A mothers choice of jamai and fathers choice of bahu

Posted: 5 years ago
Guys when anjana told yesterday jo baap ki saagi na hui woh iski sagi kya hogi something struck me. Just putting down my thoughts. Usually a father chooses groom for his daughter and mother chooses bride for her son. I had understood why this happens. Husband is the most prominent person in a girl's life along with father and wife is the most prominent person in a son's life along with mother. So when father chooses his first priority is can I get along with this guy and a mother's first priority can I get along with this girl. Whether son or daughter is happy with their choice is secondary as they expect their child to be happy as they can't go wrong. BP has challenged this norm. Yes zoya went against wasim but aditya is roshnaq choice. One she believes can keep her daughter happy. Zoya told she will be always her mother's daughter. So she is sagi to her mother. The one who is sagi to her mother can't she be sagi to aditya. Why it has to always father's daughter. Again zoya sagi to roshnaq is not seen but felt. Again harsh is fine with zoya and he will warm upto her. When adi was in paris harsh says mera beta hai,mujhse aage sochenga. So adi just anjana's son isn't he harsh too son. Harsh feels his son can be happy with zoya. It is a small thing but i loved how bp is breaking General stereotypes. 
nice shruthi. anjana, waseem are going to play major role in adiya life. zoya never disowned her abbu. saddest part is anjana , waseem love themselfes than any thing.all the choices they will make for there children they will call it love.there ego is bigger than any thing.
@lalita wasim and anjana for their selfish reasons will wreck havoc in their children life.
Very True di. Lovely post😳agree with u completely. Lil diff is adi was roshana's choice but zoya was never papa hooda's choice but strday he understood tht adi can be happy oly  with zoya nd gracefully accepted zoya. after adi , it was papa hooda who brought smile on zo's face strday :) loved tht. Whereas waseem and anjana thinks oly abt themselves and their ego!!😔
"Jo Apne Baap ki sagi nahi ho saki. Woh iski sagi kya hogi" This line from Anjana actually touched a raw nerve. Zoya had been selfish at times but this statement was not valid on Zoya at this instance because this time she didn't choose Aditya over Abbu. Waseem threw her out of the house because she refused to scum to his wishes. Just because she is Waseem's daughter doesn't mean she belongs to him. She is an individual and she has more right on her life than anybody else. 
Waseem is going to lose Zoya in his hatred for Aditya I have this gut feeling Aditya will not play the Sanskari and Khandani damad who bridges gap between his wife and her Abbu. Soon, Noor will follow the suit of course with her mother's blessings. Zoya had learnt from her previous mistake but it's time for Waseem to learn his lesson.
Di i think we hav to create a list for the stereotype things which BP has broken😆sorry couldnot control myself so the list..
Show with actual story tht too unique one
Realistic character sketch 
Not mahaan type leads
True love journey 
Mrg with consent frm both ml and fl⭐️
Strong building of each plot 
Not so big family. Limited characters
No ott drama
No overmakeup
No awkward bgms 
No screen freezing face zooming rolling camera
Not bending for trps no change in base storyline
Supporting characters given importance.

If i hav left out anything anyone can add it😆

@kiru adi was roshnaq choice even before zoya told her choice. Papa hooda was willing to give a chance to zoya. @enlightenme none of bp characters are mahan that includes the leads. What set the leads apart is their need to correct themselves and willing to own up things than blame others. It's a learning curve for them and they are willing to change with each experience. Anjana and wasim are stuck at one point and refuse to move.
@kiru mutual consent marriage takes the cake. Because in every analysis that was something which bugged me. Will cvs go for mutual consent or usual ghista pista majboori shaadi. Hence I told companionship marriage. But cvs went for a normal mutual consent love marriage.
Very nice analysis shruthi... Anjana and waseem are such egoistic ppl ... For them more than the happiness of their children their decision which was not accepted by adiya is what matters a lot... Similar dialogues from both...
Waseem : cheenliya na mere beti ko? Cheeniye

Anjana : fasadiya na mere bete ko? Yahi chahthithi na tu

Oh God... What kind of love they are showering on their children. . For waseem even if Zoya loves Arshad or not she needs to marry him and live life happily because he has decided... As according to him Zoya has done a mistake once... So she is bound to fo it hamesha... What kind of logic is this? 

Anjana is total psycho.mom... She is ok if her son is sad because of zoya's marriage with Arshad... Was also ok if he moves away from her to come out of the Zoya struggle... But she can't tolerate it if her son got true love and his love won after so much struggle ... I don't like Zoya so Aditya should not marry her... 

Is this the parental love they are having? Absolutely ridiculous... 

Roshna and papa hooda stood for their children ... For them adiya's happiness is more important...  Loved papa hooda yesterday as much as roshna who supported adiya wholeheartedly ...

Glad they have one parent sensible and loving... 
@amru but there are many parents like anjana and wasim. That's why honor killing happens even now.