letz start daily episode discussion...

adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
I am so in love with the show that 20 mins just dont satisfy me...so from last week i started storing episodes and watching all of them at one go on friday...
but this show deserves much more attention from us...why dont we start a daily episode discussion...trust me there will be loads to discussion...this is a very very intense show and every character has many levels and as far as ask-i-memnu goes every emotion of every character has been extremely well explored...

if u all guys r ready to start discussion thread for every episode then i will again start watching on daily basis...

wat say guys...if u guys agree i can take the initiative and open the thread every day two hours before the episode starts...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tagmilk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good initiative. I was also wondering why the forum isn't active.
There are so many hints and dialogues with hidden hints about future track..
I'm up for it!
zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah layers have started peeling n discussion is important
adoremevirgo thumbnail
only 2 replies...i am highly disappointed ðŸ˜’ wen i joined this forum ystrdy i thot i wud be joining one of the most active forums in IF...but i was very upset this forum has no action...noone seems to be online and even if they r noone making any kind of discussions...i hv been in so many active forums but definitely this is one of the most intense shows with loads of symbolisms...
i really fail to understand the choice of indian viewers...why dont this amazing show get the kind of response it deserves...it shud be in the top 2 ranking in IF but its so sad that its at 22...

but okie i will open a thread today evening...i will see how much response that thread will get...its an intellectual show as well as extremely emotional...watching this show will be a gr8 experience for ppl like me who r fed up with the same kind of gheesa peeta stories in tv...

waise bhi this is the only tv show i am watching other than all the web series that i am gobbling...

so guys see u in the evening...
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Unfortunately this forum doesn't have too many members!
This show deserves so much more! But am happy to discuss the episodes! Brilliant idea
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am equally surprised that this forum is not very active. 
I would love to participate in discussions ðŸ˜ƒ
I usually end up watching a whole week's episodes in one go 
because of my busy work schedule.
So maybe I can pitch in once or twice a week, if not daily.
But thanks for the initiative, much needed.

My only request for those who participate...please don't post hints about the 
original story while making comparisons because that totally spoils the curiosity
factor for those who have not watched the original ( that includes me )
Sadly someone already had posted about the ending in a different post...
...hence my request

adoremevirgo thumbnail
today i cud not but okie from next monday i will open a discussion thread...i can see very few members r active here...letz see...
very sad if brilliant shows like this succumb to low TRP...that is wat scaring me...if they can stick to the turkish show then we r in for a treat...fingers crossed...i hope they will not be forced to manipulate with the storyline especially the ending because of trp...

and times hv changed now...loads of ppl r watching on hotstar instead of tv...many ppl i know who hv the time to watch on tv r still watching on hotstar because of absence of ads...so i wish they will include hotstar viewership in their trp rating...

and i agree with Mishfan...letz not spoil the fun for those who do not know the original story...
SummerRain7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Brilliant epi today! The way this situation is playing out on the show is really interesting. Rehaan, though he means well and has AM's best interests at heart, has jumped to conclusions about Ahaana and has ended up hurting the one person he was trying to protect in the first place. His intentions are not wrong, but his actions are.

Roshni - Its easy for her to jump to conclusions about Ahaana because at some level she already sees Ahaana as a threat to her bond with her father and this one sided and incomplete conversation between Ahaana and Saloni that she happened to overhear just helped reinforce that belief.

Laila - She doesn't realize that her repeated taunts to  Rehaan has just reinforced Rehaan's belief that the mother-daughter duo are hand-in-glove and have already started their scheming and plotting.

Ahaana - I love how realistic this character is ,when compared to the umpteen SP female leads that we have seen so far. I liked her conversation with Saloni, especially the bits about the kids. She doesn't have any unrealistic expectations from them and is willing to give them time and space to accept her.

So everybody's kind of right in their places based on how they have interpreted the situation and I can't help but think thats how it normally happens in real life too. Such a welcome change from the scheming, conniving vamp based stories. Even Leila doesn't come across as a full blown vamp. She is extremely selfish for sure and has no qualms about using people to fulfill her objectives but that is not hard to digest.

The only thing that I find odd is that the makers have so far been mum on Ahaana's career aspirations. Does she not have any? For someone who is so head strong and confident and independent, shouldn't she be earning on her own already? It would have really enhanced her character.
wizardofoz2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SummerRain7

Brilliant epi today! The way this situation is playing out on the show is really interesting. Rehaan, though he means well and has AM's best interests at heart, has jumped to conclusions about Ahaana and has ended up hurting the one person he was trying to protect in the first place. His intentions are not wrong, but his actions are.

Roshni - Its easy for her to jump to conclusions about Ahaana because at some level she already sees Ahaana as a threat to her bond with her father and this one sided and incomplete conversation between Ahaana and Saloni that she happened to overhear just helped reinforce that belief.

Laila - She doesn't realize that her repeated taunts to  Rehaan has just reinforced Rehaan's belief that the mother-daughter duo are hand-in-glove and have already started their scheming and plotting.

Ahaana - I love how realistic this character is ,when compared to the umpteen SP female leads that we have seen so far. I liked her conversation with Saloni, especially the bits about the kids. She doesn't have any unrealistic expectations from them and is willing to give them time and space to accept her.

So everybody's kind of right in their places based on how they have interpreted the situation and I can't help but think thats how it normally happens in real life too. Such a welcome change from the scheming, conniving vamp based stories. Even Leila doesn't come across as a full blown vamp. She is extremely selfish for sure and has no qualms about using people to fulfill her objectives but that is not hard to digest.

The only thing that I find odd is that the makers have so far been mum on Ahaana's career aspirations. Does she not have any? For someone who is so head strong and confident and independent, shouldn't she be earning on her own already? It would have really enhanced her character.

Excellent post. I also wondered about why the makers did not project Ahana as a career woman. We already have an SP lead in Ishita from YHM , whose characterization is progressive and accepted by the TRP aunties. I am surprised that in DSJZ they did not make Ahana independent enough to run her Dads business after his demise. I would have loved her even more than I do right now had that been the case.
SummerRain7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wizardofoz2

Excellent post. I also wondered about why the makers did not project Ahana as a career woman. We already have an SP lead in Ishita from YHM , whose characterization is progressive and accepted by the TRP aunties. I am surprised that in DSJZ they did not make Ahana independent enough to run her Dads business after his demise. I would have loved her even more than I do right now had that been the case.

Oh ! I wouldn't call Ishita progressive. Keeping her profession aside , she is your typical SP bahu - a forgiving, self-sacrificing super woman who is capable of doing pretty much everything under the sky. Ahaana is much too human and someone you could relate to. And even if she is not managing her dad's business, at the very least I expected her to earn her own living and not to have been completely dependent on her mother who she proclaims to hate.