Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Mangothyme, u put in my thoughts exactly wrt Anami. Earlier also, I agreed about Adhi-Anami relation. And guys, many of u think that Anami needs redemption. But as Mangothyme put it correctly, how can u expect it? For 17 years she was abandoned. She had questions. If u recollect early episodes, she used to come home crying from school, about how she was made fun of. She is a teenager. Imagine yourselves in her position. She was ridiculed by society for no fault of hers. But a stigma attached to her. As adults also our egos when hurt, go into revenge mode; in that age any child will have questions about itself; that growing up; that ego. She was battered. And as Mangothyme put it correctly, everytime it was her foster parents who supported her; who loved her unconditionally; those smaal scoldings; those feelings of pain empathised with her by them especially Madhu was well etched. So she had a natural anger over her mother. But she started believing her when Ladoo was kidnapped. And that trust broke yesterday by Sat's confession. What had Sat done in the past 17 years? She literally forgot Anami existed. It was only after Vat's death when Guruji reminded her of her daughter, and coaxed and goaded by him she went to Benaras. It is to her credit that initially she was hesitant. But when Guruji told her that Anami was her mirror image that the first signs of meltdown started. But the manner in which she dragged Anami out of Pathks' house was cruel. Same with keeping Ladoo.
But I am happy they didn't show Sat as immediately changing into goody goody. Her motherly feelings arose and they brought out her selfishness. Credit to the writers for this. 
And yesterday, she was as some of u put it at her vulnerable most. And so came out the truth. And it came to her daughter. It will take Anami time to understand that. 
Yes, Anami will also have a heartbreak to regain her trust of her mother. But I wonder who will do that. I don't think it would be Sudha. Should be someone more close. 
One more thing. I think it will be Panditayein who will slap Sat out of her vain stupor. It needs someone like her who needs to make Sat understand what motherhood is. Not Gayatri or any LM walas. And I feel Lubna Saleem will do justice if made to that.
Mangothyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonwearer

In one earlier analysis Shruthi had mentioned that Gayathri was directing Satrupa. She tells her to forget Anami is her daughter and do what is necessary. In the recent episodes she has sensed something is amiss and Satrupa is restless. She warns her not to estrange Anami and that she would not be forgiven if she does that.

The need that prompted Satrupa to keep Ladoo in the guest house is Anami. The need acceptance.she justifies that it is to make Sudha falter but it is her need which is driving the action.
She is her playful self only with Ladoo.it is very painful to all the time be on your guard and do only what is expected of you. When none sense her need to listen to her pain. If a box with the baby socks intended for her little girl can act as a speed breaker in her rage the extent to which the remorse can weigh should be brou out.
Anami everytime questions if she would have gone to fetch her if vatsalya was around.
Satrupa has to answer that to herself. In the 17 years she never seems to have once remembered her. I know of mother's who remember even miscarriage s and think of the child the lost foetus would have been so how can a mother not recall a child she gave away. What is it that caused her amnesia?
She did not take anyone other than Damu into confidence .she interpreted the gurujis direction in a way that suited her. It must be staged away somewhere in her heart. That reason must be brought out. Satrupa s pain and guilt over what she did then needs to be brought out not merely the manifestation of what she did now in her bid to buy time to bond with Anami. That is what will be the redemption. That will make her pain relatable that would make us see the Satrupa she is not the one she presents to the world outside. The indifferent RS and LM spokesperson.

@Red I think this question Anami asks again and again is really about what she meant to Satrupa when she had Vatsalya, before Satrupa brought her to Benaras. Anami had a good life in Benaras, she was loved by the Pandits, but still she has a void that nothing could fill. Satrupa and Vatsalya had a great relationship, but did Satrupa ever feel incomplete because she missed her baby girl. Satrupa fasted for Vatsalya on his birthday for 2 days, gave a blood sacrifice each year for his protection. But did she also remember the baby girl she gave up. Did she mourn for her ? Did she miss her ? 

No one wants to be a replacement for anyone. Anami cannot be a replacement for Vatsalya neither can Panditayen replace Anami's loss and confusion over why her mother gave her up. Satrupa has missed her daughter, she has those clothes hidden deep inside her closet. She needs to show Anami that she is more than the LM heir because that is why Satrupa brought her here. That she missed her for 17 years and a part of her always mourned her baby girl even if Vatsalya was a very good son and being his mother brought her immense happiness and love. 
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
The reason why Satrupa is unable to answer the question if Anami was recalled due to Vatsalyas death is because she is unable to face reality. She did not remember she had a daughter based on what we have seen. If the longing is mutual then there might be some understanding. So far from what she has seen Anami has got the feel she is dispensible. To the Pathaks she is  Indispensible an integral part of their life.

