DramaQueen101 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
There are a lot of discussions going around about each of these characters and I am throwing in my two cents.
Let me start with Palak n Ritwik
Ritwik: It's easier to say that don't let the past affect the present. To give him credit, he is working on his problem, trusting his Palak more than an average man does (even after his trust issues). The way he defended Palak in front of his dad is commendable. Love happens faster but Trust takes time to build. A relationship has to mature n grow and trust in a relationship builds when 2 ppl live it together, go thru small n big incidents, understand each other better ..Ritwik trusts Palak. No question about that. But he is also a human.He had expected Palak to be upfront about everything to him And he loves her to moon n back . Hence is possessive. The very thought of her betraying him, kills him. Any relationship needs time to cement and mature. And if couple is surrounded by love n warmth when they are in this phase, the cementing happens faster. The scheming , plotting, misunderstanding, insulting and misleading ppl that Palak and Ritwik are surrounded with now have made the situation very tricky for R & P. He is not wrong to expect honesty from Palak, but has to learn that he needs to give a benefit of doubt to her and chance to explain before coming to any conclusion.

Palak: She had been raised as a very fiercely independent go getter girl. Her dad always believed in her and supported her in whatever she wanted to do. As parents, they never stopped her from gng anywhere or doing anything ( cue: how she went withRicky to bring Setu n Rohit back when they ran away, how she went to look for Setu at Rohit's place) . She has done it whole her life.- Fighting for injustice , has fought against hospital managements, big pharma companies.. she is an absolute bad ass strong girl who will root for the right thing. This aspect of her character is what attracted Ritwik towards her . Life mein pahali baar ek ladki ne Ritwik ki band baja di. For her, an expedition to expose a wayward boss is nothing new. She might not have wanted to clue in Ritwik about it since he would hav reacted in an alpha male way which is cute but would not have helped in exposing him. Sometimes, we all hide some stuff from our partners..esp if someone makes lewd comments or so..we try to handle it ourselves first and if it is beyond us , we clue in our partners or parents. This is bcoz we don't want to involve everybody and get the typical how dare you touch my girl wala drama' for every other pass we get from all the perverts around us . It is subjective to each female what threshold she considers as her limit to handle it on her own. In Palak's case, she is a band bajavo, charlie's Angel type independent girl for whom doing a sting operation is well within her threshold. She has fought bigger battles before. She would have planned to go home and tell casually to Ricky ki mera naya boss mujh pe try maar raha tha, meine aur Setu ne sting operation karke expose kar diya..' . Imagine in a normal scenario, how Ricky wud hav reacted (surprised and amused) if she wud have come home and told something like that. But the problem started when other ppl started creating misunderstanding around this. Palak had no clue that all this will be presented to Ricky behind her back in this manner. Every relationship has its own challenges, Palak n Ritwik's is that they have a lot of ppl around them who don't like them to be together and are hell bent on creating MUs. ImPalak needs to understand her husband is a different person than her parents. He might have different expectations from her. He might be the coolest husband on earth but there might be some things important for him in this relationship. She needs to understand what they are and respect them since they both have to be extra careful since ppl are hell bent on undermining their relationship. She being the cool headed and grounded one among them, has more responsibility to clarify and avoid situations that create MU in future.

Edited by Visionofw - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DramaQueen101 thumbnail
Oops... That's a really looong one...apologies
san2471 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nothing to apologise. Very well analyzed. Its true for many independent girls and since these two did not have a courtship period as such and always had some communication issue or other between them, they need to be extra careful. 
Now that we know the spoilers; it will be nice to watch them talk it out with each other. To give the credit to Palak, she stepped out of Vikrant Raheja's house and the first thing on her mind was to speak to Ritwik. She did express her doubts to him but due to Mama Noon's visit the conversation was postponed. 
geniuslibra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good analysis. ๐Ÿ‘
In my post also I mentioned that this relationship needs time.trusting each other completely takes time. Although I m glad that how Rikki has changed for Palku. He defended her in front of his dad also. More than mistrust it is a case of betrayal, as Rithwik does not expect from Palak that she will hide someting or tell a lie. Its my opinion. 
Palak is an independent girl of today and she was doing right by exposing a man who wants to take advantage of his employees. But I think she could have told Rithwik that there is an official party instead of client meeting.
Edited by geniuslibra - 5 years ago
mar_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Perfectly worded ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Brilliant  and  a big thank you for this post ๐Ÿค—

