Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: springs

Man's Story is definitely heavy but oh so good! Acting is top notch and so is the writing/story. If ever in the mood for a melodrama definitely watch this one.

When it's at night - The lead actress Kim Sun Ah is a good actor, she's not cutesy like most other K-actresses. I really liked bits and pieces of this drama...the path to love, her relationship with her brother, and other friends of her father's etc. and the insight into national treasures was interesting.

If you liked Capital Scandal do checkout Chicago Typewriters...the 1930s story was REALLY good โค๏ธ

Though this thread is not very active https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4996176 
I follow it for recommendations. Come join us here.

i usually steer way clear of melodramas. the rarest melodrama i managed to watch was Just between lovers. will give Man's story an honest try then.

aha! i am prone to getting prejudiced easily. there are instances where i hated an actor in one show and ended up loving the same in other (and vice versa). so will try When it's at night.

i LOVE Chicago Typewriter. it ranks among my Top 5 'Must watch K-dramas before you die' list.
and at second position at that. (first being Rebel - Thief who stole people followed by Chicago typewriter, Coffee prince, healer, Kill me heal me... in that order.)

thank you once again Springs. happy to meet a fellow K dramazen whose frequency so matches mine. and thanks for the link. will join you guys there soon.๐Ÿ˜ณ

springs thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Omo Healer & Coffee Prince are my all time favorites too...same frequencies indeed. Kill Me Heal Me - I cannot bear the lead actress ๐Ÿคข
I need recs from you ๐Ÿ˜Š
A Poem A Day
Girls generation 1979
Falling for innocence
Go back couple
Dear My Friends
CuttingChai thumbnail
Welcome to Waikiki is underrated comedy show. Too bad the lead guy got into attitude controversy so early in his career. He was good in School 2017, Rebel, n Waikiki.Edited by Mascarpone - 5 years ago
Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: springs

Omo Healer & Coffee Prince are my all time favorites too...same frequencies indeed. Kill Me Heal Me - I cannot bear the lead actress ๐Ÿคข

I need recs from you ๐Ÿ˜Š

@bold.. no kidding. seriously! same pinch then๐Ÿ˜†.
KMHM was her first show that i watched. disliked her brand of acting. tried her 'Lucky Romance' and finally concluded that we should avoid each other.
I loved KMHM despite her coz the story was great and the male lead has got legendary acting chops. you have to see it to believe the brilliance with which he pulled off multiple personalities.

Healer and Coffee prince are love forever.

forgot to add earlier.. i didn't like capital scandal much (second half. first half was good enough). watched it on the heels of Chicago Typewriter and constantly comparing which probably was unfair to CS.

my reccos would be:
These shows got lots of love which restores my faith in humanity btw.

(you have already seen healer, chicago typewriter and coffee prince.)

Rebel - Thief who stole people. Every character heroes, villains, good guys, bad guys, supporting ones, side ones, cameos... will stay with you.

Romantic doctor; Teacher Kim. - THE best medical K-drama. word of wise - don't watch it while eating.

Stranger/Secret Forest - Hands down the best crime thriller. yeah Signal is good but Secret forest is Secret forest.

Shopping king Louie - in one word - Cuteness.
innocence,sweetness, naivety and all that makes you smile. this show has it all.

Go ho's starry nights - Web drama. short episodes. the male lead character ticks ALL the right boxes and creates few new boxes.

and there are lot many more but these shows are in my top 10 ones.

And I forgot King of high school and all dramas of Seo In guk.
Queen of the Ring.
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for all the recs everyone... will watch some of these now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@bold.. no kidding. seriously! same pinch then๐Ÿ˜†.
KMHM was her first show that i watched. disliked her brand of acting. tried her 'Lucky Romance' and finally concluded that we should avoid each other.
I loved KMHM despite her coz the story was great and the male lead has got legendary acting chops. you have to see it to believe the brilliance with which he pulled off multiple personalities.

Healer and Coffee prince are love forever.

forgot to add earlier.. i didn't like capital scandal much (second half. first half was good enough). watched it on the heels of Chicago Typewriter and constantly comparing which probably was unfair to CS.

my reccos would be:
These shows got lots of love which restores my faith in humanity btw.

