Bepannah,My thoughts,Touching a raw nerve !

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Bepannah ~My thoughts ~ep 100 3.8.18   Touching  a raw nerve!

Arjun and Noor's harmless comment that bhai and Zoya make a sweet couple. Evoked a strong emotional reaction in Adi. he roared as if his raw nerve had been hit! All present notice his anger but Zoya most of all, becomes preoccupied with his mental and emotional wellbeing. She takes on board, that people around Adi need to watch what they say lest he gets upset. Aditya seems more and more of a live wire.  Since a while Zoya has been studying his behaviour. How Aditya suddenly undergoes changes from being angered, to becoming sad.To being  disgruntled  and infuriated  at Arjuns  half jesting remark about Zoya and him as a couple! Why is Aditya being hypersensitive to both people and circumstances?

For me this hundredth episode revolves around both Zoya and Aditya largely.Aditya  occupies a central position  due to his  emotional complexities and draws much endearing  attention from characters around him. Almost with the flavour of romantic comic elements, spear headed by our lovable cupids.The episode is about educating both Zoya and Adi towards recognizing their true sentiments towards each other. Arjun and Noor's  conniving yet jolly  forthwith  efforts of bringing together their older siblings, contrasts  with Zoya's visible  concern for Adi, and Adi's occasional rumbling , moody blues and then the final unleashing of his frustration in a night club.

The episode is a further progression of Adi's lovestruck  sentiment for Zoya, into a rather rational exploration of  a dichotomy that exists between  his sharp  reactions towards Zoya  and his justifications  for his actions. Its an episode where Adi , rather gingerly  begins to accept he could be in love with Zoya. In the last episode. Privately he was equating her, with the power of magically popping up around him, totally out of his control. This episode  shows how Adi still tries to keep a lid on his emotions, but then again where before he rather graciously  and politely butts in between the choreographers hand and the curve of Zoya's waist! This episode ends up in more violent outburst!

The theme of covering up secrets, with a thick blanket continues in this episode. Where Anjana  is the cat who hunts and captures Sakshi the helpless  rat! Anjana  sees Sakshi as the vermin in Hooda family who silently ,unseen nibbled through the moral fabric of  Hooda  family values and respectability. We have Aditya who desperately attempts to hide  his love from all, in fear of facing betrayal or even rejection  from Zoya. 

The scene where Adi finds his mother pushing a well blanketed load of her unseen sins is enough to raise his suspicions towards the contents of her cast offs to the orphanage.  The scene is shot outdoors , so as to show how things may appear clear out in the open ,yet  they may continue to have a covering of deception. Symbolically Anjana wanted to do away with Pooja, hence the reference to the orphanage that Pooja supported. Presently Anjana , boxes up her weakness in the form of a captive  and alive Sakshi! To me keeping Sakshi alive, so Arjun and Adi can contact her through video calls becomes a rod for Anjana's back.  More like a punishment  that Anjana has to bear, for possibly killing Pooja. We also see that money in a sacred profession like medicine buys silence and provides a thick blanket over Anjana's criminalities. I wonder .what Adi's future reaction would be to the fact that he actually aided his mother into hauling and pushing into place, the bag that contains  Sakshi? The action itself shows that Sakshi meant a lot to Adi and in a way she is another dark phase of his life he could do away with. Perhaps?

Another interesting issue in the scene between Adi and Anjana is the variations it comes out with. Anjana to conceal her destinations rants on about being left alone for once to dissuade Adi from accompanying her! Adi too soon after mouths off to Zoya he needs to be left alone! Anjana rebuffing Adi for once, actually favours both Adi and Zoya's into clearing the air between themselves. Adi  regrets telling Zoya to leave him  alone. To me he actually gives Zoya some food for thought Is she smothering him? coming too heavy upon him? perhaps she needs to back off?? But we see, his leave me alone! " words  actually make her more involved  and anxious about the restlessness within him. That he shuns her friendship does not deter her.For as his dear friend, she sees it as her business to   uncover what really bothers him. Which  for me is the beauty of their relation ship  its not cut and dry! decided and settled.. To me their past will make them  take things slowly.

