Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Anachronist

Uske alawa aata kya hai , itne saal mein ab movies bhi nahi milti ðŸ˜†

😕 The fact that she is openly criticizing it and asking people for support on issues like that is doing something. She is spreading awareness?? It takes guts to say that knowing people like you guys will criticize her and question her credibility instead of worrying about the important issue. She addressed it in her interview knowing how people will react.  

I love what Frieda said on this entire topic. Things like this happen in the west as well, but at least there is support for the female celebrities, so they are not alone. In India, these actresses will be ignored, mocked, shamed, threatened by majority of the people. The #Metoo movement won't even survive in this forum and we are the educated population. What luck would it have outside?
#MeToo lost its credibility long back when people were punished without investigation and in a lynch mob fashion based on mere accusations. 

And it fell apart after Asia Argento, the face of the movement - was found grooming and sexually abusing a boy whom she called her 'son' in public. She had paid hush money to the kid around the same time, she was accusing Harvey Weinstein on platform. And the other face of the movement, Rose Mcgowan faced huge backlash for asking  "people to be gentle towards her friend Asia and wait for more information" when she used to shame men without even hearing them out. This hypocrisy totally exposed the loopholes n flaws of the movement. 

Same happened with the Feminist professor who was found guilty of sexually harassing a man. 

If you are going to hold a man guilty on mere accusations, the same standard would be applied if a man levels accusations on a woman. It was only about time, the men too started speaking up. This entire issue has become a mess and many dont even want it to be associated with Hollywood. It is open secret that both men and women are responsible for it. 

Look at how many men/women pander themselves to stars and are ready to do anything to get ahead. So, it is hypocritical of them to first feed the menace, take benefit out of it for themselves and then cry foul at a later date. Nobody is innocent in film industry. Neither the men nor the women. 

People should focus on issues concerning women safety of general public because Film industry will destroy credibility of real victims as everyone is shrewd n promiscuous there. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 5 years ago
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

forget about Me too 

India is not even ready to watch EMA concept in a fiction show because people think after watching the show their husbands will start cheating on them ðŸ˜†

I swear it! I dont care about the show as nothing makes sense there but people make it sound like things like that dont exist at all. Instead of accepting the reality , people except goody goody things to be shown and live in a la la land where as reality is way too different. 

OT: Why is everyone bashing Frieda! What she said is unfortunately true. We have a long way to go in terms of people accepting things here! 
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
A lot of times its consensual and after a certain period of time when the attraction wanes off they start #metoo campaign. 
Me too was a success in India. Atleast in the.place i live. Frieda doesn't even live in India yet has to say something or the.other.

Originally posted by: Serendipity..

I swear it! I dont care about the show as nothing makes sense there but people make it sound like things like that dont exist at all. Instead of accepting the reality , people except goody goody things to be shown and live in a la la land where as reality is way too different. 

OT: Why is everyone bashing Frieda! What she said is unfortunately true. We have a long way to go in terms of people accepting things here! 

I never bashed Frieda. I only pointed out that MeToo right now is falling apart even in Hollywood due to the conduct and double standards of those who were leading it. I for once, dont believe that all the women making accusations are squeaky clean or being entirely truthful themselves. I mean Asia Argento made claims on Harvey that he forcefully had sex with her. Then, went to say she enjoyed his company and was with him for 5 years even posing for cutesy hugging pictures. How is that possible? 

Worse, she is now found guilty of being a Pedophile. Right now, all of leading women are busy fighting with each other and exposing themselves more and more. I have a feeling that nothing is going to come out of it as most of the Hollywood cases are consensual sex between Adults. 

The movement was started decades ago by a Afro American woman for real victims but got unfortunately hijacked by the likes of Asia Argento who destroyed its credibility. Now, people dont want it to be associated with Hollywood anymore. 

