allegations against Nana Patekar.

Here's Twinkle Khanna's tweet

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/tanushree-dutta-twinkle-khanna-thank-you-supporting-me-your-husband-shooting-nana-patekar-427322