Ms.Lizzie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Maan restricted little hands and feet of two year old Ayaan from moving by hugging him closer to him.

"Shh... he whispered in Ayaan's ears, "Maa is sleeping. You shouldn't disturb her. Maan placed a kiss on Ayaan's cheeks and took him to the bathroom.

Once released from his father's hold and left freely inside the tub, Ayaan started to shake his hands and head vigorously.

"Want mumma. He declared in a stubborn tone splashing water on Maan and preventing him from nearing the tub.

"Ayaan is a good boy, isn't he? asked Maan in a patient voice kneeling in front of his son. "See, papa even bought new spider man toy for you to play while bathing.

The new spider man toy which was larger and more colourful than the one already in his collection distracted Ayaan for a while taking advantage of which Maan bathe his son as quickly as possible before he asks for his mumma.

The most difficult part was washing his face. Maan has still not learned to use soap without getting it inside Ayaan's eyes, an art only his wife has mastered. As he cannot afford to make his boy cry fighting with soap, Maan decided to skip washing his face for the day. Hopefully his wife will be alright tomorrow and take care of her ladla beta.

It all started with two scoops of ice cream after being drenched in winter rain. If only he was able to resist Geet's pleading eyes and pouting lips, she wouldn't have come down with flu. Whole night she was shivering and coughing and just in the morning after two tablets and one injection her temperature has come down a bit, still she is not completely alright. Maan decided to let her sleep as long as she wants and took the responsibility of his son from when he woke up. He knew handling mumma's boy even for a day was going to tedious task, but Maan didn't have the heart to disturb his wife.

Standing in front of the widely opened cupboard, father and son duo presented similar picture by placing one hand on the hip and other was scratching their head in confusion.

"What to wear? asked Maan, though he knows Ayaan will not have a proper answer to it.

"Mumma. Said Ayaan pointing to Geet's sarees hung on the right end.

Ayaan's crazy mumma has spoiled him with the custom of wearing T-shirt to match her saree or salwar colour and now Ayaan wanted to select something similar to his mumma's saree colour.

"Today you colour coordinate with papa, okay? said Maan picking a cream coloured turtle neck T shirt for Ayaan and same colour shirt for him.  

"Papa... complained Ayaan pulling his T-shirt not knowing how to tell his papa that he didn't like the colour. If only it was his mumma she would have known how much Ayaan hates full arm T-shirts.

The whole family was gathered for breakfast when Maan reached there with Ayaan.

"Good morning everyone. Greeted Maan

"Ood Moning. Said Ayaan with a smile and Namaste as taught by his mumma.

"How is Geet? asked Daadi concerned.

"She is better, Daadi. Said Maan taking his place beside Daadi. "She is sleeping. I didn't want to disturb her. I will wake her up after breakfast, she got to have some food and meds.

"What will Ayaan have? asked Meera

"Toast? asked Maan looking at Ayaan unsure

Ayaan who was sitting on the table in front of his father shook his head vehemently.

"Parata? Omlet?'' Maan gave options

"Mumma. Said Ayaan in almost a crying voice. This was his first time even coming to breakfast table without his mumma. Though he loves his papa and other family members a lot, his day is complete only with his mumma.

"Bechara. Commented Dev. He must be missing Geet.

"He cried a lot insisting to sleep beside Geet only. I had to sleep on the recliner with him on chest and tell all sort of funny stories before he slept that too very late only. Said Maan patting Ayaan's head lovingly

Everyone admired the way Maan was interacting with Ayaan. To see a commitment phobic Maan fall in love and get hitched is one thing and seeing him as a doting and responsible father is another.

"Kya kayega mera bacha? asked Maan in a very patient tone.

"ake. Said Ayaan.

"We will have cake after breakfast. Said Meera trying to distract him.Now, baby should have toast or paratha.

Ayaan shook his head wobbling his hands in denial and kept his head on his father's chest. "Mumma. He mumbled knowing only his mumma can give him whatever he wants.

