Are Our Stories Repetitive? Are Our Stories Impactful?

lovely_nikki thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Hey Friends,

This special Thread is for all those writers or Creative Artists (like Soni), who sometimes ends up doubting their creativity or talent.

Are Our Stories Repetitive? Are Our Stories (Or Our Work) Really Impactful?

Well these are the questions that are bothering a close friend of mine lately. Due to which she has almost given up on writing (well I hope and pray that she has not completely given up and that she will start to write soon).

First let me talk about stories being Repetitive....

Well there are only limited concepts, themes or genres on which one can write a story. Yes I admit that almost All Stories are Repetitive. But at the end of the day, It's all about presenting them the way the writers envisioned them. Every writer has something different to tell as everyone has got different perceptions and perspectives even on similar concepts or situations. 

Take for example...

When a contest is being held, all contestants are given one theme on which they have to showcase their talent. So aren't those contestants working on the same theme? Aren't those concepts same and repetitive? But isn't everyone's story different from the others? 

That is the most important thing. The concept being repetitive readers still get to read different stories on one single concepts or themes. 

As per my POV, there is no harm in writing on Repetitive concepts. I have another example. The concepts on which my new story "Saudagar!" is based, well I have got at least Three stories based on that one concept. All Three of them are different from each other. 

So yes I don't mind writing on Repetitive Concepts.

Coming to a story being Impactful...

Well as a writer or an artist (you'll know why I mentioned Artists in a little while) we feel that our stories or our work should leave some impact on those who reads them or sees them.

To tell you the truth, I personally feel that Every Stories leaves some impact on readers. Same thing goes for every work done by an artist.

In the last couple of weeks I received some depressing news. That time I was reading Sharlene's new story and then I read Bee's new OS. I felt so nice reading them. Both stories brought a smile on my face. Both stories are so light hearted. Where Bee's OS was romantic, Sharlene's story has got all the elements, from sadness to naughtiness to humor and not to forget romance also. 

Whenever I think of few of Tessa's OS's and Jhil's SS "Raat Ke Humsafar!" And few others (whose titles I don't remember but I still remember the story) I become sad and emotional as they have left a huge impact on me. (I miss Tess and Jhil's stories so much). 

When I think of the time when Bee was sharing her Updates with me on her story "Maid For Me!" it brings back those memories where I had enjoyed so much pestering her, bugging her and bothering her. But mainly I had felt so honored that she was sharing it with me before showing it to others. (I miss your stories also). 

When I think of Sassy's SS "Life Colors Again!" I feel encouraged that one must not give up on things or on life so easily as life has a way of bringing back colors. (I have yet to catch with the last story of yours)

Similarly when I see Soni's creations (yes she's the Artist here), it makes me tickle as it takes me back to those days when PV was on and we used to have so much fun. (I have yet to start reading your stories). 

I know people have stopped commenting on our work, which is kind of sad. But we can't force anyone to come and comment.

We too have our personal lives from which we try to get some free time and work on our creations, be it Stories or Edits like Soni's. We don't get anything in return. Whatever comments or feedbacks we used to get, they have also lessened but I still want to keep on writing as I know that my stories, my work are being enjoyed by people. (Even if some of them are stalking and not ready to even Hit the Like Button). 

That is why I said that every story, every creative work leaves some impact on someone. We are not aware of it, but yes they are impactful. Even if I have written something silly and meaningless, I know it has left some impact on readers, doesn't matter if it's negative. Well silly stories will definitely get negative feedback but here also I know that if it made them react then that means it has left some impact on them. 

So my friend, to answer your both questions, yes All Stories are Repetitive and All stories leave some sort of Impact thus making them Impactful. It doesn't matter if they get positive or negative feedback, always remember that they have left some kind of Impact on someone.

If it's a sad story, readers become sad. If it is a romantic story they smile and blush. If a story has humor in it, they laugh. If the story is silly they get angry. So yes Every Story manages to leave some Impact in one way or the other. 

I do hope that after reading this, you will stop doubting yourself and start writing again and shower us with your Amazing Talent. Not just you, but those who feel dejected and depressed I hope this small post will help you and gives you the encouragement that you so need. 

Those who have read this Thread and Agree with me, please do leave a small comment as your support and encouragement to All those who wants to give up on writing or posting their Creations in this forum. 

Or at least Hit the Like Button as you support. 

Bless you All πŸ€—

Love β€οΈ

Nikki. 

Btw, this is my 30,000th posts πŸ₯³

Edited by lovely_nikki - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Congrats on your 30 000 posts πŸ‘
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
That's the perfect post for the 30000th, πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΌ
Well for once I don't have much to add, you said it all and so well .

