Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manasi90 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually u are right. Our system follows this rule. I think creatives, CV's and everyone are under a little pressure of fast-forwarding the story-line to college era were they have major content coming up. And I think regarding yest episode, CV's know how much pressure they are for Samaina scenes thus they gave us a hit and miss epi. It was to give us another chance of feeling their heart wrenching scenes. 
I think yest epi was extras one and dedicated to us. 

Arjst thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Something I would like to point out.
Most of boarding schools in Nainitaal were associated with ICSE board and there session lasted from January to November. so Its possible that Sameer started in his 11 in January 1990 and was thrown out by Feb 90.

Originally posted by: -Ross-

After yesterday's episode many are in dilemma what is going on with the timeline and how it happened?😕

So, I tried to solve the jigsaw puzzle.
We got timeline info through two means i,e
Promos and explicitly by CVs in the show

First promo...kisi se aise takrai ke 1990 ki woh February ab tak hai mujhe yaad.
Shaadi Promo...toh dekhni padegi 1990 ki woh shaadi.

As far as I remember, they have mentioned timeline at three occasions
1) Rakesh talking about 1991 calendar before Mount Abu trip
2) Varun jiju saying it is nine months gap between engagement and wedding
3) Yesterday's May 1991 Delhi

I am from Maharashtra and I know similar academic pattern in Gujarat also.
Academic year starts from June and ends at May. 1 to 9 and 11th standard exams are conducted by schools as per their requirement and ease. 10th and 12th are board exams which generally takes place in March. Selection of headboy/monitor done at the beginning of academic year.

I believe whenever CVs start any project, atleast 10-12 months scripts is prepared beforehand without any major bloopers.
And Promos are decided by channels. To grab more eyeballs maybe channel decided to mention Feb as it is related with valentine, romance, love and Mohabbatein wali Gulabi thandi.😉

So, Replace the promos as 
First promo...kisi se aise takrai ke 1990 ki woh July ab tak hai mujhe yaad.
Shaadi Promo...toh dekhni padegi 1991 ki woh shaadi.

Now it makes sense, School started in June 1990, Sameer was thrown out in July 1990, joins PVKM in July 1990, Engagement happened in August 1990 , so marriage after 9 months in April 1991 .And Mount Abu trip in December 1990.
The Farewell was for 1990-1991 batch.

What chaos promos created, maybe CVs wanted to take things again in their hand by explicitly mentioning May-1991 as their further story depends upon this timeline.

I am at peace with this timeline,are you? Do comment.

nancyrio90 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well honestly even if there was any goof up..it's ok...
We r in that era of nineties and now they have given a clear date to take the story forward is all that matters now!
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Naina completed her 10th in 1989, so she should have completed 12th by May 1991 (or at least her batch should have), but that isnt happening and the batch senior to them is giving their 12th exam. 
Mt. Abu actually happened in November because once they returned, they had 2 days leave from school and it was during these two days that the date 10th November 1990 occurred (ChandrShekhar became the PM) 

Shaadi to should have been in 1991, so would consider that to be a blooper too, plus saying 1990 ki shaadi not necessarily mean 1990, people in lame way call 1991-92 as 1990 too so thats not an issue  but even if we exclude that the fact that Naina completed her 10th in 1989 doesnt match here

So lets all agree to a thing that in  the Gujarat state board session was late by a year during that time (happened a lot in state universities during nineties) and hence they took 3 years to complete a batch of 2 years
KashafZaroon30 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
School started in June 1990... first promo blooper agreed with you

Mt Abu trip, the day Naina reached home it was November 1990 as Chandrashekhar PM was elected...

Pooja's wedding can't be in April I feel as it will be long stretch of 6 months between bet revelation and shaadi...So her wedding has to be around Jan 1991

What Varun said was a major blooper...he got engaged around Shravan mahina and shravan is always around July-Aug in India...it has to be 6 months of engagement

Then after Pooja'a shaadi Arjun's 12th board in March...schools can conduct 11th exams as per will but 12th has to be in March and hence the farewell in Feb 1991...