What bothers him is what Arjun and Noor bring up in the play within the play scenario.. The literary device where Noor and Arjun use additional play to  speak for what really goes through Adi's heart and mind.! That  despite what his words and deeds convey, the truth is he is falling in love her! This technique that the cv's employ is credibly garbed by Arjun and Noor.. as for Adi, as it stands now it might be too rushed.. as he hasn't thought through  in his own mind too. For Zoya too, it well may be an element of shock. Besides this  story within the story also shows the value of Arjun and Noor in Adi and Zoya's life. Cupidity!!

Zoya is such a stalwart at building relationships rather than breaking them. Whereas on one hand she tells  Arjun and Noor off by being sensitive ,before touching Adi's raw nerve! As ever since his return Adi appears more touchy than before! They need to be mindful!

In fact the light hearted scene where a deeply lost in Adi thoughts! Zoya unwittingly agrees to a  raunchy wench dance number! Shows the manager of Zosh events too is being drawn into the comic charade of love! for Arjun Noor and the rest of the Zosh work force its  such a joke! But to Zoya its time to seek a lost Adi again! she panics, what if he vanishes without notice like he did before?? Is Zoya too, equally insecure of losing him.. like Adi is.. of loving her only to lose Zoya...??

In her Anjana brought about encounter with Adi out in the open, Zoya  wants  him to realize that what Arjun said was  complimentary, not intended  to deride him in any way. I loved the way she subjects herself to light ridicule so he can make light of the situation.. "am I that awful? that he rather not be linked with her name How she underplays the thought of them being a couple!!Zoya at this point is clearly unaware about  how the idea unnerves Adi!!     

Well the truth is quite the opposite. We meet Adi taking to drink again at a local bar. He fled from Zoya to keep company with spirits to lift his own spirit. He is an outlaw against his own attraction towards Zoya. Perhaps  booze  can slowly get to him? distance him from past pain which mocks him! Adi can never love again!!. Gradually  each  gulp fills him with a sense of euphoria. A slide show starts before his swimming eyes. Many, images of him and Zoya together as a couple. He looks in space, fights a losing battle! as the slide show of him and Zoya continues. Magnifies  and reiterates to him, they are  coupled together in  their souls! But Adi continues to wrestle and negate the images and the thoughts that swim in his groggy mind! Yet  the drinks descend on him  and he justifies, he didn't go looking for love! it found him!  Riddled him with much mystification! He avoids her eyes! but is unable to walk away from her. He'd rather not be near her. But he cannot bear being far from her either! He bluffs himself by thinking his coarseness towards her will put a thick blanket over what he feels for her! Feels  like he's seeing her for the very time in his life ! with the eyes of his very soul ! Drunken Adi is bewildered  by his  own , thoughts  could it be possible, his resistance is against the very  idea that he may have fallen in love with Zoya ? He still struggles to accept the notion. His previous tragedy in life makes him dither. How can he be sure himself?  If  he in love with Zoya! its Adi verses Adi... drunk or sober does not matter! He needs an answer from himself!    

Unclean hands defile his Zoya! Once before unclean hands defiled his best friend without his knowledge. But this scene happens before Adi's very eyes! some  man tries to get fresh with Zoya! not Adi's best friend! But the woman Adi loves! The wild frenzy with which Adi attacks the man in the bar who touches Zoya  is enough to give him the answer Adi seeks. To Zoya ,Arjun and above all Aditya Hooda there is no further doubt that its as a woman he loves Zoya. Let the damned world see it!!! He clenches his jaws, on his knees ,with punches sounding off on the mans face.. till Adi punches  the very bridge off his nose! Zoya screams, for her sake stop! He restrains his fury filled fist! Adi is pulled off  by Arjun and taken out of the bar for drunken disorderly behaviour! He was inebriated with loving Zoya!!! Zoya grabs his blood stained fist.. she looks into his eyes..there she sees pain.  she worries sick! for the breakage that's happening within him. As  always  Adi finds his healer appeals to him in all sincerity  , share with her his angst. Together they will seek the way out.. hamlet53 5.8.18

