Kundos to Drashti - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago
That's why I always liked how DD doesn't let such haters and abusers effect her and never Reply to them. They morph her pics using nude pics of po*nstars, give her death wishes, pray for Neeraj to divorce her and all, but she keeps herself busy with her work. She really knows how to deal with them else many actors get bashed for replying to such bashing saying why they replied, or got personal with fans and so on.

And about DD not complaining about Nandini, I don't agree. I don't think it's good that she never complains or says anything to cvs about her characters. She needs to stand up for herself and should talk to phs whenever they ruin her characters. She always does whatever they give which I don't think is a good quality, imo. She's too passive and laidback. She herself says she never tries to get roles and just waits whatever comes her way. Even for her dream roles she says she will get if she's gets and even for first time acting job it was given to her. She didn't look for it. Point is she's not ambitious, agressive about her career nor competitive which she should be. Many actors I have heard talk with the Cvs if their characters are getting butchered or sidelined, but dd never says anything which I hate. In MB too the same happened and now here too. But at least in MB even though the character wasn't a kind for viewers to feel for, at least dd used to get powerful scenes and tracks to portray her talent and used to get scope to perform. And even there after revenge, Madhu's character improved tremendously. But here neither the character is great nor does it give dd the chance to perform. Only in the beginning when she was with Rajdeep and esp in the epi when Rajdeep kicked her in her stomach, dd had chance to perform and she was brilliant in that episode. It was a heartbreaking episode and DD acted very well. But since she's been shifted to Moulis house, it's been nothing and on top Cvs have completely ruined her character too. I hope dd changes her habit and does have a talk with the Cvs.

Originally posted by: oldanurprernfan

Nandini had so much scope but cvs ruined the character. They turned into another rona dhona types. Dd should've given the chance to play grey character. We know her strength is emotional scenes but it's getting repetitive yaar. If she was given chance to play role like pc in aitraaz she would've rocked it as she has d looks n body to carry a seductress!

Only weak area is comedy as she goes very ottn isn't natural there. Her stint in jdj wasnot gud at all

I agree. She should've gotten the chance to play grey character because her character actions are in fact grey to black, but Cvs are hell bent on portraying her as white character but I don't think this PH is capable of portraying grey characters which is hard work for Indian phs. They just know how to write white or black characters. This Cvs does the best with simple female characters like Anandi, Jyoti, Gayatri and now Mouli. They even fail with writing good male lead characters so forget writing gray female lead characters.

The only PHs I have seen are capable of are Cinenvistass with EHT and Beyhadh and probably Ekta can too if she tries and wants to do so.

As for comedy, in that jdj she was extremely nervous if you noticed which effected her and her performance too. She probably would've calmed down and gain confidence if she was given more time to but she let go as soon as possible. Watch her as Muskaan in DMG. She was fabulous as Muskaan. I have seen some of her scenes as Muskaan and Rahul, and she was amazing in comedy.
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Darling_

That's why I always liked how DD doesn't let such haters and abusers effect her and never Reply to them. They morph her pics using nude pics of po*nstars, give her death wishes, pray for Neeraj to divorce her and all, but she keeps herself busy with her work. She really knows how to deal with them else many actors get bashed for replying to such bashing saying why they replied, or got personal with fans and so on.

And about DD not complaining about Nandini, I don't agree. I don't think it's good that she never complains or says anything to cvs about her characters. She needs to stand up for herself and should talk to phs whenever they ruin her characters. She always does whatever they give which I don't think is a good quality, imo. She's too passive and laidback. She herself says she never tries to get roles and just waits whatever comes her way. Even for her dream roles she says she will get if she's gets and even for first time acting job it was given to her. She didn't look for it. Point is she's not ambitious, agressive about her career nor competitive which she should be. Many actors I have heard talk with the Cvs if their characters are getting butchered or sidelined, but dd never says anything which I hate. In MB too the same happened and now here too. But at least in MB even though the character wasn't a kind for viewers to feel for, at least dd used to get powerful scenes and tracks to portray her talent and used to get scope to perform. And even there after revenge, Madhu's character improved tremendously. But here neither the character is great nor does it give dd the chance to perform. Only in the beginning when she was with Rajdeep and esp in the epi when Rajdeep kicked her in her stomach, dd had chance to perform and she was brilliant in that episode. It was a heartbreaking episode and DD acted very well. But since she's been shifted to Moulis house, it's been nothing and on top Cvs have completely ruined her character too. I hope dd changes her habit and does have a talk with the Cvs.

I agree she is not ambitious she takes whatever comes her way i also want her to be little choosy while taking up roles.What i meant she didn't throw unneccesary tantrums she do what producers think will be good 4 show.She work for team not for only self.But i do agree she must talk to them if she feels she is not getting what she is being promised.