"Chodo Meera, I will make cake for my champ. Said Dev as he stood up from his place and walked towards Maan. Taking Ayaan in his hands he said,Bhai, you go and take care of Geet. I and Meera will feed him breakfast.

Maan placed a kiss on Ayaan's head, said,No shararti. Before walking back to his room with breakfast plate for Geet.

Geet just exited the washroom when Maan entered their bedroom. Maan immediately rushed beside her and held her by shoulder.

"I am fine Maan. She said but he was adamant and carefully led her to bed and made her comfortable.

"I bought breakfast for you. Said Maan placing plate of fruits and toast in front of her.

"I don't...

"Geet, I am not hearing any of it. You have to eat. He said with concern

Geet didn't have the heart to argue with her husband though she didn't have appetite even for fruits.

"Ayaan? she asked while munching on apple slice

"Dev is making him have breakfast. Don't worry. I will take care of him. He said as he took a slice of orange from the plate and fed her.

Touching her forehead Maan commented, "Fever has gone down, but I want you to rest the whole day, okay?

"But, Ayaan...

"Geet I can take care of him. He is my son as well.

"Maan, he can be very adamant.

"I know just like his mother. Added Maan

"Kya? pouted Geet

Maan chuckled at her cute expression. He bent forward to kiss her before tucking her in the bed.

"Take rest. We both can go for a day without you.

Geet highly doubted it. However, she smiled at her husband before closing her eyes to take another nap.

Maan emptied whole pile of papers, crayons and sketches in front of Ayaan, as he made him sit in the study.

"Now, papa has only few minutes of work, okay? A very important call. You can draw beautiful pictures and we will show it to mumma later.

"Mumma!! asked Ayaan excited at the prospect of flaunting his skills to his mom.

Maan was about to walk away when Ayaan started to chant mumma'. Maan sighed as he knelt beside his son.

"Just few minutes. He pleaded

"I wan mumma. Declared Ayaan stubbornly. It was almost afternoon and Ayaan has still not met his mumma. It was a first and he didn't appreciate it.

"Papa will take you to park.

"Mumma said Ayaan and to express his displeasure more strongly he threw the crayon from his hand.

Maan narrowed his eyes at his son and commented, "Very very bad boy.

One, his mumma was missing and two, his papa scolded him this immediately made Ayaan weep bitterly.

"Acha, please don't cry. Pleaded Maan taking Ayaan in his arms.

Ayaan hugged his father closer nevertheless expressed his anger by pulling the end of his hair.

"Ouch, Ayaan, don't. Warned Maan

"Mumma. Wept Ayaan more

"Bas, stop saying mumma mumma. Can't you see she is unwell. Won't you let her rest her for a day? he asked irritated. As if he understood his papa's words Ayaan immediately quietened and look at his father. "You will be with me whole day , okay?

Ayaan nodded a no and let out a sob saying "Mumma

Maan sighed helplessly. He cupped Ayaan's cheeks and kissed him repeatedly. He was well aware of how much Ayaan is missing Geet. After all he was a mumma's boy when he was of Ayaan's age. How will he make his son understand that his mumma needs rest? To see his ever enthusiastic wife sick is in itself very hard. To handle a adamant son is very difficult.

"Momma has fever. Said Maan touching his forehead and making a burning gesture as if to make Ayaan understand. "Mumma has to sleep only then she will be able to play with Ayaan tomorrow. " he said

Ayaan looked at his father keenly trying to understand what he means. He pouted cutely and nodded as he understood what his father said.

"Now, can papa and Ayaan go out to do some work that papa has? We can bring some toys while returning. He said

"'Ol appa? asked Ayaan

"Gol gappa for mumma! asked Maan with an amused smile extremely proud that his son always keeps his mother his priority. "Definitely. He added

It was early evening when Maan and Ayaan came back to their room. Geet was leaning on the bed post looking at her phone. Her eyes brightened seeing her favourite boys and she smiled widely. One look at her and Maan knew she was better.