The world is filled with repetitive stories and like you said the themes are not endless and everyone has a different takes on the same topic, look at the debate on social network or critics when a book, movies, or other type of art is released. Everyone will have a different take to it, so weather its like or dislike it leaves an impact. I also think that romantic or love stories are probably the most written about, case in point the world of fanfiction created out of tv shows where fans want to portray their favourite characters in various situaion and twits, yet with an happy ending (most of the time😳). I can sincerely said that I was (still are) entertained by the stories posted on this site.  So to all the writers and particularly those who doubts their talents (don't) and thank you. πŸ€— 

Edited by sass8 - 6 years ago
Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Alien ji for being a sweetheart and always encouraging and loving us, you are an angel πŸ€—
B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: B-onesie

Congrats on your 30 000 posts πŸ‘

Yes they are sooo repetitive!!!

And I love it.  As you say, it is sometimes the the same theme but from a totally different perspective.  Especially the PV tracks.  Sometimes it made me gasp when I read from a certain writers perspective as I would not never have seen it from that perspective.

I loved it when incomplete tracks were addressed and completed by our awesome writers.  

And yes, it is repetitive because for me personally, stories in the forum inspired me to write or follow on the stories that they wrote.  Like Tessie's TV' os that inspired my stranger than fiction. 

I have spent many hours crying and laughing and gushing and blushing over the stories.  I have eagerly scoured the site for more stories of certain writers when I found this forum.  

I learnt so much of a new culture and customs.  I was saddened to learn about some of the atrocities and discrimination committed to the disenfranchised.

The interesting customs and rituals intrigued me to the point that I just wanted to know more.

This all because of stories, fluffy, fun, emotional, sad, disturbing, sometimes all in one story.

So yes, wonderfully repetitive and wonderfully enlightning, insightful, educational and most of all romantic and fluffy.

Just my POV.

sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: B-onesie

Yes they are sooo repetitive!!!

And I love it.  As you say, it is sometimes the the same theme but from a totally different perspective.  Especially the PV tracks.  Sometimes it made me gasp when I read from a certain writers perspective as I would not never have seen it from that perspective.

I loved it when incomplete tracks were addressed and completed by our awesome writers.  

And yes, it is repetitive because for me personally, stories in the forum inspired me to write or follow on the stories that they wrote.  Like Tessie's TV' os that inspired my stranger than fiction. 

I have spent many hours crying and laughing and gushing and blushing over the stories.  I have eagerly scoured the site for more stories of certain writers when I found this forum.  

I learnt so much of a new culture and customs.  I was saddened to learn about some of the atrocities and discrimination committed to the disenfranchised.

The interesting customs and rituals intrigued me to the point that I just wanted to know more.

This all because of stories, fluffy, fun, emotional, sad, disturbing, sometimes all in one story.

So yes, wonderfully repetitive and wonderfully enlightning, insightful, educational and most of all romantic and fluffy.

Just my POV.

Totally agree about the customs and culture πŸ˜Š learning part . 
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well said Nikki β­οΈ but i know others feels disappointed when the readers are less or comments are few.
I am just writing to keep forum activity and to let loose my imagination πŸ˜† If I had the knowledge of creating edits and posting here i would of done that too for me it is just about keeping this forum open for as long as possible 

SillySoni thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Aww thank you so much di for encourage me so much with your this lovely post πŸ€— yes I'm 100% sure that I'm a horrible writer but then I still not stop writing just to make our forum active.. Again thank you Di πŸ˜ƒβ€οΈ
lovely_nikki thumbnail

Originally posted by: sass8

That's the perfect post for the 30000th, πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΌ

Well for once I don't have much to add, you said it all and so well .

The world is filled with repetitive stories and like you said the themes are not endless and everyone has a different takes on the same topic, look at the debate on social network or critics when a book, movies, or other type of art is released. Everyone will have a different take to it, so weather its like or dislike it leaves an impact. I also think that romantic or love stories are probably the most written about, case in point the world of fanfiction created out of tv shows where fans want to portray their favourite characters in various situaion and twits, yet with an happy ending (most of the time😳). I can sincerely said that I was (still are) entertained by the stories posted on this site.  So to all the writers and particularly those who doubts their talents (don't) and thank you. πŸ€— 

Thanks Sassy for sharing your POV with us. πŸ€—

I really feel bad when people with talent starts to doubt themselves. I know it's not their fault, it's basic human nature to questioning themselves ourselves when we don't see much reactions from the readers for whom we work so hard. We can't change the world but we can certainly try to encourage our friends πŸ˜³

lovely_nikki thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tessaloni

Thank you Alien ji for being a sweetheart and always encouraging and loving us, you are an angel πŸ€—

No Tess I'm not an Angel. I'm a simple human being who cares for her near and dears ones and you all are included in that list.

I'll try anything that is possible for me to bring a smile on everyone's face. Always want to see you and everyone around here, happy and healthy πŸ€—