My hands were itching to write a post on why I feel Palak was not completely wrong in not telling about the sting operation to Ritwik, not anymore though since you have very beautifully worded the characterization of both the characters๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. I'm glad you gave a background to Palak's Charlie's Angel act too. This is how she has been brought up by her parents. Her parents especially her father trusted her with all her decisions. She never thought she was answerable for each and every act of hers to anyone. Now the situation is changing. She has a very loving but an extremely possessive husband. Yes, she'll learn ways of dealing with her husband too she just needs some more time with him.   

Ritwik: I can see where his insecurities are surfacing from but Boy you are once again committing the same mistake again. You are trusting others and their words more than your own instincts/belief. He is allowing others to once again cloud his best judgement. Only if he would have allowed Palak a chance to speak and put forth her reason for doing what she did!! He didn't even give a chance to that woman to speak this time even when she was pleading and swearing that she won't ever do that.  

Yes, Palak needs to learn to be more open and transparent with her husband more than anyone else. Make him your best friend. Similarly Rithwik needs to learn to have a clear and direct conversation with her before hurling any accusations.   
Edited by mar_21 - 5 years ago
DramaQueen101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: geniuslibra

Good analysis.
๐Ÿ‘

In my post also I mentioned that this relationship needs time.trusting each other completely takes time. Although I m glad that how Rikki has changed for Palku. He defended her in front of his dad also. More than mistrust it is a case of betrayal, as Rithwik does not expect from Palak that she will hide someting or tell a lie. Its my opinion.
Palak is an independent girl of today and she was doing right by exposing a man who wants to take advantage of his employees. But I think she could have told Rithwik that there is an official party instead of client meeting.

true that...she should have mentioned party instead of dinner meeting. But then Ritwik might have thought why is going to a party alone or skip the party and let's spend time together at home..may be that's why she said dinner..anyways I hope they both learn some lessons from this experience and come out stronger.
lightnig thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Visionofw .. Good analysis enjoyed reading it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ 

DramaQueen101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lightnig

Visionofw .. Good analysis enjoyed reading it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

thanks [: ๐Ÿ˜Š Edited by Visionofw - 5 years ago
DramaQueen101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mar_21

Perfectly worded๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Brilliant and a big thank you for this post๐Ÿค—

My hands were itching to write a post on why I feel Palak was not completely wrong in not telling about the sting operation to Ritwik, not anymore though since you have very beautifully worded the characterization of both the characters๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. I'm glad you gave a background to Palak's Charlie's Angel act too. This is how she has been brought up by her parents. Her parents especially her father trusted her with all her decisions. She never thought she was answerable for each and every act of hers to anyone. Now the situation is changing. She has a very loving but an extremely possessive husband. Yes, she'll learn ways of dealing with her husband too she just needs some more time with him.

Ritwik: I can see where his insecurities are surfacing from but Boy you are once again committing the same mistake again. You are trusting others and their words more than your own instincts/belief. He is allowing others to once again cloud his best judgement. Only if he would have allowed Palak a chance to speak and put forth her reason for doing what she did!! He didn't even give a chance to that woman to speak this time even when she was pleading and swearing that she won't ever do that.

Yes, Palak needs to learn to be more open and transparent with her husband more than anyone else. Make him your best friend. Similarly Rithwik needs to learn to have a clear and direct conversation with her before hurling any accusations.

thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š
DramaQueen101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: geniuslibra

Good analysis.
๐Ÿ‘

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š