Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Flame_of_Forest

Could you help with a remedy for the Broken Links issue resulted from the deletion of posts,

as it has impacted thousands of threads related to show based fan fictions where the story index has been disturbed completely and does not work any more.

The chapters in the threads have been moved by 2 to 12 pages (depending on number of post deletions) making it tough for the readers to go through several pages to find the right post / page for the chapters.

And, many of these threads are old where writers were not aware of the post based linked and have given page based links instead. The threads are closed now, even the writers may not be active, so less chances of getting it corrected.

Also, if the posts where links and images which are no longer working will be removed in future, then it will further impact the story index as some of the links will point to non-existent page (the links pointing to the last pages of the thread which are removed now)

It would be helpful if you can keep the threads related to show fan fictions/stories intact. Thx.

Oh I don't even think of that
Anyways thank you, as I would have been oblivious to this issue if I hadn't read this.

The direct post's link remain in tact? They don't change right!?
Flame_of_Forest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khidki

Oh I don't even think of that
Anyways thank you, as I would have been oblivious to this issue if I hadn't read this.

The direct post's link remain in tact? They don't change right!?

direct post link will work fine even through the page number changes/deletions

but now the post deletions have impacted a lot of fan fiction threads here as many writers are/were not aware of it.

ikhtiyar thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Waiting for IF to update it's emojis and also present the app. 
Sutapasima thumbnail
I think this post reduction thing has been noticed by my friends a week back ... Now I know why .
 All my posts are mostly WUs ...so till now I am thankfully not affected . 
Edited by Sutapasima - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Fair enough. I for one, did have a lot of posts that I wanted to delete so, well, thanks! ðŸ˜†

BTW, though I'm sure you'll be knowing of it, there are a lot of threads which we have, over time, created by mistake, and although we left messages for the DT to look through and delete them, some of them still remain only locked. Now I'm guessing since these don't actually fit the bill for 'spam posts', they won't be auto-cleared so can someone please look through these and trash them? 😳

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flame_of_Forest

Could you help with a remedy for the Broken Links issue resulted from the deletion of posts,

as it has impacted thousands of threads related to show based fan fictions where the story index has been disturbed completely and does not work any more.

The chapters in the threads have been moved by 2 to 12 pages (depending on number of post deletions) making it tough for the readers to go through several pages to find the right post / page for the chapters.

And, many of these threads are old where writers were not aware of the post based linked and have given page based links instead. The threads are closed now, even the writers may not be active, so less chances of getting it corrected.

Also, if the posts where links and images which are no longer working will be removed in future, then it will further impact the story index as some of the links will point to non-existent page (the links pointing to the last pages of the thread which are removed now)

It would be helpful if you can keep the threads related to show fan fictions/stories intact. Thx.

We will be removing external non working links.

We will figure out a way so that internal link still works. However we recommend members to use direct post link.

Regards,
Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rai-kishori.

Fair enough. I for one, did have a lot of posts that I wanted to delete so, well, thanks! ðŸ˜†

BTW, though I'm sure you'll be knowing of it, there are a lot of threads which we have, over time, created by mistake, and although we left messages for the DT to look through and delete them, some of them still remain only locked. Now I'm guessing since these don't actually fit the bill for 'spam posts', they won't be auto-cleared so can someone please look through these and trash them? 😳

Yes. Can we please have a place where we can put up the links to threads - that are spam or the kind. So that its easier for the IF team to delete also. Whenever any member comes across such threads they can put up the link in this thread so that it can be removed at earliest.?
Flame_of_Forest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

We will be removing external non working links.

We will figure out a way so that internal link still works. However we recommend members to use direct post link.

Regards,

ohh..ok..the removal is for external links only. Thanks for your reply.

on the fan fiction index broken links, during the last year post deletions only some threads were impacted, but this time around almost every story thread index is disturbed and is not working.

Going through several pages to find the chapters makes it time consuming and less usable. And any workaround for this seems to be difficult or almost impossible for an automated way while much time consuming for a manual approach.

It would really help if the old/current threads (for fan fictions or story threads or similar alike which contain an index of links) remain intact while the post deletions can happen for future threads once the users/writers are made aware of the post-based links.
or may be if it can be controlled by preventing a spam post while posting the reply itself.

will wait for the fix though. Hope to get it soon. Thx.

Kinarandomness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Mishh007.

You removed 9k of my posts and i'm Pretty sure most of them weren't +1 or one word or smiley posts... Dunno what you are actually deleting...

Same here around 7000+ posts are deleted ðŸ˜•

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Will IF App be available in iOS i.e. Apple devices?