I feel it needs to be said  Adi's, reaction is triggered by possessive love rather than obsessive  strands. In both  situations he has reason to interject. in the dance scene yes jealousy triggered him on, however he has a good enough reason,  that since he was going to  assist Zoya then he should practice too.  In the bar brawl scene, the man was badgering  Zoya so Adi had to sort him out... well Adi sorted the living day lights out of the  bloke!

Many congrats All! our Bepannah completes  a full century. Thanks very much  valued readers  for supporting  hundred of my Bepannah musings. Sorry for this terribly late post. I had to post. my Bepannah love.. Have a swell Sunday.. much love hammie

Hammie's Bepannah Thoughts Index

Edited by Hamlet53 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hammie a good post. Yes the inner battle is adi vs adi. The adi who was written in Pooja's diary and the adi who made Zoya the woman. Infact both are the same. But the diary tries to overrule the image of Zoya. But then situations come in such a way that Zoya's Adi wins.  He tried to stay aloof to the dance. In comes the choreographer and he sees his best friend uncomfortable. He steps in. In comes the pub guy. Whatever he was denying till that point finds it outlet in those heavy punches. Yes he is putting on the mask. He is trying to say he is Pooja's adi by being irritable, inconsiderate as he walks off in huff. But Zoya is not the one to sit quiet. She goes in search of her Adi She forces that mask down. 
Here we see the stark difference between Pooja and Zoya the way they deal with his anger. For Pooja Adi's anger was being inconsiderate to her efforts the way she wrote in the diary. But in Adi's anger Zoya sees the pain. She holds his injured hand before he falls. The hidden pain is understood by Zoya and she will go to heal it. Though it will not be easy for her as I do expect this darkness in Adi to come out now and then. The poison need to find its outlet for that to be eliminated. Zoya will have to tolerate a lot to bring her Adi out of self destruction. Yes she will be aided by Arjun and Noor. But this battle I guess Zoya will have to wage. And that is her real Agnipareeksha. Her love and dedication for him, which is something very far from being romantic. 
Maryam2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
beautiful post❤️
it was a greattt episode.. loved arjun/noor planning and their dialogues😆

Adi  regrets telling Zoya to leave him  alone. To me he actually gives Zoya some food for thought Is she smothering him? coming too heavy upon him? perhaps she needs to back off?? But we see, his leave me alone! " 

the way he was trying to leave was too funny.. main koi stand up comedian hoon kia🤣

Drunken Adi is bewildered  by his  own , thoughts  could it be possible, his resistance is against the very  idea that he may have fallen in love with Zoya ? He still struggles to accept the notion. His previous tragedy in life makes him dither. How can he be sure himself?  If  he in love with Zoya! its Adi verses Adi... drunk or sober does not matter! He needs an answer from himself!    

this part was the besttt.. the moment of realisation.. that BG music and his thoughts❤️

