Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mira thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi Everyone :D  Glad to be a part of this group :)

mira thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ecrivain.

Have so much to talk about but will wait for more members to finish travel/ vacation and come by.

Any of you watching any current shows Hindi/ English/ Urdu?

Or anyone reading any good books ? I am re-reading Alchemist atm.

😊

:D I am watching Behpaana on and off ... and please dont judge me but Nagin 3 :P just for the horror of watching the CGI snakes ðŸ˜†

I am trying to read crime and punishment but that attempt is slow as a snail :/

Is there any good English series to watch? I binge watched Downton Abbey...still waiting for GoT, Crown, Stranger Things new seasons...
Raconteuse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi everyone. Good to join here!

About the shows and books being talked about, I've just finished watching 'This Is Us'. It's outstanding! I'd definitely recommend that one. 'The Crown' is also good, so is '13 Reasons Why', though I would recommend the latter only if you're in the mood to watch some dark disturbing stuff.

Also, reading Murakami nowadays. 
Edited by Enigma. - 5 years ago
mira thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enigma.

Hi everyone. Good to join here!

About the shows and books being talked about, I've just finished watching 'This Is Us'. It's outstanding! I'd definitely recommend that one. 'The Crown' is also good, so is '13 Reasons Why', though I would recommend the latter only if you're in the mood to watch some dark disturbing stuff.

Also, reading Murakami nowadays. 

Hi Enigma ... I liked first season of 13 reasons why but it was disturbing so no plans to watch new one ðŸ˜›

Kafka on the shore has been on my list since a while ... :D 
mira thumbnail
Anyone following world cup here? Any fellow Spain fans ? :D
Raconteuse thumbnail

Originally posted by: mira

Hi Enigma ... I liked first season of 13 reasons why but it was disturbing so no plans to watch new one ðŸ˜›

Kafka on the shore has been on my list since a while ... :D 

Hi mira.

You can add Norwegian Wood too then! That's a good one too.
mira thumbnail

Hi mira.

You can add Norwegian Wood too then! That's a good one too.

Oh nice... thanks for the good suggestions. 

These days I am finding it hard to take time out for reading books... just coz i cant read a book and do other things in between ðŸ˜› I normally take whole day off just to finish what ever i am reading ... its a big commitment ... 

so now going through some classic movies ... and I have to say a few classics are so good ... Pather panchali is the top ... this is without doubt the best indian movie i have watched ... 

Now planning to watch few Kurasowa movies :)
Edited by mira - 5 years ago
Raconteuse thumbnail

Oh nice... thanks for the good suggestions. 

These days I am finding it hard to take time out for reading books... just coz i cant read a book and do other things in between ðŸ˜› I normally take whole day off just to finish what ever i am reading ... its a big commitment ... 

so now going through some classic movies ... and I have to say a few classics are so good ... Pather panchali is the top ... this is without doubt the best indian movie i have watched ... 

Now planning to watch few Kurasowa movies :)

Pather Panchali is among my most favourite novels actually. The movie is good as well.😊 Bengali literature and cinema is very rich. Tagore's writings are wonderful too.

Haven't watched any of Kurosawa's works yet, but I've heard about Seven Samurai being among his good works.
mira thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enigma.

Pather Panchali is among my most favourite novels actually. The movie is good as well.😊 Bengali literature and cinema is very rich. Tagore's writings are wonderful too.

Haven't watched any of Kurosawa's works yet, but I've heard about Seven Samurai being among his good works.

Oh yes... Tagore is a genius ...a really beautiful mind. I love his poems... and in today's world and India, his words are like  golden letters to look upto. Someone who very clearly said how humanity trumps everything else ... Where the mind is without fear ðŸ˜Š ...

Bengali lit and movies are class apart ... I havent watched many but the few i have seen are soulful... 

Edited by mira - 5 years ago
radix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

:D I am watching Behpaana on and off ... and please dont judge me but Nagin 3 :P just for the horror of watching the CGI snakes ðŸ˜†

I am trying to read crime and punishment but that attempt is slow as a snail :/

Is there any good English series to watch? I binge watched Downton Abbey...still waiting for GoT, Crown, Stranger Things new seasons...

Even though Fantasy is my favorite genre in on-screen. I can't stand indian TV fantasy dramas. I stumbled upon Naagin clips in IG, The CGI is so amateur (Where is the shadow people 😕). I am not expecting GOT but  they need a lot of improvement. They need to watch Medusa scene from Wrath of titan.

Gilmore girls, Prison break are good watch and they are finished series. 
I follow Peaky blinders. It's a Birmingham gangsters crime story  with an ensemble cast. The acting, writing, cinematography are amazing. Not sure these are your cup of tea.
Edited by .rad. - 5 years ago