Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amru4krish thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@amru but there are many parents like anjana and wasim. That's why honor killing happens even now.

True shruthi... Hope this kind of mindset changes... 
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Shruti, I liked ur points. For me, Harsh's support for Zoya is more important than Roshna's support for Aditya because Roshna is literally a doormat in her own home. In Hooda house, Zoya will get support from the 3 men while Anjana will be left in the corner. Harsh loves Anjana but he loves Adi too and for him, hurting Zoya means hurting Adi too and he knows Adi will alienate himself from his family once again if Zoya is disrespected. Harsh will make sure to control Anjana atleast for Adi's sake.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Both are important subha. Yes harsh has more power. But roshna will remain a guiding force. A force that stopped adi from self destruction. If he had not stopped that day he would not have got his zoya.
alizia_malik thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Okay again from general point of view. Mostly it is seen that the choice to find the right guy for your daughter takes much more preference over finding the suitable bride for son. I am not saying their is no love equality from parents side but because parents have more fear towards the future of their daughter as that will not be in their hands after marriage but they can treat the Bahu as per their nature. If they are good they can make her feel like daughter and if they are typical sas- sasur they will torture her mentally which happens generally in 21st century too.So while finding Bahu many keeps their Son's preferences above but while searching for Groom they ahd so many criterias which needs to be fulfilled.

That's why Roshnak didn't go by status or Family connections with Arshad's parents because she knows once marriage is done she will have not much say for Zoya's future. she wanted a person for Zoya that can make her alive and happy throughout her life. And she saw that in Aditya.As she said " main apne jigar ka tukda aapke hawale kr rhi hu.. aap dono ek dusre ka dhyan rkhna". Now everything is shifted to hooda's house dynamics and siddiqui's don't have much say in the way Zoya will be treated there only ADITYA has.

Whereas HH Agreed to Aditya's choice because he knows the dynamics of the house will not change but the addition of one person can bring some peace and happiness and that can only happen if Aditya has found the right person , not them.

I don't know whether i make any sense or explained it very well in words what i was trying to pointπŸ˜•πŸ˜†
nayantara. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 A valid viewpoint. 

But I am a bit confused as Zoya has also said she always wanted to be Abbu's good beti. But she wil always be a bit of Roshanaq as she was born of her and her jigar ka tukda. 

I am not sure I like to chose between parents. Both ideally should be equally important in a child's life. 

Other than that its true that mother's like to chose the D-i-l and father's S-i-l and in BP it is the reverse. BP has continued to break all the stereotypes consistently and that is what makes the show so special. 

Zoya thrown out of the house but steadfastly holding Aditya's hand in both her's.Grieving because Zoya has left under such sad circumstances but Roshnaq and Noor realise food is important. Abbu of course has already eaten because he needs to have his BP medicine !! Noor calls Arjun to enquire about Zoya but does not miss out on him not even saying Hello to her !  

There is a very nice WU by @Dragonfly88 on this topic which I am sharing here ' May the odds be in your favour' ...I hope you do not mind...for those who have not read it.

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5031275
shruthiravi thumbnail
Both are important alizia. People are wary of girls who doesn't conform.whom they feel change the status quo of family. With whom son will become joru ka ghulam. I come from joint family.  So more than ladka teek ya nahin I have heard ladki teek ya nahin. Getting a good boy was like lottery. Else it was accepted as fake. As girls anyways had to get married πŸ˜†. One of the things I had to fight. Just because a guy or his family tells they like me don't expect me to conform. I was called a rebel for that one statement. People have advised me I shouldn't be telling that way. Nothing affected and though arranged I married only when i felt my hubby was right for me.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@nayan ideally both parents should have a say. But in certain house like siddiques power equation is really badly tilted so one parent take charge. And hooda house hh and anjana has strange relation. BP does break many stereotypes.
nayantara. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 @shruthi I too come from a joint family and I too was a rebel with a cause. Teaching in a all girl's college and inspiring girls to marry only when they find the right man and not succumb to any pressure ...you can imagine how difficult life can be in a joint family , specially a rigid conservative one. But I rode over the opposition fortunately as my husband was very supportive. 

Zoya will have more than just support and it will be interesting to see her ride  over the tide. 
alizia_malik thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Both are important alizia. People are wary of girls who doesn't conform.whom they feel change the status quo of family. With whom son will become joru ka ghulam. I come from joint family.  So more than ladka teek ya nahin I have heard ladki teek ya nahin. Getting a good boy was like lottery. Else it was accepted as fake. As girls anyways had to get married πŸ˜†. One of the things I had to fight. Just because a guy or his family tells they like me don't expect me to conform. I was called a rebel for that one statement. People have advised me I shouldn't be telling that way. Nothing affected and though arranged I married only when i felt my hubby was right for me.

I guess since i have grown up in secular family that's why i have not witnessed Bahu sahi ho perspective. πŸ˜† My parents only worry is to find good son-in -law and they are not worried about bahu. They say that they will adjust as per her as it is their choice to maintain peace and happiness in home.
alizia_malik thumbnail
@nayantara @shruti how lucky you guys are to find supportive husbands.