Edit: I also believe that while there may be a lull in such activities temporarily. Sooner or later, things are going to go back as there are going to be women/men who would like to offer anything for roles and there are going to be women/men who are likely to accept them. And vice versa. Some may use the term "dating" for such activities too. 
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ThunderLight

I never bashed Frieda. I only pointed out that MeToo right now is falling apart even in Hollywood due to the conduct and double standards of those who were leading it. I for once, dont believe that all the women making accusations are squeaky clean or being entirely truthful themselves. I mean Asia Argento made claims on Harvey that he forcefully had sex with her. Then, went to say she enjoyed his company and was with him for 5 years even posing for cutesy hugging pictures. How is that possible? 

Worse, she is now found guilty of being a Pedophile. Right now, all of leading women are busy fighting with each other and exposing themselves more and more. I have a feeling that nothing is going to come out of it as most of the Hollywood cases are consensual sex between Adults. 

The movement was started decades ago by a Afro American woman for real victims but got unfortunately hijacked by the likes of Asia Argento who destroyed its credibility. Now, people dont want it to be associated with Hollywood anymore. 

Edit: I also believe that while there may be a lull in such activities temporarily. Sooner or later, things are going to go back as there are going to be women/men who would like to offer anything for roles and there are going to be women/men who are likely to accept them. And vice versa. Some may use the term "dating" for such activities too. 

Asia Argento as in the woman Anthony Bourdain was seeing? Wait! Is that why he committed suicide because she's a pedophile? Sorry, this is kinda off topic but I'm really behind on pop culture news these days. If that's the reason, makes a ton of sense. Maybe he wanted to put her on blast but couldn't?

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Asia Argento as in the woman Anthony Bourdain was seeing? Wait! Is that why he committed suicide because she's a pedophile? Sorry, this is kinda off topic but I'm really behind on pop culture news these days. If that's the reason, makes a ton of sense. Maybe he wanted to put her on blast but couldn't?

Yes, that is what all are saying that the hush money deal along with pictures of her caught with another man drove Anthony Bourdain to suicide.

What made it all worse is the stark double standards. On one hand, Asia, Rose and others were publicly destroying careers and reputations of men without even hearing them out. 

And the minute the shoe was on other side, Rose was like "asking people to be gentle" " we dont know all the details". Everyone slammed her. 

Asia then made a statement denying that she had sex with Jimmy Benett and blamed the dead Anthony for paying the huge amount. The very next day, she was exposed as a Liar having privately admitted via text to hving sex with the boy along with a picture of the two in bed. 

What made it all creepy was the kind of messages she used to post on social media about the boy. She played his mom in a film. And she literally groomed him for her exploits.

She then went to character assassinate the boy and victim shame him. 

So, everyone started asking how credible these people are? They hv indulged in doing what they used to accuse Harvey of doing and infact were worse bcoz Harvey only dealt with Adults. She was exploiting a boy. 

Another actress who had faced child abuse quit the movement because this victim shaming the boy left her in disgust. 

The evidence against Asia is more than the evidence against the men who were humiliated just based on words. The "movement" is a mess. 

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Serendipity..

seriously

People are behaving as if its some biggest Crime to show EMA , bigger crime than a murder , they are getting so touchy about the subject , so much hate ... my god ... they don't behave this way when they see abusive husbands in shows or Rapes or Murders . They are bashing the actors for playing these roles 🤢 . They are not ready to watch this subject as if it doesn't exist in the world and by watching it their husbands will start cheating on them. 

people don't want to accept this bitter truth . 
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Instead of mocking her, we need to introspect as to why actresses don't come forward and talk about their experiences. In a country like India with an industry like Bollywood that objectifies women's bodies at every given chance, is it really possible for there to be no cases similar to that of Weinstein? It's a Pandora's box that no one dares to open because of obvious reasons.
 An A lister Aishwarya who dared to speak about physical, mental abuse by her superstar boyfriend Salman instead of being supported was thrown out of a film by another superstar SRK to save himself from any monetary loss. Such is the culture in this industry. 
People sleep with their own will to get fame. If they want to expose they should expose them when such offers r made. They sleep their way to the top and then cry foul. I can't support any man or woman who slept in the name of ambition and then act victim sorry