Unless Anami feels that way about her presence she will feel resentful. Her need is to be shown she matters. That she means the world. it has to be expressed in words, demonstrated in action and she should  feel wanted. that will be the soul connect she needs to feel. 
Anami is very strongly judgemental of people. she needs to come out of that mould. For that she needs the intervention of somebody like Murari Pathak or Dheeru.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Simran I had clearly told earlier also Satrupa the LM bahu cannot win. If she was LM bahu she would have justified her actions with Sudha. But that would have meant yesterday would have been the last episode I would watched of RKC because then I was going to watch the over glorified bahus running in one soap to other. 
But she reacted emotionally and the truth came out . The truth which took her daughter away from her, but the same truth will bring back her daughter to her in true sense. She can win only as a mother. 

Now some told why Anami need redemption. Anami has to have a path crossing. She needs to understand why Satrupa did what she did. Both has to travel that path. Anami has to understand her mistake of bringing Sudha and Satrupa of course has to go to Pandithayen. Pandithayen only can bring Anami and Satrupa in the same plane and I feel she will bring. 

Anami told one thing you can build new relations destroying the old. That was what exactly LM did. They destroyed Sudha-Baldev and tried to build Baldev-Satrupa. They destroyed Dheeru- RS and tried to go ahead without him. 

But Anami forgets to build new things you have to let go of the past. There is no other way. Certain things in your life has to be accepted. And that acceptance cannot be brought by the way Satrupa is doing things. She needs to understand that. 

The problem in a relation happens because of both people. To solve it both have to leave their ego and bow their head a bit, stretch their hand a bit. Problem continues when  you think only the other person is wrong. Both Satrupa and Anami had done it. 
Ardhanarishwara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mangothyme

The question that comes up again and again in this serial. What is a good mother ?

Briefly read through posts. I strongly disagree that Anami has to be the one that needs to come running to Satrupa for redemption. No, for me it's Satrupa that needs redemption. Let's go right back to the beginning.

Anami was happy in Benaras. She was a much loved daughter. But she always has an emptiness on her birthday for 17 years. She feels guilty for that. She says her life was perfect but for that. Anami has a mother, Panditayen. A loving mother, a hands on mother, a sacrificial one who loves her unconditionally. She did not care Anami was adopted. she did not care she was not her own, she loved her because Anami exists. More importantly she loved Anami the same even after Ladoo was born. She did not sacrifice Anami for one minute, did make her feel different even after a child who Panditayen probably prayed years for was born. That is the definition of a good mother.  Anami is loved by such a mother. She will not accept anything less. That is why Anami still wears the clothes stitched by Panditayen. The weird, unfashionable clothes when tempted by gorgeous, designer ones. Anami's life will be so much easier if she could just give in and accept all that the heir of LM is entitled to. She will get wealth, clothes, jewels, land. Who knows what ? One could even argue Anami can help the Pandits more if she accepts the hand on LM. But she does not. Why ? Stubbornness ? Pride ? No, it is love, love of parents who took her in when they had nothing, who got nothing from LM for raising her. Who raised her as their own with infinite love. Anami's zid is because her parents are the Pandits. To become the heir of LM would mean ceasing to be the child of the Pandits and Anami cannot do that. Avdoot has loving parents too. But he was willing to give up all that for being the LM heir. Pandits were willing to go to jail or leave their life in Benaras in order to be a family with Anami. That is love. That is a family. Ladoo's life would be sacrificed for Anami, but they never differentiated between their biological child and foster one. Families stick together, that's what they do. A child raised with so much love like Anami was will never accept anything less. I cannot connect a lot of times with Anami. Her zid, stupidity, impulsiveness. But I connect so much with the way she loves the Pandits and how they love her.

