AMereWanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
With an ongoing FF and constantly brewing ideas, I thought why not write an OS until I find the right time and mood to write the next chapter of this FF.
Watching this week's episodes have unleashed my imagination to an altogether new level, and thus this OS.

This OS is inspired by Sameer's manhoosiyat, Naina's determination, Samaina_1990 (Sur) and Moumita04 (Mou)'s brilliant writing, and AshDeep's offscreen videos and pictures! 

This is also the first time I'm writing through third person perspective. You have no idea how many times I corrected the word 'I' to either Sameer or Naina 😆

Do read, review, and comment! 

SamAina OS:- Promises

"Sameer! Naina had called for the umpteenth time as her attempt went in vain. What she had imagined to be a paradise filled with cascades of roses were in reality numbered wilted ones in a garden filled with thorns. How much had she dreamt, in fact, her dreams cared no more about the time and situation. Everywhere, every place, every moment held just one name, just one emotion...Sameer.

She had gasped in glee as soon she got news of his arrival. The unbearable one year wait had finally ended. Her lips had finally curved into a meaningful smile as her heart revived with excitement. His heroic style as he roared on his bike, his flirtatious comments that made her cheeks turn crimson in love, his shuffling of hair out of habit and yet never realizing it, his arch of eyebrows every time he held one ear and pursed his lips apologetically, his faith that had more belief in her than she did herself, his determination that made her confident, his love that made her fall for him and changed her...

"Haye... She had squealed in adoration as her mind replayed all the beautiful memories with him. Taking a pillow, mistaking it to be Sameer, she had swiftly sashayed across the room only to receive a facepalm reaction from her sister, Preeti.

"Calm down, Naina... Preeti had tried, yet she herself couldn't suppress her anxiousness and jitters of exhilaration. Their school had ended and life had opened a new chapter for them; college.

"I can't wait to go to college! Naina had screamed, twirling around dreamily.

"More like you can't wait to see jijaji." Preeti clarified, making Naina blush.

Alas, she hadn't realized what life--or Sameer--had in store for her. After a lot of convincing and complications, she had been allowed admission in VJN College instead of the prestigious Patel Mahavidyalay. Not only because that's where her friends were going; not that they had several options to choose from due to their average grades. But that least concerned Naina. VJN College was where her happiness lied. Her life, her Sameer. She had jumped innumerable times and had thanked her stars a thousand times for miracling her life into heaven.

Where she had imagined Sameer to engulf her into a heart-wrenching hug, smirking at the effect he had on her, Naina received a cold and ignorant response. No matter how hard she tried, Sameer wouldn't talk to her, whatsoever. When she tried knowing the reason behind it, he wouldn't budge and Munna and Pandit were helpless. Each time she inquired with anxiety, Naina would get the same reply,

"We're sorry Naina, but Sameer made us promise we tell no one. He's doing this for your good.

Each time they would bend their heads down in disappointment at their best friend's actions and each time she would stomp her foot in despair. She tried flirting, she became flimsy, her heart jolted as it experienced new emotions like jealousy, she tried dressing fashionably; wasting 30 minutes on choosing a new dress while tormenting her lips by biting them in confusion, wearing her hair down, pairing her earrings with her dress, all for him. And what was he doing in return? Distancing himself from her, flashing his flirtatious smirk at other girls making Naina burn in envy, talking to everyone but her. Come to think of it, each day, each minute, each second, each action of his hurt her like never before.  Had he ever thought how hard Naina had tried to control her tears from falling and making her vulnerable? Ever thought how many times had she ignored the churning jealousy in the pit of her stomach? Had Sameer ever thought how it would feel when Naina convinced her heart constantly that everything would be alright, that they still had hope?

"Sameer! She tried once more as her voice echoed in the empty corridors of VJN College. It was way past 3 PM, all the students had left the campus except for two hurt and perplexed souls. Naina's shouts were turned to deaf ears, as Sameer quickened pace, not knowing where he was going. All that Naina could hear were her pants in exhaustion getting louder, and the voice of hope getting quieter. Had she lost him forever?

No. She was determined. She wouldn't leave until she talked to him. With a surge of adrenaline, she ran until she blocked his way, spreading her arms. They had reached the college grounds, with a few benches across the green pitch and the setting sun spreading hues of pink and orange.

