Urmila Matondkar's work has been extremely INSPIRING-Amruta Khanvilkar

UrmilaFanForeva thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Amruta Khanvilkar on playing a dark role in Damaged: Urmila Matondkar's work has been extremely inspiring

Amruta Khanvilkar plays the lead character of Lovina, a remorseless serial killer in Damaged. In a conversation with indianexpress.com, Amruta spoke about what attracted her to play this role and how she prepared for the same.

SHARES
Written by Sampada Sharma | New Delhi | Published: June 16, 2018 11:55:24 am
Amruta Khanvilkar in damagedSidney Sheldon's books and Urmila Matondkar's performances inspired Amruta Khanvilkar for this role.

Be it comedy, thriller or drama, the various genres being offered in the world of web series are increasingly becoming diverse. Viewers, today, have multiple options to watch content and that too, at their convenience. The latest one to join the bandwagon is the Hungama Play show Damaged. Starring Amruta Khanvilkar and Amit Sial, Damaged is a dark tale of a serial killer.

The short trailer of Damaged gives an insight on the two leading characters and hints at what we can expect from this dark, edgy thriller. Amruta plays the lead character of Lovina, a remorseless killer in the show and from the trailer, one can gauge that Amruta has completely gotten into the skin of the character.

In a conversation with indianexpress.com, Amruta spoke about what attracted her to take up this sensual role. "As far the character goes, this character begins from the point where other characters usually end. In other films or shows, you keep guessing who the killer is but here, we give you that information in the first 10 minutes. The challenge was to maintain that kind of mystery that holds you, till the end.

Novels by famous author Sidney Sheldon have been a part of Amruta's childhood and those served as research for her character. She mentions that Urmila Matondkar's performances also inspired her a lot, "The kind of work she has done in Ek Haseena Thi, Bhoot, Kaun, I think it has been extremely inspiring.

Amruta Khanvilkar in damagedAmruta Khanvilkar plays a serial killer in Damaged.

The trailer may remind one of Priyanka Chopra starrer 7 Khoon Maaf but Amruta makes it clear that the treatment of these two characters is extremely different. She shares that her character in Damaged kills for the fun of it. "She has no guilt about it. She has no two doubts about it. She pushes any person to that level where he commits a mistake and she kills him and she has no guilt about it, Amruta shares about her character. She acknowledges that one might see a hint of 7 Khoon Maaf in the trailer but the show is entirely different.

Amruta was recently seen in Alia Bhatt starrer Raazi and she will be now be seen in John Abraham and Manoj Bajpayee starrer Satyamev Jayate. On that, Amruta shared, "I'm paired opposite Manoj Bajpayee. It was such a fun set to be on. Manoj Sir and I had so much fun doing scenes together.

Edited by UrmilaFanForeva - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
No Doubt in that...she's one HELL of a talent...👏
what a shame that such a talent is now being wasted...

I am surprised at RGV😡 i mean that asshole was only interested in her youth when he was working with her, despite he discovered the best out of her...wish god gives him some brains..

as for Urmila, I am praying for a great comeback from her but she always not gonna play supporting characters, or roles of mom, chachi tai etc...she's eyeing for lead roles which seems not possible 😔
Neetu_Singh112 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
glad to hear someone called her 'inspiring' . i have heard many actresses that like Amrita Rao and Esha Deol lauding her work. she is so underrated. only if only dark thrillers were really acceptable urmila would have been a queen for sure
fairandlovely thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
True.
Urmila is such a versatile actor.
Be it a innocent girl in Khubsoorat, or a psychotic woman in Pyar tune kya kiya, or a woman out to seek revenge in Ek haseena thi, or any other role that she has played in her career, she had been truly phenomenal.
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
that time only two actress had flat belly

URMILA and KARISHMA

Both were as good as one can say...

URMILA was never taken serious by other studios and was lost in RGV para dime  

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Truly! So glad to see more & more people talk about her. She truly is sooo under rated! THae most under rated actor from the 90s!! Amruta was so good In Raazi. She definitely deserves more roles.
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Happy to see Urmila receiving praises...she so deserves it.
she had put forth her gut in content movies not just flower type roles.

she was a total package but despite all that remained so underrated.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Glad that one favourite is praising another one! 
They do have a lot in common. 
Both Marathi 
Both amazing dancers 
Both have done dance reality shows in Hindi and Marathi 
Both have done dark roles 
Both hot as hell!
Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i still remember in school...
some of my female classmates used to hate her...when her Daud had just released...

called her names with 'chi...' 'gandi' 'nangi pungi' 'bitch' all those things..

the revealing costumes, her erotic dance was indeed a big deal in the 90's yet it was never vulgur but she got a lot of female hate that's I clearly remember..

and surprisingly when I met one of my friends back then, she confessed to have loved Urmila in films like 'Bas Ek Pal' 'Tehzeeb' and 'Deewangee' and she said that she had a misconception of her. Now she is no longer on screen. People's perception has changed drastically. Because 1) exposure and being sensous is not a big deal anymore

2) she was indeed an extraordinary who remained short of much better opportunities.
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
gosh she was brilliant in Raazi...
there r few actresses who can pull off negative shades...

and Urmila is Urmila...the legend in that genre no doubt