Gauri Khan reveals that daughter Suhana's going to appear on a magazin - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
They've seen their parents getting so much love, power, money and respect from the world. How will they ever be able to settle in some boring profession like microbiology or IT programming or something? It's just not realistic to expect that.

Same way the Ambani kids will join the business and not try to go get jobs in other companies. It's not practical to do that when your parents have already built a foundation that you can use.

I really wish Suhana didn't want to be an actress though. She's grown up with so much privilege that she's likely to live in a bubble and not understand reality. The real world is harsh especially for girls who are not traditionally beautiful. It would have been much better for her to concentrate on directing or producing.
Edited by anonymous39 - 6 years ago
Mahabhootni thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JustMySelf

I always wonder why do these star children only choose acting n films?
is it because they are filthy rich n spoiled so cannot study n become
something different n filmy launch comes easy to them or do they genuinely
love this glamour world n are ready to fail here ?

Even flop actors make crores with minimal hard  work. Some of my friends are making excellent money , first pay is 100 thousand dollars out of college kind of good, but holy shit the amount of work they have to do is insane. My best friend spends weeks on an oil rig to get her due and all my doctor friends have zero social lives. Even as flop actor you can get money from attending weddings and shop openings. j
DarkUnicorn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Suhana maybe not be supermodel beautiful but she is very pretty. her eyes are very expressive.
I don't want to write her off this easily cause she hasn't had the chance to show her talent or lack of.
Maybe she might surprise us like Alia did. Cause I had no faith in her after SOTY. But she did turn out to be a good actress.
But I think Suhana still need a good 2-3 years to grow into her features... she still got the baby face.
Soha Ali Khan is well educated and was working as in investment banker in NY. But even she chose to come back and do flop movies and hover around on the outskirts of stardom. It's a relatively easy life and you don't have to work that hard and still make more money than you can in regular jobs.

There's always TV shows and hosting and cutting ribbons for shop openings, etc. There are a lot of ways to make money in the glam industry even if you're a flop actor.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Mahabhootni: Exactly. Though flop/Dgrade actors too put in a LOT of work, lol. No money is for free or earned through not doing work. But the idea that people who have a shot at being important, rich & famous will want to slog at average/ real world well-paid jobs to satisfy some self-righteous notion of wanting to do well by our own values & notions of a 'good job' that I see all too often on this forum; is EXTREMELY amusing to me!! Who on Earth will want to be a random doctor/Engineer when they can be a well-paid, known actor even if he is a D-grade level? Too many people, is your answer. And for star kids it's an entirely different deal!!! Of course they will want to be a part of BW & why should they not, lmaooo!Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: -ShotOfTequila-

But I think Suhana still need a good 2-3 years to grow into her features... she still got the baby face.

That's true. She's still at an awkward age and might grow into her looks but she won't be able to make a career on them. Best case scenario is that she's a really good actress and lights up the screen the way Rani or Kajol did. Anyway, she won't come in movies for a few years at least since SRK insists on them graduating from college. 

Still though I think if the Khan family is going to have a next generation star, it's more likely to be Abram. There's enough of an age difference too that by the time he's ready to work, SRK's stardom won't matter that much and people might be ready to see his kid. There's not enough of a time gap between SRK and Aryan. 
DarkUnicorn thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous39

They've seen their parents getting so much love, power, money and respect from the world. How will they ever be able to settle in some boring profession like microbiology or IT programming or something? It's just not realistic to expect that.

Same way the Ambani kids will join the business and not try to go get jobs in other companies. It's not practical to do that when your parents have already built a foundation that you can use.

I really wish Suhana didn't want to be an actress though. She's grown up with so much privilege that she's likely to live in a bubble and not understand reality. The real world is harsh especially for girls who are not traditionally beautiful. It would have much better for her to concentrate on directing or producing.

Suhana is going to get a huge reality check when she gets launched. Like you said.. she's privileged, has been living in a bubble and most probably has a British accent to go with that.
The general public isn't very nice to actors with an accent...
she's already got the pressure of her fathers legacy, add to that her simple looks and an accent. She has a tough road ahead of her. Hopefully SrK and Gauri know what they are doing.
DarkUnicorn thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous39

That's true. She's still at an awkward age and might grow into her looks but she won't be able to make a career on them. Best case scenario is that she's a really good actress and lights up the screen the way Rani or Kajol did. Anyway, she won't come in movies for a few years at least since SRK insists on them graduating from college.

Still though I think if the Khan family is going to have a next generation star, it's more likely to be Abram. There's enough of an age difference too that by the time he's ready to work, SRK's stardom won't matter that much and people might be ready to see his kid. There's not enough of a time gap between SRK and Aryan.

AbRam is most probably going to be the star of the family. He's already loved so much.

But I don't think Aryan is going to become an actor... he seems very interested in film making. SrK has said many times in interviews Aryan always comes on sets to see how the production is going like checking to see how the lights work and what they do... etc etc plus he's been interning backstage in many us advertisements.
So there's so huge chance Aryan is going to take over RCE.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^^This is true, Aryan doesn't seem interested at all in doing films as an actor but taking over RCE is exactly what I feel he will do! He seems ambitious & his mother says he's a lot like SRK. A producer is a power job & I can see Aryan taking to that. I was just speculating that if he does enter films, I've a feeling he'll do well.
^There was an interview SRK did I think during Fan time, early 2016, when he mentioned that he sent Aryan away to London because he was getting really disturbed by everyone trying to turn him into an actor. 

found it. I'm guessing most of the pressure was from Karan uncle ðŸ˜†

There is a lot of pressure on Aryan to be a hero too...

Now, that my son is grown up into a handsome young man, everyone tells him that he will become a star. Long-time back, he asked me, "Papa will I become a hero? I asked him whether he really wants to become one. He said, "No, I am a little confused. That's why I have sent him away to study. Let him educate himself, grow up, play games and let him have his option where he can decide what he wants to do. No one in London asks him if he wants to act. I got disturbed by the fact that he was being forced into acting through peer pressure. There is a lot of pressure on him even now.

I can realise what pressure children of famous people are facing. Like Sachin Tendulkar's son. I realise how much pressure Abhishek (Bachchan) must be facing all the time. It's a difficult place. I made this choice of becoming a recognised actor and I won't hide behind dark glasses, I want people to see my face but at the same time, I don't want my family to be under that kind of pressure.

Let me tell you a story, I had an uncle, who was into acting in tamasha (the street plays). He was a handsome man and he never married.  He would always tell us, "You should not have a family if you are a public figure. I realise that now. My problems should be mine because I have chosen acting as a profession. I cannot pass them on to my family. Never.

https://www.bonobology.com/gauri-is-the-superwoman-in-my-life-srk/