"Naina, move. Sameer spoke for the first time in the entire day today, as Naina's heart yelped in happiness. No matter how much he gritted his teeth in anger, she could see through him. His anger could not reach his eyes, and his eyes couldn't meet hers.  

"Not until you tell me what's wrong. Naina crossed her arms.

Sameer flocked his arms in frustration, "Nothing's wrong, Naina.

"Then why aren't you talking to me, Sameer? Why do I think I've lost you? She questioned, a little softly this time.

"Because you have, Naina. The Sameer you knew doesn't exist anymore. He gritted his teeth.

"What we had... He paused before looking away, " was just a phase. Just physical attraction. It wasn't love.

To say he had hurt Naina was incomparable to how his words had just pierced through her heart. Sameer took a gulp and closed his eyes in attempt to hide the tears that threatened to appear. He never wanted to say those words to her; but he had to, for her to move on. In the past few days, her constant attempts and her determination had shaken him to the core. As much as he wanted to distance himself from her, he was amazed at the faith she had on him and their love. The melancholy was too much to handle, he had decided. He was a curse, not made for love. And he had realized it when he connected the dots; whoever he had loved had left him. His dad's absence hadn't bothered him too much because he hardly remembered anything. Nanaji's death had left him devastated. But Naina...he shuddered at the thought. Her loss would break him to such an extent where healing is no where possible. And so Sameer had decided he would distance himself from her, so that she could remain protected from his curseful wrath. But Naina was one who wouldn't listen; God, she was more stubborn that him. And so he decided to put Plan B into action. Make her hate him.

Sameer decided to walk away from her; he couldn't bear seeing her shattered, when a soft, yet firm hand snaked around his warm wrist, making his breathing hitched.

"Who are you kidding, Sameer Maheshwari? She wore an expression of hysteria as she brought him to face her, her tears that were seconds away from spilling.

"Naina, come out of your dreams! He jerked his wrist away, the absence of her touch irking her almost immediately.

"That's what I'm doing, Sameer. Only they aren't dreams but nightmares. She raised her voice before sighing deeply.

"I know you, Sameer. The real you. And I know our love. Our true and pure love. And nothing can ever tarnish the pureness of our love. His orbs held an ocean of emotions, from which Naina captured admiration and guilt for a second before they were replaced by anger. But she knew him too well to not have noticed the flicker of hope. Her lips twitched into a grin before Sameer became reluctant again,

"Naina, I don't want to talk about it. Please go. With that he turned around and started walking, hands balled into fists for causing her pain.

"Sameer. If you don't stop today, if we don't talk today, then we will never again in the future. I will turn back and once I do, you will only be able to regret. Because I won't have the strength to join torn pages of my life. Naina's words made him halt in his tracks. In a battle between his mind and his heart; his conscience and his instincts, he heard his heart cry a little louder than it usually did, he felt his instincts urge him a little more forcefully. He hesitantly turned to face Naina, who was at the distance of at least a meter. He could make out the tears brimming that contradicted the strong pretense she was trying to pull up.

"Sameer, please tell me what's wrong. We've shared everything with each other, then why not this? Before she could probe him further, Sameer vented out,

"Because if I share this with you, I will lose you forever, Naina! I won't be able to live without you. But I can't live with you either!

She inched towards him, taking each step with caution. Naina didn't want him to turn away, not again.

"Sameer... She rested her hand on his shoulder as she continued, "You'll never lose me, I promise.

"No, Naina. Don't promise when you can't fulfill it. I know you can't, not with me around. His words stupefied her but her faith refused to waver.

"I'm cursed Naina. Whoever I love is snatched away from me. First dad, then Nanaji. His loss tore me apart, Naina. But you. You mean the world to me. You're the reason I wake up every morning, you're the one who makes me smile, makes me feel special. I can't lose you, not at any cost. I can't afford to lose you, Naina. He slumped to the ground, unable to hold the burden anymore.

"Sameer... She crouched, too worried to see this ostracized side of him.

"So this is the reason. For a second, I thought you were over me. I thought Delhi changed you, that you didn't love me anymore.

What he did next, erupted the butterflies in Naina's stomach that she had assumed had died.

He suddenly took her hands into his, looking at her as if she was his only lifeline.

"Never, Naina. Never will my love for you ever diminish. You've taught me the meaning of love, Naina. Not seeing you for a minute makes me restless. How could you think I would ever betray you?

She smiled ruefully before leaving him dumbfounded, "How could you think I would ever leave you, Sameer?

