Pinpointing the Timeline Error..... Serious Post

Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
After yesterday's episode many are in dilemma what is going on with the timeline and how it happened?😕

So, I tried to solve the jigsaw puzzle.
We got timeline info through two means i,e
Promos and explicitly by CVs in the show

First promo...kisi se aise takrai ke 1990 ki woh February ab tak hai mujhe yaad.
Shaadi Promo...toh dekhni padegi 1990 ki woh shaadi.

As far as I remember, they have mentioned timeline at three occasions
1) Rakesh talking about 1991 calendar before Mount Abu trip
2) Varun jiju saying it is nine months gap between engagement and wedding
3) Yesterday's May 1991 Delhi

I am from Maharashtra and I know similar academic pattern in Gujarat also.
Academic year starts from June and ends at May. 1 to 9 and 11th standard exams are conducted by schools as per their requirement and ease. 10th and 12th are board exams which generally takes place in March. Selection of headboy/monitor done at the beginning of academic year.

I believe whenever CVs start any project, atleast 10-12 months scripts is prepared beforehand without any major bloopers.
And Promos are decided by channels. To grab more eyeballs maybe channel decided to mention Feb as it is related with valentine, romance, love and Mohabbatein wali Gulabi thandi.😉

So, Replace the promos as 
First promo...kisi se aise takrai ke 1990 ki woh July ab tak hai mujhe yaad.
Shaadi Promo...toh dekhni padegi 1991 ki woh shaadi.

Now it makes sense, School started in June 1990, Sameer was thrown out in July 1990, joins PVKM in July 1990, Engagement happened in August 1990 , so marriage after 9 months in April 1991 .And Mount Abu trip in December 1990.
The Farewell was for 1990-1991 batch.

What chaos promos created, maybe CVs wanted to take things again in their hand by explicitly mentioning May-1991 as their further story depends upon this timeline.

I am at peace with this timeline,are you? Do comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If we go by this... it does make sense... but they have really messed up with the timelines... Poojas wedding card showed 29th January 1990...
The toppers name board.. all confusing... 
Lochan sir and other teachers talking about Mr Chandrashekhar as the new PM...
They have actually messed up with the timelines ðŸ˜†
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
HI Ross, welcome to the forum.

To add to the confusion of TL... watch the first episode around 1:43 she says 1988-1989 class 10th. So if that would mean she gave her 11th exams in 1990.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCLnL95KFA[/YOUTUBE]

Nandy

Edited by Infofan - 6 years ago
Laksh2000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Infofan

HI Ross, welcome to the forum.

To add to the confusion of TL... watch the first episode around 1:43 she says 1988-1989 class 10th. So if that would mean she gave her 11th exams in 1990.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCLnL95KFA[/YOUTUBE]

Nandy

I think the writers themselves know that they have messed with the timelines. So may be they want to start fresh starting from May 1991. hope they dont mess it up again
toshibelekar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes galti se mistake galti se mistake.
 Now wait for May 21 One more twist n leap. 
toshibelekar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So,  Now u think may 1 1991, Sam in Delhi 
N after 20 days exam n Taiji drama. 

May 21 comes with other twist.
dilse99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think the creatives just didn't put much effort into thinking this through.

Yes, definitely the first promo mentioning Feb 1990 made no sense at all. It had to be June or July. In the episode where Naina gets lice in her hair, Swati is reading the newspaper in class - she reads an article about the 1990 Kuwait Airlift, which was in August. So that was ok, but it is a little unbelievable that the Mount Abu trip was so many months later in December. And again, unbelievable that December through April was Sameer's redemption track, but if that's what it was, then I guess I'll go with it. 😊

Pooja's wedding card mentioning January 29th for the shaadi is what threw many off, but I guess if we ignore that, then April shaadi it is. 😆
aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
They have had a time discrepancy since the start... the promo was wrong for starters. Sameer and Naina would have only met in June or July 1990, not February. and all they references so far have been from that point forward... 

As for the latest I think they skipped a few weeks in the show between that bike ride and the farewell... so they jumped from February/ March to April and then they are going from there... just a guess! 

Honestly Indian shows are never accurate in this aspect... but somehow this show has maintained a chronological order with some reference to some events or movies...
Edited by aardhan - 6 years ago
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I guess it makes more sense now...but I am at my wits end how come 2 promos had bloopers...as it is...hardly the show gets any promos...I mean don't the makers cross check them? N yet...farewell ho raha hai 1991 me...to why would they write 1990 in the show. It's evident they are not paying attention to the show. Again when Rakesh is asking for 1991 calendar, the Mt. Abu trip is over...assuming it is Dec (even in promo). Before the mt. Abu trip, mundit were like...trip ke baad 11th khatam...n Naina ko patane ka mauka bhi khatam...n even 12th guys were like hamare to boards hain hero (state or central)...the timelines have been really messed up if you ask me. 
Laksh2000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dilse99

I think the creatives just didn't put much effort into thinking this through.

Yes, definitely the first promo mentioning Feb 1990 made no sense at all. It had to be June or July. In the episode where Naina gets lice in her hair, Swati is reading the newspaper in class - she reads an article about the 1990 Kuwait Airlift, which was in August. So that was ok, but it is a little unbelievable that the Mount Abu trip was so many months later in December. And again, unbelievable that December through April was Sameer's redemption track, but if that's what it was, then I guess I'll go with it. 😊

Pooja's wedding card mentioning January 29th for the shaadi is what threw many off, but I guess if we ignore that, then April shaadi it is. 😆

uss wedding card ki baat mat karo. usme toh varun ko varun aggarwal likh liya tha. ghar jamai banane ka soch rahe the shayaad.