highlight of the episode : MERI ZOYA .. harshad totally killed it.. show stealer... his helpless expression was enough to feel his pain💔
Hamlet53 thumbnail
helooo shru,😃.. have to check your post .. was rushed off my feet,fri/Saturday...
Hammie a good post. Yes the inner battle is adi vs adi. The adi who was written in Pooja's diary and the adi who made Zoya the woman. Infact both are the same. But the diary tries to overrule the image of Zoya. But then situations come in such a way that Zoya's Adi wins.  He tried to stay aloof to the dance. In comes the choreographer and he sees his best friend uncomfortable. He steps in. In comes the pub guy. Whatever he was denying till that point finds it outlet in those heavy punches. Yes he is putting on the mask. He is trying to say he is Pooja's adi by being irritable, inconsiderate as he walks off in huff. But Zoya is not the one to sit quiet. She goes in search of her Adi She forces that mask down.   totally agree Zoya..  does pull his vizor off... whereas Pooja  preferred he kept it on ..so she could show her colours.. Shru, I am warming to this complicated  Adiya love story..its on going and not contrived as many I see on telly already..
Here we see the stark difference between Pooja and Zoya the way they deal with his anger. For Pooja Adi's anger was being inconsiderate to her efforts the way she wrote in the diary. But in Adi's anger Zoya sees the pain. She holds his injured hand before he falls. The hidden pain is understood by Zoya and she will go to heal it. Though it will not be easy for her as I do expect this darkness in Adi to come out now and then. The poison need to find its outlet for that to be eliminated. Zoya will have to tolerate a lot to bring her Adi out of self destruction. Yes she will be aided by Arjun and Noor. But this battle I guess Zoya will have to wage. And that is her real Agnipareeksha. Her love and dedication for him, which is something very far from being romantic. 
shru... if the story has the flavour of what you suggest.. then I will keep connected to  the show.. Pooja was never interested in Adi... the glamour, good life orbiting around Adi was what really  appealed to her.. so when Adi  must have wished to marry her as his best buddy... the offer was hard to resist.. Zoya   doesn't seem to be drawn in by his status.. she is drawn by his persona,,,,
will read more of your detailed post mate... thanks for your on going support.. much love, hammie

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes hammie pooja was drawn to the power of aditya but zoya is drawn towards aditya the man. And there is a lot of difference between the two.
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maryam2

beautiful post❤️  hellloo Maryam😃 and thanks for the heart  😊 the episode deserves... my  narration is nowhere near the true beauty  of what was shown..

it was a greattt episode.. loved arjun/noor planning and their dialogues😆
Arjun cracked me up...😆😆 craved for  a bit of  comedy 
Adi  regrets telling Zoya to leave him  alone. To me he actually gives Zoya some food for thought Is she smothering him? coming too heavy upon him? perhaps she needs to back off?? But we see, his leave me alone! " 

the way he was trying to leave was too funny.. main koi stand up comedian hoon kia🤣
yesshhh😆... after a while some dry humour  coming out of Adi😃
Drunken Adi is bewildered  by his  own , thoughts  could it be possible, his resistance is against the very  idea that he may have fallen in love with Zoya ? He still struggles to accept the notion. His previous tragedy in life makes him dither. How can he be sure himself?  If  he in love with Zoya! its Adi verses Adi... drunk or sober does not matter! He needs an answer from himself!    

this part was the besttt.. the moment of realisation.. that BG music and his thoughts❤️
yes my kind of scene😃
highlight of the episode : MERI ZOYA .. harshad totally killed it.. show stealer... his helpless expression was enough to feel his pain💔
my Zoya?  hope we get to see her reflect on this bit..       thanks for reading Maryam...  and for your happy comment... much love,hammie  

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Yes hammie pooja was drawn to the power of aditya but zoya is drawn towards aditya the man. And there is a lot of difference between the two.

I want to know about Pooja's back ground.. waise she was not the marrying type... gave the impression  she was.. Adi made an honest mistake.. he deserves  the sincerity  he contains in his heart for others.. Zoya seems to be the one...😃 hammie
sparkiex thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi Hammie! A wonderful post! Really loved what you've said regarding Aditya's turmoil and how Zoya's noticing it/reacting to it. 

