Asian Shows

Underrated; Obscure Shows that you loved!

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

There are high rated, hyped, crazy popular shows that everyone seems to be raving about. and you wonder .. what's the big deal eh! Am I the only one who can't see the hype?
and then there are shows no one heard of or not many care about and yet you just love them and wonder why not many gave these shows a chance.

Call of the country is one such show belonging to the latter category that i just chanced upon and so loved it. Hilarious show from beginning to end. i swear i probably cracked a rib or two cracking up at some scenes.

Please find her is one web drama that hasn't shaken popularity charts. but you really should give this one a chance. it is funny, endearing, ridiculously hilarious.

well there are many more such gems such as The true colors of Gang and Cheol; Secret Investigation records, Three Musketeers, Naked Fireman (don't let the title scare you. let alone naked the man hardly goes shirtless barring maybe two scenes). these shows deserve more love.

What are your recommendations? the hidden gems you managed to dig out; the obscure ones you discovered and the less rated ones you think needs more love?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapbubble thumbnail
Haha, great thread!
I was thinking the same thing you know - we find the same recommendations again and again in the top lists but there must be so many under rated sweet dramas that never made it to the listicles.

One of my faves is Heart to Heart - about a girl with severe shyness because she blushes too much and a psychiatrist. It was sweet, sexy, poignant, dramatic and got me involved.
By the same writer-director duo who created Coffee Prince. And just like Coffee Prince, it's a little bolder than your average K drama.

Bubble
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapbubble

Haha, great thread!

I was thinking the same thing you know - we find the same recommendations again and again in the top lists but there must be so many under rated sweet dramas that never made it to the listicles.

One of my faves is Heart to Heart - about a girl with severe shyness because she blushes too much and a psychiatrist. It was sweet, sexy, poignant, dramatic and got me involved.
By the same writer-director duo who created Coffee Prince. And just like Coffee Prince, it's a little bolder than your average K drama.

Bubble

oh my gosh i was about to add 'Heart to heart'.
High five bubble*
i LOVE this show. second your views about it.
the male lead starts off as major ass but by the end he goes on to become my top 5 man. the girl was so likeable. the actress did a fab job there. and the show... wonderful. and then there is that delicious skinship. so natural and comfortable.
Coffee prince duo eh! why am i not surprised. i should check more of their shows. they do create such precious characters and amazing bonds.

thanks bubble๐Ÿค—.

soapbubble thumbnail

oh my gosh i was about to add 'Heart to heart'.
High five bubble*
i LOVE this show. second your views about it.
the male lead starts off as major ass but by the end he goes on to become my top 5 man. the girl was so likeable. the actress did a fab job there. and the show... wonderful. and then there is that delicious skinship. so natural and comfortable.
Coffee prince duo eh! why am i not surprised. i should check more of their shows. they do create such precious characters and amazing bonds.

thanks bubble๐Ÿค—.

Hey high five to you! 

I totally agree with you. In fact at first I was like this hero is such a brat, how on earth are they going to convince me he's better than the golden second lead??

But they did. And they were so super together, so good for each other.

I'd love to have more of your reccos. I'm keeping a sharp eye on your other 'store' thread ๐Ÿ˜†
Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Hey high five to you! 

I totally agree with you. In fact at first I was like this hero is such a brat, how on earth are they going to convince me he's better than the golden second lead??

But they did. And they were so super together, so good for each other.

I'd love to have more of your reccos. I'm keeping a sharp eye on your other 'store' thread ๐Ÿ˜†

cute gif.๐Ÿ˜†.

yeah the guy was SUCH a pain. i felt like stomping on him with pointed heels. but by the finale i could just hug the guy for being so precious. he would lash out at the girl, take a step or two back, heed his horrid family and give up on her but soon enough he will ALWAYS come back to her.
got to be one of THE most forgiving male lead of drama lead. he stands by her despite the undeniable unsurmountable crime that she was supposed to have commited.
and yes.. they were just so super together.

@gee thankh ku๐Ÿ˜ณ.
i redefine procrastination don't I? i should go back to my store and get on with the work. *aja*

thanks again bubble. and hey lots of love. finally i found someone who saw heart to heart and loved that show. *phir se hi-five*.

edit: yikes quote is off.

Edited by Banjaaran. - 5 years ago
Nabakov_Musings thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I really liked Flowers for my life.It's a korean drama. It had a very beautiful ,bittersweet message about life and death centered around a girl who was brought up in a family business involving funerals and coffins. Its beautiful . Edited by readingworms. - 5 years ago
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: readingworms.

I really liked Flowers for my life.It's a korean drama. It had a very beautiful ,bittersweet message about life and death centered around a girl who was brought up in a family business involving funerals and coffins. Its beautiful .

thank you so much for the recommendation RW.๐Ÿ˜Š.
the show sounds very interesting. would love to check this one out.
thank again.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Banjaaran25 thumbnail

Ghost.

Watching Suits made me realize how underrated Ghost was. Not that it was flawless. Far from perfect it is still a FANTASTIC show and refreshingly different from usual law, prosecutors, cops genre since it deals with cyber crime.
It is kinda sad how it misses it mentions when it comes to crime thrillers top shows.

soapbubble thumbnail
Originally posted by: readingworms.

I really liked Flowers for my life.It's a korean drama. It had a very beautiful ,bittersweet message about life and death centered around a girl who was brought up in a family business involving funerals and coffins. Its beautiful .

Good to know! I'll bookmark it right away.
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š
soapbubble thumbnail
Originally posted by: Banjaaran.

Ghost.

Watching Suits made me realize how underrated Ghost was. Not that it was flawless. Far from perfect it is still a FANTASTIC show and refreshingly different from usual law, prosecutors, cops genre since it deals with cyber crime.
It is kinda sad how it misses it mentions when it comes to crime thrillers top shows.

Oh, it's about cyber crime? I should check it out. 
Thanks.