Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: mira

Hi Everyone :D  Glad to be a part of this group :)

Mira ðŸ¤—

So so good to see you here, my dear. Finally, we are on ðŸ˜†
Ecrivain thumbnail

:D I am watching Behpaana on and off ... and please dont judge me but Nagin 3 :P just for the horror of watching the CGI snakes ðŸ˜†

I am trying to read crime and punishment but that attempt is slow as a snail :/

Is there any good English series to watch? I binge watched Downton Abbey...still waiting for GoT, Crown, Stranger Things new seasons...

Mira 

You are adorbs ðŸ˜†

I thought after IPK3, you would be done with CGIs. But man, I love your guts and no, definitely no judging dear, ðŸ˜›

I am not watching anything new after Quantico, dont ask me why, ðŸ˜†

You know I really miss the older English shows like The X-Files, Chicago Hope, Baywatch and stuff. I even liked Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy and the Big bang theory sorts. Now nothing much to watch honestly. But maybe my taste is very different. 

Btw, I did watch Raazi recently, fabulous one from KJo and the gang and Alia and Vicky were superb. ðŸ˜ƒ

Do you watch Hindi or English flicks ?? 
Ecrivain thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enigma.

Hi everyone. Good to join here!

About the shows and books being talked about, I've just finished watching 'This Is Us'. It's outstanding! I'd definitely recommend that one. 'The Crown' is also good, so is '13 Reasons Why', though I would recommend the latter only if you're in the mood to watch some dark disturbing stuff.

Also, reading Murakami nowadays. 

Hey 

So good to have you here. ðŸ¤—

Not watched 'This Is Us' but heard some lovely stuff about the series. Will catch it when I am on a break. 

Not read Murakami either, which one are you on nowadays, 

Btw, your story makes up for a lovely contemporary read. ðŸ˜Š
Ecrivain thumbnail

Anyone following world cup here? Any fellow Spain fans ? :D

Sorry Mira, not been following the world cup. But I bet some here would be doing so. Let them join in post travel/ vacation and then we will be onto it. ðŸ˜Š

Btw are you reading any stories here? FFs? 
Ecrivain thumbnail

Hi mira.

You can add Norwegian Wood too then! That's a good one too.

BM
I will be onto it soon 
Ecrivain thumbnail

Oh yes... Tagore is a genius ...a really beautiful mind. I love his poems... and in today's world and India, his words are like  golden letters to look upto. Someone who very clearly said how humanity trumps everything else ... Where the mind is without fear ðŸ˜Š ...

Bengali lit and movies are class apart ... I havent watched many but the few i have seen are soulful... 

Heard so much about Pather Panchali, hope to read it someday. 

Thanks for the recco. 
Ecrivain thumbnail

Originally posted by: .rad.

Even though Fantasy is my favorite genre in on-screen. I can't stand indian TV fantasy dramas. I stumbled upon Naagin clips in IG, The CGI is so amateur (Where is the shadow people 😕). I am not expecting GOT but  they need a lot of improvement. They need to watch Medusa scene from Wrath of titan.

Gilmore girls, Prison break are good watch and they are finished series. 
I follow Peaky blinders. It's a Birmingham gangsters crime story  with an ensemble cast. The acting, writing, cinematography are amazing. Not sure these are your cup of tea.

Rad 

Indeed, the CGI on Indian telly and even the melodrama is so juvenile, it just puts a lot to shame. 

Infact, I think, there is nothing really watchable on Indian telly atm. I am following bits of Bepanaah and SBRK, trust me, everything is so predictable and cliche. Yes, the actors have mettle but where is the freshness. Not comparing, I recall sitting for Season 1 of IPK and waiting for the epis with baited breath. With IPK1, my interest in Indian TV died an untimely death. 

Ah, Gilmore Girls is what I am looking forward to. 

Btw, what FFs are you onto nowadays? 
Ecrivain thumbnail
Heard some brilliant reviews about Sanaya's short film Dum Dum Dumroo
Anyone seen it? 

Rad or Shona, have you guys seen it? 

Its not surprisingly at all that most actors have slowly moved to the space of web for creative liberty and easy money. Plus, its a win win for fans and actors too, the stuff is brilliant , imo. 

ALT has lovely series there. That reminds me of Sobti's upcoming series as well. TGIDF, any takers ?? 
mira thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .rad.

Even though Fantasy is my favorite genre in on-screen. I can't stand indian TV fantasy dramas. I stumbled upon Naagin clips in IG, The CGI is so amateur (Where is the shadow people 😕). I am not expecting GOT but  they need a lot of improvement. They need to watch Medusa scene from Wrath of titan.

Gilmore girls, Prison break are good watch and they are finished series. 
I follow Peaky blinders. It's a Birmingham gangsters crime story  with an ensemble cast. The acting, writing, cinematography are amazing. Not sure these are your cup of tea.

Hehe ... I know its cringe worthy ... I just never got to watch any of those two nagin series ... so though to have a go at it... its hilarious to be honest ðŸ˜†   forget CGI ... the dialogues too are so dramatic ... 

Peaky blinders looks great :D I love what ever BBC makes :P although I like the Victorian era dramas (any takers for North and South here? 😳) more but this one looks amazing ... 8.8 rating is good enough for me to give it a try...  Not sure how i never saw this in any search... I love Cillian Murphy from all Nolan movies ... his eyes has something surreal about it ... I could never place it if its scary or holy ...
mira thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ecrivain.

Mira 

You are adorbs ðŸ˜†

I thought after IPK3, you would be done with CGIs. But man, I love your guts and no, definitely no judging dear, ðŸ˜›

I am not watching anything new after Quantico, dont ask me why, ðŸ˜†

You know I really miss the older English shows like The X-Files, Chicago Hope, Baywatch and stuff. I even liked Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy and the Big bang theory sorts. Now nothing much to watch honestly. But maybe my taste is very different. 

Btw, I did watch Raazi recently, fabulous one from KJo and the gang and Alia and Vicky were superb. ðŸ˜ƒ

Do you watch Hindi or English flicks ?? 

Thats the thing ... with Ekta Kapoor shows I know what to expect ðŸ˜† Nagin or her horror stuffs comes with a disclaimer that we should not expect anything realistic at all... so I can take it ...

IPK3 never told me it was gonna show ASR clicking few keys and trigger clod seeding ðŸ˜• the horror that show was ... 

I tried Quantico first season ... you are right,  I do have some weird wiring ... I can watch Nagin and let it go but somehow when i watch other series i have better expectations... Maybe after 12 seasons of Criminal Minds and my favorite Person of Interest, watching Priyanka being the dramitic FBI agent didnt do a thing for me ... I like PC other wise ... she was good as a diva in Bay watch and all ... but Alex was too unrealistic and dramatic for me to take in ...

I do watch English ones... Hindi I stay clear of unless someone really recommend and Raazi is on my list, waiting for it to come in amazon prime videos next month... I watch everything from DC and Marvel these days :P