Maan placed Ayaan on the bed and handed him the parcel he was carrying that held everything that Ayaan purchased for his mumma.

Geet hugged Ayaan and kissed his hair.

"Did my baby miss me? she asked

"A lot. Answered Maan taking his place beside his wife and son. "I am very jealous of you Geet. I don't think he loves me even half as much as he loves you/ said Maan

Geet looked at Maan understanding he meant what he said.

"That is not true. She said as she leaned in to kiss his cheeks

Ayaan observed his mother before copying her action and kissing his father.

"Ayaan lub mumma papa he said clapping his hand

"Mumma more or papa more? asked Maan

Ayaan looked between his parents wondering what he was supposed to say. Not sure of the answer he returned to pick his toy with a shrug.

Couple of weeks later Maan returned late from work. Room was dark and he was sure his wife and son were already asleep. So, quietly he refreshed and took his place in the bed. He was surprised when two chubby hands held his cheeks and kissed him. He immediately switched on the light to see his son smiling at him widely.

Light has disturbed Geet's sleep and she woke up wiping her eyes.

"Maan you are back? she asked then turning her sight she realized Ayaan was wide awake. "Arre you didn't sleep yet?

"Why are you awake so late? asked Maan looking at Ayaan

Ayaan hugged his father's shoulder and kissed his cheeks again.

"Ood nigh issy. He answered

Maan turned to look at his wife questioningly.

"He wanted to give you good night kiss before sleeping as usual. I said you will be late but he was not ready to sleep. I slept while telling him a story. I can't believe he is still awake. " Geet said yawning.

"Were you waiting for papa? asked Maan touched

"Papa.. Ayaan hugged him smiling.

Overwhelmed by the love Maan kissed Ayaan all over his face making him giggle.

"I love you so much. He said

"Ayaan lub mumma papa Ayaan replied smiling widely.

Later that night when Geet and Maan were in bed with Ayaan in between, Ayaan looked between his mumma and papa. He rolled towards his papa and kissed his cheeks, then rolled towards his mumma and kissed her as well. He then came back to his position and took both their hands in his happily.

Maan and Geet looked at cute antics of their son proudly.

Maan caressed his wife's hand that was between his hand and their son's chest.

"Thank you so much for giving him Geet. he said

"So now you understood he loves you equally? asked Geet

Maan nodded smiling

"You don't want a daughter now?

"I can never say no for having another child with you. Said Maan winking making his wife giggle.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
its sweet n beautiful os
so beautifully depict a child always love both parents equally ...
do write more... loved to read ur works 
-SwaSan- thumbnail
Such a beautiful os...
Their bonding in the end and how maan take care of his wife so so sweet...
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Congrats on another OS! thanks 4 da pm! spectacular OS! loved it! beautifully written! Geet unwell and Maan takes care of their son who is more closer 2 Geet! admire how Maan takes care of Ayush! Maan feels that Ayush loves Geet more but Ayush waited for his dad to give him a good night kiss! Ayush loves his parents equally! 👏⭐️😊
deep002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome os dear,ayan loved his mumma papa equally 
sagorika93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awww...such a cute os ...
Ayaan is so cute ...
maan is a caring father definitely ...he took care of ayaan so well..but ayaan he is a darling and completely mama's boy ..but loves his parents equally .
Rahiramesh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow
This is was cute n adorable with extra cute aayaan n his antics
Maan handled him for a day not bothering his sick wife but it was not so easy for Mumma's boy Aayaan
While the little boy could not answer whom does he love more
The other day just to give good night kiss to his father he stayed awake till late night
Proving that he loves both his parents...

Loved it...
Edited by Rahiramesh - 6 years ago
latecomer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aww! its very lovely maan taking care of their son.
superbly written.
tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely os...
Thanks 
Srivalli.t thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing os!!
Loved it.
That was so cute n adorable.