I completely concur with what you & Shruthi have said regarding the contrast between Zoya & Pooja's treatment towards Aditya. Something that bothered me about Aditya's birthday party flashback (the one Pooja organized), when he & his dad had a tiff and he stormed off, instead of going after him to comfort him she's concerned that the party she put so much effort into organizing has gone to waste. Whereas here Aditya beats a guy black & blue in the middle of the club but Zoya doesn't care about that, she's more worried about the wounds inflicted on him, both physical & emotional that are causing him to behave like this. Also what you both have said about Pooja being interested in the luxurious life is interesting cuz my mum thinks that Pooja wasn't that interested in marrying Aditya but rather it was Sakshi who pushed her to marry him so that they both could keep living the life of luxury that comes with being with Aditya. In which case this mother-daughter duo really exploited this boy completely and then had the audacity to completely blame him for the failed marriage. In fact when the court drama was over and Aditya went to bring Sakshi back to his house, she didn't even protest once.  Made me wonder does this lady have any self respect? So I totally agree with what you said about her being a dark phase he could do away with.
I like what you said about Zoya being dependent on Aditya cuz even I feel that's the case. This girl who had no issues with staying half the month away from her husband can't seem to stay even a minute away from Aditya. Ever since he's come back from Paris she's been continuously in contact with him one way or another. He's spent the most amount of time with her so it's no surprise that when she's not around he's only thinking of her/imagining her cuz he's become so accustomed to having her around. And most importantly he enjoys having her around. 

I totally agree that the incidents you pointed out were of possessive love and not obsessive. Honestly that choreographer was getting waaay too friendly so I'm glad Aditya stepped in and the guy at the club was just trying to be way too smart & deserved at least one punch in the face in my opinion. 😃

Arjun and Noor at the start looked like two school kids who were being scolded by a teacher and it was absolutely adorable! Also good on Arjun for taking away Aditya at the end, he knew his brother needed to get away from the situation ASAP.

Overall the last few minutes of the episode had my heart. Aditya saying Meri Zoya' with full haq and how only Zoya was able to get through to him when he was blinded by rage. 😳 When Aditya falls over, she catches his hand (that too the wounded one) and she's just so upset seeing him in pain. And my heart goes out to Aditya, he's so confused and helpless looking at her. Zoya so desperately wants to know what's wrong so that she can help heal him and he wants her to heal him but can't tell her what's wrong this time. It was truly heart wrenching :(
mm250314 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
How wonderfully you have described the episodes ! ...loved to read your pov...the makers are giving back to back excellent episodes ..
there is so much angst ..intensity ...and bepannah  devotion  coupled with insecurities in Adiya s love story ...that makes it an extraordinary serial ...
And Jenny n Harshad  have breathed life n soul into their roles ...Aditya s dilemma ...battle between his pull of the heartstrings and the deeply embedded insecurities in his mind ...is tearing him apart ...his encounter with his mom hauling a heavy suitcase for an orphanage s offerings makes him suspicious ...anjana is saved by Zoya and so she leaves Aditya with Zoya ...Zoya was eager to catch Aditya who was running away from her .      The cute reenacting of Adiya s discussions by Noor n Arjun shows how close they are with their siblings and they will act a step Cupid in their intense love saga ...Aditya  was hoping that out so sight ..out of mind tactics would be ok to grant him peace ...his outburst ...leave me alone ...pains him the most ...he is helpless ...but his heart always wins ...he regrets his rudeness...Zoya thinks that linkage of their names had fuelled his anger n frustration ...here Zoya is very persistent  ..she never leaves Aditya alone rather tries to unravel his inner thoughts ...
unlike Pooja ...Pooja had no such desire to pester Aditya when on her birthday Aditya had created a scene ...She is ziddi ..Zoya Siddiqi who loves him unconditionally and can go to any lengths to soothe his mind n heart...Zoya is totally preoccupied with Aditya s pain n his angry outbursts ...She was tested by Arjun by his joke about a raunchy item no dance  c oz he was aware that like Zoya is also equally worried about his brother ...and he could guess her thoughts ...Arjun calls Aditya and Zoya seizes the phone to talk to Aditya ...Aditya is at a club ...he goes to have drinks as the turmoil in his heart is ripping apart his heart n soul ...the wounds afflicted by Pooja s accusations n Sakshi s words had wrecked his emotional state ...Aditya remembers his moments with Zoya ...his fb of their various encounters are flashing before his eyes ...it is as if he is seeing Zoya for the first time ...he reflects upon his preoccupation with Zoya and tries to find answers ...is it love ? ...he cannot face her and he cannot avoid seeing her ...he cannot show her his feelings and yet he regrets his rude behaviour towards her ...it is clear .for the first time in his life he had fallen in love .so these feelings were new to him ...
Aditya sees a man misbehaving with Zoya and all his frustration and pent up feelings are targeted at that man ...he beats him mercilessly ...the poor fellow is beaten to death as Aditya recalls the choreographer s moves and loses his sanity ...
Here Zoyas kasam only could stop Aditya s killing blows upon the man ...