Originally posted by: _Darling_

I agree. She should've gotten the chance to play grey character because her character actions are in fact grey to black, but Cvs are hell bent on portraying her as white character but I don't think this PH is capable of portraying grey characters which is hard work for Indian phs. They just know how to write white or black characters. This Cvs does the best with simple female characters like Anandi, Jyoti, Gayatri and now Mouli. They even fail with writing good male lead characters so forget writing gray female lead characters.

The only PHs I have seen are capable of are Cinenvistass with EHT and Beyhadh and probably Ekta can too if she tries and wants to do so.

As for comedy, in that jdj she was extremely nervous if you noticed which effected her and her performance too. She probably would've calmed down and gain confidence if she was given more time to but she let go as soon as possible. Watch her as Muskaan in DMG. She was fabulous as Muskaan. I have seen some of her scenes as Muskaan and Rahul, and she was amazing in comedy.

Madz not only muskaan but she was good in geet in comic scenes especially in outhouse scenes.I think she was marvellous in that her comic time was so good but in pardes i found her ott in many scenes so i think it also depends upon director also how to extract the best from the artist .

Originally posted by: oldanurprernfan

Nandini had so much scope but cvs ruined the character. They turned into another rona dhona types. Dd  should've given the chance to play grey character. We know her strength is emotional scenes but it's getting repetitive yaar. If she was given chance to play role like pc in  aitraaz she would've rocked it as she has d looks n body to carry a seductress!

Only weak area is comedy as she goes very ott  n isn't natural there. Her stint in jdj  wasnot  gud at all

Nandini had a scope but you r right cvs spoiled it.I also think she in next show should remain away from crying and all becoz its kind of boring seeing her cry on screen .If nandini was seductress and negetive i believe dd would hv aced it and it could be one of best character of her carrier but anyways hope they give nandini good closure atleast.
@madz i agree with you she was nervous in jdj stint but i don't think she can be that good host.She was improving but even then i think she lacks hosting skills.
I would love to see Drasti as a seductress, actual villian personality who doesn't pretend to be good, and shows immense jealousy to Mauli. Atleast this would justify Nandini's character and not make her look a train wreck. Some of the reasons for Nandini's change is based on mental trauma. Heck with some development, the CVS could've shown alot of instances from Nandini suffering from trauma where her judgement to morality and sanity are no longer there. Her love for Kunal is based on how he's the only male who has shown care/love for her, etc and she no longer has the sanity to wish for friendship, but only for love. That's why she no longer has anything to do with Mauli  other than her being an enemy/rival for her love to Kunal. Friendship no longer matters to her by the timing of her rape/child dying. She lost her sanity at that time.   Nandini rarely cries, and doesn't hide anything from Mauli, exposing herself as greedy, manipulative, ruthless to get what she wants, etc.  Would've love to see DD in that avatar. 

Edited by Sarahbelle - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Sarahbelle

I would love to see Drasti as a seductress, actual villian personality who doesn't pretend to be good, and shows immense jealousy to Mauli. Atleast this would justify Nandini's character and not make her look a train wreck. Some of the reasons for Nandini's change is based on mental trauma. Heck with some development, the CVS could've shown alot of instances from Nandini suffering from trauma where her judgement to morality and sanity are no longer there. Her love for Kunal is based on how he's the only male who has shown care/love for her, etc and she no longer has the sanity to wish for friendship, but only for love. That's why she no longer has anything to do with Mauli  other than her being an enemy/rival for her love to Kunal. Friendship no longer matters to her by the timing of her rape/child dying. She lost her sanity at that time.   Nandini rarely cries, and doesn't hide anything from Mauli, exposing herself as greedy, manipulative, ruthless to get what she wants, etc.  Would've love to see DD in that avatar. 

Drashti would excel in negetive role .She is capable of playing grey character or negetive character if it is written properly and in depth but i feel itv writers are not that capable of writing good grey characters .Well let's wait and watch what cvs have in their mind for nandini

Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Drashti would excel in negetive role .She is capable of playing grey character or negetive character if it is written properly and in depth but i feel itv writers are not that capable of writing good grey characters .Well let's wait and watch what cvs have in their mind for nandini

I think CVS are capable of writing villian level characters atleast considering I find Rajdeep pretty well written and he has depth despite no backstory written  yet. It's just that Nandini is so inconsistent in her portrayal that people are left confused and disgusted by her most of the time. Same with Kunal. Heck Kunal is just pathetic, he just turned grey for literally no reason lol. 

Edited by Sarahbelle - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Sarahbelle

I think CVS are capable of writing villian level characters atleast considering I find Rajdeep pretty well written and he has depth despite no backstory written  yet. It's just that Nandini is so inconsistent in her portrayal that people are left confused and disgusted by her most of the time. Same with Kunal. Heck Kunal is just pathetic, he just turned grey for literally no reason lol. 

Don't know although i dislike both kunal and nandini but unlike others here i hate kunal more than nandini becoz he has made the life of both woman mess and top of that guy foesn't know what he wants in life.