heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
The new Hindi releases Laila Majnu and Paltan had very low collections 

Paltan is directed by J.P Dutta who has epic films behind him like Ghulami, Border and others but obviously the same magic is not there anymore. Paltan has grossed around 1.15-1.25 crore nett on day one. This collection is in the same range as the MEGA BLOCKBUSTER Border released way back in 1997 which grossed 1.12 crore nett. Border smashed all initial records at the box office but Paltan will be doing nothing at the box office.

Laila Majnu grossed a very poor 30 lakhs nett and is going nowhere. The audience has an image of Laila Majnu in their mind and the trailer of this film hardly matched the image. There was a film of the same name released in 1976 which was a BLOCKBUSTER and the lifetime business of this Laila Majnu will remain well short of the 1976 film and we dont mean adjusted collections but non adjusted figures.

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4253

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
My friend is obsessed with Laila Majnu.. she loves it 🤔
I hope the movie picks up
heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arwen.

My friend is obsessed with Laila Majnu.. she loves it 🤔
I hope the movie picks up

She watched such a film on the first day itself ðŸ˜²
Kyun banti hai ye filmein...
Kaun banata hai inhe.
minu_8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Where are all those nepotism haters?(speaking in general not just IF)Why didn't they watch the outsiders film to encourage them?? Compare it with dhadak which got good opening.. bas give lecture about giving outsiders a chance.. producers should risk loss bcos people who will not even go to see the movies with newcomers will bash them? I believe Laila majnu  music was also appreciated and reviews are decent and even the actors have been.praised..  Edited by minu_8 - 5 years ago
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Even I want to watch the movie. I have seen YouTube videos of the actress timri. She is talented, the hero doesn't interest me much though. The music is good. 
It's sad that people talk about nepotism soo much but don't even to give a chance and watch newcomers who are outsiders.
Edited by Ranjali - 5 years ago