He looked up at her glistening eyes as his eyes reciprocated similar emotions.

"I thought Sameer Maheshwari always abides to his promises. She scolded in mock anger, trying to lighten the mood.

"I do. He looked away.

"Then how did you forget the promise made to me? You promised you would never leave me. She spoke distantly, trying to hide the tears that weren't cooperating with her pretense.

He hesitantly made an attempt to wipe them, fingers nervous and excited to touch her soft skin. And once he did, it was as if he had found life again, it was as if she melted in his love again.

"I'm sorry, Naina. Sameer apologized without meeting her gaze. His hands were about to fall back when she held them, reviving hope in his eyes.

"Mr. Sameer Maheshwari, you must have forgotten, but this Naina Agarwal never breaks her promises. And I had promised to never leave your side. Despite your tantrums, your attitude, your anger, your ego, your--

"My love. He smiled, as she lowered my eyes in embarrassment.

Naina pointed my index finger at Sameer and spoke almost threateningly, "You are mine. And you dare do something as stupid as this--

"Then what? Sameer wore his signature smirk at seeing her Naina's possessive side.

"I will kill you! He giggled at her anger.

"I was hoping for something totally opposite...

"I love you Sameer. She confessed, making his heart burst into happiness. She wasn't shy this time, but had pride for him in her voice.

"And I love you Naina. Sameer pulled her in a hug as she finally found solace in his arms.

As the college corridors witnessed two lovers walking hand-in-hand, Naina asked in query, a question that was bombarding her mind ever since,

"Since when did you start believing in superstitions?

"Ever since I fell in love with you. His response received a light punch on his stomach as they chucked. She hugged him once more as she tightened his grip on her. They felt safe, they felt complete.

Because they were finally home.  

Hope you all liked it! Do leave in your comments! 😃
Edited by Muskan2001 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Azraa01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What an OS...
This separation track is killing all of us and I cant wait for the day they re-unite.
However until then, I will enjoy all the scenarios you talented writers give us.
Thank you for the pm and the super cute OS
PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow Muskan!
This was such a beautiful OS! You have presented Naina's hurt, Sameer's dilemma so nicely, everything was pleasing to read..
Hope to read more OS from you...Do PM me the next time!
Love,
Shreya
Edited by Mayashika - 5 years ago
Magicshop thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful loved it too much 
You write very well yaar
Keep writing 
-sree
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Muskaan! I love it! And kuch bhi...I think you can write tonnes better than I ever can...every story that I've read from you flows so effortlessly...the visualization is fantastic...n you sure have a way with words. This story again pulled me along through an emotional journey...this was so relatable...Sameer is indeed lucky to have a person like Naina in his life...n Naina well, if this is how Sameer Maheshwari loves- selflessly...need a girl want more? 
Keep writing n I'm waiting for the update to the FF...n some romance too there hehe
Love
Sur
SixteenAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely OS dear! The narrative flowed effortlessly and all the dialogues are so emotional!! 👏
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Double post. Edited by Samaina_1990 - 5 years ago
AMereWanderer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Azraa01

What an OS...
This separation track is killing all of us and I cant wait for the day they re-unite.
However until then, I will enjoy all the scenarios you talented writers give us.
Thank you for the pm and the super cute OS

Thank you so much! This was my first attempt at a SamAina OS and I'm glad to hear you liked it! 
This separation track is truly very saddening, especially Sameer and his manhoosiyat 😡😆

I'm not as talented as other writers on the forum but I'm happy I could make your day.

Thank you for reading and commenting! 

Muskan 😃
AMereWanderer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

Wow Muskan!

This was such a beautiful OS! You have presented Naina's hurt, Sameer's dilemma so nicely, everything was pleasing to read..
Hope to read more OS from you...Do PM me the next time!
Love,
Shreya

Hi Shreya, 

Thank you so much! I'm glad I could express such emotions...

Do send me a buddy request, and I'll happily send you a PM next time. 😊

Thank you 

Muskan 😃
AMereWanderer thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Dimples_

Beautiful loved it too much 

You write very well yaar
Keep writing 
-sree

Hi Sree, 
Thank you so much! It's the show, its characters, and the writers here on this forum that bring the creativity within me... 😆

Thank you so much! Do check out my other FF:- A Broken Future of Togetherness' too! 😃

Muskan 😃