Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: BlackPanther7

Another ignorant comment. Even Sanjay Dutt says when he was in Jail, nobody helped him. Even Madhuri dumped him. Even his drug addict problem was solved only by his father. So, at the end of the day, only ur kith and kin will help you. Film Industry is only a working place after all. How many of you go out of the way to help your colleagues with their personal problems in your office? If people do, it is only if they share a very close bond with that person. Else, most mind their own business. 

I never blamed the industry for not helping her. For all we know she might have shunned help. She was known to be a dufficult person to gel with. My point is that industry is a bit more tolerant towards male actors than female.

Originally posted by: -Goldendew-

I never blamed the industry for not helping her. For all we know she might have shunned help. She was known to be a dufficult person to gel with. My point is that industry is a bit more tolerant towards male actors than female.

I dont think people tolerate bullshit of any star - male or female - unless they get something back. Like tantrums of Rajesh Khanna was tolerated for a long time until his films started bombing. Same happened with Govinda. Had Manisha had the stardom of a Madhuri Dixit, they wud hv tolerated her tantrums too. But, if u are flopping and still throwing tantrums, nobody is going to tolerate it. Nobody is irreplaceable in Bollywood. 
Edited by BlackPanther7 - 5 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I don't think anyone is to blame for what happened to Manisha. Sometimes things just happen and spiral out of control. You cannot save people from themselves. Whatever happened in the past, Manisha's resurgence is an inspiration. Not many people are able to battle personal demons, physical ailments, family trauma all at once and emerge to see the light at the other end. 
However, I still think there are many double standards in the industry when it comes to support and empathy. Some people get it more than others. Usually men get more support than women. Is it misogyny? Is it the selfish bottom line? Is it the established power dynamics? I think all play a factor. 

In my personal opinion, it is really selfish to be willing to profit of someone and show great friendship but cut the cords when trouble arrives. But the industry exists to profit and people are not obligated to strangers. 
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Manisha is not a victim. Why are we making her one? She made her share of mistakes-anger issues, failed relationships, alcoholism. Then, she even went through cancer and a divorce but she recovered through it all and is back to work. I see her as a resilient woman not a victim.

absolutely.

Nahune macche haru faltu ko theories bannachan😆
Karenina thumbnail
- Khamoshi
- Bombay
- Dil Se
- Company
- AHAT

Apart from Sridevi and Madhuri, I can't think of anyone who could rival her as far as top performances go.

Even in commercial flicks like Agnee Shakshi and Criminal, she was brilliant.

Manisha had her issues but as far as raw talent goes, she's as good as they come.
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

- Khamoshi
- Bombay
- Dil Se
- Company
- AHAT

Apart from Sridevi and Madhuri, I can't think of anyone who could rival her as far as top performances go.

Even in commercial flicks like Agnee Shakshi and Criminal, she was brilliant.

Manisha had her issues but as far as raw talent goes, she's as good as they come.

Urmila and Manisha both are so underrated .