his Zoya ...
no one can harm his Zoya...now Zoya could not guess his deep love for her coz she had never seen such possessiveness in love before and so she cannot guess  his love ..his possessive feelings for his woman ...
Arjun knows his state of heart ...
He takes him away ..  Aditya.  cannot tolerate any  one to try to harm his Zoya ...
As Aditya in his inebriated condition is about to fall Zoya catches him ...She will always prevent his downfall ...Zoya asks what is this   And Aditya answers painfully he is not aware himself ...both here try to communicate ...but as Aditya was drunk Arjun was right in taking him away from the scene ...
Just as Zoya says she is his azeez dost ...Arjun whisks him away as if he felt that her words might not heal him now ...
Precap ...the most intense love confession of love ...at least Aditya has spoken his heart out before his brother ...

geetkumar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Hammie!!
How did I miss this, even after checking the forum every ten minutes? 😲
Again commenting for both your previous and current post.
As usual, I am the latest. But better late then never isn't it? 😉
Flawless episodes and on top of it, your stupendous posts are like a cherry on top!!
Oh, I loved Adi's insanity!! It's like a fever. But then again, she is the medicine.
The way he is flummoxed is so endearing to watch. As well as it gives an insight that he was never in love with Pooja. If he would have been, he would have recognised the symptoms. Here he was completely bewildered.
He burst out at Arjun when called a sweet couple. Was he afraid that Zoya would see that he wished it to be true. Zoya is right. Aditya runs away rather than confronting the situations as well as his demons.
Zoya chiding Arnoor was so sweet. Both of them were like two naughty kids reprimanded by mamma zoya.
Coming to Anjana it is ironic that in order to hide her crimes she pushes her son towards Zoya, a girl with whom she cannot even bare to see Aditya.

The more Aditya tries to push Zoya away, the more she is determined to bring him out of his pain. To resolve what is bothering him. She is not insulted. She doesn't even mind being linked with him. "Hum itne bure hain kya?". Whereas previously she so vehemently sais that she wouldn't consider him as a prospective groom even if he was the last man on earth.

Arjun plays his role of 'Guiding Light" so well in Adiya's life. Previously he guided Aditya towards Zoya. Today he guided Zoya towards Aditya, who was trying to drown his inner voice. He thought alcohol would give him the much needed respite. Instead, it brought out the truth to his lips.
Zoya saw him, called out to him, but he could not hear her. But the moment she was in trouble, he sensed it. Saw her being harassed by a creep, and the dam burst!!
If you ask me, the guy deserved it. He saw that she was not the one he was looking for, still he kept on persisting and touching Zoya. He needed to be punched.
I wish Zoya would have heard Aditya calling 'meri zoya' to Arjun. But alas! she was a little late. But not too late to hold Adi's hand when he stumbled.
I agree with you and Shruthi here. Pooja was not marriage material. She might have married Adi just because he was the most convenient guy available.
She never tried to look into Adi. All she saw was a faade, and she was quite happy with it. After all it served her purpose.
Whereas Zoya doesn't give two hoots about the world. She is only concerned about Aditya. She was only worried about Aditya's pain. It shook her to the core. And I am sure she is not going to rest or let go of the matter.
Poo Aditya. He was so confused and helpless he did no know how to reveal or conceal the truth that he has fallen for her. He reminded me of the song "Chhupana bhi nahin ata, jatana bhi nahin ata. Hume tumse mohobbat hai, batana bhi nahin ata."

Bepannah Love!!
Geet.