Satrupa does not love like that. I have enormous sympathy for Satrupa. She may have had a valid reason to give Anami up. She did not want to. She might have spent 17 years burning inside for her daughter too. But reality is she abandoned her. Even now it is all Anami, Anami, Anami. When she prepares the tray, it is what Anami likes. What about Ladoo ? Satrupa has had a bad life. People use her. Baldev does not care for her. She yearns for Anami's love. Anami is rude to her, does not let her in. But nothing excuses Satrupa putting Ladoo in danger for Anami's love. Nothing. I don't care how much Satrupa yearns for Anami. There is absolutely no excuse for what she did to Ladoo. All the material goods in the world does not excuse that. Satrupa does not know the meaning of what a mother is, Anami is right there. A good mother will not sacrifice someone else's child for her own child's love. That's what Sudha does. She sacrifices others for her selfish reasons. Motive and intent does not matter here. A good person does not sacrifice others for their selfish reasons and a good mother, never. One of the traits of a sociopath is even if they have a conscience it is weak. Satrupa's  conscience failed her then. Her sociopathic tendencies took over, the LM Bahu took over. A mother would never put another child in danger for her own selfish reasons. 

Personal tragedies in our own lives do not ever excuse bad behavior on our part. I cannot excuse such behavior in RL or in fictional stories. The redemption Satrupa needs to do is towards the Pandits. For having ingratitude towards them, for threatening them, for never once saying thank you, for taking both their children from them.  The day she is grateful towards the Pandits is the day she will stop harming Ladoo in any way. Then she will Anami's love. Until then Satrupa does not deserve to be called Mom by Anami even if her life is one big tragedy.

Anami has lots of growing up to do. I do not excuse what she did. But in this she is right to me. 

@Mangothyme
I always comes to this thread to read your review..you are so impartial and thinks from everyones point of view..i like to repad your views on Mahabharata and British Royal family, Bible theories and other similar things..there wasn't even an instant i didn't agree with what you wrote..i l admire it that you dnt blindly believe in whatever is said in ithihas/religious books and thinks logically and believes in what you feel right..i wanted to say it long back but restricted thinking it's not a platform to show my admiration..but I couldn't hold back anymore..hence i am writing it today.
Agreed with everything you said above but wanted to add one thing..its not only about putting laddoo in danger.. Satrupa actually was giving pain to her own daughter by hiding laddoo for attaining her affection..what sort of love is that.. giving pain to someone for attaining their love..it's not a usual behavior,its not love..I just can't digest that, and the lady has the audacity to say I did this for you anami.. like seriously!!!when laddoo was kidnapped everyone in LM was concerned because Anami was worried, nothing new,its expected from LM people.but I didn't expect that from Satrupa since she was the one who unnecessarily pulled Laddoo in this mess..I expected her to pledge to bring laddoo back at any cost not because Anami asked her something for the first time, but because she felt guilty for putting a kid in danger,because of her responsibility towards laddoo and panditayein.. Satrupa might have endured a lot in her life but that doesn't give her license to pay with others life, a mistake is a mistake done under any circumstance.
There were instances were I felt angry at Anami but yesterday her every question felt right to me...
Edited by Ardhanarishwara - 6 years ago
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Shruthi, Mango- I expected the ruthless business woman in Sat to turn the mess she has created to her advantage.
I felt it was bit sudden that she went all Maa and emotional.

Anami was thawing towards her, she could've slowly won over her.

More than redemption, i want them to understand each other. Both Satrupa & Anami had right questions.
"How long will you crucify me?"
"Would you have come for me if  the  LM heir was alive?"

I think, they both have no answer to each other's questions.For me it boils down to Anami forgiving Satrupa and Satrupa loving her for herself, not for her utility value as the heir or the replacement for her son.

Edited by simran_singh_24 - 6 years ago
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Simran I had clearly told earlier also Satrupa the LM bahu cannot win. If she was LM bahu she would have justified her actions with Sudha. But that would have meant yesterday would have been the last episode I would watched of RKC because then I was going to watch the over glorified bahus running in one soap to other. 

But she reacted emotionally and the truth came out . The truth which took her daughter away from her, but the same truth will bring back her daughter to her in true sense. She can win only as a mother. 

Now some told why Anami need redemption. Anami has to have a path crossing. She needs to understand why Satrupa did what she did. Both has to travel that path. Anami has to understand her mistake of bringing Sudha and Satrupa of course has to go to Pandithayen. Pandithayen only can bring Anami and Satrupa in the same plane and I feel she will bring. 

Anami told one thing you can build new relations destroying the old. That was what exactly LM did. They destroyed Sudha-Baldev and tried to build Baldev-Satrupa. They destroyed Dheeru- RS and tried to go ahead without him. 