Schools in Ahmedabad are hardly open in May and hardly conduct exams in May as it is extremely hot temperature

But I agree promo of 1990 ki shaadi doesn't exactly mean the year...they indicated the era of 90s and the wedding style at that time.
Edited by KashafZaroon30 - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: KashafZaroon30

School started in June 1990... first promo blooper agreed with you

Mt Abu trip, the day Naina reached home it was November 1990 as Chandrashekhar PM was elected...

Pooja's wedding can't be in April I feel as it will be long stretch of 6 months between bet revelation and shaadi...So her wedding has to be around Jan 1991

What Varun said was a major blooper...he got engaged around Shravan mahina and shravan is always around July-Aug in India...it has to be 6 months of engagement

Then after Pooja'a shaadi Arjun's 12th board in March...schools can conduct 11th exams as per will but 12th has to be in March and hence the farewell in Feb 1991...

Schools in Ahmedabad are hardly open in May and hardly conduct exams in May as it is extremely hot temperature

But I agree promo of 1990 ki shaadi doesn't exactly mean the year...they indicated the era of 90s and the wedding style at that time.

As I mentioned in the previous comment, since Naina completed 10th in 1989, hence 1991 should be the year she completes her 12th not Arjun who completes 12th there. In that case Naina completed her 10th in 1990, and the fact that she topped class 10th in 1989 becomes a blooper
KashafZaroon30 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

As I mentioned in the previous comment, since Naina completed 10th in 1989, hence 1991 should be the year she completes her 12th not Arjun who completes 12th there. In that case Naina completed her 10th in 1990, and the fact that she topped class 10th in 1989 becomes a blooper

I agree with you here...now after all this I guess we can safely say Maximum timelines are a blooper...they do time travel Hermione wala... 😆
Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Infofan

HI Ross, welcome to the forum.

To add to the confusion of TL... watch the first episode around 1:43 she says 1988-1989 class 10th. So if that would mean she gave her 11th exams in 1990.

Nandy

Hi Nandy, thanks for the welcome. After your post I re-waatc he'd the first episode.

After re-watching the first episode, I noticed 

Topper List at Board
1988- Naina Agarwal
1989- Naina Agarwal

She says 1988,1989 topper .1989 was the last year when she topped.

So, putting 2+2=4, here I conclude.

PVKM school and its students has weird habit or call it a tradition to mention previous year of academic session as the batch
Like the Board should be read as
1988-1989- Naina Agarwal
1989-1990  Naina Agarwal

She passed her tenth in year 1990 but refers as 1989 batch topper. Now it makes sense why they wrote 1990 batch for farewell as academic year was 1990-1991. (they use previous year as reference for the batch)

Hence I will call it custom or habit of PVKM school and students, which goes very well with my timeline instead of calling it as messed up timeline.
Does it make some sense to you?

Originally posted by: -Ross-

Hi Nandy, thanks for the welcome. After your post I re-waatc he'd the first episode.

After re-watching the first episode, I noticed 

Topper List at Board
1988- Naina Agarwal
1989- Naina Agarwal

She says 1988,1989 topper .1989 was the last year when she topped.

So, putting 2+2=4, here I conclude.

PVKM school and its students has weird habit or call it a tradition to mention previous year of academic session as the batch
Like the Board should be read as
1988-1989- Naina Agarwal
1989-1990  Naina Agarwal

She passed her tenth in year 1990 but refers as 1989 batch topper. Now it makes sense why they wrote 1990 batch for farewell as academic year was 1990-1991. (they use previous year as reference for the batch)

Hence I will call it custom or habit of PVKM school and students, which goes very well with my timeline instead of calling it as messed up timeline.
Does it make some sense to you?

Even that doesnt go here, because she said that 1989 was the last year she topped, that means she wouldnt have topped the exams which were held in 1990, now if she completed her 10th in 1990, then she didn't top in the exams of that year, which isn't the case as she did was the topper for class 10
Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Even that doesnt go here, because she said that 1989 was the last year she topped, that means she wouldnt have topped the exams which were held in 1990, now if she completed her 10th in 1990, then she didn't top in the exams of that year, which isn't the case as she did was the topper for class 10

Hi FP, I think you didn't get my point.  I meant ,when she said 1989 was the last year she topped, she actually meant she had topped for 1989-1990 batch, where exams were held in 1990 for Class 10.