(you have already seen healer, chicago typewriter and coffee prince.)

Rebel - Thief who stole people. Every character heroes, villains, good guys, bad guys, supporting ones, side ones, cameos... will stay with you.

Romantic doctor; Teacher Kim. - THE best medical K-drama. word of wise - don't watch it while eating.

Stranger/Secret Forest - Hands down the best crime thriller. yeah Signal is good but Secret forest is Secret forest.

Shopping king Louie - in one word - Cuteness.
innocence,sweetness, naivety and all that makes you smile. this show has it all.

Go ho's starry nights - Web drama. short episodes. the male lead character ticks ALL the right boxes and creates few new boxes.

and there are lot many more but these shows are in my top 10 ones.

Hey same pinch I didnt like Hwang Jae yeum (lead of kmhm) in KMHM as well.. she looked horrendous with that plastic face.. and ger actimg was loud and OTT and trying hard to be cute (which she isnt) .. 
BUT then I watched Secret love which also stars Ji sung and hwang jae yeum AND she was amazing there..!๐Ÿ‘like really really good.. I couldn't believe this is the same girl from kmhm.. if you havent watched it, do watch to just see how brilkiant she was in this show. She portrayed the nuances of the character so well.. especially the emotional scenes.. gosh thats one of the best ever acting I have seen in a kdrama. Ji sung is one hell of an amazing actor BUT she outshone him in the show. And I turned into a fan of her acting in this show. I guess comedy/rom com doesnt suit her... she does melodrama the best. I always say this.. kmhm was Ji sung's shiw all the way..while Secret was HJE's. Also I like their chemistry better in this show. 
Do give it a try .. !

Edit: I dont knw if i m spoiling or not.  But i had to share these ๐Ÿ˜ณโญ๏ธ

https://youtu.be/YR4GfeKIkyU

https://youtu.be/IMn2WRLPOQw

https://youtu.be/QcrAlMA7peQ
Edited by HoLiEr.ThN.tHoU - 5 years ago
Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chogiwaa

And I forgot King of high school and all dramas of Seo In guk.

Queen of the Ring.

Seo In Guk. Gee! same pinch!

barring King of high school (high schooler and older person romance .. that i am wary of. so skipped.)
and The kings' face (bad reviews).. i have seen every show of his where he played main role. including 'Another Parting'. if you haven't watched this one give it a go. only 50 odd minutes in total. quite interesting and open to interpretation.

gonna try queen of the ring and your other recs that i haven't seen already.
thankh ku.

Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Hey same pinch I didnt like Hwang Jae yeum (lead of kmhm) in KMHM as well.. she looked horrendous with that plastic face.. and ger actimg was loud and OTT and trying hard to be cute (which she isnt) .. 
BUT then I watched Secret love which also stars Ji sung and hwang jae yeum AND she was amazing there..!๐Ÿ‘like really really good.. I couldn't believe this is the same girl from kmhm.. if you havent watched it, do watch to just see how brilkiant she was in this show. She portrayed the nuances of the character so well.. especially the emotional scenes.. gosh thats one of the best ever acting I have seen in a kdrama. Ji sung is one hell of an amazing actor BUT she outshone him in the show. And I turned into a fan of her acting in this show. I guess comedy/rom com doesnt suit her... she does melodrama the best. I always say this.. kmhm was Ji sung's shiw all the way..while Secret was HJE's. Also I like their chemistry better in this show. 
Do give it a try .. !

Edit: I dont knw if i m spoiling or not.  But i had to share these ๐Ÿ˜ณโญ๏ธ

https://youtu.be/YR4GfeKIkyU

https://youtu.be/IMn2WRLPOQw

https://youtu.be/QcrAlMA7peQ

Heya.

thank you so much for the links. the show looks interesting. HJY was quite good in the scenes there in those videos. me thinks she is good in melancholic, subtle, calm sequences. (did a great job in lucky romance too.) but totally murders light scenes. and i stay clear of melodramas and prefer shows with light moments. and hence HJY and I don't go together.

but thanks to your superb review and links i will surely try Secret love.
so thank a lot.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Previous
1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Next