But Anami forgets to build new things you have to let go of the past. There is no other way. Certain things in your life has to be accepted. And that acceptance cannot be brought by the way Satrupa is doing things. She needs to understand that. 

The problem in a relation happens because of both people. To solve it both have to leave their ego and bow their head a bit, stretch their hand a bit. Problem continues when  you think only the other person is wrong. Both Satrupa and Anami had done it. 

Shruti - well put. I think Sat also broke the pandit family relationship with Anami to make her her daughter. She needs to mend that ... and Anami has to put that relationship behind her ( not completely... she cannot be as disconnected as she is and she has to be be willingly in LM )... but has to move ahead ... only then will both of them be true mother and daughter.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Simran you put it rightly both need to understand each other and that question is important. 
@newbie yes Satrupa took Anami just from her surroundings and brought her to LM without understanding what she wants. She cannot adapt to it suddenly. 

And coming to Satrupa bringing Ladoo, yes the business woman bought him not to sacrifice or anything, neither she had any plans that Ladoo has to be kidnapped. She bought him because Anami was not listening to any reasoning regarding Sudha. Leave her, Anami can hate Satrupa to the hilt. 

But she was unwilling to listen to Adhi and also to Gayatri who specifically told her not to read the last page without reading the first page. 

The problem is in her hatred for Satrupa, Anami did certain things which is affecting everyone and in her obsession to control her daughter Satrupa did certain things which is now spreading like a fire. 

Mistakes happened from both sides the advantage of which is going to go for both Pujan and Sudha. Unless these both understand each other neither LM will survive nor RS and if RS falls in the wrong hands with it goes the future of its thousands of employees. 

In the war between mother and daughter hangs the life of thousands of employees. Which neither the mother thinks nor the daughter. 
And the only man who will think about those 1000 of workers is Dheeru who has known what poverty is, what hunger is and what RS and the regular salary means to those employees.  

But then at this point none cares for RS. Maa wants to defeat beti, beti wants to defeat Maa. 
usharanganathan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Shruthi agree with you entirely. Anami is filled with prejudice against Satrupa.She might be right in her hatred to some extent. But she must also apply the wisdom that pandit Pathak  has given her.Her dadi and Adi also asked her to get to the truth by herself. She has not listened to any of them. She will understand the implications of her action only when she is faced with another kidnap like situation and Satrupa or Adi not being there to support her. 
Satrupa is staring at the prospect of losing her identity and daughter now ,for all her mistakes ,some at the demand of situations , some because of her selfishness. Anami should do the same. Then she will really be the heir of LM and RS

Edited by usharanganathan - 6 years ago
Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Probably one shouldn't even compare episodes :) . After yesterday's brilliant episode, I was expecting fireworks which sadly fizzled out. Somethings stand out.
First as Shruthi put it correctly, Sat is still in the perception of that LM bahu and not the mother. As long as this takes precedence, she is going to lose Anami. And from the view of today's episode, she probably might barge into Pathaks' house after Anami's escape, make the same mistake and further alienate her daughter.
Precap shows dear Adhi ji having totally fallen for Anami but whether this love is beyond physical relationship and more of a moral one, only time will tell. Honestly I'd have appreciated that there was a friendship wala between the two. The writers have, I feel, screwed up on this count. Probably as Mangothyme put it, Anami seems childish even though the first signs of womanhood are slowly getting evident; that running away the other day; the change in her attire whether conscious or unconscious and the way she blushed when Poonam teased her. BTW, Adhi is more in LM or his gym than CBI HQ. Probably he will be Anami's personal bodyguard as Dadi desires ( and maybe in future BD and Adhi will have a face-off ).
Coming to Anami, even though she wants to teach her MM a lesson, she feels guilty wrt Gayatri. And though she is angry with Sat, she will come back for her mother. When Poonam tells this is her home, even though she says Benaras is, her eyes were doubtful And then when Sudha tells about own mother for Laddoo, the way she reacted confirms it. Also, though she is angry with Sat, her reactions with Sudha tell that she doubts her; that's why she is not free with her as she used to be.
Finally, I think her taking Vat's diary also is an indicator that something will happen that will bring her back. Let's see.
BTW, vacation mode is still on. There were editing deficiencies (I won't call mistakes) and Dhamo is absent when Sat needs her most.